Thread: Getting to know you!

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Getting to know you!

Hey all I have made quite a few posts round here since joining so thought I should introduce myself. I'm Charlotte, I am 39 years old and when I was 4/5 my life changed forever. I was at a friends house playing and they had a VHS copy of Thriller and the Making Of. I knew about it as when it was first aired on UK tv, my parents sent us kids to bed and had friends round and a bit of a party to watch it. But I had never seen it. My friends mum was busy in another room so we put it on and WOW. It was like a spell had been cast on me - that is the only way I can describe it. I was under Michael's spell and his has never been broken ever since.

I went home and told my Mum that I was in love with Michael Jackson. I remember it as clear as day. She just laughed and told me he was a weirdo. I wasn't deterred and by the time I was 10 I think she knew nothing was going to change my love for Michael. I had Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad on regular loop in my bedroom and then she did the most incredible thing. She bought me tickets to go see the Bad Tour at Wembley Stadium. I was overwhelmed. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. We were right at the back but that didn't bother me. There was a special raised platform for kids and I was up there, with Mum's binoculars, the whole concert. I couldn't believe Michael was there - breathing the same air as me!

When I was 14 I was lucky enough to see the Dangerous Tour. By then I wearing plasters on my finger tips just like Michael anytime I wasn't at school LOL!. I was in the crowd, squashed as near the front as I could get. I was mesmerised. I got up on a friends shoulders and tried to take it all in. Just indescribable. That was sadly the last time I saw Michael live. I came from a non fan family and I am afraid the tabloids got to my mum and when the allegations hit, she didn't actively try to stop me loving Michael, but she wouldn't buy tickets to another show. As an adult I was thrilled when the This Is It tickets came up for sale. I couldn't sleep for two days straight prior to them going live. I was so desperate to get them. I never foresaw how it would end.

Michael and his music have been there through every step of my life. I remember when the Bad album was released, I took it up to my room and greedily devoured it. When Man in the Mirror came on I just remember this incredible moment. The song had such a profound impact on me. I felt every word. I really knew that I had to make a change to myself and my attitude. It made me stop and think about others more and has stuck with me ever since. His song, "You Are My Life" even accompanied me down the aisle at my wedding. My first born has the middle name Jospeh, in honour of Michael.

Losing Michael had a huge impact on me. Trying to explain that you are grieving for someone you never even met. People don't get it. It is something I still struggle with sometimes. Although I never met him, he has been there throughout my childhood and adult life. So many key points in my life involve Michael somehow. It is a very personal thing for me, that I can't and don't want to really explain to anyone else.

I have been a member of a few MJ forums and have been active on FB and Instagram for many years in the MJ field. However recently I just felt compelled to join here and have the opportunity to chat to other fans. I never had friends who were proper fans when I was growing up.

I am amazed and absolutely thrilled by the amount of young fans I have encountered, mainly on Instagram. It fascinates me as many are coming to Michael after his death.

Anyway if you are still reading, well done! Sorry to have rambled and hope to see you about.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cats-whiskas For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Oh wow, i love that story and the way you to got into enjoying Michaels Music. I never got to see him live and that is one massive regret but i still love watching him via anything i can get my hands on. He is such a wonderful soul and he would love to think that all his fans come together in one place in unity and harmony for the man that he is. I don't think there will ever be anyone like Michael who has such an impact on his fans lives like he does. It great to all get together and even if we don't all share the same opinions that's ok as we all share the same love and adoration for the man that is Michael Jackson.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmJ1979 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,873 Times in 3,048 Posts

^^Very nice, everybody. Welcome to all new members! I love reading everybody's back stories.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Hi guys!! My name is Heather. I dont remember If I've posted on here before (ive lurked in the past), but I want to introduce myself anyways because I'm such a big fan of Michael's and I just finally wanted to start being among other fans. Some people in my life don't understand my love for him so it would just be great to be around other fans who understand!! I'm excited to start posting more

8. The Following User Says Thank You to musiqgirl203 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Welcome to MJJCommunity guys - good to see you all here
    MJJCommunity - Michael Jackson Community
    Loyally honouring Michael since 2001
    JOIN THE CHAT - CLICK THE BELOW BANNER NOW!!

Have a question or query by all means give us a shout contact@mjjcommunity.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MJJCommunity For This Useful Post: