will Justin Bieber be bigger than Usher?

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
the kid is getting alot of push and hype also racially speaking how much of his look will keep him at or surpassing usher?

musically speaking he might be a younger bryan adams type mixed with hanson. i don't feel the dancing routines, but the kid got a chance if the powers that be invest.

well i think he's got a long way to go to reach usher's amount of success but in popularity wise i think the public is making a bigger teen idol than chris brown
and he's a good singer but need to improve on his live performances

Can't stabd Justin Biebers Music its soo bad its almost like listening to Alan Carr trying to Sing its just horrible

Justin Beiber to me is like Aaron Carter. AC was popular until he was 16 or 17. Then his voice started changing and the girls found someone else to obsess over. JB is like 16? He still has a very high voice and looks extremely young. Who is to say what he will sound like when he is older. Another example - Billy Gilman was pretty popular when he was a boy he had a lovely singing voice. He's still very talented but a lot of people UNFORTUNATELY don't want you to change they want you to stay and sound young forever..

Aw, good on him I say. I hope he carries on being as successful as he is now. It'd be pretty cruel for things to change that drastically for him, it's like people never learn about bringing kids into the spotlight. It hardly ever leads to something good in the long run. I hope he has the right people surrounding him.

For the record though, if Michael Jackson was replacing Usher in the thread title it would sooooo be closed! :lmao: Joking. (kind of) :p

Who is Justin Beiber? Man I must be getting old.

The world is obsessed with this kid! I had no clue of his music until recently. Still I've only heard one song. I just watched his video and he does a little moonwalk in it. :lol:

Horrible music. Just horrible. I want to kick him in the foot with my face.

^ You're kicking with your face on his foot lol :D :D

But seriously, I do think he got some musical talent, cause he can play piano, drums and gitar and does have some ability to entertain with his singing (ask teenage girls). I have heard that he has written songs but he didn't (co-)wrote most of the songs on his album, so maybe he couldn't help that you guys don't like his first album that much. :)

But to go on topic, I have no clue if he will get bigger than Usher. We must see. But some kids can make it big, look at Michael!

Last edited:
I don't think he can surpass him cause Usher is the better singer. Justin's singing is just average at the moment. Maybe he will improve his skills but I don't think that he can be as successfull as now as an adult without his teenage fans unless he makes music which addresses more people than just teenage girls.

But actually I don't really care cause they both can't reach MJ:p

Justin Beiber to me is like Aaron Carter. AC was popular until he was 16 or 17. Then his voice started changing and the girls found someone else to obsess over. JB is like 16? He still has a very high voice and looks extremely young. Who is to say what he will sound like when he is older. Another example - Billy Gilman was pretty popular when he was a boy he had a lovely singing voice. He's still very talented but a lot of people UNFORTUNATELY don't want you to change they want you to stay and sound young forever..

And therein lies the problem, for "some" artist who get in the game at an early age.

Especially when your fan base is basically young girls.

The artist voice usually changes and then those young girls grow up and the majority of them will paint their nails BLACK, start wearing ALL Black and beginning searching for the new Kurt Cobain. LOL! Leaving poor Justin Beiber in the dust, and unless his people have plans on changing him into the new Kurt Cobain, he "may" have a problem with longevity, in my opinion.

I just went and listend to one of his songs

home-alone1243399120.png

I agree...It'll be interesting to see how he handles growing up and his voice changing in the public eye and if he'll still even be famous next year. We all know how fickle young girls can be, the Jonas Bros. were the biggest thing last year now i barely hear anything about them (most of their fans seem to have converted to beiberism :lol:)

No No, Usher has talent. Talent that showed from quite a young age. I dont see much talent in Justin Bieber.

I actually feel sorry for him. With labels like the "biggest pop star in the world" currently being applied to him, the media is putting a spotlight on him that invites a lot of detractors as well as expectations. I fear that the media is going to knock him down just as quickly as they've elevated him.

I do think he is talented, but don't feel he's a Usher level talent. But if he keeps working hard and survives the next few transitional years, he might reach Usher's level and have substantial longevity. Only time will tell. I wish him the best. But I see some MAJOR emotional bumps for him in the road.

I don't understand where people come from when they ask this question or even suggest that this kid has talent. I mean, I'm not a person who "hates" on artists, but this kid sounds extremely horse whenever he sings live. It sounds as if he's going through puberty ala Peter Brady. The kid can barely get through his new single, let alone his first hit. Watching him perform for 60 - 90 minutes would be a train wreck, I'd imagine. His fan base, obviously, doesn't seem to notice this or even care - but my ears certainly do. At least guy like Nsync and a younger Usher sounded good at Bieber's age.

In my opinion...he is only a kid...he has many years to prove who he will be bigger than..maybe someday he will be bigger than Usher ,,who knows.....However he will NEVER be bigger than Michael..:love::blush:

I actually feel sorry for him. With labels like the "biggest pop star in the world" currently being applied to him, the media is putting a spotlight on him that invites a lot of detractors as well as expectations. I fear that the media is going to knock him down just as quickly as they've elevated him.

I do think he is talented, but don't feel he's a Usher level talent. But if he keeps working hard and survives the next few transitional years, he might reach Usher's level and have substantial longevity. Only time will tell. I wish him the best. But I see some MAJOR emotional bumps for him in the road.

I agree with you. I already see a lot of hate for him, and for what? He's just a kid. I hope the backlash isn't as nasty as it seems it could be.

In my honest opinion, I think that Justin Bieber is just another teen fad just like the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Jesse Mccartney, etc. He'll be around for a little bit, a few months to a year, then by the next year there will be another cute teen heartthrob singing sugary pop songs before they even reached puberty.

Justin may be talented but I wouldn't know. I've hardly even heard the boy sing, dance, perform, etc. I've only heard 1 of his songs maybe two or three time tops and saw him perform during the KCA's when I watched it with my younger neighbors. I thought he was a terrible live singer. He's average, nothing special.

I don't think he'll be too "big" next year. He's just another hyped up star. Last year at this time the Jonas Brothers were in his place. That's all I ever heard about from my peers and younger kids. Now their names are hardly remembered. The same will happen to Justin, I'm predicting (one can only hope).
He's nothing to me. Personally, I can't stand the kid. About 90% of the freshman at my school all have his face taped on the inside AND outside of their lockers. But there is this one freshman who has Michael's face taped on her locker, so at least one of them knows good music.

i don't know how people define 'big'. we have learned, from Michael, that getting media support doesn't necessarily make you big, or, the lack thereof, makes you small. so...whoever sells the most music, is the bigger artist, whether we hear about it, or not. so, no matter what, in the end, the music must stand on its own merit. and i can't tell, in the case of these two artists, because, for me, i'm not a big fan of either of their music.

Back