DO NOT, let the charges be raised!

larry141094

Proud Member
Do Not Raise The Charges!

To all who wonder if i'm a true fan at all, let me explain.
I am currently doing Law in University, and the topic the entire class is studying is US Law, and guess what case we're following? Yep, thats right the Conrad Murray case.

Now our lecturer has been in law over 21 years before he became a lecturer at the University. And this is what happened just before the term ended last year,
The class was debating about whether the charges on Dr Murray were sufficient, and whether Voluntary Manslaughter or even 2nd Degree Murder was applicable, eventually we got into a full out brawl, all the girls were saying "He deserves murder, it's justice!" and the guys were mostly sitting on the fence.

Mr Barry (the lecturer) stepped forward and put it like this.

1. What evidence do they actually have? Honestly they have testimony and an Autopsy report... that's it, they also raided Murray's offices and found vials of Propofol there too.

2. The prosecution must now, with the evidence prove without reasonable doubt one of the following...

a. That Dr Murray did not INTEND to harm Mr Jackson in any way and that he through his actions unknowingly killed Mr Jackson

I agree. It would be VERY hard to prove it was INTENTIONAL. And I'd much rather have Murray go to jail for at least 2-4 years than none at all, and with the evidence they have and with the Involuntary Manslaughter charge there is a good chance for it. With murder it would be a gamble...and most likely he'd walk free.

As much as I'd want Murray to go jail for LIFE....I have to agree that Involuntary Manslaughter is the only charge you have a chance of nailing him with. Unless new evidence comes up and it can be shown he planned it and intended to kill MJ.

i agree, it is hard to proove intent,but when you let a patient under anesthesia alone it is kind of voluntary...as a doctor you know what is going to happen,the man will stop breathing...and when you do CPR with one hand on a soft bed you know you live that person to die...a conspiration is imposible to proove but that Murray did all the medical procedures backwards it's clear and it was a voluntary act!

i agree, it is hard to proove intent,but when you let a patient under anesthesia alone it is kind of voluntary...as a doctor you know what is going to happen,the man will stop breathing...and when you do CPR with one hand on a soft bed you know you live that person to die...a conspiration is imposible to proove but that Murray did all the medical procedures backwards it's clear and it was a voluntary act!

Lets pretend for a second that i'm murray's lawyer... i can simply say "My client never administered a fatal dose of any drug to Mr Jackson, and i can say that with certainty because he had being doing so for 6 weeks, but don't just take my word for it, what motive is there for letting harm come to Mr Jackson? Hmm? is there any motive at all? No, there isn't, so if their's no motive, and prior medical incidents with Mr Jackson were at 0, then how can it be that this was done purposely? All you have to ask is what would you have done in a high stress situation? People's judgment is impaired, and my client rushed to save Mr Jackson, he wasen't thinking about procedure, it's a typical human response".

It would be interesting to hear Gaz and the mods opinion as they are backing the petition before more people give their signature. Personally I signed it thinking a higher charge would be acceptable but it would be good to have this discussion if employing a higher charge would cause more damage. I'm sure there are more people sat seeing all this unfolding and wondering what the best thing to do is, when all they want to do is ensure that justice if done for Michael.

but second degree murder has two definitions. the first one is an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" and the second one is a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life which is exactly what happened.

but second degree murder has two definitions. the first one is an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion" and the second one is a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life which is exactly what happened.

Exactly. With Involuntary Manslaughter, it's possible Murray would serve no jail-time at all, and that is wholly unacceptable! If giving the propofol in Michael's HOUSE, with no cardiac rescue equipment and no additional staffing, at all, isn't "dangerous conduct," I can't imagine what would be? The lack of concern for human life is obvious from the testimony, in many, many instances already. Personally, I've read debates on this issue in various threads here, for MONTHS, now. What's different now is the consistency (and horror. . .) of the testimony, all painting the same picture of "obvious lack of concern for human life." No one has to sign the petition if they don't want to, but for those of us who do sign, this is time-sensitive and will be delivered to the DA.

I don't exactly know where that's coming from, but for Murder 2, you do NOT have to prove "malice." An example would be a drunk driver who causes fatalities in a car accident, who could be charged with murder 2. In my own region, they just jailed someone for FORTY YEARS for doing that same thing, under Murder 2. (there was no "malice" there -- the person was just driving DRUNK!) The charge in that case depends on the degree of "reckless behavior," and the severity of the accident. An increased charge is a risk well worth taking, rather than seeing Murray on a beach somewhere with no jail time at ALL! If you don't think it's a risk worth taking, then simply do not sign. It's unstoppable now anyway. Up to nearly four hundred signatures (as of 8 p.m. EST U.S., Friday) and increasing by two or three signature per SECOND, so I guess there are already a lot of people who agree with this action?

Gaz has read ALL the MJAN materials, and has given this project his full support.

Last edited:
I'd just say no one has to sign if they don't want to, and do your OWN research if you want. As of right now, there are four-hundred twenty people who would disagree with you, and the number is growing exponentially.

You do realize, right, that it's possible for a judge to instruct a jury to choose between charges, i.e. Involuntary Manslaughter or Murder 2? It doesn't have to be either/or. With Involuntary Manslaughter, it's possible that Murray would not spend a day behind bars. That is not a risk most people are willing to take.

Here is Gaz's (the owner of this board) statement on this issue.

"Guys we need to do more than spread this, I officially commit MJJC and its resourses to this effort

Well done guys.

I will be regularly tweeted/facebooked

Lets do what we can to get this out there for all fans.
"

Exactly. With Involuntary Manslaughter, it's possible Murray would serve no jail-time at all, and that is wholly unacceptable! If giving the propofol in Michael's HOUSE, with no cardiac rescue equipment and no additional staffing, at all, isn't "dangerous conduct," I can't imagine what would be? The lack of concern for human life is obvious from the testimony, in many, many instances already. Personally, I've read debates on this issue in various threads here, for MONTHS, now. What's different now is the consistency (and horror. . .) of the testimony, all painting the same picture of "obvious lack of concern for human life." No one has to sign the petition if they don't want to, but for those of us who do sign, this is time-sensitive and will be delivered to the DA.

I don't exactly know where that's coming from, but for Murder 2, you do NOT have to prove "malice." An example would be a drunk driver who causes fatalities in a car accident, who could be charged with murder 2. In my own region, they just jailed someone for FORTY YEARS for doing that same thing, under Murder 2. (there was no "malice" there -- the person was just driving DRUNK!) The charge in that case depends on the degree of "reckless behavior," and the severity of the accident. An increased charge is a risk well worth taking, rather than seeing Murray on a beach somewhere with no jail time at ALL! If you don't think it's a risk worth taking, then simply do not sign. It's unstoppable now anyway. Up to nearly four hundred signatures (as of 8 p.m. EST U.S., Friday) and increasing by two or three signature per SECOND, so I guess there are already a lot of people who agree with this action?

Gaz has read ALL the MJAN materials, and has given this project his full support.

No... uhh, i don't know where you got that, but even in California 2nd Degree Murder is classified as "Murder of the second degree is similar to murder of the first degree, except the element of premeditation does not have to be proven. All that is required is subjective awareness on the part of the defendant that his conduct is dangerous to human life. Second degree murder is such a killing without premeditation, as in the heat of passion or in a sudden quarrel or fight.

Malice in second degree murder may be implied from a death due to the reckless lack of concern for the life of others (such as firing a gun into a crowd or bashing someone with any deadly weapon). Under California law, the penalty for second-degree murder is life imprisonment without the possibility of parole."

Now even without that, proving it in court would be nearly impossible, and as i stated in order to convict there needs to be a clear motive, and there isen't one, i think you guys need to think about what your doing :/

As of right now, there are four-hundred twenty people who would disagree with you, and the number is growing exponentially.

Now that's not very fair. Those people who signed WANT the charges raised. I WANT the charges raised too, but I don't know if that is wise based on what Thomas Mesereau, and other experts have said.

I can't ignore the expertise of someone who was named 'Criminal Lawyer of The Year' and has plenty of experience & knowledge about these things.

[youtube]giQScpYtjg0[/youtube]

Now that's not very fair. Those people who signed WANT the charges raised. I WANT the charges raised too, but I don't know if that is wise based on what Thomas Mesereau, and other experts have said.

I can't ignore the expertise of someone who was named 'Criminal Lawyer of The Year' and has plenty of experience & knowledge about these things.

Interesting. Thanks for posting.
I'm not really sure what to think regarding this, since I'm not really familiar with the us legal system. All I know that I want justice for Michael. The judge will decide whether to change the charge or not. Everyday we hear new testimonies that only prove Murray is a liar and he's trying to hide something..I hope that truth will prevail soon for the sake of Michael in his family. I want to see Murray behind bars for a long time. He's a criminal.
I would also like to know what Thomas Mesereau has to say NOW about this, since the interview is old. Maybe it is possible after all to change the charge.

Last edited:
Personally I don't think they will raise the charge to Murder 2 (although I do think he showed a blatant disregard for human life as he dosed Michael up then spent hours on the phone. He also clearly knew he'd done wrong because he spent ages trying to hide the evidence & lying to medical staff) but they could add secondary charges surely? Concealing evidence? Obstruction? IM is definately not a suitable charge for this man.

Personally I don't think they will raise the charge to Murder 2 (although I do think he showed a blatant disregard for human life as he dosed Michael up then spent hours on the phone. He also clearly knew he'd done wrong because he spent ages trying to hide the evidence & lying to medical staff) but they could add secondary charges surely? Concealing evidence? Obstruction? IM is definately not a suitable charge for this man.

Im surprised he WASN'T charged with these, but very good point

Mez gave this interview almost a year ago. With the revelations made over the last few days in the prelim, the evidence against Murray has been stacking up by the second. I think if Mez was re-interviewed his opinions may have changed significantly...

Mez gave this interview almost a year ago. With the revelations made over the last few days in the prelim, the evidence against Murray has been stacking up by the second. I think if Mez was re-interviewed his opinions may have changed significantly...

Exactly. I thought it was not possible to increase the charges. With the latest revelations, second degree murder is mandatory.

Larry, I have spoken to my friend who is an attorney as well and when she was in class, she said this case was something that they were watching very closely (She said she could guarantee that many schools and lawyers were watching this case very closely).

With second degree murder, there does not have to be intent if the actions they took was such a reckless disregard for life that the known outcome would have to be death.

By having the charges raised, it does not mean that they cannot offer IM as an option. But the jury should at least be given the option to have 2nd degree murder. They can charge with the higher and offer IM as well. And, I think this is what needs to happen, personally.

Autumn is correct. Everyone needs to do their own research. I know I have looked at many things and asked many people for their opinion. I was skeptical about how things actually took place. But now as I see testimony from the prelim I am becoming more and more convinced of what I actually think happened, and I am more and more confident in 2nd degree murder.

Larry, I wonder if your class would have a different conclusion if they had heard the actual testimony from the people involved as opposed to relying on tabloids and the autopsy since you said this occurred last term? Last year we didn't have much more than this to go on. As of now, things are becoming clearer.

as fot T-Mez' opinion, I value it very much and would like to hear what he has to say about the case after all the testimonies what we heard already.

Ok... I am seriously concerned now :mello:

Larry I appreciate your input but in view of the first 3 days of hearing I absolutely believe 2nd degree murder is more apropriate now, even with all Chernoffs shrewdness I believe he will not have such an easy ride.

Larry, I have spoken to my friend who is an attorney as well and when she was in class, she said this case was something that they were watching very closely (She said she could guarantee that many schools and lawyers were watching this case very closely).

With second degree murder, there does not have to be intent if the actions they took was such a reckless disregard for life that the known outcome would have to be death.

By having the charges raised, it does not mean that they cannot offer IM as an option. But the jury should at least be given the option to have 2nd degree murder. They can charge with the higher and offer IM as well. And, I think this is what needs to happen, personally.

Autumn is correct. Everyone needs to do their own research. I know I have looked at many things and asked many people for their opinion. I was skeptical about how things actually took place. But now as I see testimony from the prelim I am becoming more and more convinced of what I actually think happened, and I am more and more confident in 2nd degree murder.

Larry, I wonder if your class would have a different conclusion if they had heard the actual testimony from the people involved as opposed to relying on tabloids and the autopsy since you said this occurred last term? Last year we didn't have much more than this to go on. As of now, things are becoming clearer.

This is correct. Please all know that the M.J.A.N. folks did careful legal research, and have a lot of resources, before we launched this action. If anyone remains uncertain, they are free to do their own research, of course.

What is DIFFERENT now from discussions before the trial is the nature of the testimony, which is far, far worse for Murray than anticipated. Now, people are not just running their mouths to tabloids or going on rumor, but must swear to tell the truth, with penalties if they do not. The testimonies are forming a pattern of not only negligence, but lead to a conclusion of extreme recklessness and disregard for human life. In just ONE example out of many, it has been testified that Murray was on the PHONE in the ambulance taking Michael to the hospital! (and no, he wasn't talking to hospital personnel). He was the physician in charge, and such behavior is, quite frankly, unheard of in the medical profession!

In terms of FACTS, I'll review:

1. "Intent" is NOT a neccessary component of Murder 2. Saying otherwise can be misleading.

2. The judge may offer the jury a CHOICE of charges, i.e. Involuntary Manslaughter OR Murder 2. And I agree, this is what should happen. Let the jury decide. . . But without Murder 2 on the table, they have no choice but I.M.

3. A lot of the attorneys' opinions on media came BEFORE testimony had actually started. Our own legal research points directly to Murder 2.

And finally, thanks to all who signed! Already we have over seven-hundred signatures, which show that there are others who feel, as well, that the charges were not sufficient.

Everyone here is free to choose, but it's best to operate from a basis of fact as to what raising the charges actually means, and what the process really is in terms of a jury.

Honestly, that interview wasn't exactly done yesterday. He referred a lot to other cases- Simpson, Blake etc. He barely spoke about this case except for saying that the DA needs to be careful what they charge- which we can all agree with to be a true statement.

However, this interview does not reflect at all the testimony given in only 3 days of this Preliminary Hearing. That quoted interview does not reflect the current emerging evidence.

And just 3 days ago Mr.Mesereau dared to call Conrad Murray "a guilty client'. For somebody as cautious and balanced as Mr.Mesereau to be calling someone guilty takes a lot. Mr.Mesereau refused in earlier interview to be speculating about Conrad Murray 'without having looked into the evidence'- apparently he has done so and adjusted his view that he felt comfortable to call Murray guilty.

You have to see this interview in relation to the evidence known at the time- Mr.Mesereau gave an interview a while ago and was simply answering the question based on his knowledge at the time that interview was given.

His knowledge of the evidence and this case might have changed- and all he stated is that the DA needs to be careful when charging Second Degree Murder- which is kind of a universal statement that applies to any and all Murder Charges- which is a wise thing to say on camera.

Another fairly universal statement is the caution to be 'overcharging cases'.
These are fairly wide blanket statements made to avoid specifics when no specifics where either known or talked about, as in that interview. They are general statements.

So I wouldn't freak out over an interview that was given quite a while ago and based on the facts of the time when the interview was taped.

He spoke in very general terms which is a wise things to do because the last thing you want to do is get on camera and speculate about details that are not known at the time.

It's a short TV interview and that's about it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

161593_100001058436826_2730482_n.jpg

Help render Lady Justice blind- Sign this petition and help raise the charges to their appropriate level!

Last edited:
I always believed this is a second degree murder even before we heard the testimony. Propofol was not a controlled substance so Murray did not break any laws giving it, but there were instructions written on every vial provided by the manufacturer. He did not follow the 'book' when administering something as powerful as propofol. So he did engage in a dangerous conduct. Being on the phone all the time was evidence of great disregard to human life. Claiming MJ was still alive until he reached the hospital yet he delayed calling 911 was great disregard to human life.

There is more than enough evidence to prove a second degree murder.

Last edited:

This.

Honestly, that interview wasn't exactly done yesterday. He referred a lot to other cases- Simpson, Blake etc. He barely spoke about this case except for saying that the DA needs to be careful what they charge- which we can all agree with to be a true statement.

However, this interview does not reflect at all the testimony given in only 3 days of this Preliminary Hearing. That quoted interview does not reflect the current emerging evidence.

And just 3 days ago Mr.Mesereau dared to call Conrad Murray "a guilty client'. For somebody as cautious and balanced as Mr.Mesereau to be calling someone guilty takes a lot. Mr.Mesereau refused in earlier interview to be speculating about Conrad Murray 'without having looked into the evidence'- apparently he has done so and adjusted his view that he felt comfortable to call Murray guilty.

You have to see this interview in relation to the evidence known at the time- Mr.Mesereau gave an interview a while ago and was simply answering the question based on his knowledge at the time that interview was given.

His knowledge of the evidence and this case might have changed- and all he stated is that the DA needs to be careful when charging Second Degree Murder- which is kind of a universal statement that applies to any and all Murder Charges- which is a wise thing to say on camera.

Another fairly universal statement is the caution to be 'overcharging cases'.
These are fairly wide blanket statements made to avoid specifics when no specifics where either known or talked about, as in that interview. They are general statements.

So I wouldn't freak out over an interview that was given quite a while ago and based on the facts of the time when the interview was taped.

He spoke in very general terms which is a wise things to do because the last thing you want to do is get on camera and speculate about details that are not known at the time.

It's a short TV interview and that's about it.

And this.

:agree:

Well a lot of what has been said in the prelim we had heard before & lots of us thought the charges should be raised to Murder 2 back then, as did some family members... I think there was even a phone campaign by fans to call the DA office.

Perhaps you are right, I wonder if we can hear Mesereau's opinion now...anyone have his contact details?...would he talk to us?

I just don't want Murray to walk away with nothing..

Well a lot of what has been said in the prelim we had heard before & lots of us thought the charges should be raised to Murder 2 back then, as did some family members... I think there was even a phone campaign by fans to call the DA office.

Perhaps you are right, I wonder if we can hear Mesereau's opinion now...anyone have his contact details?...would he talk to us?

I just don't want Murray to walk away with nothing..

NOBODY here wants Murray to "walk away with nothing," . . I hope. But allowing the jury a CHOICE of Involuntary Manslaughter or Murder 2 seems more than reasonable. That is the likely outcome, if the petition is taken seriously. We now have more than 800 signatures, and climbing. Also note, this campaign began only AFTER the prelim began, and the horrors of the testimonies became clear.

Here's how it goes. If Murray is tried on I.M. and convicted, a prison sentence is NOT mandatory. He could indeed be on a beach, sipping a colorful drink with an umbrella in it! That is too great a risk for 800 people, thus far, to take. OR, if charged with Murder 2, the jury can have the option of reducing it to I.M. With the same result. If the jury does NOT have the option of Murder 2, then I.M. is the only choice, and Murray could get probation. He's not spent one minute of jail time to date, and was treated far better than Michael was. . who was INNOCENT. I see that trend continuing if the hand is not forced in some way by the legions of Michael fans! And THAT is just what we are trying to do!

This is a petition handled by an independent service. This type of petition is more effective than a phone campaign, where the calls are not necessarily logged.

As far as geting Mez' opinion? Maybe you can, but please know that this campaign is NOT going to stop. We will have thousands of signatures to deliver to the DA. Anyone is free to sign, or not sign, but the time for that is really NOW, while the prelim is going on.

peace. . .

This is correct. Please all know that the M.J.A.N. folks did careful legal research, and have a lot of resources, before we launched this action. If anyone remains uncertain, they are free to do their own research, of course.

What is DIFFERENT now from discussions before the trial is the nature of the testimony, which is far, far worse for Murray than anticipated. Now, people are not just running their mouths to tabloids or going on rumor, but must swear to tell the truth, with penalties if they do not. The testimonies are forming a pattern of not only negligence, but lead to a conclusion of extreme recklessness and disregard for human life. In just ONE example out of many, it has been testified that Murray was on the PHONE in the ambulance taking Michael to the hospital! (and no, he wasn't talking to hospital personnel). He was the physician in charge, and such behavior is, quite frankly, unheard of in the medical profession!

In terms of FACTS, I'll review:

1. "Intent" is NOT a neccessary component of Murder 2. Saying otherwise can be misleading.

2. The judge may offer the jury a CHOICE of charges, i.e. Involuntary Manslaughter OR Murder 2. And I agree, this is what should happen. Let the jury decide. . . But without Murder 2 on the table, they have no choice but I.M.

3. A lot of the attorneys' opinions on media came BEFORE testimony had actually started. Our own legal research points directly to Murder 2.

And finally, thanks to all who signed! Already we have over seven-hundred signatures, which show that there are others who feel, as well, that the charges were not sufficient.

Everyone here is free to choose, but it's best to operate from a basis of fact as to what raising the charges actually means, and what the process really is in terms of a jury.

OK thanks.

WOW!

Ok so its not looking like intentional however, he could get more charges as far as bringing in something from a hospital to a home setting, working without ALL the neccessary and proper equipment, etc - stuff like that correct??

Ok so its not looking like intentional however, he could get more charges as far as bringing in something from a hospital to a home setting, working without ALL the neccessary and proper equipment, etc - stuff like that correct??

That is correct.

We are also asking for additional charges, as warranted (after having done careful research). See the press-release thread for the listing. This is called "stacking charges," and is what was done to Michael by the DA! But a conviction on additional charges can only happen if the DA stacks the charges. Which we truly hope that he will. There is still time. . .

To repeat, "intent" does NOT have to be a component of Murder 2, nor does "malice." That is simply not correct information.

Apparently, a LOT of people agree with the petition. It's growing by an amazing two or three signatures every TEN SECONDS!

To those who signed or will sign, good job, and thanks! I'm a veteran of the trial, and if I can do this one more thing for justice for Michael, then I can sleep well knowing that I've done my best. .

carry on. . .

Back