What's The Dumbest Thing You've Fallen For?

Karice

Proud Member
Have you ever fallen for things that in hindsight Common Sense would have told you not to fall for it?

I have fallen for a dumb ass thing before. My younger sister who was 12 at the time went on an ADULT chat room(she was supposed to be on the KIDS chat room. I think she hacked the parental controls are something to let her account be on the "adult" chat rooms.

She was chatting with someone on the chat room, and she gave the friend her cellphone number. She let me talk to the friend, who my sister told me was a 13 year old girl. The 13 year old girl had an extremely deep voice. i actually belived that the friend was really a 13 year old gir, because my 12 year old sister had a deep ass voice herself for a 12 year old girl. turns out, the "friend" was a 28 year old adult man, and my sister told him that she was a 27 year old adult woman. Needless to say, my Mom was pissed at my sister for her scam and me for my naivety.

whew...i'm glad u got out of that one....that could have been truly dangerous.

i fell for someone saying they would pay me back some money i lent them.

I thought animals covered in oil from oil spills could be saved. Why? because of a Dawn commercial. I felt stupid and deceived when I found they couldn't.

The dumbest things I've done are always connected with my impossibility to say no to children and other people.There are times when my neighbours leave me their kids and I'm ruining my whole day trying to make this child happpy, than I cook for him.... At the end of the day I'm so pissed of at myself!

My mom told me that the reason why you close curtains at night is to prevent crazy people from looking in. I believed this for years.

My mom told me that the reason why you close curtains at night is to prevent crazy people from looking in. I believed this for years.

I still close mine for that reason. :fear: :lol:

My dad told me he had been a soldier for a king in england in the 17th century.
And when they asked me at school what my dad did for living i told this to the whole schoolclass *damn*

i really believed it and was so angry with the other kids who laughed about it.
It took a little while that i found out I was the one being fooled, lol

Well, the same sister of mine pulled one over me again almost two years ago, and I was ashamed to have fallen for her trick again. In late 2008, my runaway prone sister was on a pass from a facility that keeps troubled youth. She got a pass to go home for a weekend for good behavior. My Mom went to work on that Saturday, and my two sisters were at home.

The troubled sister was going to go back to the facility on Monday, so I saw nothing wrong with her packing her clothes late Saturday night. I asked her if she wanted to me to read "The Ex-Thug" to her. She said okay, but she would let me read it to her in a few minutes, because she was going to the kitchen to get something to eat. I was in my room, waiting for her to come back, when I realized she was in the kitchen for around 10 minutes. I got extremely suspicious, and went to look for her. I went to my other sister's room, and I heard laughing, so I said to myself, "Oh, my two sisters are probably watching T.V together."

I went back to my room. In about 20 more minutes, my Dad came home saying that my sister was missing, and demanded from me and my other sister where she was. We both said, "We thought she was with you!"(to each other). Never a good sign when each person thinks the missing person was with the other person. Turns out, she was with neither of us, and we searched the whole house, and outside looking for her. Her luggage was gone too.:doh:

Dad drove around looking for her, with no such luck. I reasonably and logically assumed that Dad called Mom, because Mom called me and asked me if we found her yet. We said, "No."

Mom was distressed, but REFUSED to pick up my sister's belongings from the facility, because she(sister) was supposed to go back to the facility on Monday. She said that there was no reason she should be wasting time and gas to get belongings for a disrespectful child(the facility was over 2 hours away, over 4 hours for coming and going). My sister was supposed to take her belongings home when she was permenanetly released from the facilty.

You see, my sisiter is actually very clever and smart. She KNEW her time at the facility was almost up, as she would be released from the facility in Novemember, and it was October. She figured that she would run away on the pass and not come back for the final month. She was found in December, a month past the release month, so technically, she couldn't go back to them..... She had it figured out.......

I couldn't believe I actually believed that she was coming back to listen to my story. :doh: I couldn't belive I fell for her trick in 2006, and fell for her trick again in 2008. :doh:

i was told that when the ice cream van plays music then it means they're out of ice cream :)

When I was little, my then sixty-something-year-old grandmother would tell me she was actually 93.

That's odd as hell. Your Grandma made herself "older" instead of "younger?" :blink: most older people make themselves "younger" instead of 'younger... :blink:

have no a feel while the birdshow fall into panic because of my poemwriting(they think the poem did reveal their secrets).
however they make a mess, tumbled themselves again and again before me all because of the poem... i just really have no a feel.

I have an older sister that used to try and fool me and my younger sister when we were little (we were about 5 or 6, I guess). She sure had fun at our expense. One thing she did was tell us that if we practiced ballet real hard we could get on the "Amateur Hour" (an old TV talent show in the late 60's). Of course, my baby sister and I believed her. We practiced so hard (and not even "real" ballet - just what we thought was ballet). Well, that never happened. :smilerolleyes:

Another thing our older sister did was make believe she had a friend living in a trap door in her closet. She would even "talk" to this friend...and we believed it. :smilerolleyes:

Another time this live band was playing across from our apartment for some reason (can't remember why) and she told us it was The Beatles. Yeaaaah right.

Another time she said she spit in our chocolate milk and my naive little sister and I both ran crying to Mom that we didn't want to drink it. Very funny sis! :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
My brother tends to make me feel dumb every single time I bring up the subject of Global Warming. He thinks I am so stupid for fallen for something like that. When I feel there is such a thing as Global Warming. And he is just so stupid for not wanting to see that. He always tends to think that he is right and everyone else is wrong. I already gotten in to another huge fight with him this past Saturday about Global Warming. When the channel we were watching went to commercial break. And the one commercial brought up how the Polar Bears are dying from Global Warming. And my brother said they are not dying. When that pretty much anger me when he said that. That is when our huge fight had started about Global Warming. I really just don't understand my brother of where he is getting this stupid information from. This is one of the reasons why me and my brother never had and never will get along.

That's odd as hell. Your Grandma made herself "older" instead of "younger?" :blink: most older people make themselves "younger" instead of 'younger... :blink:

She was just messing with me because I would ask how old she was. Of course now, she divides her age, so she's actually in her early 40's.

Back