Nicki Minaj~**~

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Okay so I absolutely love love 'Your Love' from her. But her other songs are goood too. I can't wait to hear her next big hit. Who else likes Nicki Minaj??

I don't understand the hype behind this chick. She's so been there, done that. She's following a Lil' Kim paint by numbers kit. I'll personally be glad when she fades out, and she definitely will.

I don't understand the hype behind this chick. She's so been there, done that. She's following a Lil' Kim paint by numbers kit. I'll personally be glad when she fades out, and she definitely will.

You could say the same for everyone in the mainstream industry these days, though. I agree, Minaj is nothing special, but neither is anyone else at the moment, so we should just let her have her thing. I do like her style, though. Mainstream music is seldom special (the notable exceptions being revolutionary artists/bands like Elvis, the Beatles, Michael, Madonna, who brought something truly new to music) because it's about selling records, and not about art. Most of the true and talented artists steer clear from the mainstream for a reason, even if it means being less famous, and making less money. They do it to save their art. Mainstream artists, for the most part, sell out to the companies, which design them whichever way they like, for profit, and sing about the same things ad infinitum, in the same way, and that's why the lot of them are basically interchangeable and forgettable in the end.

dont like much the MV but i like the song especially the Chorus....luv it!...... ??

You know I never paid her much attention. I agree that she is basically redoing lil' kims looks etc. and I never really got what people are seeing in her.
I have to say though I think "Superbass" is a fun cute song and I find myself listening to it several times now.
So I don't really have a problem with her. (But I guess like I said I don't know that much about her to have a real opinion yet.)
I think the video is okay for the song. I like that it's simple, sometimes songs don't need big videos I think.

wait.. wait ...wait ... i got it (sarcastic)

lol...its cuz she's the best female mainstream rapper , shes better than most of the mainstream dude rappers too lol ..

(excluding left eye, lauren hill, and queen latifah)

Remy Ma - Shether

Seems like Nicki has been roasted on this new diss track

^ Hahaha ! Duran said "Seems like". I heard this track yesterday night. Remy is not f**king around. It's a shame Pun is dead. May he rest in peace. I would have loved to see his reaction. :)

Remy

^ Hahaha ! Duran said "Seems like". I heard this track yesterday night. Remy is not f**king around.
Looking at this whole mess, it's a good thing the internet and Twitter didn't exist during the heyday of James Brown & Joe Tex, Flo Ballard & Diana Ross, Wilson Pickett, etc. or when Paul McCartney & the other Beatles were feuding after their breakup. :hysterical:

^ Hahaha ! Duran said "Seems like". I heard this track yesterday night. Remy is not f**king around. It's a shame Pun is dead. May he rest in peace. I would have loved to see his reaction. :)

Nicki dissed her back.
I haven't taken the time to listen to any of the diss tracks tho, so I'm kinda out of the loop.
But when Remy dropped hers people were saying that Nicki should have just hopped in a coffin it went so hard, so IDK if Nicki should have responded at all.

3/20/2017 by Gary Trust Billboard

Minaj debuts with three tracks, upping her count to 76 career Hot 100 entries, besting the Queen of Soul's 73.

Nicki Minaj makes history on the Billboard Hot 100, as she passes Aretha Franklin for the most total appearances among women in the chart's 58-year history.

Minaj debuts three songs (on the Hot 100 dated April 1): "No Frauds," with Drake and Lil Wayne (No. 14), "Regret in Your Tears" (No. 61) and "Changed It," with Lil Wayne (No. 71). Minaj ups her count to 76 career Hot 100 entries, surpassing Franklin's career output of 73.

Franklin had held the mark for the most Hot 100 visits among women all to herself for nearly 40 years: from June 18, 1977 (when "Break It to Me Gently" debuted as her 54th appearance, lifting her ahead of the prior record-holder among women, Connie Francis) through March 11, 2017. Minaj matched Franklin at 73 charted titles apiece on the March 18 tally, when "Make Love," with Gucci Mane, debuted.

All three of Minaj's latest songs were released on March 10, and debut in the top 15 of the Digital Song Sales chart: "Frauds" flies in at No. 2 with 79,000 first-week downloads sold in the week ending March 16, according to Nielsen Music; "Regret" bows at No. 10 (39,000); and "Changed" enters at No. 13 (35,000). The tracks also sport first-week totals of 12.1 million, 4.4 million and 4.8 million U.S. streams, respectively, in the tracking week.

Here is an updated count of the female soloists with the most charted Hot 100 entries dating to the ranking's Aug. 4, 1958, inception (though the chart dated April 1).

Most Hot 100 Entries Among Women All-Time
76, Nicki Minaj
73, Aretha Franklin
70, Taylor Swift
58, Rihanna
57, Madonna
56, Dionne Warwick
54, Beyoncé
53, Connie Francis
48, Mariah Carey
48, Brenda Lee
43, Miley Cyrus
41, Barbra Streisand
40, Mary J. Blige
40, Janet Jackson
40, Diana Ross

In line with the collaborative style of hip-hop, Minaj has been credited as a lead artist on 32 of her Hot 100 entries and featured on 44. Franklin has boasted lead billing on all 73 of her Hot 100 hits (with much of her career predating years in which featured credits became common).

Minaj first hit the Hot 100 dated Feb. 20, 2010, as featured on Lil Wayne's No. 44-peaking "Knockout." She first charted as a lead with "Your Love," which reached No. 14 in August 2010. Minaj has achieved 13 top 10s, with 2014's No. 2 hit "Anaconda" her highest-charting.

Franklin's span on the Hot 100 stretches from 1961 to 1998. The legend has notched 17 top 10s, including the No. 1s "Respect" (two weeks on top, 1967) and "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)," with George Michael (two weeks, 1987).

Among all acts, the cast of Fox's Glee leads with 207 charted Hot 100 titles, followed by Lil Wayne (now up to 135) and Drake (up to 133). Minaj now holds ninth place among all acts for the most Hot 100 appearances, passing Ray Charles, who now ranks 10th with 75 visits.

^^ That's sickening & why chart stats are meaningless nowadays.

by Maiysha Kai | September 11, 2018 | The Grapevine
wrrq55ccxexfvmgy3mlt.jpg

When the shoe throw heard around the world took place at the now infamous Harper’s Bazaar “ICONS by Carine Roitfeld” party on Friday night, Kelly Rowland was a reluctant witness. In fact, several reports noted that the singer (and our personal all-time favorite of Destiny’s Children) had just posed for a picture with Nicki Minaj and La La Anthony in the moments prior to the altercation.

Rowland, who has been otherwise living her best, beautiful black life this New York Fashion Week, was none too pleased to see two of the biggest current stars in music engage in a public confrontation, telling E! News on Monday:

“I think in a time where Serena Williams is fighting for equality—I love both Nicki Minaj and Cardi B and I think that they are extremely talented—and in a time when she is fighting for women’s equality, we just can’t be fighting.”
“There’s no time for us as women to fight and they are just so talented and I just genuinely love them both so much, but it’s just not the time. We have way bigger issues as women, you know what I mean? So I don’t know. I’m in Switzerland, I don’t f—cking know,” she said.

Rowland’s sentiments echoed our own personal feelings—and those of many of our readers; some of whom were dismayed that we covered the melee at all (sorry guys, that’s unfortunately not how news works). Cardi B immediately made her feelings known subsequent to the incident, but Nicki stayed mum until Monday, when she told her side of the story on Queen Radio on Apple Music’s Beats 1.

The other night I was a part of something so mortifying and so humiliating to go through in front of bunch of upper echelon—and it’s not about white or black—it’s about upper echelon people who are you know people who have their lives together, the way they pass by looking at this disgusting commotion I will never forget. I was mortified. I was in [an] Alexandre Vauthier gown, okay, off the motherf*cking runway, okay, and I could not believe how humiliating it all felt because we—and I use we loosely and I’m going to clarify we—how we made ourselves look ...

So let me just go on record having said I would never talk about anyone’s child or parenting; I don’t care about anyone’s parenting. I don’t give a shit, and it’s so crazy to me that people always need to make Onika the bad guy. If you’re right in whatever you’re doing, you don’t ever have to make someone into the bad guy. Just speak your truth. When you have to say that I said or did something that you know I’ve never said or did—no clue [where that came from]. I just want to let the world know that Onika Tanya Maraj, would never—has never and will never speak ill of anyone’s child. I am not a clown. That’s clown shit. and the other thing that’s clown shit is telling the world that someone said something just so that you don’t feel f*cking dumb for looking dumb for doing dumb shit. You knew that when that footage came out you’s about to look f*cking dumb. ... I’m such an ill ass bitch I didn’t even feel the need to defend myself that night and say I didn’t say this, I didn’t do this…it’s all a bunch of lies.

Despite that data dump—and gathering some rather incriminating evidence about her nemesis to support her claims, Minaj then said, “I can’t discuss anything about it,” citing legal reasons (erm, okay). As for Cardi, TMZ reports that sources close to the entertainer wholeheartedly refute Nicki’s version of events, and say Cardi has no regrets about the altercation, saying she’d “do it again.”

Umm ... can we not, Ladies? Switzerland is lovely this time of year.
[video=youtube;PvrKEJ9hXvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvrKEJ9hXvI[/video]

Back