First Look at Naomi Watts as Marilyn Monroe

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Last week, it was reported that two rival Marilyn Monroe projects are in the works. One will be directed by Andrew Dominik and star Naomi Watts as Marilyn. It's an adaptation of Joyce Carol Oates' imaginary Marilyn Monroe memoir that will start shooting in January 2011. Allocine got a hold of this first promo shot of Watts as Marilyn at the Cannes Film Festival.
19449487.jpg

She doesn't really look like her. but maybe her acting will be so on point that you will forget this? Maybe?

mmm, not much of a Marilyn, true, but hey - there was only ever one Marilyn, so what did we expect? it's like all these movies about Elvis, where the actors that play him look nothing like. you just gotta use a bit of imagination with biographical movies like that, I think.
I like Naomi, she's a good actress and she'll do well as Marilyn, I'm sure.

Angela Bassett doesn't look like Tina Turner, Rosa Parks, Betty Shabazz, or Katherine Jackson, but she does a pretty good job of portraying people. There's an actress on the soap opera General Hospital that has a vague resemblance to Marilyn though.
maxie.jpg

Angela Bassett doesn't look like Tina Turner, Rosa Parks, Betty Shabazz, or Katherine Jackson, but she does a pretty good job of portraying people. There's an actress on the soap opera General Hospital that has a vague resemblance to Marilyn though.
maxie.jpg

Angela Bassett was AWESOME as Tina, but she looked nothing like her. But it's understandable, I mean - you have to find someone that's a good enough actor, wants to play the role AND looks alike? Could be difficult.

No offence, this chick is pretty, but imo not more Marilyn look-alike than Naomi.

Actually Naomi Watts reminded me of Marilyn as I watched her in "King Kong". I think she will probably do a decent job, at least.

I never got the commotion about Marilyn Monroe (born Norma Jeane Mortenson/ baptized Norma Jeane Baker).

This was Naomi Watts in King Kong. I see a lot of Marilyn (at least in this particular photo). She's a good actress too so I think it's a good choice. But we'll see:

Watts05.jpg

Back