Defense Tactics: Look what TMZ is saying..is this going to be the defense in the trial?

ScrEAm.Jack5on

Proud Member
MJ Pushed Dr. To Improperly Give Son Anesthesia

1/13/2011 1:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff
TMZ has learned ... Michael Jackson subjected one of his children to the same risky medical treatment that eventually killed him.

0112-michael-jackson-blanket-ex-getty-2.jpg

Sources tell TMZ ... Michael cajoled a Las Vegas dentist into performing a procedure on Blanket in July, 2008, that involved putting the boy under anesthesia for 2 hours in a dental office that did not have the necessary permit for anesthesia.

TMZ has obtained internal documents from the Nevada Board of Dental Examiners, which detail Michael Jackson's interactions with Dr. Mark Tadrissi. According to the documents, Tadrissi told Michael he couldn't perform the procedure on Blanket because he lacked the permit.

According to the Board's investigator, Michael didn't want to hear about permits and told the doctor, "Have an anesthesiologist do whatever type of sedation required."

Tadrissi capitulated and performed the 2 hour procedure on Blanket ... who was 6 years old at the time. An anesthesiologist had Blanket sedated the entire time.

Now here's where it gets mysterious. The Board -- which learned of Tadrissi's actions after Michael died -- initiated a disciplinary action against Tadrissi for allowing Blanket to be anesthetized in his office. The Board also went after Dr. Tadrissi for allowing Michael to receive Propofol in his office, without the proper permit.

Dr. Tadrissi struck a deal with the Board in 2010 in which he was sanctioned. In a draft of the report, the Board based the sanctions on his treatment of both Blanket and Michael. But in the final version of the report Blanket was taken completely out -- there is no mention of the boy or his treatment.

One source connected with the investigation tells TMZ ... pressure was put on the Board to omit Blanket from the report, and when the final version was issued, the discipline was based solely on Michael's treatment.

Jackson Targeted Dentists to Fuel Addiction

7/12/2009 5:57 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
0626_michael_jackson_exd_11-1.jpg

Doctors aren't the only ones in the cross hairs of authorities who want to find out how Michael Jackson scored various drugs, including anesthesia -- turns out Jackson knew his way around various dental offices as well.

As we have already reported, medical professionals have told TMZ Jackson was an "anesthesia addict," who would would seek out Propofol and other drugs that would sedate him or knock him out. Law enforcement is aware of this, sources say, and dental offices are part of their investigation.

Several Los Angeles doctors have told TMZ it was known in medical circles that Jackson used dentists to feed his habit.

A story just published in the Las Vegas Review-Journal buttresses the stories we've been reporting -- that Jackson had "doctor shopping" down to a science. According to the report, in 2003, a doctor (who spoke on the condition of anonymity) was summoned to Jackson's suite at the Mirage in Vegas.

The doctor says Jackson complained of a sore throat and cough and quickly determined it was a ploy to score prescription drugs. The doctor said, "The whole thing was staged. It was all a lie. They just wanted drugs. They wanted me to call in all these pills under someone else's name."

The doctor says when he refused to go along, Jackson's handlers intimidated him, saying doctors always helped the singer. The MD says at one point he said, "I'll see what I can do," and the handler "came up to me and put a finger in my chest and said 'You do that.'"

by the way, I know there was a thread for TMZ stories involving the case, but it seems to have gone.. there is one about Conrad Murray though.. so ..?

Murray and his team took a BEATING last week, so of course they are going to "try" and turn the focus in another direction. I expect nothing less from them at this point!

Aside from the fact that the "doctor shopping" theory has already been investigated by the proper authorities and only ONE doctor was mentioned - not by name. So that theory is bogus, in my opinion.

BOTTOMLINE - NONE OF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT CONRAD MURRAY DID TO MICHAEL JACKSON AND HOW HE THEN TRIED TO COVER IT UP!

A story just published in the Las Vegas Review-Journal buttresses the stories we've been reporting -- that Jackson had "doctor shopping"
funny thats not what the police said after investigating

The doctor says Jackson complained of a sore throat and cough and quickly determined it was a ploy to score prescription drugs. The doctor said, "The whole thing was staged. It was all a lie. They just wanted drugs. They wanted me to call in all these pills under someone else's name."
and what prescription drugs would u get for a sore throat LOL antibiotics! thats hard drugs lol. cant wait to see who this dr is. yeah the one in TMZ imagination lol
didnt they learn anything from sneddon? play your case out in the press when u have no defence. u win cases in the court room not on TMZ website

Yeh, this is to make MJ look like a reckless person & an addict.. (BTW My cousin was talkin about making a blog about what was found in MJs house and detail what each drug was for & how many were prescribed & what was actually taken, because 1) there was nothing bad found, and 2) quite often MJ was not even taking THE REQUIRED amount prescribed.)

What I don't get about the Blanket story is what heavy dental work is even done on a 6 year old with baby teeth that requres 2 hour sedation? :scratch:

And it says there..

According to the Board's investigator, Michael didn't want to hear about permits and told the doctor, "Have an anesthesiologist do whatever type of sedation is required''
That quote doesn't sound like MJ forcing anything, and he asked for an anesthesiologist (if this happened at all).

What I don't get about the Blanket story is what heavy dental work is even done on a 6 year old with baby teeth that requres 2 hour sedation? :scratch:
yes hes a sleeze but back b4 he flipped mark lester told a story about how dentists used to take the piss with mj kids. prince was taken to the dentist and told he needed major work in order to get $$ out of mj. so they took him to a dentist who didnt know who jr was. and shock horror he didnt need the work. if this did happen sounds like the same thing but this time with blanket

That quote doesn't sound like MJ forcing anything, and he asked for an anesthesiologist (if this happened at all).
prob tmz twisting it when it was mj demanding that there was a trained aneth do it and not mark. u know u cant believe a word they say. blue feet come to mind?

Deborah Ffrench has started a twitter campaign to #BoycottTMZ because of this see her twitter page

yes hes a sleeze but back b4 he flipped mark lester told a story about how dentists used to take the piss with mj kids. prince was taken to the dentist and told he needed major work in order to get $$ out of mj. so they took him to a dentist who didnt know who jr was. and shock horror he didnt need the work. if this did happen sounds like the same thing but this time with blanket

You'd be surprised to hear that these type of things happens to John Doe's kids all the time as well. Getting a second opinion for any major dental work on children is becoming the 'norm'.

Parenting boards are full with stories like that.

I can only imagine the $$signs some people had in their eyes, knowing whose children they had their hands on.

Last edited:
shouldnt have to boycot them cause ppl shouldnt be on their site to start with. i read the Justice4mjj ppl are prety pally with TMZ and were even talking to one of their cameramen on the phone at the court house

Oh yeh I remember him saying that actually! I see. :no:

ps. Do you still need a permit for the property if you have a trained anesthesiologist come there??

yeah right, tell me about supposed 'doctor shopping' that went on in 2009 not six years prior to that. NEXT
Harvey is so extremely sad by the outcome of the prelim and the testimonies, LMAO

Actually according to the dental board documents it's true that Mark Tadrissi is sanctioned for allowing a Nevada licensed anesthesiologist giving MJ general anesthesia in his office for which he lacks a site permit (doesn't have permits for anesthesia given in his office).

see: https://nvbod.glsuite.us/DataTier/D.../2/6/aff195be-19f5-4999-9cf9-85dc697df836.pdf
page 2 first paragraf

Like TMZ says there's no mention of Blanket.

So it's a dental procedure with a reason for anesthesia (according to TMZ), that occured with a legit dentist and a LICENSED anesthesiologist (according to the dental board documents), that just happened in an office without permit for anesthesia (according to TMZ and dental board). So it's nothing more than a "location" and "documentation" issue and NOT a "medical risk" issue.

(If you read the above document you'll see the Board of dental examiner's sanction is based solely on "failure to acquire necessary permits").

Regardless I agree wholeheartedly that the headline is HIGHLY sensationalized and designed to make MJ look bad.

well shouldn't Murray be sanctioned for providing anesthesia at someone's home without a site permit? I'm pretty sure 100 N Carolwood is not a facility where anesthesia should be given. I'm also assuming that the anesthesiologist was Dr Adams

Now here's where it gets mysterious. The Board -- which learned of Tadrissi's actions after Michael died -- initiated a disciplinary action against Tadrissi for allowing Blanket to be anesthetized in his office.

The Board also went after Dr. Tadrissi for allowing Michael to receive Propofol in his office, without the proper permit.

Reading it again, they are sayin Blanket was anesthetized but they aren't actually saying he recieved propofol, although they say MJ did.

So this isn't exactly true -

Michael Jackson subjected one of his children to the same risky medical treatment that eventually killed him.

Sensationalism.

head line is very important ,that is how people look for news. i am half of those reading are not going to understand what the content is ,in their little brain ,mj took his son to dentist and threatened him to use anesthesia on that kid and he used to go to dentist to get high.this is the out come that story ,i am sure dr.deaths pr person is behind all this.
i just have one question for ivy,doesn't this kind of news taint the jury pool ,how this is going to affect them?

even when hes dead they cant see the truth. And now they are bringing lil'B into the mix! I hate what they are doing to his kids.

And you wanna bet no one is gonna refute the story...Certainly not the family.

***sigh***

As for TMZ, I guess this prove they are squarely in Murray's camp...therefore....I bid adieu to them.

So if you ask to have a sedation when getting dental work done, you are immediately an "addict seeking to get a fix"? What about a person who is frightened? I know a nurse at our hospital who is freaking out days before her dental appointment, and she gets her dental work done in sedation, because any other way you would not even be able to get her to agree to sit on the chair. There are many people out there whose teeth are falling out because they are so scared of the dentist that they rather have no teeth than go to the dentist. So unless they can prove that MJ was at the dentist's office every week of every month asking for dental work, that was not needed, just to get a sedation...you can't label him an addict just because he would have wanted a sedation. I still need to get my wisdom teeth out and there is NO WAY I'll let anyone take them out if I am not knocked out first. And should I ever need any other teeth to get pulled or a root canal, I'm pretty sure I'd want to be heavily sedated then too.

If their MJ quote really is accurate, then MJ asked for an ANESTHESIOLOGIST to do the sedation. And if these quacks then do it, obviously MJ will assume that he gets an anesthesiologist, because THAT'S what he asked for. Also, it's still the doctor's decision to do it or not. If you do it even when you know you are not allowed....then YOu are responsible...not the patient. YOU could have just as easily said no....but you decided to do it even though you knew you aren't allowed. It's amzing to me how all these doctors are acting like kindergarten kids...."But HE started it....But HE asked for it....It was HIS fault"....They will never be able to make MJ responsible because it was their job to know what they are allowed to do and what not and to say NO to something they KNOW they are NOT allowed to do.

And if anything...this will only show how many QUACKS were sadly treating Michael and his kids. If this was the standard every time MJ went to a doctor, then how would MJ even be able to know what would be normal and what not, if thes doctors just did whatever he asked them to do. It's just really sad.

***sigh***

As for TMZ, I guess this prove they are squarely in Murray's camp...therefore....I bid adieu to them.

Exactly where is the rebuttal? His family won't say a word that's for sure

This could have been deliberately planted by Murray's defense team. TMZ and other tabloid shows are not known for naming sources, or verifying the authenticity of their "reporting." Sadly, I think we can expect more of this crap.

Thus far, the ONLY "fire" I have seen from certain members of the family came regarding the 3-FAKE songs.

Any response aside from that has either been "passive" or didn't exist at all. Such A Pity!

So if you ask to have a sedation when getting dental work done, you are immediately an "addict seeking to get a fix"? What about a person who is frightened? I know a nurse at our hospital who is freaking out days before her dental appointment, and she gets her dental work done in sedation, because any other way you would not even be able to get her to agree to sit on the chair. There are many people out there whose teeth are falling out because they are so scared of the dentist that they rather have no teeth than go to the dentist. ...

No kidding. A lot of people have phobias because they remember pain and horror, that doesn't just come out of nowhere.

Why traumatize (particularly a child!!) somebody without reason, should dental work actually be needed?

I do not long for the old days of being held down by some cruel jerk and be tortured, no thank you. We didn't even receive a local anesthetic as children, therefore the horror.

People also don't seem to understand the issues Michael was facing for something most of us consider 'normal'- going to see a Doctor. At every step people were chasing him- they were dissecting him literally alive- that poses unique problems. Trying to find medical treatment without running the risk that your medical chart gets plastered all over the world in some tabloid.

Actually according to the dental board documents it's true that Mark Tadrissi is sanctioned for allowing a Nevada licensed anesthesiologist giving MJ general anesthesia in his office for which he lacks a site permit (doesn't have permits for anesthesia given in his office).

see: https://nvbod.glsuite.us/DataTier/D.../2/6/aff195be-19f5-4999-9cf9-85dc697df836.pdf
page 2 first paragraf

Like TMZ says there's no mention of Blanket.

So it's a dental procedure with a reason for anesthesia (according to TMZ), that occured with a legit dentist and a LICENSED anesthesiologist (according to the dental board documents), that just happened in an office without permit for anesthesia (according to TMZ and dental board). So it's nothing more than a "location" and "documentation" issue and NOT a "medical risk" issue.

(If you read the above document you'll see the Board of dental examiner's sanction is based solely on "failure to acquire necessary permits").

Regardless I agree wholeheartedly that the headline is HIGHLY sensationalized and designed to make MJ look bad.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

well shouldn't Murray be sanctioned for providing anesthesia at someone's home without a site permit? I'm pretty sure 100 N Carolwood is not a facility where anesthesia should be given. I'm also assuming that the anesthesiologist was Dr Adams

Yeah...that's not where his "practise" in CA was...it was in Santa Monica.... "Chez Baby Mama"...:smilerolleyes: :lol:

i just have one question for ivy,doesn't this kind of news taint the jury pool ,how this is going to affect them?

every story affects how we think and our perceptions. but a jury isn't about finding people living under a rock and do not have an already established perception about "Michael Jackson".

It's about finding people who can put what they think aside and make a decision based solely on what they hear during the trial.

If their MJ quote really is accurate, then MJ asked for an ANESTHESIOLOGIST to do the sedation. And if these quacks then do it, obviously MJ will assume that he gets an anesthesiologist, because THAT'S what he asked for.

see the medical board document I linked. There was a licensed anesthesiologist present. Dentist didn't do the sedation. and it looks like it was one time procedure.

Yeh I don't see how the jury can be fair with all the bs stories out about MJ, but then again look what happened in 2005 :)

There is a whole thing on Twitter asking MJ fans to unfollow TMZ & Harvey. I don't follow them anyway, but it gets retweeted to me by MJ fans that I follow. Apparently 411 (never heard of that one) now have the story.. I guess it's gonna spread, & there is nothing we can do, because commenting on the articles probably encourages them to write more about MJ cause it gets them attention. How about writing to those who advertise products on TMZ, could we write to them, or it would make no difference?

I do not long for the old days of being held down by some cruel jerk and be tortured, no thank you. We didn't even receive a local anesthetic as children, therefore the horror.

Back in my day, they gave us "LAUGHING GAS," for every procedure, except for a basic cleaning.

We mostly had to get "fillings," but it was all good, because we knew we would be getting that laughing gas first.

TMZ needs to go sit-down somewhere, ain't nobody, with a ounce of sense, going to fall for this VERY obvious tactic, in my opinion.

There is no hope for the 'family' but you will see their leader soon ranting about 'justice' Murray being the fall guy and AEG and the exec's benefitting from this death (when according to him THEY should be th ones benefitting)

every story affects how we think and our perceptions. but a jury isn't about finding people living under a rock and do not have an already established perception about "Michael Jackson".

It's about finding people who can put what they think aside and make a decision based solely on what they hear during the trial.

see the medical board document I linked. There was a licensed anesthesiologist present. Dentist didn't do the sedation. and it looks like it was one time procedure.

Yes, but that is assuming that the TMZ story is even TRUE, regarding Blanket? (Quite right about dental phobias. Every filling in my mouth was done when I was a child, and there was no anesthetic whatsoever. It amounted to severe TORTURE. Needless to say, I now require some sort of sedation for ANY dental procedure. O.T., though. . )

You are far more optimistic of juries than I am! In the U.S., many people called for jury-duty can find ways to get out of it, and juries can be primarily made up of people who are unemployed, retired, and so on. It's possible for either side to challenge (try to get removed) a juror. In this case, the defense will try to select jurors who are not well educated, I'm sure. Of course, there are exceptions, but that is the general trend. A lot of people read only headlines, and aren't necessarily able to differentiate a sensational story, from a true one. I'm sure Murray's defense is counting on this.

Back