Reproduction of Michael Jackson's TII concert in Japan

qbee

Proud Member
This is why the TII crew was in Japan this week. A reproduction of Michael Jackson's TII concert
Thriller and Smoth criminal by THIS IS IT crew on Japanese TV show. The one and only time.

I believe they were doing promotion for the Michael album. That was an awesome performance
and reinactment. They didnt try to impersonate MJ either just gave a feel of what could have been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sclOSDpy_Ps

[youtube]sclOSDpy_Ps [/youtube]

Last edited:
it wud've been breathtaking.. i miss that feeling that only mike cud give me.. i feel a bit sad after watching this.. but thanks qbee good find :)

They did a great job. It just hurts really bad to see that done with no Michael.

EDIT: The TII lean was fantastic, I like the way Orianthi was featured also for the guitar solo.

Last edited:
I think it was more of a tribute, not so much a "how it would've looked". On Thriller there was no spider entrance, on Smooth Criminal Michael would've jumped on the stage outta nowere right after he was shown jumping out the window on the big screen and many other elements Michael had plans to incorporate.

It was a great tribute and the whole time i was hoping Michael would jump out outta nowere and start rocking it... but of course that's not possible! Great job Travis and the crew!

Last edited:
Really good work. Travis is an excellent dancer and seems to be really nice person. But him dancing in front of the dancers just makes me realize how unique Michael was. The performance was great, just its magic for me is gone.

I liked how they did the Ghost dance segment for Threatened

They did wonderful... but like u guys have said.. its him missing there :(

Somehow I am sad for this dancers. They worked so hard for This Is It and they will never have the feeling of performing with MJ in a sold-out concert.
But I am glad that they spread MJ's legacy in a good way.

Oh, that Thriller was pretty epic and the TII version of the lean, if MJ had done it - :O!

incredible!! Great job by all...MJ is smiling if he's not too busy dancing himself.

TII would have been the greatest show on earth.

incredible!! Great job by all...MJ is smiling if he's not too busy dancing himself.

TII would have been the greatest show on earth.

It really would have been. I wish things could have gone the other way... I really love the TII crew, they are so young, full of energy,love and passion for what they are doing. And Travis is so incredibly loyal to Michael. I am happy for them, they are doing what they love and what they were hoping so much for, although it is without their idol, I am sure he is proud.

You can see Timor with tears rolling down his face at the end during the interview :'(

I actually really liked it! Sort of saw how it could of looked with pyro and stuff...

could of did this on x factor or something in the uk....nice bit of promotion but sony obviously wasnt that fussed and wanted simons crew to do much better in the charts...

That was awesome. I can just imagine what MJ would have delivered to the performance.

Can you say.....PERFECTION!

thinking about it now wish they could of showed us dangerous, the one rehearsal i really wanted to see :(

I'm glad they paid tribute to Michael, but I just couldn't watch it. Started to, then clicked away. It just misses too much without him.

AndreyZidane™;3154976 said:
I think it was more of a tribute, not so much a "how it would've looked". On Thriller there was no spider entrance, on Smooth Criminal Michael would've jumped on the stage outta nowere right after he was shown jumping out the window on the big screen and many other elements Michael had plans to incorporate.

It was a great tribute and the whole time i was hoping Michael would jump out outta nowere and start rocking it... but of course that's not possible! Great job Travis and the crew!

Nah, during Thriller/Threatened, a lot of the moves that the dancers performed, Michael was marking them on the raising platform in TII. Which leads me to believe a lot of this was the actual choreography.

And is Japan really Michael's biggest market?

oh man, why did I watch... crying again... this would have been the greatest show on Earth. I hate it that life is so unfair...

I want Murray to burn in hell

GREAT TRIBUTE to Michael! I had tears in ny eyes and a lump in my throat thinking what would have been the BEST and GREATEST concert tour EVER!!

I wathched on TV on 24th Dec.TII dancers performed on 23rd for first aird TII on terrestrial broadcasting in Japan.
Dancers also performed 4 times,2 at Shibuya-AX live theater,2 times at NTV(Nihon television)studio,but those were not aired.They performed about 1 hour on each stages as TII set list.We japanease MJ fan were very excited to be aird those performances on TV but it wasn't.
This reproduction you could watch was kind of trailer for TII on terrestrial broadcasting.
But those were the christmas gift from MJ for us,I believe.
Have a happy christmas and new year.

I wathched on TV on 24th Dec.TII dancers performed on 23rd for first aird TII on terrestrial broadcasting in Japan.
Dancers also performed 4 times,2 at Shibuya-AX live theater,2 times at NTV(Nihon television)studio,but those were not aired.They performed about 1 hour on each stages as TII set list.We japanease MJ fan were very excited to be aird those performances on TV but it wasn't.
This reproduction you could watch was kind of trailer for TII on terrestrial broadcasting.
But those were the christmas gift from MJ for us,I believe.
Have a happy christmas and new year.

are you saying they performed more than 2 songs?

Back