Conrad Murray arraignment January 25th

Vici

Proud Member
Arraignment is set for tomorrow , January 25th, at 8:30 am!

So what will happen other than the charges against him will be read?

Arraignment is set for tomorrow , January 25th, at 8:30 am!

He will enter his plea I believe which would be ' not guilty'.

I would like to know if either the judge or the DA can add additional charges at that time?

I'm still baffled that he is not charged with obstruction of justice charges since he was hiding evidence and refused to tell the EMTs or the ER doctors that he gave MJ propofol.

Last edited:
not alot imo. judge may give a timeline for when hes hoping to get the trial started and set a date for the next hearing prob to discuss evidence motions etc depends on what,if anything the pros/defence want to argue about

Last edited:
not alot imo. judge may give a timeline for when hes hoping to get the trial started and set a date for the next hearing prob to discuss evidence motions etc depends on what,if anything the the pros/defence want to argue about

that should be interesting. I would like to know what exactly the defense is going to try and use. I know they had the names of doctors on their white board but I still don't see them testifying especially if they will admit they gave MJ propofol for sleep. If they do they are risking their own medical degree

f they will admit they gave MJ propofol for sleep. If they do they are risking their own medical degree
they didnt give him it but mj asked. thats the defences point

What would happen if murray says guilty in return for some lesser sentence? Could that conceivably happen? (Probably a silly question, I know)

they didnt give him it but mj asked. thats the defences point

that's no kind of defense.. If MJ would've asked Murray for crack cocaine to sleep would he have given that too? If he passes out anesthesia just because someone asks for it he does not need to be a doctor or practicing anything and that's the point.. Doctors aren't supposed to give patients what they want, they are supposed to give them what they need. Mike was not having surgery so general anesthesia was not needed

What would happen if murray says guilty in return for some lesser sentence? Could that conceivably happen? (Probably a silly question, I know)
well in the uk u get a lesser sentence if u plead guilty. dunno if its the same in the usa. but maybe u mean a plea bargin. cause its upto the judge to decide on the sentence. the D.A may say plead guilty to a lesser charge.(although there isnt really a lesser charge in this case) instead of taking the risk of being found guilty of a higher charge

that's no kind of defense.. If MJ would've asked Murray for crack cocaine to sleep would he have given that too? If he passes out anesthesia just because someone asks for it he does not need to be a doctor or practicing anything and that's the point.. Doctors aren't supposed to give patients what they want, they are supposed to give them what they need. Mike was not having surgery so general anesthesia was not needed
the question was why would any dr testify to giving mj diprivan. the answer is some of the names on that list were drs that were supposedly asked but refused. theres no issue for those drs to testify

well in the uk u get a lesser sentence if u plead guilty. dunno if its the same in the usa. but maybe u mean a plea bargin. cause its upto the judge to decide on the sentence. the D.A may say plead guilty to a lesser charge.(although there isnt really a lesser charge in this case) instead of taking the risk of being found guilty of a higher charge

This would mean that he'd have to admit to being guilty and I've gotta feeling he's way too arrogant to admit that!

He will enter his plea I believe which would be ' not guilty'.

I would like to know if either the judge or the DA can add additional charges at that time?

I'm still baffled that he is not charged with obstruction of justice charges since he was hiding evidence and refused to tell the EMTs or the ER doctors that he gave MJ propofol.

Me too. But did they need Murray to admit it before they charged him? If so, I don't think he'll own up to that either.

But did they need Murray to admit it before they charged him? If so, I don't think he'll own up to that either.
? admit what? if an accused has to admit to something b4 they were charged with it then no one would get charged with anything.

D.A can add charges at any point during the case if evidence comes to light. the point is the evidence is already there so why no charges? if they arent filed now i doubt they will be at a later time. all hes bothered about is getting a conviction not stacking charges so murray gets locked away until he dies

the judge could have added them on at the pelim.thats passed

the question was why would any dr testify to giving mj diprivan. the answer is some of the names on that list were drs that were supposedly asked but refused. theres no issue for those drs to testify

right.. they refused so how does that help Murray? It makes him seem even worse because the other doctors knew it was wrong and unsafe and they refused

Is this the judge decision?
I read, that "plea bargain" lies with the prosecutor, not the judge
:scratch:
...Prosecutor makes the offer of "plea bargain" to the defense...and the judge has no say at this stage. Maybe I'm wrong. I read about it trying to understand, what we can expect tomorrow...
I haven't known, that "plea guilty" and "plea bargain" can take different effect. I haven't seen the differences between them..:scratch:
This is a little hard to understand for me.
If Murray "pleaded guilty" how much more could the charges be cut..?

Offering the "plea bargain" is common in the U.S., but not so common in the cases such like this. When a very big public sentiments are involved, like in political cases, generally in publicized cases, "the plue bargain" is used not so often...This is what I read..

I'm so confiused with all the "plea"...:doh:

Last edited:
Is this the judge decision?
I read, that "plea bargain" lies with the prosecutor, not the judge
the sentence is upto the judge the plea bargin is upto the prosecutors

That could conceivably happen. Or, he could plead guilty to the I.M. charge (and avoid the stacking of charges, which is still possible).

He wouldnt do that, hes too much of a coward

Yep, and Murray will plead not guilty on the 25th--anniversary of Michael murder. Tomorrow's sorrow will be doubled.

Its jan 25th today here and im trying so hard not to think bout it..but it in the back of mind anyway so i cant help but think bout it.

There were some comments on MJ official site, that rumor is, the trial will start in January 2012. Wondering, if that really will be the case.

Back