Things that even as a child you knew were just wrong?

Karice

Proud Member
This thread is for things that you knew were wrong, even as a child.....

I am starting this thread, after someone on a Good Times website posted, "Even as an 8-year old child, I knew there was something wrong with a woman eating dog food (probably referring to the Gurdy meatloaf episode).

When I heard Tiffany's "I think we're Alone Now," around the age of 7, I felt uncomfortable.... I thought she was TOO excited/happy to be alone with her boyfriend (When I grew up, I heard that song was alluding to sex).

When I saw Paula Abdul's "Cold-Hearted Snake video, at 5, I felt uncomfortable and thought the video was "nasty." Even as a young child, I felt uncomfortable seeing sexual dances.....( I didn't really know what sex was back then, but I had a vague fuzzy knowledge of it).

Around the same age, i saw a music video where this woman in a red dress comes out of a manhole and these men were leering lustily at her as she strutted around. (Of course I didn't know what "lust" or "leering" were back then, I just knew there was something not right about how they were looking at her). Man, I felt creeped out by the way they were staring at this woman! :bugeyed What music video is this?

T

When I saw Paula Abdul's "Cold-Hearted Snake video, at 5, I felt uncomfortable and thought the video was "nasty." Even as a young child, I felt uncomfortable seeing sexual dances.....( I didn't really know what sex was back then, but I had a vague fuzzy knowledge of it).
I assume you're a Michael Jackson fan since you're here so how is this possible? MJ's dancing is very sexual. Does it still bother you? Or do you have a double standard when it comes to women. Man doing it is ok, woman doing it is wrong.

I assume you're a Michael Jackson fan since you're here so how is this possible? MJ's dancing is very sexual. Does it still bother you? Or do you have a double standard when it comes to women. Man doing it is ok, woman doing it is wrong.

Raingirl, I was FIVE when Cold-hearted video came out, with sexual dancing. Any five year old would be uncomfortable watching a sex-filled music video.

Raingirl, I was FIVE when Cold-hearted video came out, with sexual dancing. Any five year old would be uncomfortable watching a sex-filled music video.

But you're fine with watching a vid like In The Closet?.

all I can add to this topic.....In the closet....total hotness...Michael knew how to use what the good Lord gave him that is for sure..:ninja:

My true confession about my crush on MJ when i got older i understood this was wrong.

I had a deep crush on Michael Jackson when I was 6 years old i always thought he was my boyfriend in my head never knew what a boyfriend was. I had all his posters, thriller jacket, and shirt, I even tape his video’s Always been around my sisters they were older than me they always spoke about having boyfriends. I am dead serious too took me a while until I was 14 to realize I had a crush on a grown man my sisters went to his concert the bad tour I wanted to go so bad I broke down cause I couldn’t go with them my father wasn’t having it he sat me down and told me Michael is a grown man you to young to feel this way. Every time his videos came on I will run to the TV and kiss him my father use to say poor child my daughter really like her Michael. I use to tell my father when I get older watch I’m be with him he use to laugh like your too young so I’m not paying you no mind lol. As I got older I still had my lil crush I couldn’t stand for none of my friends to talk bad about him.

My true confession about my crush on MJ when i got older i understood this was wrong.

I had a deep crush on Michael Jackson when I was 6 years old i always thought he was my boyfriend in my head never knew what a boyfriend was. I had all his posters, thriller jacket, and shirt, I even tape his video’s Always been around my sisters they were older than me they always spoke about having boyfriends. I am dead serious too took me a while until I was 14 to realize I had a crush on a grown man my sisters went to his concert the bad tour I wanted to go so bad I broke down cause I couldn’t go with them my father wasn’t having it he sat me down and told me Michael is a grown man you to young to feel this way. Every time his videos came on I will run to the TV and kiss him my father use to say poor child my daughter really like her Michael. I use to tell my father when I get older watch I’m be with him he use to laugh like your too young so I’m not paying you no mind lol. As I got older I still had my lil crush I couldn’t stand for none of my friends to talk bad about him.

OMG. That is so sad. Did you see Michael some day?

I was born in the Mid 90's when MJ bashing really started, I've always known since the first time I heard Heal The World that was wrong !!

This is the first thing that sprung to my mind, not just because it's an MJ forum...

Well when I was around 8 years old the only MJ song I knew was Thriller and wasn't really a fan, but one day I asked my dad why MJ turned white and he said he "bleached his skin because he was ashamed to be black" and I didn't believe him.

:3

This is the first thing that sprung to my mind, not just because it's an MJ forum...

Well when I was around 8 years old the only MJ song I knew was Thriller and wasn't really a fan, but one day I asked my dad why MJ turned white and he said he "bleached his skin because he was ashamed to be black" and I didn't believe him.

:3

Wow omg well at first many believe he bleached his skin thanks to the media

OMG. That is so sad. Did you see Michael some day?

:sad: no I never had chance to meet him

I remember someone on a Saved By the Bell messageboard wrote, "Elizabeth Berkley's acting was really bad in Jessie's Song, when she acted like a caffeine addict, hooked on coffee pills. Even at the age of 8, I knew her acting was really bad in that scene......"

Back