had glee made Madonna cool again?

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
hype over that show and lets be real madonna be kinda quiet lately so the hype of glee seems to have done some magic whatcha think?

I don't really watch TV except for Ugly Betty and that's been cancelled and Desperate Housewives, so never heard of this show.

Well, they made Journey popular again! Its a great show but Madonna doesn't need a TV show to make her relevant again. The Glee cast have said in interviews that they really want to do Michael songs which would be interesting!

omg my classmate rachael looney is auditioning for the show and she made it the final and sending them her audtion tape

I agree with Sophie; Madonna has her following and is consistently popular. She didn't need the show to make her more popular, but it's great that more artists are becoming recognised by a completely different generation through the show. Kudos! :p

There are lots of articles already that talk about how Glee increases the sales for the songs on the show.

For one, older songs are being heard by a younger audience (in case of Madonna), or the R&B/rap songs in other episodes are being heard for the first time by others. Two, people familiar with the songs probably just get nostalgia so they buy it again. I doubt Madonna will surge to top of the charts, if that's what you're asking, but those songs and some of her albums will probably sell more the next couple of weeks than they have in a while.

I watched Glee for the first time last night just because of the Madonna theme. It was fun but I don't think I will watch on a regular basis. Can't wait for them to do a Michael show. Then I will watch again.

I'm sure the show helped to introduce Madonna's music to a whole new generation. But Madonna's always cool.

Well, they made Journey popular again! Its a great show but Madonna doesn't need a TV show to make her relevant again. The Glee cast have said in interviews that they really want to do Michael songs which would be interesting!

I agree with Sophie; Madonna has her following and is consistently popular. She didn't need the show to make her more popular, but it's great that more artists are becoming recognised by a completely different generation through the show. Kudos! :p

I don't even like Madonna, but I agree with these posts. I don't think Madonna needs Glee to make her 'cool', she always has that.

Of course there will likely be an effect on sales - just like on X Factor when people sang covers of certain songs.. the originals would be in the charts the next week - like Journey.

I'm not into Madonna, but I respect her.. and has she ever been not cool?
She did a better job than Mike on that point.. Madonna has always been cool and up to date and reinventing herself and respected. Not Mike, unfortunately (don,t hate me, this is jus reality, not for us the fans, but for 'the rest of the world')

I love Glee! its such a fun show and who doesnt love a good musical now and then? The Madonna episode was great! Im not a huge fan of Madonna eather but i do really like all her old stuff from the 80's and 90's and the song she did with Justin Timberlake.i liked how they had extras dressed at Madonna from her old music videos. I love Glee and I think it would be AMAZING if they did a Michael episode! I think he would have been so honored and i think He would have loved Glee very much!

Back