michael jackson this is it sequel uncertain

Either we'll never see it, or it'll most likely be locked away in a vault for later years and included in another Greatest Hits collection CD/DVD as an extra.

Sony/This Is It Sequel?!?

The film of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour rehearsals, released last October after the singer's death, cemented a record box office year for giant Sony.

The movie alone accounted for over $250 million worldwide, while Sony Pictures Entertainment raked in nearly $3.4 billion overall by early December.

The totals did not include DVD sales, which have soared in recent months, and raised the likelihood of some kind of follow up.

But film Director Kenny Ortega and Sony CEO Howard Stringer said Friday they aren't certain of a sequel.

[Kenny Ortega, Director, "This Is It"]:
"I don't believe so. I think that Michael's music will live on for eternity and his films, and short films. I think there are many more ways to celebrate the legacy of Michael Jackson. But I think 'This is it' really was the story about a particular time, a period of time and a process. So I think we've probably seen the movie."

[Sir Howard Stringer, Sony CEO]:
"3D, maybe."

The movie of Jackson's concert rehearsals, filmed before his death last June, has also seen sales of 5 million soundtracks.

Jackson sold 23 million albums in 2009, while early DVD sales of the film have also broken records for a music film.

Sony Music has signed a $250 million, 10-album deal with Jackson's estate through 2017, and the first new music is expected in November.

The entertainment conglomerate hopes its film and music divisions can help return it to the black, after Sony suffered a group loss of nearly $2.2 billion last year.

And a video: http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns_arts/2010-04-23/062453625615.html

Re: Sony/This Is It Sequel?!?

The film of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour rehearsals, released last October after the singer's death, cemented a record box office year for giant Sony.

The movie alone accounted for over $250 million worldwide, while Sony Pictures Entertainment raked in nearly $3.4 billion overall by early December.

The totals did not include DVD sales, which have soared in recent months, and raised the likelihood of some kind of follow up.

But film Director Kenny Ortega and Sony CEO Howard Stringer said Friday they aren't certain of a sequel.

[Kenny Ortega, Director, "This Is It"]:
"I don't believe so. I think that Michael's music will live on for eternity and his films, and short films. I think there are many more ways to celebrate the legacy of Michael Jackson. But I think 'This is it' really was the story about a particular time, a period of time and a process. So I think we've probably seen the movie."

[Sir Howard Stringer, Sony CEO]:
"3D, maybe."

The movie of Jackson's concert rehearsals, filmed before his death last June, has also seen sales of 5 million soundtracks.

Jackson sold 23 million albums in 2009, while early DVD sales of the film have also broken records for a music film.

Sony Music has signed a $250 million, 10-album deal with Jackson's estate through 2017, and the first new music is expected in November.

The entertainment conglomerate hopes its film and music divisions can help return it to the black, after Sony suffered a group loss of nearly $2.2 billion last year.

And a video: http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns_arts/2010-04-23/062453625615.html

The answer bolded

I don't think so either but i expect to see some sort of special extended edition soon

3D? that would be pointless

honestly, I don't know if it would be a good idea. one is good enough for me.

I think there won't be a TII sequel but I do think we will get a dvd / blu ray of unreleased TII footage. This will probably be part of the 10 projects sony and the estate have agreed on.

I would like to see the 3D material.

And SiM, YANA, Heal the World, Dangerous and WaTW would be great.

I wanna see it ALL !!

I would like to see ALL the footage that they have shot...just because I want to see how many times Michael showed up for rehearsals and how he looked at those rehearsals...I think that the rest of the footage could provide some detailed evidence...This is my opinion.

We have seen a movie how a master works with the concerts and it was great.
You can say it´s a making of this is it movie.
I would like a movie with rehearsals from the last week when he got IT and you should see the whole song from one rehearsal.
How did Michael behave in IJCSLY? How did he do Billie Jean?
I would like to see other songs that were rehearsed too, but I don´t want to see all rehearsals.
Michael hadn´t been performing for a long time and it takes time before you get it right, with the dance, the lyrics, the feeling.

I agree with the others, I really want all the footage of him rehearsing or even just talking/discussing things? I wanna know that we've seen it all...

I agree with the others, I really want all the footage of him rehearsing or even just talking/discussing things? I wanna know that we've seen it all...
yeah agree. its all we have left and for those with the power to with hold that from us is selfish imo.im sure it will be released in the future though as its all about the $ in the end

I wonder if there are songs that were rehearsed but are not on the blu-ray.

For example:
Stranger in Moscow
Dangerous

If MJ rehearsed those songs, they need to release it some day, cause that's what fans want to see, recent stuff.

I wonder if there are songs that were rehearsed but are not on the blu-ray.

For example:
Stranger in Moscow
Dangerous

If MJ rehearsed those songs, they need to release it some day, cause that's what fans want to see, recent stuff.

These songs are confirmed to have been rehearsed.

ALSO Heal the World. Dirty Diana should have been rehearesed as a fast go through. Not with bed trick or anything.

Some even say YANA was rehearsed.

We never know If we get the footage.. But I would be happy if they released it. WHY ALWAYS GOOD PEOPLE DIE

I think an alternative version could be released in a few years. We've seen photos of him performing IJCSLY with Judith in front of that amazing backdrop. We've seen photos of him performing Dangerous.

I'm sure there is more than enough footage to put together an alternative version in a few years time and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was what eventually happened.

Back