Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Might Become a Music School

rockstar

Proud Member

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Might Become a Music School get_comment_count({ container_id: "entry-111864", article_url: "http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/12/neverland_ranch.html" });

05_jackson_146x97.jpg

Colony Capital, the company that now owns Michael Jackson's famous former home, Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara, is developing a plan to turn the mansion into a private music institute, "similar to Julliard," TMZ reports. Jackson's ranch would become a campus where students "rich and poor" could learn to write and perform music, if Santa Barbara County and Jackson's estate sign off on it. Sources connected with the Jackson estate said, "It's an interesting idea and we'd be open to it." Get your applications ready. [TMZ]

here is link:http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/12/neverland_ranch.html?f=most-commented-24h-5

to be perfectly honest this would be something Michael would have loved. Sharing the gift of Music in his own home. this is definitely something Michael would approve of im more then sure of it. if they cant put it back the way Michael had it then this is the next best thing as long as there is something of Michael in that house.

This does sound like a wonderful idea. I just hope that if it does happen, they will make it good and it will become real legit and will be respected!

to be perfectly honest this would be something Michael would have loved. Sharing the gift of Music in his own home. this is definitely something Michael would approve of im more then sure of it. if they cant put it back the way Michael had it then this is the next best thing as long as there is something of Michael in that house.

Exactly, what better way to keep Michael's legacy alive then to turn his beloved Neverland into a Music School, I'm all for this one if it turns out to be true :)

I actually like this idea, as long as the "for the rich and the poor" thing is true. I think this should really be done to it, Michael would love it!

Sounds like a great idea. Though my initial wish was for Neverland to be returned to its former glory and purpose (which I doubt the Estate would support, since they seem to be interested in profitable and not charitable ventures), somehow this seems like something Michael might have approved.

It would be significantly better if such music classes were for free (or subsidised), and its purpose being to find and develop musical talents and to promote music overall. But unfortunately, this isn't a free world, and I doubt the parties involved are interested in being charitable.

I was against the idea at first, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. I think Michael would like it...

Yeah, this would definitely be a great idea :). Michael I think would certainly agree with this...

...except, I still think Neverland belongs to his children.

I like this idea. To be honest I don't know what they could have done with Neverland. Something like this reinforces all that Michael brought to music and how he changed it.

I love this idea. This is the way to go. MJ would love this. To turn Neverland into a school instead of a museum is a better tribute to MJ's legacy.

It would be great if it was an institute for excellence in music AND the performing arts including dance...and even art too. Michael was such a multifaceted 'renaissance' man that it would be good to reflect all his talents in an initiative like this.

And I wish that they would incorporate something 'environmental' into this too eg an exemplary place for promoting green intiatives. No reason at all why it couldn't do everything...Michael did!
And while we're about it, it would be nice to have a volunteer programme too..(eg for work on the estate, maintainance, cleaning etc..it would help with the cash side of things.)

I'm trying to like this but I just can't. A couple reports ago from TMZ they said the kids wanted it and blanket loved the main house and they wanted to open it for sick kids and fans and for themselves. Now they want to re-do the main house? This is where they were born and grew up with their dad for a long time. Let them decide. Let is sit like this until they can decide. I could care less if they kids owned it and just kept it for themselves forever, but don't turn it into a school and change it before they get a say...

I'm trying to like this but I just can't. A couple reports ago from TMZ they said the kids wanted it and blanket loved the main house and they wanted to open it for sick kids and fans and for themselves. Now they want to re-do the main house? This is where they were born and grew up with their dad for a long time. Let them decide. Let is sit like this until they can decide. I could care less if they kids owned it and just kept it for themselves forever, but don't turn it into a school and change it before they get a say...

I agree...what's the rush anyways? It's not going anywhere. Michael's kids should have a say in what they think should be done with it in...If that decision is in 15 years , then so be it..

I also don't like how people are trying to make decisions what should be done with Neverland when Michael's kids are around, and perhaps they know for sure what Michael intended to do with it...That should be respected IMO...I hope this media story that does not come to fruition. Honestly...there's no rush..it's been just over a year...let things develop..Nobody knows what the kids want..

What if the kids like the idea? We don't know what they want. I don't think anything has been decided. It just sounds like an idea.

I like it if open to all and no special treatment unless there is a handicap. I had thought about using it as a place for therapy for the ill and abuse child.

Our school systems are cutting music & art programs from the curriculum and denying the young their chance and the world some future artists.

Back