State of Tennessee Passes Resolution to Honor Michael Jackson

CherubimII

Proud Member
Tenn. House Narrowly OKs

Michael Jackson Measure

if (PLATFORM.EventMan) PLATFORM.EventMan.triggerEvent('WNStoryRelatedBoxdone');
Associated Press - February 3, 2010 5:15 PM ET
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A resolution to honor the late pop superstar Michael Jackson has passed the Tennessee House with only one vote to spare.

The resolution sponsored by Democratic Rep. G. A. Hardaway of Memphis passed Wednesday on a vote of 51-22. Measures need at least 50 votes to pass the 99-member chamber.

Another 24 lawmakers abstained.
Rep. Gerald McCormick, who voted for the bill, noted that Jackson was once married to Lisa Marie Presley of Memphis. In the Chattanooga Republican's words: "He was Elvis' son-in-law, and that ought to count for something."

Democratic Rep. Henry Fincher of Cookeville said he voted against the measure because Jackson was "credibly accused of child molestation."

Jackson was acquitted of all 14 counts against him at trial in 2005.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11928405

I am more surprised that It passed. Now get one for Alabama, if they passed a resolution for that stupid homophobic airhead Carrie Prejean they can do one for Mike.

And I would love to tell that Harry fuck to go Fuck himself.

I'm in the state of Tennessee right now, and believe me, considering
the racist history of Tennessee, this is a MIRACLE.
I'm PROUD of the state of Tennessee.
Thank you, JESUS CHRIST!!!!!
veryhappy.gif

that's beautiful news, though the member that abstained bites the governmental hand that feeds him, by not believing in the court system. maybe he should work for somebody who believe in the court of public opinion, and then that person should fire, him, because of an opinion, that the guy is evil.

How much weight does him being "'credibly' accused" hold if he was proven not guilty? lol That's some b.s. right there, considering Elvis and his 'questionable decisions', but I digress....no, one more thing, Mr. Fincher, sit yo ass down! The house has spoken. Now, I digress..... WOO-HOOO!

I am more surprised that It passed. Now get one for Alabama, if they passed a resolution for that stupid homophobic airhead Carrie Prejean they can do one for Mike.

Go for it:

Representative Henry Fincher
305 East Spring Street*
Cookeville, TN 38501-3311

Phone number: 931-528-1173

I'm sorry but did he just say that Mike was "cerdibly accused of child molestation"? Wtf...since when does being found not guilty on all counts mean you were "credibly" accused? And this is coming from an Elvis fan lmao.

veryhappy.gif

May I just suggest to all MJ fans of Tenessee to write that Democratic Rep who voted against the resolution citing as reason that MJ was 'credibly' accused of child molestation to get his facts straight. An ignorant, prejudiced person like that does not deserve to serve in a public office.

Tenn. House Narrowly OKs

Michael Jackson Measure

if (PLATFORM.EventMan) PLATFORM.EventMan.triggerEvent('WNStoryRelatedBoxdone');
Associated Press - February 3, 2010 5:15 PM ET
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A resolution to honor the late pop superstar Michael Jackson has passed the Tennessee House with only one vote to spare.

The resolution sponsored by Democratic Rep. G. A. Hardaway of Memphis passed Wednesday on a vote of 51-22. Measures need at least 50 votes to pass the 99-member chamber.

Another 24 lawmakers abstained.
Rep. Gerald McCormick, who voted for the bill, noted that Jackson was once married to Lisa Marie Presley of Memphis. In the Chattanooga Republican's words: "He was Elvis' son-in-law, and that ought to count for something."

Democratic Rep. Henry Fincher of Cookeville said he voted against the measure because Jackson was "credibly accused of child molestation."

Jackson was acquitted of all 14 counts against him at trial in 2005.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11928405

"credibly accused"? He left out the "found innocent" part.

Henry Fincher and his jackass comment, what does that mean? The man was innocent period after 15 years of investigation by the FBI flying around the world looking for a neddle in a haystack...idiots why do we even try to maker sense of the shit they say....Ignorant and they are in a public office?

so guys is the resolution similar to the one the congress woman mention at his memeorial?

Last edited:
2 things...

1st Rep. Gerald McCormick
Because he was Elvis's Son-inlaw, that ought to count for something? ARE YOU Kidding me? SO that was it? thats what he meant to some then?

2nd Democratic Rep. Henry Fincher

I'm not even gonna repeat what he said. He needs to get his head out of his Glutes Maxi-mus!

My Goodness, SO MUCH IGNORANCE!!! I'll try hard to pray 4 them...but I think its just gonna bounce off the sky...

God help them understand and know the truth! :pray:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

2 things...

1st Rep. Gerald McCormick
Because he was Elvis's Son-inlaw, that ought to count for something? ARE YOU Kidding me? SO that was it? thats what he meant to some then?

My Goodness, SO MUCH IGNORANCE!!! I'll try hard to pray 4 them...but I think its just gonna bounce off the sky...

Yeah.... right... what has Elvis to do with this?
Well... that was strange :lol:
What have they done for LMP? Made her queen or something? Or she has been freed from paying taxes for the rest of her life? -_-

Oh God. Here we go again, a bunch of racists that worship the floor Elvis walked on. That's why they feel the need to mention him because they know MJ is a billion times bigger and is a world icon. They completely feel threatened.

Oh God. Here we go again, a bunch of racists that worship the floor Elvis walked on. That's why they feel the need to mention him because they know MJ is a billion times bigger and is a world icon. They completely feel threatened.
That's completely right. They feel threatened by MJ hence the mentioning of Elvis, who to many people outside trailer parks and Tennessee is a distant memory.

I try to remind myself that haters come and go again, nobody will remember these haters 50/`100 years down the line, but people will remember Michael. And I'm convinced that he will remembered like the real great minds/artists/thinkers like Picasso, Beethoven, Mozart,Michaelangelo, he would deserve to be put on the same level as they are.

Last edited:
Not all Elvis fans have something aginst Mike, only the obessed crazys do. :no: And how do you know this dickhead who made the "MJ is a Pedo" is a Elvis fan sometimes it may be one of those stupid morals people who are usually the ones who cheated on thier wives and who end up chatting up underage boys online. Don't generalize us as Mike haters, this fued is the only reason why I am not on an Elvis board either due to some Elvis fans doing the same crap to Michael.

Last edited:
Good news although Rep Fincher tried to sabotage it. If many of us were found guilty based on "credible" accusations there would be more innocent men in prison falsely accused of rape, murder, etc. Unfortunately, history shows us that a lot of black men were falsely accused of these crimes. I am sure the accusations were "credible" too. All those who are found guilty due to mistaken identity and prejudice were "credible" accused. Think about the men who were found guilty of rape, put in jail, until the "new invention" of DNA Testing was used in the 80/90s to free them--they were "credible" accused too. What a shame we have someone who holds such views as a Representative of people. Thank you for the address. My letter will be in the post tomorrow.

Yea i like 2 know what resolution 2 honor means also??

Plus, WHY are yall hell bent what that guy said??? I dont like what he said ALSO BUT its gonna be people who STILL TILL THIS DAY AND PROBABLE FOEVER will believe he is guilty... Like today people who r falsely accused r going 2 have people who r set in their ways. Sadly

It's to honor someone by a bill or something
----------------------------------------------

I hate what he said, but I don't think calling or e-mailing that guy will get to him (they don't take out of county or state complaints seriously because they are not voting for him, the locals are and government people want to make sure they get reelected.) , because public officials and government people always have the answering service and an auto e-mail response of (copies of the same e-mail that the comp sends in response to someone e-mail). I saw the Peter King thread and he had the same option to.

I still hate it when a pubic official believes this and have no faith in the court system. That makes me mad sometimes.

Guys, send this guy this message

HE WAS INCREDIBLY ACCUSSED

AND WAS CREDIBLY ACQUITTED

By incredible, i mean the outrageous way he was accussed based on lies, and he was credibly acquitted

By the way, which guy if guilty, gets hounded and investigated for 15 years over the same thing by all law enforcement agencies in the country, SBPD, FBI, LAPD, CUSTOMS, DCFS not to mention the media and gets acquitted of ALL counts?

That guy can only be credibly innocent and a victim.

I really don't like to pick on Elvis because I don't think Michael would. I think he actually appreciated him and its just maybe the out of control fans as someone said.

People that are into Elvis likely are older and would not have been into Michael so the paths don't cross all that much. Or am I totally wrong? I liked Elvis in his movies when I was younger but never his music. I had a friend who was a major fan though and had everything in her livingroom Elvis and it looked like a museum. I guess some do that with Michael too maybe. I just have the CD's and DVD's and ok...I admit...lots of pictures on the computer.

This is wonderful news.

But I am just so sick and tired of people ignoring the truth. Michael was found innocent of those charges. If people even tried to get to know Michael and learn what he was all about, then there would be no doubt that it would not be possible that he could do those things. People choose to be hateful because they are ignorant and racist.

veryhappy.gif

Yeah I heard they showed that on the news and I was like what?! Never thought they'd do this, I know a lot of ppl against Mike here that still think he was guilty.:no:
Anyway, they're closed minded ppl that will never change their minds no matter how much you try to show them the facts.

Go for it:

Representative Henry Fincher
305 East Spring Street*
Cookeville, TN 38501-3311

Phone number: 931-528-1173

LOL! Y'all 'Wanna Be Starting Something' I see, LOL

Plus, WHY are yall hell bent what that guy said??? I dont like what he said ALSO BUT its gonna be people who STILL TILL THIS DAY AND PROBABLE FOEVER will believe he is guilty... Like today people who r falsely accused r going 2 have people who r set in their ways. Sadly
This is important because this is someone who respresent the LAW. Yes, I will write on this one. This guy will NOt get away with this just like Pete King of New York will not get away with his comment.s. Sorry but I think this was said more out of raciam than anything else. Elvis dated Priscilla (who was a minor and that was PROVEN and crediable) and these people love Elvis and do not think wrong of him. Michael was LIED on and that what was proven. Oh, yes, this fool needs a letter to be informed.

Back