anyone else not watched TII on dvd yet?

elusive moonwalker

Guests
cant bare to even though i miss him so much and watching it will make me feel close to him again. but its so upsetting and i kinda feel that if i dont watch the xtras there will always be something new for me to watch like a form of denial cause its new and that means hes still here-_-

i have not watched yet...i have the DVD though, but did not open just looked at the cards from in it...
i guess one day i will see the bluRay as well...but i am not sure when :(
I just saw a movie starting on TV from Columbia Pictures..and that music just made me cry :(

Aaaw Agnes - Hugs. I did the same the other night just seeing the Columbia Pictures thing on the TV.

I've seen the movie a million times. It's great.

You really should see it. It helps you move on. He was so happy, so strong, so in control.

I saw it in the cinema three times and I bought the dvd the first day it was out, but I haven't watched the dvd yet. I look at it sometimes and think I should watch it but for some reason I don't.

Aaaw Agnes - Hugs. I did the same the other night just seeing the Columbia Pictures thing on the TV.

aww thx, hugs back! :) that music is just "terrible" no?:(

You really should see it. It helps you move on. He was so happy, so strong, so in control.

it makes me just worse...to me he does not seem happy in it..and strong :( and at the end we know what happened...

I feel the same way Elusive, although I bought the DVD and BluRay months ago I didn't bare to watch them yet. Although I had watched TII 6 times in the cinema I'm not able to watch it on dvd it just hurts too much and makes me believe he is still here.

It's weird because when I saw TII at the cinema I didn't get upset. I felt like it was a celebration of his art and his craftmanship.

Yet when I saw the special features and the movie itself on DVD for the first time it was a totally different experience and I found it really upsetting.

But in a way I WANTED to feel that. It made me feel as if I was dealing with it as opposed to blocking it out.

Haven't seen it since November. It was wonderful but I can't really bear watching or hearing MJ material anymore, so I'll buy TII when I'm ready to see it again. It might take a few more months/years but I'll get around.

I saw it once at the cinema. I bought the DVD, but I haven't even opened it yet. I try to convince myself that I don't watch it, because I can never have the house for myself, there's always family around. But the truth is, I need some more time. Sadly, I have all the time in the world ahead of me and nothing new will happen around Michael. So, why rush... :(

My son got it for me for my birthday. It took me almost a month to finally watch it, and I did it in sections until I eventually watched the entire thing in one sitting.

Although there were times when what I was watching did hurt, it helped in the long run. Can't explain why, maybe because it was an absolute re-confirmation to me of his enormous vision and talent, even though it really wasn't needed on my part, but knowing others might and would see the complete professional and master of his domain that he was.

To be honest, in having dealt with death of loved ones and most of my immediate family, as well as patients I've cared for, it helped me to realize the necessity of coming to finality, as hard as it. Doesn't mean it's easy or that I'm closing the book on someone, but as a means of self preservation when reality cannot be avoided.

In the end, everyone copes/comes to terms with/learns personal survival techniques and has to utilize them on an individual basis.

My heart goes out to everyone, Michael's children, his close friends and family, and those amongst us intensely struggling through this loss. Perhaps some will never be able to view the TII dvd. Some will. Respect to all.

I saw it in cinema 4 times but it took about a month after I bought it before I watched it.
I don´t watch the dancers in the beginning.
They might do another DVD from this is it one day and we can see new pictures, but we don´t have Michael here on this earth anymore.

I watched it in the theaters one time and then I bought the DVD the day it was released. I opened the DVD, but haven't watched it ever since. My neighbor keeps badgering me about it though, he's like "why don't you watch it? It's just gonna sit there." I really don't know why I can't bring myself to pop it in a DVD player. I mean I see little clips of it on youtube and in fan made tribute videos...but I just can't watch the whole movie at once....Something's preventing me from doing it. It's the same with Michael's Private Home videos, I still haven't watched those yet...
I think it's the fear that there'll be nothing to look forward to after I'm done watching those things. Once they're watched they aren't "new" anymore....and you just don't feel the same feeling of discovery anymore...=/

I cant bear it :cry:

I only seen it one time in theater. I have the dvd, never even opened it.

I was originally not going to see the movie in the theatre, and then decided to go at the last minute. I got the DVD in January and watched it twice (jumping around to different scenes, avoiding the ones from June 24th and MITM). Ever since then, I have kept it put away.

Watching TII to me was a much different experience from watching other performances of his. I needed total quiet and isolation around me. It's a more personal experience and I wanted privacy for it. I got a little weird after seeing it the last time, so I figured that I would wait until the time was right to see it again.

I watched it ten times at the movies and got depressed and joyful as well, but mostly upset about how incredible he was on stage and that TII never got to happen.
Once I got the dvd, I haven't watched it more than once and it surprises me because it's an incredible film but the truth is I get really emotional watching it. Hopefully I'll get stronger in time and dare to watch it again and be able to enjoy it.
Hugs to you all, I know how tough it is for you still after all this time.

I saw it twice in theaters, but I never watched it on DVD, even though I have it.

I've seen it in theater 8 times, but watched my dvd only once, can't explain why. Maybe cause I won,t help break any record watching it at home, or maybe it just became too difficult.

ive seen it at the cinema but not the dvd. i cantcall it great cause its so upsetting to watch seeing him happy and control hardly makes it better it makes what happened worse.ive sat there looking at the dvd thinking shall i sharnt i. but i know how depressed i got after seeing it at the cinema. i sae it once a week for the run of the film as i felt really bad for the first few days after seeing it but by a week later i was missing him and wanted to see it again. the only reason i want to see it now is cause im missing him so much but then i know how bad ill feel afterwards. i kinda scared to watch it

thanks for everyones replies. glad others feel the same

Watched it at the movies. I have the blu ray and watched the full movie & extras once.

Twice, I have tried watching it again, but I always stop the blu ray just before Man in the Mirror.

When I saw it at the cinema on premier day (twice back to back alone) I brought a full package of kleenex with me because I thought I would cry, but I didn't, I felt sad at times but for the most time I was just totally focused on every detail (from Michael, I hardly noticed the others) and I didn't want to leave the theatre, I felt close to him when I watched it. The day after however was so hard, I cried the whole day and couldn't get out of bed. Two weeks later I saw it with my mom for the third time. But now, I can't watch the dvd, I just keep putting it off. I think I'm scared to fall back to how it was the first four months, not that it's much easier now, but I'm at least able to function when I have to. And like Elusive said, maybe we just need to have something left that is "new". After I've seen the extras there won't be anything. Ooh, I don't know.

No. but I just seen the DVD at some kind of porgam that I go too now... & let me tell you it was so good, but the end looks so sad :( I mean I was feelin A little depressed at the end forgive me... :cry: when he sing 'man.in.the.marrior' oh yes!

cant bare to even though i miss him so much and watching it will make me feel close to him again. but its so upsetting and i kinda feel that if i dont watch the xtras there will always be something new for me to watch like a form of denial cause its new and that means hes still here-_-

Exactly the same here!

I saw TII once in the cinema. Thankfully it was a Friday night because I spent the rest of the weekend in my bed, grieving. It hit me like a rock. I was totally incapacitated.

I know I am not ready to watch the DVD because I still cannot listen to Michael's music without feeling as though I am bleeding inside. *Sigh*

What I will probably do is watch it on 25 June (since I am going to be bawling that day).

Back