TII Rehearsal Dates??? List them here.

Frankyboy5

Proud Member
I've been wondering what day songs were rehearsed.

So far I have come up with this:

Unknown Rehearsal #1 SUNGLASSES WITH RED TROUSERS, LIGHT BLUE SHIRT INSIDE - WBSS, Speechless, Human Nature, Smooth Criminal, TWYMMF.

Unknown Rehearsal #2 BLUE SHIRT WITH SILVER PATTERNING - Billie Jean, MITM. However, Kenny Ortega tells everyone to "have a good Sunday." So it could have been on the 21st, but that's Father's day, so maybe the 20th... Black or White was mentioned to have been done a soundcheck.

Unknown Rehearsal #3 RED SHIRT with funny shoulders jacket - Human Nature, IJCSLY, Thriller, Beat It (without silver jacket).

Unknown Rehearsal #4 SPARKLY GOLDEN PANTS and Fedora: WBSS (break), Human Nature, Jackson 5 Medley, Ending of I'll Be There (saying brothers' names), and Smooth Criminal.

Unknown Rehearsal #5 Golden Rainbow Shirt - I'll Be There, IJCSLY, Will You Be There (briefly shown on bonus; audio heard)

June 22 - Only Dancers Rehearsal

June 23 RED SHIRT 777 - WBSS, TDCAU, JAM, Human Nature, Smooth Criminal (Wears original SC uniform over top of red shirt), TWYMMF (end with Blue Jacket) J5 Medley, Shake Your Body, Beat It (scenes with the Silver Jacket), BoW. These are identifiable by the red shirt with 777 on the side and Orianthi's wearing the sparkling boots, and some camera angles are in SD.

June 24 - Dangerous, Earth Song and Thriller - Also has SD scenes.

Does anyone know the unknown dates, I only know they're the same rehearsal dates.

Last edited:
You can add Thriller to unknown rehearsal #3 ALso there is footage of the 22nd June at the Staples Centre but thats just the Dancers/Band, no MJ

Oo thanks for the info.
I wish they would have show the dates in the film or something.

June 24th - Dangerous
Oh yes thanks, it's in the Billie Jean trailer.

I was only thinking about June 23 because the photos with the silver shirt.

Does anybody know the exact dates of the other performances though?

People contribute different days to different clothes but thats wrong. Michael would put a shirt or jacket over the top of another shirt. But it was still the same day. So the day MJ did TDCAU was the same day he did TWYMMF.

You can also tell what days are the same day as Michael has a scruff mark on his black trousers.

June 22, 23rd and 24th were all the days Michael was filmed @ Staples. What Birchey said is wrong!

you can add smooth criminal to tyhe June 23rd and we havent said the date with the black patterned shirt - TWYMMF, Smooth Criminal were the 2 i know were rehearsed

also on the gold pants rehearsal date, he did WBSS, Jam, TDCAU, Human Nature, Smooth Criminal, TWYMMF, J5 Medley :)

People contribute different days to different clothes but thats wrong. Michael would put a shirt or jacket over the top of another shirt. But it was still the same day. So the day MJ did TDCAU was the same day he did TWYMMF.

You can also tell what days are the same day as Michael has a scruff mark on his black trousers.

June 22, 23rd and 24th were all the days Michael was filmed @ Staples. What Birchey said is wrong!

But we know there were rehearsals since the 18th... Some of it may have been at The Forum...

Obviously he did TDCAU the same day as TWYMMF LOL he's wearing the red shirt!

On the 24th he wore like long loose pants...

AND during the Blue Shirt Speech, Kenny said "have a beautiful Sunday."

And obviously, for Beat It, during one part, it cuts to the backup singers, but while Daryl Phinnessee is wearing red (as with Billie Jean), Dorian Holley is wearing a hat and pinkish shirt LOL But Dorian Holley often wears white... :p

There's also another unknown rehearsal, where he does Smooth Criminal, and Drill on greenscreen.

anybody knows when YANA, HTW and WATW were rehearsed?

It may seem like HTW was rehearsed but it's sounds like playback that has been downpitched. It could simply be a remix with live band instrumental.

WATW was never rehearsed with MJ right?

It may seem like HTW was rehearsed but it's sounds like playback that has been downpitched. It could simply be a remix with live band instrumental.

It was rehearsed as I remeber: somebody even put an amateur audio recording on the forum

I've been wondering what day songs were rehearsed.

So far I have come up with this:

Unknown Rehearsal #1 SUNGLASSES WITH RED TROUSERS, LIGHT BLUE SHIRT INSIDE - WBSS, Speechless, Human Nature, Smooth Criminal, TWYMMF.

Unknown Rehearsal #2 BLUE SHIRT WITH SILVER PATTERNING - Billie Jean, MITM. However, Kenny Ortega tells everyone to "have a good Sunday." So it could have been on the 21st, but that's Father's day, so maybe the 20th... Black or White was mentioned to have been done a soundcheck.

Unknown Rehearsal #3 RED SHIRT with funny shoulders jacket - Human Nature, IJCSLY, Thriller, Beat It (without silver jacket).

Unknown Rehearsal #4 SPARKLY GOLDEN PANTS and Fedora: WBSS (break), Human Nature, Jackson 5 Medley, Ending of I'll Be There (saying brothers' names), and Smooth Criminal.

Unknown Rehearsal #5 Golden Rainbow Shirt - I'll Be There, IJCSLY, Will You Be There (briefly shown on bonus; audio heard)

June 22 - Only Dancers Rehearsal

June 23 RED SHIRT 777 - WBSS, TDCAU, JAM, Human Nature, Smooth Criminal (Wears original SC uniform over top of red shirt), TWYMMF (end with Blue Jacket) J5 Medley, Shake Your Body, Beat It (scenes with the Silver Jacket), BoW. These are identifiable by the red shirt with 777 on the side and Orianthi's wearing the sparkling boots, and some camera angles are in SD.

June 24 - Dangerous, Earth Song and Thriller - Also has SD scenes.

Does anyone know the unknown dates, I only know they're the same rehearsal dates.

This is (in my opinion) the order in which the rehearsals took place:

-The earliest rehearsal at The Forum which was shown is most likely the one where Michael is wearing the black shirt with the silver patterning (identical to the one he wore at the O2 press conference on March 5th 2009 and at Culver Studios on June 4th.)
You can see that this is an early rehearsal because they didn't even start building the big LED screen in the back and because ''The Way You Make Me Feel'' was rehearsed with Tyne Stecklein (the blonde girl) instead of Mekia Cox.

-The next one would be the one where Michael is wearing the ''funny shoulders jacket'' and the red shirt.
Again, the LED screen was not built yet and according to Judith Hill that performance of 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' was the very first time they performed it together.

-Then comes the rehearsal where MJ is wearing the blue jacket with silver patterning.
At this point, the team had started work on the LED screen but it wasn't fully ready yet. The performance of 'Billie Jean' from this day is (again according to Judith Hill) the first time Michael ever rehearsed it in front of them. Another thing that indicates that this is an early rehearsal is that Michael holds a little speech at the end and tells the band and the dancers to ''give their all''.
At the end Kenny Ortega wishes everybody a ''happy Sunday'' - This means that this rehearsal took place on a Saturday or on a Sunday.
The only dates on which it could have taken place are June 6th, June 7th, June 13th or June 14th.
My guess is that the date is probably June 7th.

-The fourth rehearsal is the one where Michael is wearing the sparkly gold pants.
This time, the LED screen is ready.
However, Michael has to tell the band how to play the 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'' intro and 'The Way You Make Me Feel' was (again) rehearsed with Tyne Stecklein. These are all indications that this rehearsal took place in the first two weeks of June 2009.

-Then, the infamous orange pants rehearsal.
Band is on point. LED screen is ready. Mekia Cox is the TWYMMF girl..... definitely a later rehearsal at The Forum.

-The last rehearsal at The Forum which was shown in the movie is the rainbow jacket rehearsal.
The rainbow jacket is the jacket that Michael was supposed to wear in IJSCLY during the actual show.
Also, when he explains to Orianthi how to play her solo, he is wearing the 'Black Or White' shirt that he would have also worn in the show if he didn't like the jacket Zaldy made for him.
To me, the fact that MJ is wearing the final outfits is an indication that this is a later rehearsal.

-June 23rd

-June 24th

If anybody knows the exact dates on which some of the rehearsals at The Forum took place, please let me know. Also, tell me if I missed any rehearsals.

Last edited:
@dethorro

Which rehearsal is this one? (TDCAU)

7f6ae826-0001-0004-0000-000000027277-w1400-r1-5037593984962405-fpx61-79-fpy55.jpg

@dethorro

Which rehearsal is this one? (TDCAU)

7f6ae826-0001-0004-0000-000000027277-w1400-r1-5037593984962405-fpx61-79-fpy55.jpg

That's June 23rd.
Pretty much all of the footage from TII in which MJ isn't wearing sunglasses is June 23rd apart from 'Earth Song' and 'Thriller (which are from June 24th).
You can see that on those 2 days at the Staples Center, they finally used the LED screen and also tested the 3D short films which were done at Culver Studios from June 1st to June 11th.
On June 23rd though, there was a small portion in the screen that wasn't working (where the door was going to be) however, by June 24th they had fixed it and the screen was finally completely ready.

dethorro;4280976 said:
This is (in my opinion) the order in which the rehearsals took place:

-The earliest rehearsal at The Forum which was shown is most likely the one where Michael is wearing the black shirt with the silver patterning (identical to the one he wore at the O2 press conference on March 5th 2009 and at Culver Studios on June 4th.)
You can see that this is an early rehearsal because they didn't even start building the big LED screen in the back and because ''The Way You Make Me Feel'' was rehearsed with Tyne Stecklein (the blonde girl) instead of Mekia Cox.

-The next one would be the one where Michael is wearing the ''funny shoulders jacket'' and the red shirt.
Again, the LED screen was not built yet and according to Judith Hill that performance of 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' was the very first time they performed it together.

-Then comes the rehearsal where MJ is wearing the blue jacket with silver patterning.
At this point, the team had started work on the LED screen but it wasn't fully ready yet. The performance of 'Billie Jean' from this day is (again according to Judith Hill) the first time Michael ever rehearsed it in front of them. Another thing that indicates that this is an early rehearsal is that Michael holds a little speech at the end and tells the band and the dancers to ''give their all''.
At the end Kenny Ortega wishes everybody a ''happy Sunday'' - This means that this rehearsal took place on a Saturday or on a Sunday.
The only dates on which it could have taken place are June 6th, June 7th, June 13th or June 14th.
My guess is that the date is probably June 7th.

-The fourth rehearsal is the one where Michael is wearing the sparkly gold pants.
This time, the LED screen is ready.
However, Michael has to tell the band how to play the 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'' intro and 'The Way You Make Me Feel' was (again) rehearsed with Tyne Stecklein. These are all indications that this rehearsal took place in the first two weeks of June 2009.

-Then, the infamous orange pants rehearsal.
Band is on point. LED screen is ready. Mekia Cox is the TWYMMF girl..... definitely a later rehearsal at The Forum.

-The last rehearsal at The Forum which was shown in the movie is the rainbow jacket rehearsal.
The rainbow jacket is the jacket that Michael was supposed to wear in IJSCLY during the actual show.
Also, when he explains to Orianthi how to play her solo, he is wearing the 'Black Or White' shirt that he would have also worn in the show if he didn't like the jacket Zaldy made for him.
To me, the fact that MJ is wearing the final outfits is an indication that this is a later rehearsal.

-June 23rd

-June 24th

If anybody knows the exact dates on which some of the rehearsals at The Forum took place, please let me know. Also, tell me if I missed any rehearsals.

Michael Jackson did not rehearse at all on June 13th, 2009.

As confirmed also by Travis Payne's e-mails that were presented during the Dr. Conrad Murray’s trial in 2011, on that day there was a planned rehearsal for Michael Jackson but he took a doctor’s ordered sick day.

That cancellation of his planned rehearsals was something that greatly alarmed the ‘This Is It’ team, in particular Kenny Ortega.

The ‘Billie Jean’ rehearsal with the blue jacket with silver patterning (in the ‘This Is It’ film) took place at the Forum on June 6th, 2009.

Also, on June 19th, there was another planned rehearsal day for Michael Jackson that eventually was cancelled because he collapsed while stepping onto the stage.

They helped him to stand up on his two feet and they put him on a chair to just watch the backup dancers’ rehearsals, but after some time he was feeling so unwell that he left for home.

Also, according to reliable accounts, Michael Jackson rehearsed very little during the first two weeks of June (his very few rehearsals took place only at Culver Studios and at The Forum).

The biggest part of the ‘This Is It’ footage in general comes from the last two days (23-24 June) when he rehearsed extensively and nearly fifteen songs in these two days (but not the ‘Dirty Diana’ song which was planned to be rehearsed for the day that he died).

He rehearsed extensively in these two last days because they increased the dosages of drugs that they gave him which in turn began to have a far more stimulant effect on his on-stage moves and dancing.

mj_frenzy;4281050 said:
Michael Jackson did not rehearse at all on June 13th, 2009.

As confirmed also by Travis Payne's e-mails that were presented during the Dr. Conrad Murray’s trial in 2011, on that day there was a planned rehearsal for Michael Jackson but he took a doctor’s ordered sick day.

That cancellation of his planned rehearsals was something that greatly alarmed the ‘This Is It’ team, in particular Kenny Ortega.

The ‘Billie Jean’ rehearsal with the blue jacket with silver patterning (in the ‘This Is It’ film) took place at the Forum on June 6th, 2009.

Also, on June 19th, there was another planned rehearsal day for Michael Jackson that eventually was cancelled because he collapsed while stepping onto the stage.

They helped him to stand up on his two feet and they put him on a chair to just watch the backup dancers’ rehearsals, but after some time he was feeling so unwell that he left for home.

Also, according to reliable accounts, Michael Jackson rehearsed very little during the first two weeks of June (his very few rehearsals took place only at Culver Studios and at The Forum).

The biggest part of the ‘This Is It’ footage in general comes from the last two days (23-24 June) when he rehearsed extensively and nearly fifteen songs in these two days (but not the ‘Dirty Diana’ song which was planned to be rehearsed for the day that he died).

He rehearsed extensively in these two last days because they increased the dosages of drugs that they gave him which in turn began to have a far more stimulant effect on his on-stage moves and dancing.

Alright, so that rehearsal is June 6th....thanks for the info!

The reason why TII film does not show dates is because it is not all within the dates advertised. There is a large amount of footage that was from The Forum, where Michael rehearsed many songs that did not make TII. You Are Not Alone, Dangerous, Will You Be There, Dirty Diana, Stranger In Moscow, Heal The World etc.

What was live and playback is up for debate... The timelines we see online are not fully accurate. He was at rehearsal for several hours a night, and for the ambiguous 'what happened on June 18th' - did he or did he not go to rehearsal... He did! 100%

The reason why TII film does not show dates is because it is not all within the dates advertised. There is a large amount of footage that was from The Forum, where Michael rehearsed many songs that did not make TII. You Are Not Alone, Dangerous, Will You Be There, Dirty Diana, Stranger In Moscow, Heal The World etc.

What was live and playback is up for debate... The timelines we see online are not fully accurate. He was at rehearsal for several hours a night, and for the ambiguous 'what happened on June 18th' - did he or did he not go to rehearsal... He did! 100%

Yeah...all of these songs were rehearsed at The Forum for sure. They were even rehearsed by the band as early as late May at Center Staging (I don't think Michael rehearsed with them at this point, although he was there to ''guide'' them).
I don't understand what you mean by ''What happened on June 18th''. I guess you meant June 19th
There wasn't any debate on whether he attended rehearsals on that day, actually. He left early because he wasn't feeling well.
Kenny had to give him a blanket because he had chills and he watched the rehearsals for the rest of the evening.
(Btw the photos where Michael is wearing some of the outfits made by Zaldy are from June 19th.)

^ There has been constant debate about if MJ went to rehersal after being read the riot act or not. In court they first said he did not show, than it evolved to showed up late. At times is still spoken about like he did not go!

Considering it was his last days, it's important to have the details precise..

Back