1st aniversary Vigils in Australia

RainbowAngel

Proud Member
I'm attending the Melbourne Federation Square vigil, and I maybe attending the St Kilda Beach one before Fed Square (dont know if I will be able to make St. Kilda seeing as I live a bit too far away from there.)

I like the idea of meeting at Fed Square because when the Memorial was broadcast live and fans were watching at Federation Square last year. I didnt get to attend because I had to work the next day. I really wanted to go, but unfortunately the broadcast was at 3:30 in the morning and I would have had to go to Fed Square in my buisiness clothing and then wait till 7 to catch the train to work LOL.

I think it's a bit silly to have the vigil at 9pm tho! Mybe I will email the organiser about this.
Getting there earlier would be better because we would all be there before it gets really cold and dark and it would give others more time to get there if it were done earlier.

I also worked out that in order for us to remember MJ at the proper time (the time the official announcement was made, 2:26pm Los Angeles time), Melbourne fans would have to remember Michael at exactly 7:26 am on Saturday morning. Calculated this using the world clock time zone converter.

I Live to far away to go to Fed Square... Well 2 hrs out of Melb. I'm just gonna have my own MJ day here.

Well, here's some news for Melb Fans!

I contacted the organiser of the Federation Square Vigil asking if the time could be set earlier and he actually changed it (from 9am to 8pm).

Personally, I think that it would be better if we had it earlier, but whatever, as long as we all honour and remember MJ!

It's going to be a sad event, altho I think Michael would love to know that he is still thought of and loved, thats the most important thing :)

come on Melbourne fans!!!! show ur LOVE!!!
Where the hel are you all??! lol

Oh No!!

Bad news Melbourne fans!!!
The Federation Square Vigil has been canceled due to "lack of demand"!

I guess the only other one to attend for Melbourne fans is the St Kilda Beach vigil.

I think I may just turn up at Fed Square by myself and see what happens.
I'm willing to do it for MJ, people have to know that his fans still love him.

BUMP!!!

As far as I know, the St Kilda Beach world cry event will still go ahead.

And also...for those of you who will be home at night on the 26th (not the 25th, because of the time diff with the U.S.),
they are showing MOONWALKER on the GO! channel!!
And they are showing THE WIZ on ABC2!!
how cool is that!?

Would love to go to these events, but not able to

Back