Joe Jackson wrongful death case against Murray / Murray wants case dismissed / Joe wants to add AEG

StacyJ

Proud Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101201/ap_en_mu/us_michael_jackson_doctor

APNewsBreak: Jackson wrongful death case refiled

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer Anthony Mccartney, Ap Entertainment Writer – 8 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson's father has refiled a wrongful death lawsuit in state court against the doctor charged in his son's death and added a Las Vegas pharmacy as a defendant.

Joseph Jackson originally filed the suit in federal court, but a judge declined to hear the case and said it should be handled in Los Angeles Superior Court.

The case accuses Dr. Conrad Murray of negligence in administering the anesthetic propofol to Jackson.

It also names Applied Pharmacy Services in Las Vegas, which court records show sold the drug to Murray nearly a month before the singer's death in June 2009. Authorities have said the sale was legal.

Authorities blamed propofol for the 50-year-old pop superstar's death. Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

A phone message for a spokeswoman for Murray's attorney, Miranda Sevcik, was not immediately returned.

APNewsBreak: Jackson wrongful death case refiled

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer Anthony Mccartney, Ap Entertainment Writer – 7 mins ago
LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson's father refiled a wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against the doctor charged in his son's death and added as a defendant a Las Vegas pharmacy that records show sold the physician a powerful anesthetic blamed for his death.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages against Dr. Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty in the separate criminal case to involuntary manslaughter in the singer's June 2009 death.

Joe Jackson initially filed his case against Murray in federal court on the first anniversary of his son's death. A judge, however, refused to hear the case and said it should be handled in state court, where it was refiled Tuesday.

"This has been a long process and the facts of Michael's death have been way too slow in emerging," said Joe Jackson's attorney, Brian Oxman. "There is still much to discover and we're going to find it out."

The lawsuit also names Applied Pharmacy Services, which court records show sold Murray the anesthetic propofol during the month before the singer's death. The pharmacy is accused of selling Murray excessive quantities of the anesthetic, which is normally administered in hospital settings.

Authorities have said the sale was legal.

A receptionist at Applied Pharmacy Services declined comment and refused to give her name. A phone message for a spokeswoman for Murray's attorney, Miranda Sevcik, was not immediately returned.

The Los Angeles County coroner has blamed Jackson's death on propofol intoxication and ruled it a homicide.

Applied Pharmacy's sales of propofol to Murray were revealed in search warrants unsealed in Las Vegas in November 2009. At the time, authorities said a doctor licensed in two states can buy propofol in one and administer it in another.

Murray is licensed in California, Nevada and Texas — all of which have restricted his medical license to some extent since the allegations surfaced in the death of Jackson.

Attorneys for Murray have said he did not give Jackson anything that should have killed him.

The case could be consolidated with a lawsuit filed by Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine, against concert promoter AEG Live.

That suit claims AEG and its agents told Michael Jackson the company would provide medical equipment and hire Murray to care for him as he prepared for comeback concerts in London.

AEG has said through an attorney that Katherine Jackson's lawsuit is without merit.

Re: APNewsBreak: Jackson wrongful death case refiled

Here we go again.

Although I have no respect for Joe Jackson, I do appreciate the fact that his lawsuit brings Murray and his actions back to the front. Murray is charged with homicide and folks should not forget that. Murray, a medical doctor, willingly gave MJ a plethora of sedatives along with anesthesia and left him alone to die. That should not be forgotten.

Joe has himself listed as a dependent. But did he not say just a few days ago Michael did not support him? Goodness

Joe has himself listed as a dependent. But did he not say just a few days ago Michael did not support him? Goodness

and you know that Murray's lawyers would have a field day with it.

how many times did Oxman file this lawsuit?

3 or 4

I just want the criminal trial to start already. I am so tired of waiting.

And that's one of the BIGGEST reasons that folks should make no public comments and/or give interviews when they have pending litigation.

(The look on Leonard Rowe's face was PRICELESS, when Joe Jackson said that Michael "did not support him." LOL!)

I don't know if adding the pharmacy was a good idea since it's been stated that the sale to Murray was legal. But since Oxman is in charge, I'm guessing that he's going with the "kitchen sink" theory.

As to combining both lawsuits, I wonder how Katherine Jackson's attorney would feel about that. I mean, it would mean that Oxman would be working with Katherine's attorney. I'm sure Katherine's attorney ain't trying to hear that. LOL!

I just want the criminal trial to start already. I am so tired of waiting.

I agree.. next month the ball should start rolling.

Joe's gonna lose. He is not apart of the estate, or Michael's will. If anyone has a shot at a wrongful death civil suit, it's the estate, or Katherine.

And that's one of the BIGGEST reasons that folks should make no public comments and/or give interviews when they have pending litigation.

(The look on Leonard Rowe's face was PRICELESS, when Joe Jackson said that Michael "did not support him." LOL!)

I don't know if adding the pharmacy was a good idea since it's been stated that the sale to Murray was legal. But since Oxman is in charge, I'm guessing that he's going with the "kitchen sink" theory.

As to combining both lawsuits, I wonder how Katherine Jackson's attorney would feel about that. I mean, it would mean that Oxman would be working with Katherine's attorney. I'm sure Katherine's attorney ain't trying to hear that. LOL!

Hi Big Apple how are you ?

I agree.. I found it odd that he included the pharmacy too considering ordering propofol was not illegal for a doctor like Murray. I'm thinking Oxman is going with the theory that the pharmacy shipping it to Murray's girlfriend's apartment was questionable but it's not illegal so he doesn't have a foot to stand on.

I agree.. I found it odd that he included the pharmacy too considering ordering propofol was not illegal for a doctor like Murray. I'm thinking Oxman is going with the theory that the pharmacy shipping it to Murray's girlfriend's apartment was questionable but it's not illegal so he doesn't have a foot to stand on.
Oxman makes a mockery out of EVERYTHING he touches!

Even IF Joe Jackson had a good "case" (which in my opinion, he doesn't) it would lose credibility because Brian Oxman is at the helm. By law he's entitled to file whatever he wants to file, but I don't believe anybody takes him seriously, aside from Joe Jackson.

I would love to be a fly-on-the-wall when OTHER attorneys are discussing Oxman and his many antics. LOL!

There Goes Joe Trying To Get More Money Again....

Let's update this as well. There's a hearing about Joe Jackson's wrongful death case tomorrow (March 23rd)

Court's tentative ruling below

-------------------------------

Hearing Date: March 23, 2011 Dept: 56

Case Name: Jackson, et al. v. Murray, et al.
Motion: Demurrer and Motion to Dismiss
Moving Party: Defendants, Conrad Murray, Acres Home Heart & Vascular Associates, and GCA Holdings, LLC
Responding Party: Plaintiff, Joseph Jackson

Tentative Ruling: Defendants’ “demurrer” is overruled and “motion to dismiss” is denied. Defendants are ordered to file an answer within ten days.

Plaintiff, Joseph Jackson filed his original complaint in federal court on 6/25/10, charging Defendants with wrongful death and related causes of action. On 11/1/10 the federal court elected to dismiss the state claims without prejudice, and Plaintiff filed this action on 11/30/10. Defendants have responded to the complaint with a document entitled “Demurrer and Motion to Dismiss due to (1) Limitations and (2) Standing.”

To the extent the filing is intended to be a demurrer, it is overruled. It does not comply with CRC 3.1320. To the extent the matter is intended to be a motion to dismiss, it is denied. Defendants have established no grounds for dismissal.

As a note, the Court finds Defendants’ method of numbering and indenting each sentence in the points and authorities to be distracting and confusing; do not use this method in future.

------

Judge will hear from both sides tomorrow before making a final decision about the case (either to move to trial or to dismiss the case)

Re: Joe Jackson wrongful death case against Murray refiled / Court to hear motion to dismiss argumen

I guess that is what Randy's recent tweets were about.

Re: Joe Jackson wrongful death case against Murray refiled / Court to hear motion to dismiss argumen

thank you Ivy...guess we will have to wait and see tomorrow.

In my opinion, Randy was talking about the AEG case.

I don't believe Randy would use the word "WE," when talking about anything Joseph Jackson does. LOL! Whatever Joe does, he does by himself, for himself.

Now the AEG case, I believe is ALL Randy Jackson, with Katherine being used as a viable front.

In my opinion, Randy was talking about the AEG case.

I don't believe Randy would use the word "WE," when talking about anything Joseph Jackson does. LOL! Whatever Joe does, he does by himself, for himself.

Now the AEG case, I believe is ALL Randy Jackson, with Katherine being used as a viable front.

I too think that Randy's tweets were about AEG because like I said this is just a tentative ruling depending on the hearing. Judge can throw out Joe's wrongful death lawsuit.

Katherine's lawsuit against AEG on the other hand is going to trial - even partially.

Plus as Randy seems to be supportive of "other people" involvement I personally do not think that they care much about Murray.

Oh, ok thank you.

There are so many lawsuits about, I forgot what was what!

ivy;3307310 said:
Let's update this as well. There's a hearing about Joe Jackson's wrongful death case tomorrow (March 23rd)

Court's tentative ruling below

-------------------------------

Hearing Date: March 23, 2011 Dept: 56

Case Name: Jackson, et al. v. Murray, et al.
Motion: Demurrer and Motion to Dismiss
Moving Party: Defendants, Conrad Murray, Acres Home Heart & Vascular Associates, and GCA Holdings, LLC
Responding Party: Plaintiff, Joseph Jackson

Tentative Ruling: Defendants’ “demurrer” is overruled and “motion to dismiss” is denied. Defendants are ordered to file an answer within ten days.

Plaintiff, Joseph Jackson filed his original complaint in federal court on 6/25/10, charging Defendants with wrongful death and related causes of action. On 11/1/10 the federal court elected to dismiss the state claims without prejudice, and Plaintiff filed this action on 11/30/10. Defendants have responded to the complaint with a document entitled “Demurrer and Motion to Dismiss due to (1) Limitations and (2) Standing.”

To the extent the filing is intended to be a demurrer, it is overruled. It does not comply with CRC 3.1320. To the extent the matter is intended to be a motion to dismiss, it is denied. Defendants have established no grounds for dismissal.

As a note, the Court finds Defendants’ method of numbering and indenting each sentence in the points and authorities to be distracting and confusing; do not use this method in future.

------

Judge will hear from both sides tomorrow before making a final decision about the case (either to move to trial or to dismiss the case)

Thanks!

Does this case have any results? :unsure:

Judge Wants More Information From Joe Jackson's Lawyers For Wrongful Death Suit

A judge said today he wants more information from attorneys before deciding whether Joe Jackson can move forward with his wrongful death suit against cardiologist Conrad Murray over the death of his late pop star son, Michael Jackson.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson issued a tentative decision Monday rejecting defense efforts to have the case dismissed.

After hearing arguments today, Johnson said he wants more information on whether the
current case was filed on time.

The lawsuit filed Nov. 30 seeks unspecified damages against Murray, who has pleaded not guilty in a separate criminal case in which he has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in the June 2009 death of the legendary singer.

In the suit, Joe Jackson names Las Vegas' Applied Pharmacy services, which court records show sold Murray propofol in the weeks before his son's death at age 50 that was attributed to acute propofol intoxication.

The pharmacy is alleged to have sold Murray excessive amounts of propofol, a drug typically used in a clinical setting during surgery.

Joe Jackson initially filed a wrongful death claim against Murray in U.S. District Court last June 25. However, a judge declined to hear the case and said it should be brought in Superior Court. Johnson said he wants briefing on whether the case was refiled in Superior Court within the statute of limitations.

The complaint alleges Murray was negligent in administering propofol to Jackson and that he did not tell paramedics that he gave the singer the drug.

Joe Jackson's attorney, Brian Oxman, said he is considering adding additional defendants to the case.

He also told Johnson the suit may eventually be linked with a negligence case filed against AEG Live, the promoters of Michael Jackson's planned 2009 tour, by the singer's mother, Katherine Jackson.

If the two cases are linked, they would both be heard by Judge Yvette Palazuelos because Katherine Jackson's case is the oldest and it is currently assigned to that bench officer.

http://www.bhcourier.com/article/Lo...acksons_Lawyers_For_Wrongful_Death_Suit/75269

Didn't the judge ask for more information originally? This needs a lot of revision.

Judge Wants More Information From Joe Jackson's Lawyers For Wrongful Death Suit

A judge said today he wants more information from attorneys before deciding whether Joe Jackson can move forward with his wrongful death suit against cardiologist Conrad Murray over the death of his late pop star son, Michael Jackson.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Johnson issued a tentative decision Monday rejecting defense efforts to have the case dismissed.

After hearing arguments today, Johnson said he wants more information on whether the
current case was filed on time.

The lawsuit filed Nov. 30 seeks unspecified damages against Murray, who has pleaded not guilty in a separate criminal case in which he has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in the June 2009 death of the legendary singer.

In the suit, Joe Jackson names Las Vegas' Applied Pharmacy services, which court records show sold Murray propofol in the weeks before his son's death at age 50 that was attributed to acute propofol intoxication.

The pharmacy is alleged to have sold Murray excessive amounts of propofol, a drug typically used in a clinical setting during surgery.

Joe Jackson initially filed a wrongful death claim against Murray in U.S. District Court last June 25. However, a judge declined to hear the case and said it should be brought in Superior Court. Johnson said he wants briefing on whether the case was refiled in Superior Court within the statute of limitations.

The complaint alleges Murray was negligent in administering propofol to Jackson and that he did not tell paramedics that he gave the singer the drug.

Joe Jackson's attorney, Brian Oxman, said he is considering adding additional defendants to the case.

He also told Johnson the suit may eventually be linked with a negligence case filed against AEG Live, the promoters of Michael Jackson's planned 2009 tour, by the singer's mother, Katherine Jackson.

If the two cases are linked, they would both be heard by Judge Yvette Palazuelos because Katherine Jackson's case is the oldest and it is currently assigned to that bench officer.

http://www.bhcourier.com/article/Lo...acksons_Lawyers_For_Wrongful_Death_Suit/75269

:thinking:

Didn't the judge ask for more information originally? This needs a lot of revision.

what do you mean by originally?

This judge likes to lost his time and the money of the taxpayers of California...

LOL! I wonder how Katherine's legal team feels about Oxman making the "claim" that Joe's suit may eventually be linked with Katherine's AEG suit.

I know that anything is possible, that being said, I don't think Katherine's legal team want anything to do with Brian Oxman. LOL! I don't know, I just think the attorney's in California get a good laugh, anytime Oxman's name is mentioned.

Back