Titanic Movie

*Little Suzie*

Proud Member
Let's talk about the movie Titanic and the real life of RMS Titanic :)
I saw it yesterday.. I already had seen it before but its the first time now that I really start to cry out ;
Its a true beautiful and sad story.. Can you imagne being in Titanic when it sanks? (real life)..
It still crazy for me to think about the Titanic is still under the sea.. and the people who are under the sea and not had found yet for like 98 years...

When this movie first came out I became a Titanic Buff. I knew how many passengers were on it, what lifeboats were loaded by #, what lifeboats were not loaded, who the captain was and the other 'captains' EJ Smith, Murdock..etc. I became such a historian when it came to the real thing & someday I would still like to go and dive under and see it. But I do have claustrophobia so I would be scared to be in such a dark and open place lol ; It would be scary anyway- like going to a open grave.

As far as the movie, well I have the script lol. I loved that movie when it came out. Now its so cheesey. I haven't seen it in years though. I still have my model Titanic ships & books etc lol.

ya its scary some of the surviors were not found ; Its crazy to think that out of some thousand # of passengers & only afew hundred were found / rescued. Maybe less than a hundred. I think the last survivor just passed away sometime in 09.

This is one of my favorite movies. I was so enthralled with it when I first saw it. It had everything - romance, adventure, disaster, tragedy, amazing special effects, beautiful soundtrack and score, beautiful and charismatic leading actors...everything! I usually don't care for movies generally because I find it tough to sit still for 2 hours straight but with this movie the 3 hours just flew by. I have seen it many times.

For my birthday the year it was released I had sort of a Titanic themed one where I got a coffee table book about the actual Titanic and a replica of the Heart of the Ocean necklace.

I can't imagine what it must have been like for the actual victims of this tragedy. I can't swim so watching this movie was really disturbing for me at times.

awww Titanic is my favorite movie of all time :wub:

They could not have picked a better actor or actress. What a dynamic duo Kate and Leo were! I just adore that movie. I try and watch it at least once a year. I love the music as well, so enchanting

F_200703_March24biza_28345a.jpg

I also attended the Titanic exhibition in 1998 and got to see real artifacts and a piece of the actual ship. It was a great experience.

Last edited:
I really love this movie! one of the most romantic and sad movies ever , I cry everytime I see it ...

A friend and I were so into the movie , that we started collecting with every article about not only the making off of movie , we also did a research about the Titatic itself :D I must have all that stuff somewhere , I should look for it!

What was your favourite part of the movie guys?

That is too funny...it was on TV tonight...i watched a little bit of it...I saw it 3 times in the theatre when it first came out...Still one of my favourite movies....a classic...

I went to a Titanic Exhibition and met Molly Brown's great grand-daughter

I love the boiler room scene and also the part they are dancing in the 3rd class. I love the part when the ship is sinking bc it gets so intense.

Have you guys ever seen the deleted scenes? There are 26 of them. Some are really good.

Heres a few:
[youtube]Ykxc-ihMwGQ[/youtube]

[youtube]13IbyKATgms[/youtube]

[youtube]0e3pz-xpXRY[/youtube]

[youtube]E5qdefMSoTw[/youtube]

[youtube]YYCcVfVuaQc[/youtube]

[youtube]GGQCeGVw1_A[/youtube]

[youtube]DKMfZkzMSQo[/youtube]

are the deleted scenes on the dvd???? Its awesome and kind of funny to see deleted scenes, never before seen footage, of a film that you have seen a million times & know all the words to.

I went to a Titanic Exhibiton here in VA and saw the tiny size model they used in the movie & we saw Kate's costume, the car they had sex in, (Kate btw is very tiny!!)

I've actually written to afew Titanic Historian Societies and they have replied back ; I remember once I told them, 'I know so much about the Titanic, maybe I can work for you someday' lol.

General but Unknown Titanic Trivia / Facts: From noon on Thursday April 11-Fri the 12th, noon, Titanic covered 464 sea miles on way to NY. From Fri-Sat it sailed 519 sea miles.
-In 1886 & 1892, writer W.T. Stead a casuality of Titanic, wrote 2 short stories about ships colliding with the loss of many lives due to a shortage of lifeboats. Stead was last seen in the First-Class smoking room reading alone.
- Total of 2 hours & 40 mins to sink
- 14 regular lifeboats could accomodate 65 ppl, 2 emergency lifeboats hold 40 & the collapsible ABC & D up to 47 passengers & crew ; One problem with that night, the crew was not trained to fill the lifeboats up. They just did not think to give anyone instruction on an emergency situation.
-128 of the 328 bodies recovered were never identified.
-Titanic carried 1100 pounds of fresh fish, 75,000 ibs fresh meat & 1500 bottles of wine.

I have way more!

Last edited:
I believe they are on the 10th anniversary edition dvd

heres a couple more

[youtube]xlfMskjb00k[/youtube]

[youtube]MZa6KADRPC0[/youtube]

[youtube]lsVgZMTf-pg[/youtube]

[youtube]JUn7dhvRu1E[/youtube]

[youtube]WiBz6VTE2Ro[/youtube]

Oh thanks for the deleted scenes, I haven't seen them!

I don't like Titanic the movie that much though, and I hate the theme song :p The real story is very fascinating though, and so tragic..

This movie is a classic, and makes me cry everytime.
It makes me cry, mainly because tragicly, this really happened, but also because it is so well made.
James Cameron is a legend and did an amazing job with this movie. Each time I watch it, I see something new to impress me. His list of achievments and contributions to the film industry is amazing.
Love this film, its timeless.
xxx

I have seen this movie countless times, and I still cry each time I watch it. LOL.

I know quite a bit about the actual Titanic as well...I used to be a buff myself. What's REALLY cool to me is that the Titanic/the site where it sank was discovered on the exact day and year I was born. Go figure. Sept. 1st, 1985. I always loved reading that.

Love this movie, saw it 3 times in the theater, I wish it would come out on Blu Ray soon.

i love this movie!!! its a classic! the soundtrack is awesome too .. my heart will go on .. omggg lol i miss the 90's when movie and music actually made sense..

I do not really cry at all. But this film really pushes me to the limit as far as trying to stop myself from crying goes haha

Everytime I watch it im close to tears.

During filming on set in Mexico, the cast & crew got sick with something & for the life of me i cant remember ; It wasn't like the flu- it was realy serious illness.

Bloopers:
When Rose is being taught how to spit, he has a clean chin but when he turns around to meet Rose's mother, but when he faces her the spit is there.
-Jack claims to have visited Lake Wissota for ice fishing- this lake was not around until 5 years after Titanic sunk.
-Santa Monica Pier, Jack claims to have visited, was not around until 1916.
- during Titanic's opening weekend, it made $28,63,000. In other words, we saw Leo's face 2,674 screened times
-Leo gets his hair colored @ Prive Salon in LA

Last edited:
Oh I love the Titanic. Such a lovely and sad movie. It is actually my dad's favorite movie. ha! It was on Superbowl Sunday and my mom and I watched it between commercials and half time and I started to really become interested in the history of the Titanic. I've seen this movie a million times but I never really thought that much about it and I started asking my mom questions she couldn't answer. lol. So I decided to do my research paper on it! I'm really excited. I already started researching and it's very tragic. :(

Mmm, Leo. :) hehe. Kate Winslet was gorgeous in this movie also.

Just a couple of blocks from my office building there is a huge sports facility called "Chelsea Piers" and that is where the Titanic was headed that fateful day...

Occasionally a menacing note intruded. The Titanic was scheduled to arrive at the Chelsea Piers on April 16, 1912, at the conclusion of her maiden voyage. Fate intervened, and the "unsinkable" ship struck an iceberg and sank on April 14, 1912. Of the 2200 passengers aboard, 675 were rescued by the Cunard liner Carpathia , which arrived at the Chelsea Piers on April 20th.

http://www.chelseapiers.com/prHistory.htm

In one of the first episodes of "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" the brothers (sans Jermaine, heh) attend a photo shoot in NYC...the studio where that shoot took place is located at Chelsea Piers.

I will never stop crying.. My favorite movie.

But it's more about the love story.. even it hasn't happen in real. It's more than I movie for me. I just can't explain it. Rose find a man that she love more than anybody so much, . And the last moment were she just let him fallen in to the sea, and then never seen him again.. it was over. 84 years after she still thinking of Jack when she looking at the sea and throw her diamond.. :cry:
Im so crazy about this movie

I love this movie. :heart: The special effects are amazing. :wild: I remember when the movie premiered, the theaters were crowded. :wild: I remember the day I went to watch, the theater was crowded and I saw sitting on the floor. :lol:

Wow, I did not know he had an exhibition, I could have seen it. Some deleted scenes are good, I think I'll be forced to buy the dvd. lol! :wild:

i don't like Titanic, but i like to watch it because it reminds me of my childhood :p :wub: (i know, this is strange lol)

i love this movie...when it came out on video...yes thats right video..lol.....I watched it every single day...for like months...I use to put it in at night until I was read to fall asleep...that was usually at the end of the first tape....I love that movie..

I've just started reading a book all about the history and facts of Titanic and I think the fact that Hollywood has more or less remade it and distorted it then reading a history book about what really happened makes you realise how tragic it was.

Oh wow "Titanic" was such a phenomenom. I saw it twice in theaters and that means I loved it!!! I cryed a lot.

It was the first time I fully agreed with the Oscars that year (1998)

It deserve to be at the top of the box office, but I do love "Avatar" too and it is a great innovating film, so James Cameron rocks with these two films.

Back