Songs written and reccorded during the Dangerous Sessions.

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Blood On The Dancefloor
Someone Put Your Hand Out (Originally Someone put your hands down from the bad sessions)
Superfly Sister
Men In Black (Heartbreaker Demo?)
They Dont Care About Us
What About Us (Earth Song)
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
Work That Body
Serious Effect
Ill be there (Adult Version)
For All Time
If You Dont Love Me
Bumper Snippet ( I never understood this song, is it a full song or just a snippet?)
Monkey Bussiness
Bottle Of Smoke
She Got it
Strawberry fields forever

Are there any other songs know to have been written and reccorded during the dangerous sessions? I Know Little susie was supposedly reccorded for dangerous but got cut.

Last edited:
thank you great news :)i havent heard of bottle of smoke :no:have you got a link to it or not?:unsure:

^^ Hey! there was a low quality snippet on youtube titled '' Bottle Of Smoke '' but it was hollywood tonight! And by the sound of it it sounded kinda diffrent than the one in the
''Michael'' Album. So either it was just misslabeled or Bottle Of Smoke actully is Hollywood Tonight in its original form..

Where did you get that information?

Where did you get that information?

There were this guy in another forum who purchased the promo flight cd that was sold in ebay a couple of years ago (2008) he posted pictures off the cd and told about the tracks (I have the pictures but idk how to upload them here).
He said too much monkey business was basiclly monkey bussiness withouth the intro wiith the animals.

Black and white was just an early version of black and white withouht the rap and just a heave guitar instead.

Men in black he said it was a kinda uptempo song and was very similar to heartbreaker, and he said he thinks that this was the demo for heartbreaker.

It could very well be, considering michael wrote and reccorded cry for either the dangerous or bad album and it ended up on invincible (Mexico Deposition)

There were this guy in another forum who purchased the promo flight cd that was sold in ebay a couple of years ago (2008) he posted pictures off the cd and told about the tracks (I have the pictures but idk how to upload them here).
He said too much monkey business was basiclly monkey bussiness withouth the intro wiith the animals.

Black and white was just an early version of black and white withouht the rap and just a heave guitar instead.

Men in black he said it was a kinda uptempo song and was very similar to heartbreaker, and he said he thinks that this was the demo for heartbreaker.

It could very well be, considering michael wrote and reccorded cry for either the dangerous or bad album and it ended up on invincible (Mexico Deposition)

There are 2 songs with the same name Cry, one is written by Michael Jackson and remains unreleased and the other is written by R Kelly and it is released on Invincible, but those are two completly different songs. Men In Black and Heartbreaker are both written my Michael so that can be true but I don't think it is a Demo version, but it could be similar like (Streetwalker evolved in Dangerous, or Chicago 1945 evolved in Smooth Criminal). Looking forward to hear Men In Black on the future releases.

There are 2 songs with the same name Cry, one is written by Michael Jackson and remains unreleased and the other is written by R Kelly and it is released on Invincible, but those are two completly different songs. Men In Black and Heartbreaker are both written my Michael so that can be true but I don't think it is a Demo version, but it could be similar like (Streetwalker evolved in Dangerous, or Chicago 1945 evolved in Smooth Criminal). Looking forward to hear Men In Black on the future releases.

Oh yeah youre right about those cry songs.. but yeah that wouldent be the first time, hot fever evovled into the way you make me feel also.

Something i dont quite understand is why we havent heard men in black yet. I Mean that was suppose to be the lead single on the decade album but then the project got scrapped and turned into dangerous and the song was scrapped completley. The title alone ''Men In Black'' sounds intruging!

Last edited:
Before meeting Teddy Riley Michael worked extensively with Bryan Loren. They wrote and recorded 20-25 songs together for Decade or Dangerous album but ultimately not one of them appeared on Dangerous. That is fascinating to me.

Some of the tracks from that sessions are: Mind Is The Magic, Seven Digits, Stay, Superfly Sister, To Satisfy You, Work That Body.

Last edited:
Ghosts is not from the Dangerous sessions.

Song is written by Michael with Teddy Riley, developed after Michael was asked to write the theme to a new Addams Family film. He ultimately declined, and instead wrote his own short film (which became Ghosts), including the song he originally wrote for the film, Is It Scary. Failed to make the final selection for Michael’s HISTORY album.

Source: For The Record

OnirMJ;3214993 said:

Song is written by Michael with Teddy Riley, developed after Michael was asked to write the theme to a new Addams Family film. He ultimately declined, and instead wrote his own short film (which became Ghosts), including the song he originally wrote for the film, Is It Scary. Failed to make the final selection for Michael’s HISTORY album.

Wait i think it was bill botrell that said in another forum that ghost was worked on in 1990 by teddy riley. i will try to find and quote.
but that could be very well true. and yeah bill botrell explained why most of his tracks were cut, he told that first dangerous was heading to a whole diffrent direction then when teddy riley came in the picture it went to another direction. He said the only song he was suprised that didint make the cut were what about us.

Hmmm, Man In Black sounds suspicious to me. If it was an early demo which it could have been, Michael would have got a lot of the writing credit but he didn't.

Heartbreaker Writers: Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels, Mischke Butler, Norman Gregg.

Soooo from that, looks very unlikely.

^^ Hey! there was a low quality snippet on youtube titled '' Bottle Of Smoke '' but it was hollywood tonight! And by the sound of it it sounded kinda diffrent than the one in the
''Michael'' Album. So either it was just misslabeled or Bottle Of Smoke actully is Hollywood Tonight in its original form..

how is that possible? because hollywood tonight is written in the invincible area not in the dangerous one?

Are you referring to the Dangerous Era, 1991-1994 or the Dangerous sessions, where he was writing/recording songs for the album? He wrote Stranger in Moscow while on the Dangerous tour if that counts ;)

Are you referring to the Dangerous Era, 1991-1994 or the Dangerous sessions, where he was writing/recording songs for the album? He wrote Stranger in Moscow while on the Dangerous tour if that counts ;)

I meant just the dangerous sessions;P:D

OnirMJ;3214993 said:

'' Morphine, Scary, and Ghost are the songs we worked on during HIStory. Ghost was a rework from Dangerous as Teddy started the track, and Rene Moore worked on it quite a bit with Bruce and me during the fall of '95. I vaguely remember the title "demerol", and it may have turned into "morphine". We started on the Blood songs again right after finishing the Ghost short film. The sessions just rolled into each other. I pulled out a bit before the end in the fall of '96. Eddie, Andrew, and a couple other engineers finished the tracks with Michael. As far as I can tell the songs did not change much from the time that I left and the release of the record. Nothing stands out from the Morphine sessions except some extremely long and very loud listening sessions. It's obviously influenced by NIN, which I've mentioned before in this thread. ''

I Quoted this from another forum, this is from a guy called Rob Disner, who worked with Michael on History and Invincinble i think.

im kinda glad that superfly sister, botdf wasnt on Dangerous. I dont think the world is ready for those kinds of songs during the dangerous era. They worked well for the later year.

im kinda glad that superfly sister, botdf wasnt on Dangerous. I dont think the world is ready for those kinds of songs during the dangerous era. They worked well for the later year.

IMO i think atleast botdf and what about would have worked well on dangerous. Michael made dangerous, she drives me wild, cant let her get away to work. he could have easily repleaced Cant let her get away with botdf or what about us. but yeah it worked for the later years so thats great! One thing i dont understand is why didint michael put Botdf, morphone, ghost or is it scary on the history album?! even tho the history album already is a classic, if you put these songs in the album, HIStory would be an instant classic.

What about "Stay" (Michael Jackson, Bryan Loren) it was written in 1988 and its supposedly one of the many songs Michael was working on with Bryan Loren (including "She Got It" and "Work That Body") or "Satisfy You" which Michael recoreded but didn't really fancy it si he gave it to Bryan Loren which is also credited as a co- writter for the song.

Or what about "Throwin' Your Life Away" which was also written by Michael in 1998.

I cant think of any others, However LL Cool J, did say on the George Lopez show that he worked on "A few songs" with Michael during the Dangerous sessions, So maybe their are more we're not aware of. I created a thread on MaxJax, that lists all the song titles mentioned at the 1993 deposition, maybe some of them are also from the Dangerous Sessions, but he didn't state the date most of the songs were created...

Back