This Customer Had The AUDACITY To Do This In The Store!

Karice

Proud Member
This young woman around her 20's, came to my store asking for a refund. Normally, there would be nothing strange about a customer asking for a refund, but she had no receipt....:scratch: This is not the audacity part. My assistant manager had her "BS" radar on around this young woman, and she told the customer that she was going to check the price of the item, and she immediately called the store manager, and explained about the young woman. The store manager looked at the camera, and the young woman was shown on camera picking the item up from the shelf, and walking to the customer service to get a refund....:doh::bugeyed

My store manager told the young woman, "Get the f...out of my store! :lol: She protested that she came in with it, but even what she had to "return" was suspiciouis. It was Osteoporosis medicine or something, usually for elderly people and she quickly said that it was for her son. If she is around her 20's, her son should be a baby, or a very small child. Most small children and babies do not need Osteoporosis medicine. -_-The Osteoporosis medicine was over 30 dollars!:bugeyed the store mananger made her leave. He waited until she was completely out of the store before coming back... I cannot believe a customer had that audacity! :doh:

You mean to tell me you guys didn't arrest her for trying to shoplift or steal from the company?

I cannot believe a customer had that audacity! :doh:

I can. :smilerolleyes: You wouldn't believe what some people have the audacity to do. Whenever we have "freebates" (rebates that make an item free), we will inevitably get a number of customers who swoop in and buy out nearly all the stock of that item. Sounds normal, right? Well, a good portion of the time they will later come back and try to return the items. :scratch: Why? Because the reason they bought them in the first place was to try to sell them, and then whatever they can't get rid of, they don't want anymore. They aren't able to get away with it, since the computer won't return them. :sigh:

You mean to tell me you guys didn't arrest her for trying to shoplift or steal from the company?

I agree, you should have gotten her arrested !!

I remember about a week before my birthday my sister got me a top from a very well known store, but I already had it, so I went with her to pick out a new one for me. When we went to the till, they accused us of wearing the top and then trying to return it, infront of a crowd of people and it was so embarassing and I was very hurt by it, and when I said I wasn't going to leave she called security to take me and my sister out !! we later called the customer services and reported her for how she was with us and we got our money back too.. I don't think it was worth the embarassment though !!

I was already punching out when the incident occured when I saw my store manager looking at the store camera..... I had nothing to do with the determent of the customer.

Hey, we had people coming into the store with glasses that were pretty much 10 years old and complain that they want their money back and that this is lousy quality...yaddayadda. Meanwhile we can look up the model number and know this item 10 years is at least 10 years old...

Our someone came back and freely admitted they stepped on their glasses, the dog ate them- but it's our fault because we sell lousy quality.

ANYTHING is possible to be done in retail. When the broad public comes through the door you get to deal with some real nut jobs....

I once worked at LOWES (its a home department store) I worked in the garden center and this lady dug up her OWN old plants and brought them to the store and told us the plants we JUST sold her were "very sad" and she wanted a refund. lol.. We wouldn't give her one. She just threatened ot never come back (which was fine by us) we just told her Menards (another home department store) is THAT way LOL

People think retail employees are stupid.. I hated when someone thought I never knew anything.

I once worked at LOWES (its a home department store) I worked in the garden center and this lady dug up her OWN old plants and brought them to the store and told us the plants we JUST sold her were "very sad" and she wanted a refund. lol.. We wouldn't give her one. She just threatened ot never come back (which was fine by us) we just told her Menards (another home department store) is THAT way LOL

People think retail employees are stupid.. I hated when someone thought I never knew anything.

Yeah, some people think that employess are dumb as hell....

I worked in a department store once where a customer came in to return a bra. A used bra. A bra that clearly had never been washed, because it was stained and it stank to high heaven. She wanted a refund. And she had her receipt, which met the store's 90-day purchase guideline...but of course the manager would not refund because it was clearly used (and um, DISGUSTING!). She was pissed and also threatened to never return. The manager just shoved the stinky bra at her and said, "I understand your position. Take care now." And he walked away. LOL

^

haha I work customer service and one time a guy tried to return a used toliet seat! Not even joking. What is wrong with people! lol :doh:

Wow that person must have been pretty dumb to think they would get away with that! lmao!

Its like a customer today came into the sports shop i work part time in.. saying she wanted to return the trainers she had bought (worth £150) as they were to big.. which normally yeah thats fine...
But she came into the shop wearing them!!? i mean what an idiot! some people sheeesh! :p

the dishonesty of people makes me cringe. The world is going to hell in a hand basket...sad..:(

I can believe it! People will try and pull anything. They think that because you are standing behind a counter you are 'stupid'. It's insulting!

Lol what a clever girl.

I remember thinking she might have gotten away with it if she had stolen the Osteoporosis Medicine from ANOTHER Walgreen's and then came into our store and tried to make a "Refund," especially if she had done it the same day before the theft was seen on camera.

Back