Reasons to stop visiting TMZ' website and putting $$$ in their pocket

Memefan

Proud Member
Every click, every link, and every follower makes TMZ a more valuable company in the eyes of advertisers, and that’s where the money lies.

http://www.filthytabloidtrash.com/2011/01/13/tmz-is-filthy-tabloid-trash/

Once again, TMZ has fabricated a non-story about Michael Jackson comprised of half-truths and assumptions spun and molded into something completely unrepresentative of reality.
While we think it’s important to know what the actual content of the post is, we don’t want to encourage you to visit the TMZ website (remember, every click you make means increased ad revenue for them!), so we’ve reproduced the article here—including a screen capture:
MJ Pushed Dr. To Improperly Give Son Anesthesia
1/13/2011 1:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff
TMZ has learned … Michael Jackson subjected one of his children to the same risky medical treatment that eventually killed him.
Sources tell TMZ … Michael cajoled a Las Vegas dentist into performing a procedure on Blanket in July, 2008, that involved putting the boy under anesthesia for 2 hours in a dental office that did not have the necessary permit for anesthesia.
TMZ has obtained internal documents from the Nevada Board of Dental Examiners, which detail Michael Jackson’s interactions with Dr. Mark Tadrissi. According to the documents, Tadrissi told Michael he couldn’t perform the procedure on Blanket because he lacked the permit.
According to the Board’s investigator, Michael didn’t want to hear about permits and told the doctor, “Have an anesthesiologist do whatever type of sedation required.”
Tadrissi capitulated and performed the 2 hour procedure on Blanket … who was 6 years old at the time. An anesthesiologist had Blanket sedated the entire time.
Now here’s where it gets mysterious. The Board — which learned of Tadrissi’s actions after Michael died — initiated a disciplinary action against Tadrissi for allowing Blanket to be anesthetized in his office. The Board also went after Dr. Tadrissi for allowing Michael to receive Propofol in his office, without the proper permit.
Dr. Tadrissi struck a deal with the Board in 2010 in which he was sanctioned. In a draft of the report, the Board based the sanctions on his treatment of both Blanket and Michael. But in the final version of the report Blanket was taken completely out — there is no mention of the boy or his treatment.
One source connected with the investigation tells TMZ … pressure was put on the Board to omit Blanket from the report, and when the final version was issued, the discipline was based solely on Michael’s treatment.
What is this article really telling us? Well, let’s look at the crux of the story as if we’re talking about any parent and child, not Michael Jackson and his son…
TRUTH:
• A 6-year-old boy needed a 2-hour dental procedure performed on him that required anesthesia.
• The dentist lacked a permit to perform procedures under anesthesia.
• The boy’s father asked the dentist to hire an anesthesiologist (i.e., a doctor licensed to administer anesthesia) to do the sedation.
• The dentist agreed to hire a licensed anesthesiologist, and who then did the sedation on the 6-year-old boy.
In other words, the father acted like any parent with a young child in need of a lengthy dental procedure. Receiving anesthesia for dental care is NOT unusual, even in young children. It is completely normal to want your child to be anesthetized during a 2-hour long procedure, which—if personal experience with dental work is any indication—is likely to be painful. Furthermore, the use of Propofol in dental surgery is extremely common.
SPIN:
What does TMZ want you to take away from their sensationalized report? Well, that’s simple: They want you (and everyone else who reads their article…and everyone who reads every other article based on their article…and so on) to believe that Michael Jackson was such a horrible father and such a delusional junkie that he force a doctor to put his son to sleep with the very same drug that wound up killing his dad. And if Michael Jackson is that irresponsible and horrible, how can we believe that he didn’t force another doctor to give him an overdose in June 2009? And really, how can we believe that Michael Jackson just didn’t kill himself, since he obviously didn’t care about his kids?
That’s the subtext! That’s what TMZ and the rest of the tabloid media want you to believe. Why? Because it’s “shocking”, it’s scandalous, it involves a very famous person with a lot of public interest, and, above all, because it will get lots of people—including Michael Jackson fans—to click on their site, leave comments, send the link to other people, and ultimately increase TMZ’s value to advertisers.
The media makes a lot of money off of stories about Michael Jackson. It doesn’t matter whether the story is negative or positive, fact or fiction; the public still eats it up. We saw it in 1982, we saw it in 1987, 1993, 2003, 2005, 2009…and on and on and on. As long as the interest is there, the media will provide a story, even if they have to invent it.
We’re in the midst of a period of time between the preliminary hearings and the trial of the doctor accused of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. It’s a slow time, news-wise. You’re going to see a lot of trash and nonsense and noise coming out so the media can continue filling their pockets while they wait for the trial to start. Be aware.
The best way to take action against tabloid sites like TMZ is with INACTION.

• Don’t click on any links to their website.
• Don’t share any links to their website.
• Don’t comment on any articles on their website.
• If you follow their posts with an RSS reader (like Google Reader), delete the feed.
• If you’ve liked their page on Facebook, unlike it.
• If you follow them on Twitter, unfollow them.
Every click, every link, and every follower makes TMZ a more valuable company in the eyes of advertisers, and that’s where the money lies. Exercise your voice of opposition be refusing to give TMZ a single additional click.

Sometimes it is so hard to resist going on TMZ to write the truth/less sensational version of the story in the comment section... especially when that comment section is filled with people sayin horrible things about Michael.

Looking on this twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/DeborahFfrench apparently there is something being organised so that MJ fans do not need to go to TMZ anymore.. one or two fans will monitor what TMZ are saying and post their stories somewhere else for anyone interested..to stop traffic to TMZ.

im sorry but whatever procedures you have at a dentist you never get propofol.. so if this is true its really sad and i would be very angry

false.

and bump. ppl need to stop feeding the scum

im sorry but whatever procedures you have at a dentist you never get propofol..

I answered this before, you are wrong. In US propofol is one of the sedation alternatives used during wisdom teeth removal and I'm sure it can be used during other oral surgeries as well.

can u explain rss readers thing again,i really don't want their name on my computer.

Memefan - well said! The motives of TMZ are very obvious.

We have to be vigilant and smart. As you said, it is all about money. We have to hit them where it hurts most!

im sorry but whatever procedures you have at a dentist you never get propofol.. so if this is true its really sad and i would be very angry

Honestly, it is not necessary to demonize Propofol which is an excellent anesthetic in itself. It's 'user handling and use error' that makes or breaks it.

In the US you have a variety of options when it comes to dentistry- and that is really one of the things I very much appreciate about living here.

Not only do I have understanding medical personal, that understands my horrible phobia of dentistry that lies in torturous treatments without ANY anesthesia as a child-but you have options.

A modern Dentist's Office will offer you shades for your eyes so you don't even have to stare into a bright lamp, you can listen to Opera through a headset at full blast if you chose to- all to calm your fears and reduce anesthesia.

You can even find Dentists that will use hypnosis in order to reduce anxiety and and for pain management.

There is absolutely NO NEED to traumatize a child on a Dentist's chair.

Please do not demonize the use of Propofol where it's appropriate in the appropriate setting. Going to the Dentist's Office doesn't need to be a way of proving yourself or how much pain you can take.

Heck, I gave birth without an epidural, but there is no way I can let somebody do major dentistry on me, because I will literally flip in that chair thanks to the butchery I've experienced as a child.

Totally OT, but there's no need to fall into TMZ's trap of stirring unnecessary sh* pots. It's a non issue that is only becoming one because the name "Michael Jackson" is attached to it.

Last edited:
True, PMDC.

TMZ, however, time and time again proved to be total brutes concerning Michael in life and death, spread lies often and are simply greasy. And this story shows how desperate Murray is to fish for "evidence" and demonize and bastardize and do whatever to humiliate Jackson as a man, father, friend, human, whatever. This subhuman that this 'doctor' is should know Propofol is perfectly safe with the proper medical and monitoring equipment and in a clinical/hospital setting. If he at least had the proper equipment and monitored him accordingly, Jackson would still be here. It can be excruciating to have your teeth removed without anesthesia, esp for a small child. That story has Nothing to do with him leaving Jackson die while he was talking to his lovers on the phone. Deep down, if this Con is to go to jail, at least he'll make sure that Jackson's reputation continues to be smeared and all that and he'll feel some sweet revenge, as though Jackson didn't die at his hands. 0_0 He, TMZ and other robots like them are Too arrogant and proud to Ever hold themselves accountable for doing anything bad to Jackson.

And TMZ, they'll continue with their filth as long as there's always gonna be readers/visitors of their site.

Last edited:
TMZ is a joke! Never liked there stories on this forum or any other MJ forum since the beginning! But, there they were all the damn time! SMH Just because they reported MJ dead first doesn't mean their awesome and the best! If it weren't them it was gonna be some other news media cause we were gonna find out anyways! It was national news when MJ was taken to the hospital! Infact no one had to tell me he died, cause as soon as i read cardiac arrest I knew he was dead! I just had a feeling!

Simply put, with this story TMZ is working for the defense! F*ck them!

Reason to visit TMZ = Finding out about the death of your idol first.

I have never thought AS badly about them since that day....I still dont like the site and dont visit it. But I can never think as badly about them as I used to.

Thanks for the information. I hope those who love to visit that site think about the points raised. People should not get pleasure out of seeing and reading about another human being being demonized--that is basically what TMZ is doing in this article.

Personally, I only come across TMZ on this forum, and I have no intention in visiting their site.

Sometimes it is so hard to resist going on TMZ to write the truth/less sensational version of the story in the comment section... especially when that comment section is filled with people sayin horrible things about Michael.

Looking on this twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/DeborahFfrench apparently there is something being organised so that MJ fans do not need to go to TMZ anymore.. one or two fans will monitor what TMZ are saying and post their stories somewhere else for anyone interested..to stop traffic to TMZ.
thats a good idea.

Back