Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,014 Times in 651 Posts

Default Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Dear Fans

There is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.

After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael’s vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.

Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.

Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.

Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.

These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.

The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.

Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael's, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.

Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.

Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks - because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson.

Although there still seem to be concerns being expressed in some quarters about the authenticity of the lead vocals, notwithstanding the opinion of those who worked with Michael, and two independent forensic analysts, ultimately, Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are. We take all fan comments very seriously, and as I’d stated above, there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael. We are continuing to follow up with those who have worked in the studio or on tours with Michael, and if any new information comes to light, we will keep you and the fans advised.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
    Attorney for the Estate Of Michael Jackson
    Santa Monica, CA

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson

Okay, Ill go with that. I am convinced BN is MJ, not as we know it but it is MJ.
    Live with it I say, I will.

Inhale... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale,
    Hold Up, Wait a Minute
    Let Me Put Some MJ In It

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

And that all means what exactly???

And I thought "All I Need" is on Jason Malachi's official MySpace page?!

-Dal

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 801 Posts

Basically: "Like it or lump it - it's going to be on the album."

JMie

thank you!

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I'm glad they named names of the engineers who gave their opinions. I do just Bruce Swedien....

IF they are actually taking fan comments with seriousness, I'd like to know the best way to contact the estate. I've already sent my thoughts to Sony.

I just don't know what to think.... Im glad they said something, but I suppose only Sony can tell us for sure if they are on or off the album?
    Love Lives Forever

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

ok I've now gone from 80% beleiving it is him to 90% beleiving it is him. I think its down to, processing and michael using a different sound in his voice and maybe also not singing all out to. I also think that why would they make fake songs if they have hundreds of genuine songs to pick from, also why would sony take such a risk. I'm pretty sure its him. and I do like the song.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

EXcellent Gaz .... thank you!

So can we move on now & look forward to Michael's album with JOY & POSITIVITY?

Well I am .... :lol:

It's all for Love
    L-O-V-E

In My Forever
    Rest in Peace Sweet Angel

~ With Eternal Love & Respect from South Africa ~

"To kill a mockingbird' is to kill that which is innocent and harmless"

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Official Message From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

This is a disgrace. I just despair. Who needs a 'forensic musicologist' when they have ears?!

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Oh I am glad the finally released this statement!

I've been right all along, saying that I hear another voice in the background vocals ( also Jackson from Michael Jackson, was said by this other voice ) and rest of main vocals is Mike recorded on probably not so good device. Also that voice would be credited.

I also felt it was not Malachi in the background vocals, because simply didn't sound like Malachi.

I am so sad that didn't put these credits on Michael Jackson site, underneath the song. It would have been avoided a huge scandal. Scandal that might jeopardize the whole Michael album.....
    Last edited by Tipareth; 11-11-2010 at 09:41 AM.

When you go near a really charismatic person, you will have only two options - ending up being his slave, his fan, his admirer or, as a protection measure, you will turn yourself into his enemy and his hater." Osho

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

"Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael."

I think we can safely say its mj, these guys would no his singing voice better than his family to be honest I think.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,370 Times in 9,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael’s vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.*These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.*The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael's, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.*Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks - because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson.*Although there still seem to be concerns being expressed in some quarters about the authenticity of the lead vocals, notwithstanding the opinion of those who worked with Michael, and two independent forensic analysts, ultimately, Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are. We take all fan comments very seriously, and as I’d stated above, there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.*Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael. We are continuing to follow up with those who have worked in the studio or on tours with Michael, and if any new information comes to light, we will keep you and the fans advised.Thanks,HowardHoward Weitzman, Esq.Attorney for the Estate Of Michael JacksonSanta Monica, CA
    If it's sooooooo owerhelmingly clear it's MJ, then why did the concerns and suspicions were raised in first place? They obviously felt those tracks suspicious as well, hence the lot of examination of them. I still say they should exclude those tracks from the album, I'm still not convinced.

If it's really MJ then he must have been either ill, so that he totally lost the color of his voice on these tapes or he must have been recorded with really bad equipment. In neither case these songs should be released as representations of his true quality.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

so the song will be on the album.. i dont like that. i dont like this song.
    but the other songs that got leaked are great!
    so doesnt matter

Fan since the age of five. I miss you Michael!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Scary, the power of suggestion.!!

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

He must be joking,those cascio's tracks are like cancer on the new album,,it's going to affect the sales and affect future MJ albums down the line.
    Those who are in contact with the estate better advise them to drop those cascio tracks,they think they can just feed us any cock and bull story and we'ld accept it.