Janelle Monae

I like Call The Law on the Idlewild soundtrack. It's kinda funny.

i like the grace jones, james brown beat poet element to her. now she just needs a upgrade in songs and she could be really onto something. she is cool and with a knockout song or two she could hit big.

I LOVE her.She is so awesome.I just discovered her a week ago.

I just saw her Tightrope video and I loved it!! I thought the video and the song had an Outkast feeling to it then I saw Big Boi! Loved the James Brown esque type of dancing. She can definitely move. The way she moves her legs are crazy!!

The Audition
The Chase

check out these two albums. You all will really enjoy them

Still got to dig a bit deeper into her work to make up my mind on her. I've only heard the Tightrope song so far and it was just a few weeks ago. But I felt, early on, she is def. a quirky artist who wouldn't let her cute face rule her career. Now I'll figure out whether that's her real self or just a disguise to sell. I'm hoping that the former is the case, of course.

Heres the track listing to her album on which hits stores on may 18th on bad boy/atlantic records, Lettin go is one of my fav tracks...so MJ DSTLYGE

1. Suite II Overture
2. Dance Or Die f. Saul Williams
3. Faster
4. Locked Inside
5. Sir Greendown
6. Cold War
7. Tightrope f. Big Boi
8. Neon Gumbo
9. Oh, Maker
10. Come Alive (The War of The Roses)
11. Mushrooms & Roses
12. Suite III Overture
13. Neon Valley Street
14. Make The Bus f. Of Montreal
15. Wondaland
16. 57821 f. Deep Cotton
17. Say You’ll Go

20100419-MONAE.jpg

^^^I don't see her stuff getting mainstream popularity.
You're right:D Not the kind of female artist whose playground is the core mainstream and that's not something to feel sad about as long as she can do her thing and make a living out of it.

I can't wait long enough for her new album, I love Janelle Monae. Beautiful girl with a uniqueness about her, and makes her stand out above everyone else. Love her moves too, her front moonwalk is epic. :D

The ArchAndriod is out!! and it's freakin AMAZING!!! This is album is gonna be a game changer. a St. Peppers Lonely Heart Club Band, a Thriller, a Nevermind. This gonna change the music industry!! AMAZING!!!

BUY IT! for your own sake.

I listened to the first 4 tracks last night....Dance or Die and Faster are Killers

I have officially become a Janelle Monae STAN..her album is one of the greatest albums of ALL TIME!!!!

What's a stan? I don't get into slang, so don't know what it means.

I saw her performance of Tightrope on Letterman and I was blown away! I heard the buzz about her and I can't believe I slept her this long. lol I will definitely be getting The ArchAndroid. :D

I keep hearing her name mentioned, so I'm gonna check her out. So far she sounds very good. (Better than the stuff that is mainstream right now imo)

^^^ Yea she is I didnt even know about her myself until like a couple months back. Shes good and she is a good dancer.

^^She is not great, she is AMAZING!! This woman is probably the most talented female artist of this generation..yeah I said it..She made a BRILLIANT album and she is a HELL of a performer..I can't say that about anyone else..she HAS to be a star!!

Her album is AMAZING!!! There is something really special with this women. It's almost scary. She got the IT. She reminds me of Michael, but not in the way Usher or Justin Timberlake do. She's not like Michael but she's different. It's the way she talks what she says that reminds of Michael. How she said songs started coming to her in her sleep. In dreams. How she keeps a recorder (i-phone recorder. Sign of the times huh?) next to her at all-times. Cause the songs just come out of no where to her... To me that's something really special when people start saying that.

The ArchAndriod is on the greatest albums of our generation. (imo)

Her album is AMAZING!!! There is something really special with this women. It's almost scary. She got the IT. She reminds me of Michael, but not in the way Usher or Justin Timberlake do. She's not like Michael but she's different. It's the way she talks what she says that reminds of Michael. How she said songs started coming to her in her sleep. In dreams. How she keeps a recorder (i-phone recorder. Sign of the times huh?) next to her at all-times. Cause the songs just come out of no where to her... To me that's something really special when people start saying that.

The ArchAndriod is on the greatest albums of our generation. (imo)

I thought I was the only one who saw similarities to MJ..by the way MJ is Janelle's favorite singer..she said this on twitter..I think this is cool..my favorite female artist loves MJ!! The ArchAndroid REALLY is the greatest album of this generation!!

Here is what she replied to on twitter!
GTblue Is it just me...or does @JanelleMonae sometimes kind of sound like a young Michael Jackson? (Jackson 5 days) loving her CD!!! about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone Retweeted by 1 person

Janelle Monae @GTblue :D my favorite singer.

Back