Bad video was directed by who!?

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I was watching the Bad video & at the end it says the director: Martin Scorse?? What!?!? Martin Scorse the director??? They could have just put his name in there to make it look like a short film was directed by him but really???

yes It was Martin Scorsese You got to realize that around OTW/Thriller/BAD eras in Michael's solo career that alot of major, even 'classic' artists where all somehow tied together..(I guess because they were all greats) Michael was one of those rare few artists.

here's a link to IMDB.com:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124288/

Last edited:
MJ was the man. John Landis, Martin Scorsese, Spike Lee, John Singleton, etc. He got some of the best directors of all time.

Just look at the Liberian Girl video. What other singer/artist could pull all those people together? Nobody! Except MJ!

A few more that he's worked with...George Lucas Steven Spielberg Debbie Allen Marlon Brando

I was watching the Bad video & at the end it says the director: Martin Scorse?? What!?!? Martin Scorse the director??? They could have just put his name in there to make it look like a short film was directed by him but really???

Yea it's true! Their are pics online of martin and mj on the set of the video shoot! lol I'm sorry but where ya been that u don't know this? :p Martin is even in the video he is the one on the most wanted poster in the video that someone rips off lol!

Yea it's true! Their are pics online of martin and mj on the set of the video shoot! lol I'm sorry but where ya been that u don't know this? :p Martin is even in the video he is the one on the most wanted poster in the video that someone rips off lol!

:yes: that's right. :)

here's a pic. of them on set of BAD
MJ+%26+Martin+Scorsese_jpg.jpg

The first "part" of the Bad video long version is so great. You get to see Michael reveal a side (acting wise) not really seen anywhere else and it was captured by SCORSESE. Super awesome and one of my favorites. I believe this was also one of Wesley Snipes' earliest acting gigs.

Bad would have been great as a full feature film with Wesley Snipes with MS directing and Mike in the lead.

Well I didn't know because I generally don't associate a big time movie director with a big time musician lol. & they spelled his name wrong anyway. thats so cool. I wonder if he had any thoughts on Michael after he passed...

in my opinion bad is the best mj video ..
the dance moves ... the outfit .. the acting .... the swagger .. the debut of mj's crotch grabbing :clapping::wild: and martin scorsese DIRECTING IT WOOO ...

love the part!
" u aint bad u aint nothin!!!! "

Last edited:
I love the sound effects when Mike moves like his arms or does certain dance moves lol!!!!

my fave part of the video is when the guy pulls himself up with his shrit and hes on red rollar skates!! lol :happy: doing the moonwalk

my fave part of the video is when the guy pulls himself up with his shrit and hes on red rollar skates!! lol :happy: doing the moonwalk

hahaha..that's funny..i was watching Bad last night, and thinking how much I loved that move!

I love Michael's acting skills on Bad, of course the song, everyting, but as an actor, he was excelent there... wow. :bow:

Back