Obscure or strange album covers by well-known artists?

In a mad mad world where the good god is a woman a
My first thread here and it's gonna be an interesting one or at least I think it is. Which albums by well-known artists are your favourite album covers and why?

3629751021103610529200937.jpg

Alice Cooper - DaDa (1983)
Alice doesn't even remember recording DaDa in 1983 (even the record company was shocked he recorded something in his state of mind at the time) but the reason for it is because the album cover is a drawing of a head.

7285-otaku-apocalipshit-albums-guns-n-roses-567-imagen-the-spaghetti-incident-7204.jpg

Guns N Roses - The Spaghetti Incident? (1993)
It's fascinating because it's spaghetti - well, not really but I've never seen food on a cover like that. The really interesting thing and what I've wondered since I got the album was what do the letters and numbers on the bottom-centre of the cover mean.

album-Aerosmith-Just-Push-Play.jpg

Aerosmith - Just Push Play (2001)
Not exactly obscure considering it had three videos (I think) and a whole tour plus a couple of well-known songs but a hard rock band (debatable since Permanent Vacation) used a pink cover with a gynoid on it and thought it looked cool. Imagine it on vinyl... ;)

Alrighty, so what's yours?

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
i'm not able to copy the images but Michael Jackson's Dangerous album cover and Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy album cover, are similar, and strange to me, except for the images of the artists on the covers. i really like both covers.

moz-screenshot-4.png

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
i'm not able to copy the images but Michael Jackson's Dangerous album cover and Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy album cover, are similar, and strange to me, except for the images of the artists on the covers. i really like both covers.

moz-screenshot-4.png

Fix your post.

I've always thought this album cover was kinda strange.

5472.gif

Queen - News Of The World.

Led Zeppelin ~ Houses Of The Holy
I have no idea what this is supposed to be about.

tumblr_o04zdusTBA1rw606ko1_540.jpg

093624576020.320.jpg

This was the original cover before people complained about it and was changed. It looks like one of those weird cartoons from the Heavy Metal comic book.
tumblr_o04za8cQuw1rw606ko1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Back