Guy I like

twinklEE

Proud Member
There is a guy at college who I kinda have a crush on he's like 10 years older but looks as if he's in his mid 20 not late 20s. Anyways, he's kinda cute and I think I've developed a crush on him the problem is that, I'm not much of a talker when i have a crush on someone I usually act stupid and end up making a fool of myself like for example instead of greeting him first i wait to be greeted, which might give the impression of me being a stuck up or whatever, but it's just that I don 't have the guts to say hello first. Another major issue for me is that I'm kinda shy like and not very outspoken so I'm not good in having small talks especially not with people who I have a crush on. He's my tutor and recently sat next to me I didn't even have the guts to talk to him much. And I think he noticed me staring at him at some point lol
Another big thing for me is the fact, that he's hella good looking whereas I'm rather average or tbh ugly. I'm not much of a looker nor do I have any charisma or charm.
I wanna talk to him as he won't be at college much longer, he's in his last semester and about to leave college.
I please need some kind of advice on this issue please :(

you should be confident in yourself. you shouldn't consider yourself average (and don't even get me started about your "tbh ugly" comment). That's not the way to think about yourself!!!! *hugs you* Every person is unique and beautiful. YOU are unique and beautiful! He should feel lucky and honored that you noticed him! So stop thinking that way. You are a very interesting person! Now, go talk to him! :)

I can understand what you mean. I am not very talkative around people I do not know very well. And if I like you, at least at first, you will have to do most of the talking because I don't have a mouth muzzle so i prefer to go slow with how much information I let out. Besides, I tend to observe more at the beginning.

Anyway, I know not speaking much and letting your personality come out is kind of your comfort zone, but you really have to step out of your comfort zone sometimes. Really push yourself to try to speak. Even if at the begging you ask moer general questions. Ask him about his classes, what he would like to do, etc. (but don't sound like you a looking for his resume or life history). Maybe even before hand, think of some things you could talk to him about so that if you find yourself sinking, you'll have something to remember. Not rehearsing what you'll say, but just thinking of general things to bring up.

Maybe...?

You remind me so much of myself! :D I'm also shy and bad at small talk and usually I wait someone else to start conversation so, I can totally imagine how you feel :bugeyed And I'm probably not the best person to give advise because I wouldn't know how to act myself if I was in that situation lol.
But anyway, like ginvid said, just ask some random questions first that suits the situation and continue with that.. you have nothing to lose :) (even if you embarrass yourself the guy will leave the school soon so he won't see you again, right? :lol:) Good luck! :hug:

i have the same problem i have feelings for a guy whos actually an mj impersonator /songwriter just recently we been talking more he knows i fell for him but i dont think he knows how much and i just cant say anything cuz were friends and i help promote his album so everytime i see him around on facebook or we chat my feelings for him get worse and one of these days im just gonna say the words

Last edited:
Hi hun. I'm very much like you, I'm so shy and even more when it comes to talk with the guy I like. I think the best someone can do is be natural, don't pretend to be someone else and act differently. You should feel confident about yourself and transmit that to the guy. Try and find out something he really likes and ask him about that to start of your conversation. I hope it goes well :D :flowers:

Hi hun. I'm very much like you, I'm so shy and even more when it comes to talk with the guy I like. I think the best someone can do is be natural, don't pretend to be someone else and act differently. You should feel confident about yourself and transmit that to the guy. Try and find out something he really likes and ask him about that to start of your conversation. I hope it goes well :D :flowers:

ill try that idea but i actually just approached him on facebook chat for the first time the other morning

Last edited:
gonna see him perform next year in LA
cant wait to be honest
im also his promotor for his album so
that kinda makes things a little more awkward for me

Good luck to you. I hope everything turns out well. :)

Thank u guys for ur nice words and advices. I guess I have to start talking to him if I want to get to know him better *sigh*
It's just extremely hard for me to go and talk to a person, due to my nature. I like him so much but he hardly notices me I'm afraid :(

Last edited:
To TwinklEE and Missy -- I know it's common advice, but just be yourself, and if the guy happens to not see your radiance and fabulous-ness, it's his loss!

I know what it's like to feel that way and I was very shy about boys when I was younger. Eventually I came out of my shell and married a guy who I'd had a huge year-long crush on. We're celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary tomorrow! :) So it can work out, I promise!

You remind me so much of myself! :D I'm also shy and bad at small talk and usually I wait someone else to start conversation so, I can totally imagine how you feel :bugeyed And I'm probably not the best person to give advise because I wouldn't know how to act myself if I was in that situation lol.
But anyway, like ginvid said, just ask some random questions first that suits the situation and continue with that.. you have nothing to lose :) (even if you embarrass yourself the guy will leave the school soon so he won't see you again, right? :lol:) Good luck! :hug:
well he's going to grade my research paper it will be kinda embarassing imo.
I don't even know what to ask him :no:. I'm not good at stuff like this I just don't know how to start a conversation and on top of it all I only see him twice a week :(

^^ Are you two allowed to potentially date if you were to like each other, with him grading you? You may want to find that out to make sure neither of you get in trouble. But I still wish you the best!

I'm a guy, and I would go with the majority of people and just be yourself, if nothing happens... his lose :flowers:
Some of us guys are kind of stubborn about breaking the ice :lol:

Last edited:
People here gave you very nice answers, answers you would want to read. But i see this a bit different…

…If you have a crush on one person you don't really know….that most of times…em, doesn't lead to any good, because you already fall in love with someones ideal image.
The best thing to get over this is to simply take courage and speek to him -it doesn't even matter what you said, it matters how you said it/don't rehearse it-be natural, like ginvid said), even if you then figure out it's completely different person you were looking for, you would at least slowly stop fantasizing about him :p.
It's a win-win situation.
We actually know what kind of girls we want and if you just approach us... most of confident people would get the hint.

^^ Are you two allowed to potentially date if you were to like each other, with him grading you? You may want to find that out to make sure neither of you get in trouble. But I still wish you the best!
Well, I don't think there is problem with dating (I don't even think it will go that far ) as he's a student too although my senior. Heck, I don't even know if he's got a girlfriend or not :doh:

@Jan.
I read the answers:mello:

Well, I don't think there is problem with dating (I don't even think it will go that far ) as he's a student too although my senior. Heck, I don't even know if he's got a girlfriend or not :doh:

@Jan.
I read the answers:mello:
Is he on facebook? You could try to find out that there.. ;) Try to get your confidence together, like I said you got nothing to lose! Good luck again and I'll be sending positive vibes to you :clover: :)

Is he on facebook? You could try to find out that there.. ;) Try to get your confidence together, like I said you got nothing to lose! Good luck again and I'll be sending positive vibes to you :clover: :)
Thanks but I looked for him already on Facebook, he doesn't seem to be on Facebook.. at least I couldn't find him there. He's got Skype though, but I'm too shy talk to add him or send him a message :blush:

Last edited:
Will you keep us updated if something happens? :)

Sometimes it's annoying to be so shy, isn't it, I'm like that too.. do you have anything to ask him recarding school? Anything that you could start the conversation with, do you know anything about him?

Will you keep us updated if something happens? :)

Sometimes it's annoying to be so shy, isn't it, I'm like that too.. do you have anything to ask him recarding school? Anything that you could start the conversation with, do you know anything about him?
I will for sure ;) lol
I'll probably see him on Thursday again... it really is hella annoying to be shy.. wish i had confidence like some other girls i know lol
Well I do have something to ask him about the research paper but it's a rather dumb question so I'm not sure if I should ask him or not, as anyone would be able to answer the question ya know :doh::ph34r:

Thanks but I looked for him already on Facebook, he doesn't seem to be on Facebook.. at least I couldn't find him there. He's got Skype though, but I'm too shy talk to add him or send him a message :blush:

u r so sweet and cute .i am just gonna say sometimes guys also comes under category of shy,so just talk to him .do u see him library ,if u see him go there sit with him ,sometime conversation start there too ,u never know :blink: .

^^ I really don't know what that was about -- sarcasm? Not sure. But don't let it get you down. I think by definition no MJ fan could be plain or boring!! :D

^^ I really don't know what that was about -- sarcasm? Not sure. But don't let it get you down. I think by definition no MJ fan could be plain or boring!! :D

I'll clarify. Be realistic. If you look like Precious then don't expect to land a Denzel or you'll be always disappointed.

You kept focusing on your negatives which are a turn off and bad self-esteem. I urged you to focus on what you got going for you like intelligence.

I'll clarify. Be realistic. If you look like Precious then don't expect to land a Denzel or you'll be always disappointed.

You kept focusing on your negatives which are a turn off and bad self-esteem. I urged you to focus on what you got going for you like intelligence.
I don't think it's possible to be that overweight for people outside of America.

Back