Extras (bonus stuff) - did you like it?

Remington Steele

Proud Member
OK, I'm almost entirely through the BD extras (except for the "Meet the vocalists" and "Meet the band" parts).

Now I must say, on one hand I often thought "why the h... did they show Michael for one-two seconds only in each segment he appears"? It seems to be a rule he's not allowed to be shown longer. Even a new ten seconds clip with him would have been a relief.
It makes you wonder, why did they do that? Almost lets you think of that theory again they want to cover up the whole truth about what happened again...
On the other hand, I must say the extras are put together very nicely and it's great to hear all the people tell their experience with Michael. Also visually, they did a very good job

What do you think?

BTW I have one question: There was this tube video in which you can see Michael tell his vision about that lightman opening. This isn't in the extras, right? Can anyone please give me a link to the best youtube video there is of it?

When I watched the extras I just said "that's it?". There really wasn't anything "extra" as far as MJ was concerned which was disappointing. Then you get to "Dirty Diana" and say "here we go!" and...they play the record. I would have been more interested in watching him and Travis dance in front of the mirror for an hour than what they actually gave us.

Then I thought about how Michael always gave credit to everyone. And they stated in the film that he often said "its about us, not just me". It all comes together because of everyone. So with that thought, I'm glad that they spotlighted everyone involved with the show. I usually don't like saying what I think Michael would have "wanted" but I think I can make an exception here.

The film itself, I was satisfied with and felt that it was done really well. The I didn't really care for.

I was thinking the same thing, why didn't they show us another rehearsal? it left me with more questions. Has kenny been asked how many hours of footage they have of Michael actually performing.

I agree, there's too little footage of Michael. I thought there would be more...

lol ur right about the short clips..the best part was the mirror dancing. I'm glad they had the people talking becuase it was important...but why not show more MJ? After all, thats why we were attending the shows! and it would be amazing to see a full hour of Mj and Travis coming up with moves and dancing in the mirror

The mirror part was so REAL.

lol ur right about the short clips..the best part was the mirror dancing. I'm glad they had the people talking becuase it was important...but why not show more MJ? After all, thats why we were attending the shows! and it would be amazing to see a full hour of Mj and Travis coming up with moves and dancing in the mirror

The mirror part was so REAL.

What part of the dvd was this on?

I was a bit disappointed that the extra footage was very MJ lite, but i did find the majority of extras and interviews really interesting.

I did notice that a few of the interviews were recorded before he died though :(

The mirror part must be on the Bluray right? :sigh: I want to see that so bad.

But, I liked the bonus stuff. I like the Michael memories part. I liked it all actually.

The mirror part must be on the Bluray right? :sigh: I want to see that so bad.

But, I liked the bonus stuff. I like the Michael memories part. I liked it all actually.

it's posted in this section if you want to look. I think in the "drill question" thread.

it's posted in this section if you want to look. I think in the "drill question" thread.

Thanks, this is very annoying, i thought my extra disc special edition dvd would have had this, so special edition means some parts left out.

The only things I really liked was Michael dancing to 2Bad, and the MJ Air sequence got me really excited! Every other time Michael was in "new" footage, it was dubbed with people talking and cut very rappidly... On the whole, I really wasn't impressed...

I thought the Memories of Michael part was very touching. But I always catch myself wanting to tell the people who talk about "the Michael the fans don't know, the caring, kind, funny person etc" that WE KNOW! That's the Michael we remember too, even if we never got to meet him ourselves! But it sometimes frustrates me that the people who were close to Michael don't quite realise the power Michael had to project his love and his character traits.

I thought the Memories of Michael part was very touching. But I always catch myself wanting to tell the people who talk about "the Michael the fans don't know, the caring, kind, funny person etc" that WE KNOW! That's the Michael we remember too, even if we never got to meet him ourselves! But it sometimes frustrates me that the people who were close to Michael don't quite realise the power Michael had to project his love and his character traits.

And some of these people saying that don't even know him well themselves bar a few days of rehearsals.

I had fun watching the extras, but EVERYONE was expecting the rehearsals that didn't make it onto the doc

if u accept the fact that there's no extra mj its really good. As Australia was the last country to receive the dvd i was well prepared by other people's comments that i shouldn't look forward to seeing more mj. so i didn't get my hopes up and i wasn't disappointed.

I think most of us were originally expecting a bit more Michael.. :(
I haven't watched all the extras yet, but the ones that I have were quite interesting. I think Staging the Return, Memories of Michael and The Dancing Machine were the best extras so far :)
Can't help wondering though, are we ever gonna see more of what was going on? More Michael?

I predict we'll get a TII Special Edition DVD in five years time with a longer directors cut and:

Full Dangerous performance
Alternative IJCLY and TDCAU performance
Full Dirty Diana performance

I certainly wanted more and more Michael to be on the DVD. I didn't buy it to see either the dancers or anyone else involved. I want to see Michael and I'm very disappointed on the extras! For me there are no extras but a bad choice of material without Michael in most of it!

My favorite parts in the Extras...

1-Dancing Machine featurette
2-Michael singing "dont stop till you get enough" in that falsetto voice
3-Meet the Dancers/Band

apart from that i was sick of hearing Kenny talk LOL

I thought there was too much waffle and not enough new footage.

The vast majority is just footage from the film with people talking over the top of it, which isn't interesting or informative. We know that songs like Stranger In Moscow and Dangerous were performed, so why are they giving us this crap instead of those performances?

Even if they don't want to show us those songs, how about some of the performances from the film, uncut? So the whole grey suit Human Nature performance, or the whole silver jacket WBSS performance. Why couldn't they give us something like that?

The only new footage of MJ, apart from about 50 cumulative seconds of him dancing in the mirror and 15 seconds of DSTYGE, is just him wandering around chatting to people.

Very annoyed with the quality of extras.

I liked the part where they spoke about MJ's entrance and exit, it started to hit home that we've missed out something very, very special.

we need more footage of MJ from every era imo :)

I found it quite frustrating to be honest. Any footage they showed of Mike had commentary running over it. On the "Meet the Dancers" segment one of the dancers talks about the group receiving notes from Michael, with a visual clip of them all standing in a group with Michael giving them notes, but we don't get to hear those notes.

More Michael, less talk!

When they promoted the film they made it seem like we would get tons of extra rehearsal footage and more MJ. I enjoyed the extras, but would rather have more MJ.

Obviously I wanted a lot more MJ, it got very annoying when the extra MJ clips we had had a commentary over them, but I still liked them. Very interesting and some beautiful stories were told in the Memories featurette which has me blubbing every time I see it.

Back