The Monkees

MJstarlight

Guests
I didnt see a fanthread so I figured I would start one. :D Im more of a Monkees fan than a Beatles fan. Anyone else here a fan?

[youtube]XfuBREMXxts[/youtube]

Today is Peter Torks 68th bday, happy bday peter!!

[youtube]UrS6rgIJwPY[/youtube]

I think a lot of the album tracks are better than their hits. One of my favorites is Tapioca Tundra. I have both seasons of the show on DVD. Michael Nesmith's mother Betty invented "Liquid Paper".

Here it is, although it's been speeded up for some reason by whoever uploaded it.
[youtube]KvM3SdjwfPU&fmt=18[/youtube]

^

I love that song!!!! :) Im also a big fan of the more rarer songs. They are real treasures

I also like The Door into Summer

[youtube]5BloxTCKwa4[/youtube]

^^^^There's a song on that album that I really like called Don't Call On Me.
[youtube]z7rPCspVlQs&fmt=18[/youtube]

Only a very casual fan myself, but my mum and my sister are big fans, so I'm familiar with a fair few of their songs :)

Here's a song originally performed by Run-DMC and then J.J. Fad used the riff on "Way Out". :p
[youtube]7528XZmfWlo&fmt=18[/youtube]

Mary Mary!!! I love that song. Gosharoonie Micky was so cute :wub:

I made youtube for Micky, you might want to check out and subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/mickydolenz4ever

Some of my videos

[youtube]rAhbaUbIDM8[/youtube]

[youtube]_iVM6WlEm4U[/youtube]

[youtube]-gR5_4n2bQo[/youtube]

Since you like Micky, here he is as a little boy.
[youtube]sxSLww4mw6w&fmt=18[/youtube]

btw I just got the sad news that Phyllis Nesmith passed away, :cry: she was Mike Nemsiths first wife. + she was a beautiful lady. RIP Phyllis

mike2.jpg

Finally my video is finished!!!!!

Happy 65th Birthday Micky Dolenz!!!!! :wub:

[youtube]hpW4eJyn2zY[/youtube]

I enjoy the Monkees, both their music and their tv series that was on when I was younger. I saw Micky Dolenz walking down the street one day in a town where I live and all I pictured was the group walking crisscrossing their legs like the scene in their tv show. :lol:

"Daydream Believer" is also my birth song from my birth chart. lol :p

^

Thank you for posting that :flowers: That is beautiful. Calm and Soothing, I love Nez's voice :)

Since you like Micky, here he is as a little boy.
[youtube]sxSLww4mw6w&fmt=18[/youtube]

I ordered circus boy and it came in the mail!! I watched like 3 episodes, cutest show ever. I think I am addicted to this series now! :lol:

Here is Micky with Julie Driscoll. This was from the Monkees special "33 1/3", which was the last thing Peter did the group until the 80's reunion. He quit right after it was filmed.
[youtube]2f9-UrDuWRY&fmt=18[/youtube]

I love the Monkees! I was such a big fan when I was growing up (and still am). I was about 8 years old when MTV started airing their show and I didn't realize at first that the show was actually from the 60s! I thought it was a new show, LOL. Anyway, love them very much. Thanks for starting a thread! Micky was always my favorite.

I have a greatest hits collection. Pleasant Valley Sunday is probably my favorite song of theirs.

I also like the Turtles.

These guys are too funny lol

[youtube]uOT-sFa46ww[/youtube]

This is from the Head movie.
[youtube]Co6T2tkCMzs&fmt=18[/youtube]

This song always makes me lol
:lol:

[youtube]ADEh4Ql0Xio[/youtube]

gotta love that Nez!

^

wow thank you! I havent seen that one! :)

omg Micky is so hilarious :lmao:

Back