Steve Perry! (Journey)

Daniel.San

Proud Member
It's only been a recent thing, but i've been listening to a lot of 70's and 80's bands and it didn't take me long to come across Journey.

It was in fact a time I was watching "We Are The World" when I wondered who the guy was at 2:26:
"Ohhh there's a choice we're making, we're saving our own lives"...
I had to look him up and haven't regretted the stuff i've dug up since.

It's always wonderful growing up in the 90's and then going back to listen to songs my parents listened to, or even hearing songs that have been re-made rather recently and finding out that they're covers of great songs.

Steve Perry, the lead singer of Journey has one of the best male voices i've ever heard. It's so powerful and it's a shame he's still not with the group.

If you're a fan, post here... but for those who don't really know the group, here are some classics!:

Faithfully
[YOUTUBE]d67mxvBsXug[/YOUTUBE]

Open Arms
[YOUTUBE]2lLmYLw0WRI[/YOUTUBE]

Oh Sherrie
[YOUTUBE]te1CVVlaJzA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I'm a big Journey and Steve Perry fan. I know it's really overplayed sometimes but Don't Stop Believing is my favourite song. I don't really listen to their new stuff much though. Since Steve left, I don't know, it feels as if they just lost something.

Any Way You Want It, is of course a classic. :D
[youtube]aqyIpwhXXrk[/youtube]

Send Her My Love's a great song too
[youtube]RUc62lnhhPU[/youtube]

Have you picked up there new greatest hits album? It really is their greatest lol. :D

There was a singer in Journey before Steve, but nobody remembers him, lol. I think Steve's vocal style is based on Sam Cooke.
[youtube]c73dss7Ilqg&fmt=18[/youtube]

By Matthew Wilkening April 9, 2017 Ultimate Classic Rock
GettyImages-665974800.jpg

Former Journey singer Steve Perry says he’s been recording his new, long-awaited solo album for about a year, and plans to release the “emotional” and “cathartic” record “later this year.”

In a brand-new interview with ABC Radio, Perry describes the new album as an “emotional expression” about the loss of a loved one. “I met someone and I fell in love with this person,” he explains. “And I lost this person to breast cancer four years ago. In the midst of that, I had written some songs, and before I met her I had sketched some. And so about a year ago, I started recording.”

Perry, who’s last full-length solo album was 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine, explains that “it’s been a real cathartic experience going back to that emotional place that I thought I would never go back to. And we really have been doing our very best to capture what I think are some timeless songs.”

The singer, who last toured with Journey in support of 1986’s Raised on Radio, briefly returned to the group to record and release 1996’s Trial by Fire, but apart from a handful of appearances with the Eels or at baseball games, has been largely absent from the public eye in recent decades.

He rejoined his former bandmates on stage this weekend to accept their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, delivering a rousing and somewhat David Lee Roth-esque acceptance speech. However, he did not perform with Journey, ceding that honor to the band’s current frontman, Arnel Pineda.

Back