Failed partnership

Stranger

Proud Member
Hi guys

So my story is that last year I set up a business with my friend...it started out ok...we had different ideas and to be honest, we ended up going with a lot of hers.

But as time went on, I ended up being the major player becuase she was very busy with other things going on in her life. So I did most of the work myself. And when we discussed things, she just wanted us to take our time and see how things turn out (in other words do nothing), whereas I wanted us to focus on it now and get things done.

But then she said I was nagging her, but all I did was ask her if she could do some of the things that I couldnt do myself. ANd she hated me stressing out, but she never tried to help. She just left it to me to sort out.

Anyway now she says she is too busy and wants to quit. But I feel like I'm the real reason shes leaving. She said I went on and on about things, nagged and failed to understand that she was busy.

Honest to God, I really did put in a 100%, while she put in 50%. Its the truth. ANd I tried not to ask her things but sometimes I just had to. Like I really needed her help in buying a vehicle, but I never asked her all year cos she was so busy. She knew I needed help, but she never helped. and I did most of the work without complaining. (the profits were still being split equally by the way)

By the way we're quite young and we're been friends since school.

I just cant see the bigger picture or how I've acted in her eyes. so im very confused.

It sounds to me as though you're better off without her. It just sounds like she was in it for the money and wasn't bothered about the business.

yup...sounds like she is the problem..not you....she wanted her 50%,,without doing 50% of the work...someone should inform her that a business cannot be run like that especially if she wants to be partners...I am sorry for you..:hug: also it is a very difficult thing to go into business with friends...In my experience and the things that I have witnessed.....it almost never works out....and in the end people usually lose friends because of it.

Why do you feel to blame? You did nothing wrong. She just lost interest and you wanted to build the project and she didn't. That's not a reason to blame yourself :hug: :cheers:

Don't blame yourself, it sounds like your heart was in it more than hers. Take the experience and move on. :) I'm sorry it didn't work out, I wish you lots of luck!

Thank you guys for the kind comments..actually I do feel better this morning...and yes, I definitely am better off without her!

Hey, hope you're feeling better now.. Better to nip these things in the bud while you still can!

Back