does anyone family think they are obsessed/irrational about MJ and the case?

angelofhope

Proud Member
Had a convo with mum and dad today they think it is very strange I am upset over the death over someone I didn't know and even weirder how I dread tommorow?
Anyone the same?

We all loved Michael:yes::wub: so of course we are going to be supporting mj:D My family understand because I have been a big fan all my life:yes:

i,ve been a fan since i was a kid,my family don,t understand any of the way i feel,i get all the over fanatical stuff and more,thats another thing,i know people can never understand how you can love someone you never met,but when you grew up and learnt everything there is to know abut that person,you feel as if you know them,i feel as if i knew michael,i know how you feel angelofinnocence,

Had a convo with mum and dad today they think it is very strange I am upset over the death over someone I didn't know and even weirder how I dread tommorow?
Anyone the same?

Hi.
I can understand how you must feel.
If you ever have a talk with them about it again, try explaining to them that You're a big admirer of his music & dance. That you're a big admirer of his humanitarian efforts. That you're a big admirer of the person that he is and that, who wouldn't want to admire someone like that. Then explain how in this world we live in today we need more people like Michael Jackson to look to and that is why you are sad about court. Because of the great person he was...the great & good things that he did for people across the globe..and how he wanted to make the world a better place through his art. How he gave money to the people in need. How he was famous,yet humble.. Then say.. why wouldn't one be sad about a person like this getting 'stoned' in his death and that he was a victim..and that all of this teaches you through Michael about the way the world works at times and you are practicing your morals and standing up for convictions that's fused between you and Michael,as well as many,many people in the world.
I hope that made sense to you and helped some.
:hug:

Oh gosh, yeah the same here! The first day of Christmas was very hard for me. Had to listen to their stupid comments all day. And at the end of the day I snapped back at them! :mat: No, I didn't really enjoy Christmas... :no: *sigh*
Hugs for everyone here! :group:

No use in trying to persuade anyone. I have learned that the hard way over the years! Don't show your emotions pertaining to Michael to anyone except to people who feel the same way and can understand you. Because it will hurt more and more. Express your feelings to the fellow fans. We are a different "society" here!

Sometimes holding your emotion inside can cause even more hurt. When the time is right for each individual, and you feel that need - or in a situation where have to get it out, express yourself - stand up and say how you feel & think. You can always state your view point in an assertive way. This allows one to say how they feel & think without hurting others or yourself as well as getting your point of view across clearly and in a nice way,too. one ends up feeling a lot better after getting this 'off their chest'.

:wub:
souldreamer7

Well... I live faaaar away from my home now, and I just talk with my family daily over Skype. I have done my best to not show my feelings about this whole mess, but they do come to me with questions and remarks about it. They respect Michael as a person and as an artist, but they are not fans and they have told me more than once that I am too deep in my "Michael Jackson thing". However, I am relieved to say they respect my pain and totally share my anger and frustration, especially after hearing the accounts of the first days.

They are just as shocked and horrified as any one of us. But seriously... ANY decent person should be horrify. This is beyond any reason and logic.

^^This is what I was speaking about. That any decent person would be upset about what happened to Michael. :agree:

^^This is what I was speaking about. That any decent person would be upset about what happened to Michael. :agree:

of course!
Let's just try to imagine for a moment it was not Michael Jackson, but our brother, one of our friends or simply any other human being in the hands of this CM guy.... wouldn't we feel shocked and wouldn't we demand justice and the licence of that doctor to be taken away?

It is not only that we love Michael so much. It is pure and basic decency and common sense. Imagine this was done to, say... The president of any country :bugeyed Or to Mr. Nelson Mandela! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed Or to Bono!!! To Prince William, to the guy next door, to anyone!! Would anyone consider CM "not guilty"?

:doh:

of course!
Let's just try to imagine for a moment it was not Michael Jackson, but our brother, one of our friends or simply any other human being in the hands of this CM guy.... wouldn't we feel shocked and wouldn't we demand justice and the licence of that doctor to be taken away?

It is not only that we love Michael so much. It is pure and basic decency and common sense. Imagine this was done to, say... The president of any country :bugeyed Or to Mr. Nelson Mandela! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed Or to Bono!!! To Prince William, to the guy next door, to anyone!! Would anyone consider CM "not guilty"?

:doh:

:agree: I agree with you yet again. We as humans have to remember just that, we're all human and when something horrible happens to another human and we know that it is wrong we as humans feel it and we know it.. like you've stated.. we want to bring justice,the truth out we feel bad for the person whose been so obviously treated wrongly and we speak our feelings. We would not want a 'doctor' like CM to treat or consider him after finding what has been done to another to have acess to anyone - we wouldn't want no one to suffer again.

:wub:
souldreamer7

i was watching a show about John Lennon and one of John Lennons friends was saying that 80% of his music was all him. He said that those fans that felt they knew JL did because he was in his music.
I know this applies to Michael as well. He put his soul into his music and that is what we feel when we listen to his music. I don't care what anybody says because we did know him or our souls knew him and now we miss him with all of our hearts.
I am sorry I am having trouble putting this into words but just because we never physically met Michael doesn't mean we didn't know him. They say on some level we are all connected and I swear on the day he left us I felt it. I still do:(

Anyone the same?

No, you're not alone.... I get this too - from my parents and my husband. They don't understand and (hubby in particular) gets pretty sick of me talking about Michael so I just stop talking about him (which is probably why I spend so much time online with other fans - they understand).

No, you're not alone.... I get this too - from my parents and my husband. They don't understand and (hubby in particular) gets pretty sick of me talking about Michael so I just stop talking about him (which is probably why I spend so much time online with other fans - they understand).
this is the way it is with me too..hubby feels bad that Michael passed away..but he cannot understand the loss that I am feeling...the 1st day of the prelim he caught me crying..he said...you didn't even know him why are you crying...dont get so upset. I told him then...I said...You know I have been a MJ fan for a VERY long time...you knew when you met me I was 15 at the time and I was a fan then...I am now 43...and I was a fan BEFORE I even knew hubby...but anyway..I told him that Michael was a big part of who I am...he always will be..the world seems so much quieter now that Michael is gone...it feels like the universe is unbalanced. He said well you have to let him go and let him rest in peace.. Hubby doesn't get it..:(

I post a lot of stuff on Facebook about Michael and I think people wonder why his death has affected me so deeply. It's been almost 2 years and I'm still not really over it. Death is so permanent. So when I see family members, some who also grew up with his music or knew of him since he was a child, acting so cavalierly about his death it makes no sense to me. I mean, I'm sure they were saddened by his death to an extent but they just moved on. But me, I cannot forget him or how he died.

Started back working Really helps 2 get my mind off of the hearing. Like hearing the details and stuff, AND knowing the Trial is going 2 be REAL Hard when that time comes.

Back