A Very Serious Topic!

Karice

Proud Member
I was reading a Cosmopolitian Magazine (The one with Carmen Electra on the cover), and they had an article on how not to get raped.

These were the tips.(Actually, they were more like common sense.)

1. Never allow a guy to give you more drinks then you want to drink. A guy is more likely to rape you if you are drunk.

2. Never act gullible or naive. Don't hang on to his every word.

3.Never go somewhere alone with a guy you barely know. Never go to his apartment or his car. He is 10 times more likely to rape you in a private place then in a crowded, public place.

4. Don't act like a follower. A PR is more likely to attack women who seem to base their decisions on what everyone else is doing and wants, then making up her own mind.

5. Always bring a friend with you to parties, bars, and clubs. A lesbian friend should do the trick(Because a lesbian friend will not be interested in the "potential rapist" and can keep an eye out for you because she is not getting "groomed" by the PR).

6.Do give off a "Back the F" off of me", buddy attitude. A woman who gives a "I'm not here for your nonsense," is more likely to not get raped. PR don't want to spend time with a woman who is acting like a bitch.(In this case, it could save you).

7. Never ever let him stand to close too you. He may be planning how to rape you if he is TOO close to you.

8. Never act shy or timid. Women who act scared to stand up for themselves are 10 times likely to get raped.

If anyone actually needs tips on 'how not to get raped', they probably wouldn't even remember them...

While I think it's very important to teach women how to protect themselves I also wish men's magazines (and men's education in general) would remind THEM that rape is completely unacceptable and is an act of violence.

Back