Lets Talk About .... Horror Films!

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I love horror pictures but seems like they don't make them like they used to. Lets all discuss: First I love Alfred Hitchcock, Vincent Price, Stephen King is ok

some fave films are: IT, Poltergiest (although I hate clowns. I'm scared of clowns thanks to these 2 movies) Psycho the original, Halloween, Fri the 13th {theyre coming out with a brand new Freddy Krueger in March} Carrie again, the original, I love Twilight Zone (the show) & Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Thing, Jason, Tales From the Crypt (show) The Shining.....:yes::D

I know theres alot more but can't think right now. In fact, I scare really easy so even talking about something scary like these will give me Night Terrors lol.:doh:

Anyway whats everyones fave horror film/s?

afew images:
2zjgzl4.jpg
vgrij5.jpg

Last edited:
Yo', I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Aliens is the best horror film of all time...OF ALL TIME!

Well obviously from my siggy you can see I love the SAW films and look forward to SAW VII 3D coming october 22 and the remake to 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' coming out at the end of april!

The clown's name was Pennywise, IIRC? I loved the book "It" more than the movie (usually the case with Stephen King books) but they were both entertaining.

Some of my favorite horror movies:

The Omen
Carrie
Poltergeist
Halloween
Psycho
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist
Salem's Lot (book and TV mini-series)
The Birds
Misery (book better, meaning more graphic, than the film)
Friday The 13th
The Blob (loved it as a kid)

One horror movie that leaves me puzzled is "Silence of the Lambs". I didn't find that scary at all.

The clown's name was Pennywise, IIRC? I loved the book "It" more than the movie (usually the case with Stephen King books) but they were both entertaining.

The Omen
Carrie
Poltergeist
Halloween
Psycho
Rosemary's Baby
The Exorcist
The Birds
Misery (book better, meaning more graphic, than the film)
Friday The 13th

One horror movie that leaves me puzzled is "Silence of the Lambs". I didn't find that scary at all.

yes those are all very good. except I don't like silence of lambs because its just plain stupid. after the 2nd, 3rd time watching it.

I am a huge horror movie lover. My favorite horror movies are the ones from Stephen King. He to me makes the best horror movies. Especially:

It
The Langoliers
Storm Of The Century
The Tommyknockers
Christine
The Shining
Carrie
Pet Semetary
Firestarter
Misery
Children Of The Corn
and Rose Red

Rose Red to me is the best one out of all of them. Especially the scene where Emery got his fingers cut off. When the door slams shut on to them. That startle me a little when I first saw the movie. I do love other horror movies like:

Nightmare On Elm Street movies
Friday The 13th movies
Halloween movies (Well except for 3. I can't stand that one.)
and all of the real old horror movies

But those movies to me are no where near as good as Stephen King's movies.

ok whats our fave parts???? my fave part of Carrie is, unfortunatly and sorry Carrie but its true - when the pigs blood gets covered on her & second, she gets revenge soon after. Dammit why couldn't God give me those same powers when I needed :happy:

the best part in "Carrie" had to be the ending, when Carrie grabs that girl's hand from her grave!

Love horror flicks!
a few of my faves are already listed, but here we go:

Halloween (all but the last sequel, which was pure ishh imo)
Nightmare On Elm Street
Friday The 13th (minus "Jason Goes to Hell")
Hellraiser (I-III)
The Fog
Pet Cemetary
Sleepaway Camp
The Curse
Candyman
Fright Night 1 & 2
976-Evil
Night of the demons
Shocker
People Under the Stairs
Clownhouse
The Howling
Children of the Corn
American Werewolf in London
Dawn of the dead
Phantasm
Hostel

I love horror pictures but seems like they don't make them like they used to. Lets all discuss: First I love Alfred Hitchcock, Vincent Price, Stephen King is ok

some fave films are: IT, Poltergiest (although I hate clowns. I'm scared of clowns thanks to these 2 movies) Psycho the original, Halloween, Fri the 13th {theyre coming out with a brand new Freddy Krueger in March} Carrie again, the original, I love Twilight Zone (the show) & Alfred Hitchcock Presents - The Thing, Jason, Tales From the Crypt (show) The Shining.....:yes::D

I know theres alot more but can't think right now. In fact, I scare really easy so even talking about something scary like these will give me Night Terrors lol.:doh:

Anyway whats everyones fave horror film/s?

afew images:
2zjgzl4.jpg
vgrij5.jpg

Well, you've already mentioned some of the best there! ;)

My alltime favorite is Freddy Krueger! :)
I just watched Wrong Turn 2 with my girlfriend a few hours ago - it was pretty ok!
But as you already said the horror movies nowadays are mostly way too brutal! Blood squirting all around, body organs and arms, brains, feet, legs and everything flying around and stuff like that - I hate it sometimes when it goes too far!

There's alot!
But I recently watched Paranormal Activity :shock:
Scared the crap outta me..

I watched this just two days ago together with my girlfriend and it was really scary but I'm used to these kinda movies, tho' it scared the crap outta my gf and she couldn't sleep very well for two days then...

I don't mind the brutal-ness of it believe it or not, I like gore and blood - that makes it believeable. but what I meant was movies today are too confusing and too psychological ; just plain stupid. You don't need all this crap in a movie to make it scary. All Halloween was was a man dressed up in a mask & following around some girls. Thats it. A good, classic movie. (although now I can't watch it because I have seen it one too many times) lol

and the mask btw, is that of William Shatner! lol

ok whats our fave parts????

I liked (for lack of a better word) the scene in "Misery" where that loony tune Kathy Bates breaks Paul Sheldon's feet. Horrifying!

However, in the book that scene was so much better as she cut his leg off and then cauterized his stump with a blowtorch, lol. Sick but good. Why couldn't they keep that scene the same in the movie?

I don't mind the brutal-ness of it believe it or not, I like gore and blood - that makes it believeable. but what I meant was movies today are too confusing and too psychological ; just plain stupid. You don't need all this crap in a movie to make it scary. All Halloween was was a man dressed up in a mask & following around some girls. Thats it. A good, classic movie. (although now I can't watch it because I have seen it one too many times) lol

and the mask btw, is that of William Shatner! lol

Nevertheless I still agree you! But I really don't need such waaay too brutal movies! :D

I liked (for lack of a better word) the scene in "Misery" where that loony tune Kathy Bates breaks Paul Sheldon's feet. Horrifying!

However, in the book that scene was so much better as she cut his leg off and then cauterized his stump with a blowtorch, lol. Sick but good. Why couldn't they keep that scene the same in the movie?

:bugeyed cauterized his :censored: his jr.?? with a blowtorch!? No wonder they left it out of the movie- the guys would be like ... :no::no::no:

p.s. anyone remember: Tales from Crypt, Creepshow, Tales from Darkside & Cat's Eye??

All really good show / movies!! Very creepy and scary even today

Last edited:

The Omen
Carrie

Poltergeist
Halloween
Psycho
Rosemary's Baby

The Exorcist
The Birds
Misery
(book better, meaning more graphic, than the film)
Friday The 13th

:agree: We have the exact same taste! I own the bolded ones, haha. The Omen is my favorite and I friggin' love the book Misery.

I have to add...

What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
The Haunting
The Ring
Scream trilogy :blush:

I'm really not into horror films, but a few foreign films is fine with me like Ju-On (Japan) and Host (Korean) and Paranormal Activity. My little brother has collections of horror films.

scream & the ring? are you fuking kidding me? lol those both are so stupid & so funny more than anything. to each its own I suppose.

oh & who can forget 'Baby Jane' yes thats a good movie! . Bette Davis is one badass chick.

What do you guys think is the best film from the Nightmare On Elm Street series? i think its the 3rd one Dream Warriors

A brand new ones coming out in March or April but Robert Englund is not in it.

What do you guys think is the best film from the Nightmare On Elm Street series? i think its the 3rd one Dream Warriors

The very first one as it was completely new! :)
But yeah, part 3 was the best of all the other sequels!

Very curious bout the new remake but unfortunately without Robert Englund...! :(

scream & the ring? are you fuking kidding me? lol those both are so stupid & so funny more than anything. to each its own I suppose.

Um,...hence the blushing smiley... those are guilty pleasures. I was talking about ones I like, not ones I deemed the best of the genre. :p Those would be the bolded ones that I own. :yes:

Good choice. Freddy started using kid's weaknesses against 'em in the 3rd one. I'd say the first Nightmare. Freddy was darker, more mysterious (cuz it was the first one and no one knew who he was lol), and what we didn't see was just as scary/scarier as what we did see. Same could be said for the first Halloween. New Nightmare at a close 2nd. I still love 'em all though

Good choice. Freddy started using kid's weaknesses against 'em in the 3rd one. I'd say the first Nightmare. Freddy was darker, more mysterious (cuz it was the first one and no one knew who he was lol), and what we didn't see was just as scary/scarier as what we did see. Same could be said for the first Halloween. New Nightmare at a close 2nd. I still love 'em all though

You exactly expressed what I feel about Nightmare part one! :)
Totally agree! ;)

The remake is making me nervous I hate remakes and I love Freddie but if Robert was playing him it wouldn't be a remake. I think they should have just made another real movie or maybe a prequel

I love horror films and I don't get scared easily but I must admit that "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" freaked me out for months! It really scared the living crap outta me, plus it was a true story! I couldn't even go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without waking my husband up to go with me! :hysterical:

anybody else seen it?

What about the classic, PET CEMETERY? Remember that one scene where the kid slices the grandpa's Achilles?!? :eek:

Back