Poll: Are you interested in new books about Michael's personal life?

Poll: Are you interested in new books about Michael's personal life?

• Yes

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Yes, but only if positive/respectful

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 40.8%

• Total voters

donalb

Proud Member
Recently, there have been several book annoucements from Michael's family, friends and associates with more likely to follow. Are you interested in reading new books about Michael's personal life?

My personal view, is enough with the books already! Private moments should be kept private and should not be used to generate fame and fortune for the authors. What's your take?

Michael's respectable friends would never attempt to make money off his name........................examples include Elizabeth Taylor, Macaulay Culkin and Diana Ross among others............

T-Mez's book is different because the truth needed to be told during that time.............but that's HIStory and there's nothing else that needs to be told (well.....outside the courtroom)!!!!!

Meant to vote for the second option, but accidentally clicked the first :/

Depends on who's writing them. I'm not very interested in these new books so many are writing, at least not enough to buy them. Even if it's positive I feel there is no reason to write a book. Why not share those stories for free? And then again there's the matter of whether or not Michael would have wanted these personal stories out there. I'm cool with books written by fans though, and if Michael's children should decide to write a book later on, I'd be interested in that.

No, because neither is Michael still here to authorize them, nor I'm interested what can't be in any way discussed on the basis of truth... everybody could say whatever could be only created in their minds... I'm surely not interested in that.

To me that's all just melking the fan community... well they'll surely not melk me! ;)

voted second option. but I want to add that it also depends on who's writing a book. for instance, I would never buy the rabbi book, even though I hear it's very positive (the second one)

Michael's respectable friends would never attempt to make money off his name........................examples include Elizabeth Taylor, Macaulay Culkin and Diana Ross among others............

Fully agree. To me, these books are nothing more than an invasion of privacy.

No.

We've allready got the best Michael Jackson book. Moonwalk

A boldly NO :bugeyed

Indeed... respectable 'friends' don't sell out Michael for $$$$

Private stuff should be kept private, period

voted second option. but I want to add that it also depends on who's writing a book. for instance, I would never buy the rabbi book, even though I hear it's very positive (the second one)

I agree. And I'd never buy the bodyguards' book either although it's supposed to be "in defense of the King".

For the most part yes I am interested in reading new books about Michael but only if they are mostly positive and respectful. I just want to try get to know and maybe understand the man.

I know how he hated invasion of his privacy. But I am interested....I would be lying if I say I"m not. It makes me love him more and more ( if that is even possible..)
I am interested in those every day little things, you know.

I voted No. Michael deserves privacy. Not interested in a book about his personal life..its none of our business. We all know how Michael wanted privacy.

^ I agree with you. No matter how much I might be interested in reading some of the things people have to say, I couldn't do it out of respect for Michael

I clicked the second option but now that I've seen some posts of you guys, my choice would be yes and no. Come on, Michael deserves privacy and all his life, he wanted that so he wouldn't want us fans to prey on more of his life. It would be nice to know more little every day fun facts about him, though. Like his favorite time of day, favorite type of books, etc. Get it now? Anything else = that's Michael's business.

No

Even if the books are positive it probably won't be any different to what we know allready. We all know that Mike was an extreamly nice and caring person. None of us need a book to tell us that

f59f92c008a0042ff9ef6010.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That's the only book on Michael I'll ever need.

Yes, I love to read about Michael's life. butonly if positive and respectful.

I voted yes but positive and respectful only. Too many of the ones in the Library and too many that get publicity are the negative and badly written "Cash in" ones.

Of course now in 2020, the level of interest has died off, the Leaving Neverland garbage bought some interest and it overshadowed the 10th anniversary. Sadly books on MJ are not selling like they used to.

Yet I respect anyone who said "No" to this question, because lets face it, to non fans Ignorance rules the day on Michael Jackson and the negative books will find their audience of haters and non fans, yet the positive ones seldom go past true fans.

Back