Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Dear Fans

There is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.

After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael’s vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.

Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.

Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.

Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.

These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.

The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.

Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael's, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.

Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.

Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks - because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson.

Although there still seem to be concerns being expressed in some quarters about the authenticity of the lead vocals, notwithstanding the opinion of those who worked with Michael, and two independent forensic analysts, ultimately, Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are. We take all fan comments very seriously, and as I’d stated above, there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael. We are continuing to follow up with those who have worked in the studio or on tours with Michael, and if any new information comes to light, we will keep you and the fans advised.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Attorney for the Estate Of Michael Jackson
Santa Monica, CA

Re: Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson

Okay, Ill go with that. I am convinced BN is MJ, not as we know it but it is MJ.
Live with it I say, I will.

And that all means what exactly???

And I thought "All I Need" is on Jason Malachi's official MySpace page?!

-Dal

Basically: "Like it or lump it - it's going to be on the album."

thank you!

I'm glad they named names of the engineers who gave their opinions. I do just Bruce Swedien....

IF they are actually taking fan comments with seriousness, I'd like to know the best way to contact the estate. I've already sent my thoughts to Sony.

I just don't know what to think.... Im glad they said something, but I suppose only Sony can tell us for sure if they are on or off the album?

ok I've now gone from 80% beleiving it is him to 90% beleiving it is him. I think its down to, processing and michael using a different sound in his voice and maybe also not singing all out to. I also think that why would they make fake songs if they have hundreds of genuine songs to pick from, also why would sony take such a risk. I'm pretty sure its him. and I do like the song.

EXcellent Gaz .... thank you!

So can we move on now & look forward to Michael's album with JOY & POSITIVITY?

Well I am .... :lol:

Re: Official Message From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

This is a disgrace. I just despair. Who needs a 'forensic musicologist' when they have ears?!

Oh I am glad the finally released this statement!

I've been right all along, saying that I hear another voice in the background vocals ( also Jackson from Michael Jackson, was said by this other voice ) and rest of main vocals is Mike recorded on probably not so good device. Also that voice would be credited.

I also felt it was not Malachi in the background vocals, because simply didn't sound like Malachi.

I am so sad that didn't put these credits on Michael Jackson site, underneath the song. It would have been avoided a huge scandal. Scandal that might jeopardize the whole Michael album.....

Last edited:
"Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael."

I think we can safely say its mj, these guys would no his singing voice better than his family to be honest I think.

Gaz;3066387 said:
As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael’s vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.*These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.*The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael's, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.*Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks - because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson.*Although there still seem to be concerns being expressed in some quarters about the authenticity of the lead vocals, notwithstanding the opinion of those who worked with Michael, and two independent forensic analysts, ultimately, Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are. We take all fan comments very seriously, and as I’d stated above, there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.*Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael. We are continuing to follow up with those who have worked in the studio or on tours with Michael, and if any new information comes to light, we will keep you and the fans advised.Thanks,HowardHoward Weitzman, Esq.Attorney for the Estate Of Michael JacksonSanta Monica, CA

If it's sooooooo owerhelmingly clear it's MJ, then why did the concerns and suspicions were raised in first place? They obviously felt those tracks suspicious as well, hence the lot of examination of them. I still say they should exclude those tracks from the album, I'm still not convinced.

If it's really MJ then he must have been either ill, so that he totally lost the color of his voice on these tapes or he must have been recorded with really bad equipment. In neither case these songs should be released as representations of his true quality.

so the song will be on the album.. i dont like that. i dont like this song. :(
but the other songs that got leaked are great!
so doesnt matter :)

Scary, the power of suggestion.!!

He must be joking,those cascio's tracks are like cancer on the new album,,it's going to affect the sales and affect future MJ albums down the line.
Those who are in contact with the estate better advise them to drop those cascio tracks,they think they can just feed us any cock and bull story and we'ld accept it.

:punk::punk::clapping::wild:That is what I expected to hear Thank u !!!

I thought they had taken our doubts into consideration. After I see this statement I don't know why they bothered commenting at all

Gaz;3066387 said:
Dear Fans

As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.

After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael’s vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.

Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.

Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.

Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.

These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.

The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.

Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael's, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.

Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.

Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks - because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson.

Although there still seem to be concerns being expressed in some quarters about the authenticity of the lead vocals, notwithstanding the opinion of those who worked with Michael, and two independent forensic analysts, ultimately, Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are. We take all fan comments very seriously, and as I’d stated above, there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael. We are continuing to follow up with those who have worked in the studio or on tours with Michael, and if any new information comes to light, we will keep you and the fans advised.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Santa Monica, CA

This is contradicting with Smooth's statement coming directly from SONY saying that 50% of the vocals were Michael's and 50% are from a hired soundalike singer.

:bugeyed ................................

:no:

Gaz;3066387 said:
Dear Fans

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Santa Monica, CA

Don't give me that bull**** It is not Michael Jackson.

"Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are."

Ok.. lets vote.. Put the voting contest on michaeljackson.com and then lets fans decide!

well that went in one ear and out the other. to me, it's not Michael. whoever is having the album is having it. but not me. i already spent my money on another copy of Invicible. that keeps up his legacy.
this inauthentic feeling never accompanied me, before, when seeking to decide whether or not i would buy music. i'm not gunna start now.

that and guilt tripping aren't my cup of tea, when i'm seeking to decide these things.

And why couldn't they say in the first place there was someone singing back up with MJ?! Cause that's who I hear! Looks like the Casio songs will be included after all? Because those are the last songs of mj so of course they want them, equal more money!

Do you really think Teddy Riley, Bruce Sweiden, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Greg Phillinganes would all lie???

Most of those names aren't even associated with this album. What would they possibly have to gain?

Guys, Breaking News is obviously Michael Jackson. If you don't like the song, fair enough, I can understand your disappointment.

But it's him. Regardless of whether you think it might sound like someone else, it's not. That much is obvious now.

This is interesting the way things are developing I will urge this to this brilliant community on here download an audio pitcher and when you put Breaking News through it and increast the pitch by at least a semitone but at the most a tone because at the moment that's what it sounds like to me (and I've been a proffessional singer for 3 years and a professional musician since 2003 in the tribute business) like they detuned the song and you will be amazed at the results

are there still people who believe its not MJ? or do u believe them?

Well there you have it folks...either take it (buy the album) or don't (don't buy the album) the decision is ultimately a personal one, but please, please let’s stop with the conspiracy BS. The song is forgettable at best, I personally can't wait till they release the actual first single.

Just got paid, am about to pre-order this bad boy.

Hmmmm...that statement still hasn't convinced me yet :mello:

Thank you for posting :) great news, and I'm really looking forward to the new album....

dupsy;3066417 said:
He must be joking,those cascio's tracks are like cancer on the new album,,it's going to affect the sales and affect future MJ albums down the line.
Those who are in contact with the estate better advise them to drop those cascio tracks,they think they can just feed us any cock and bull story and we'ld accept it.

barok232;3066421 said:
I thought they had taken our doubts into consideration. After I see this statement I don't know why they bothered commenting at all

OnirMJ;3066428 said:
Don't give me that bull**** It is not Michael Jackson.

"Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are."

Ok.. lets vote.. Put the voting contest on michaeljackson.com and then lets fans decide!

144 said:
well that went in one ear and out the other. to me, it's not Michael. whoever is having the album is having it. but not me. i already spent my money on another copy of Invicible. that keeps up his legacy.

Thank god for you people. If it weren't for you I'd be having a nervous breakdown about now as my hero's rep goes down the pan.

Back