Slipknot Bassist Paul Gray Found Dead

MichaelJacksonOne

Proud Member
Slipknot bassist Paul Gray was found dead this morning in a hotel near Urbandale, Iowa. He was 38. According to the Des Moines Register, police found no evidence of foul play in Gray's death, but the investigation is ongoing. The Polk County, Iowa Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy and toxicology test tomorrow to determine the cause of his premature death. Gray's body was found by a hotel employee at around 10:50 this morning and witnesses report seeing items removed from his room early in the afternoon. Slipknot's manager confirmed the death to Rolling Stone but did not offer further details.

Masked and Anonymous: Photos of Paul Gray's Life in Slipknot.

Gray, known to fans as "#2" and "The Pig," co-founded Slipknot in 1995 with drummer Joey Jordison and percussionist Shawn Crahan and the band released their debut Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat in 1996. The group has gone on to become one of the most successful and beloved acts in metal, earning legions of fans for their electric shows, over-the-top costumes and dark, anthemic brand of thrash music. Their 2008 album All Hope is Gone went to Number One and the band, who have been nominated for seven Grammys, took home an award in 2006 for Best Metal Performance.

Gray had his share of troubles in the past. In 2003, he was arrested in Des Moines for possession of cocaine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia following a car accident. But Gray seemed to turn his life around in recent years, reportedly marrying girlfriend Brenna Paul two years ago.

This is awful news, I was so saddened when I heard about this, this morning :(

And the fact he's partner is pregnant too....so sad.

I knew there wouldn't be a lot of Slipknot fans on a Michael Jackson forum, but I am glad someone mentioned this here. Metal music may not be for everyone, but behind all that "noise" as to what people call it, are fantastic musicians. And he was one of those.

I hate when talented people leave this world way too early :(

RIP Paul :(

Some of those comment's on that video are shocking do people have no sense of dignity left anymore.

R.I.P. Paul.

I'm so so sad right now,he was such an amazing human being,a really good man.
He had his share of problems and demons growing up but he was recovering,expecting his first child....his poor wife is pregnant and the kid will never meet his dad,this is tragic...

rip paul,my heart goes to his family,his wife and the child she's carrying and to the band.

I was never an hardcore fan but last year i saw them after many years since the first time,and I know that they attract a lot of silly comments and critics but the truth is they are kind and humble men,awesome musicians and always gave 100% on stage and off stage,always nice to their fans and grateful...the energy at their live shows is mazing and the sense of community is surreal..
they really are *this close* and it's really painful to see them totally broken now.

^ I agree

Was heartbreaking seeing the press conference. When Corey spoke, I just had tears.

Such a huge loss to the music world :(

Farewell Pig, you are already missed :(

This is sad :(
My sisiter is a big metal fan and I have heard it since I remember because of this. I know this was a great band and these are great musicians.
I also know the vocalist of this band, Corey, has "off the wall" tatto on his back, so I guess some of them are fans too.
R.I.P. PAUL

This is sad :(
My sisiter is a big metal fan and I have heard it since I remember because of this. I know this was a great band and these are great musicians.
I also know the vocalist of this band, Corey, has "off the wall" tatto on his back, so I guess some of them are fans too.
R.I.P. PAUL

It's very sad for the whole metal community because the passion for true music and the respect for each other is real.
Corey is a massive fan of MJ,yes he has a huge tattoo of the "Off the Wall" cover on his whole back and never failed to mention M as a bid inspiration,and so the Clown.
Last year I saw them at the "Gods of Metal" festival and it was really sad because it was the day M died,25th June, and everybody there kept talking about him...it was a very strange atmosphere,you could sense the sense of loss of a great artist.

When the concert ended,Slipknot (they were headliners) left the stage and "Beat It" was playing as tribute,and it was amazing seeing all the fans there almost 30.000,clapping their hands to MJ even if it was a metal festival.
Fans were leaving the arena to the notes of a MJ song,and as sad as it was we felt very close to him.
Now a year later we loose one of those amazing guys as well.....life is really unfair sometimes...

It's very sad for the whole metal community because the passion for true music and the respect for each other is real.
Corey is a massive fan of MJ,yes he has a huge tattoo of the "Off the Wall" cover on his whole back and never failed to mention M as a bid inspiration,and so the Clown.
Last year I saw them at the "Gods of Metal" festival and it was really sad because it was the day M died,25th June, and everybody there kept talking about him...it was a very strange atmosphere,you could sense the sense of loss of a great artist.

When the concert ended,Slipknot (they were headliners) left the stage and "Beat It" was playing as tribute,and it was amazing seeing all the fans there almost 30.000,clapping their hands to MJ even if it was a metal festival.
Fans were leaving the arena to the notes of a MJ song,and as sad as it was we felt very close to him.
Now a year later we loose one of those amazing guys as well.....life is really unfair sometimes...

Yeh, I rememeber reading about that. A few members from other bands on the bill played with a glove on.

So sad :(

Back