Glaucoma

Ohood

Proud Member
If MJ suffered Glaucoma how come that he was able to inject himself with anything !
Ofcourse, that night he was not wearing his glasses which we saw him wearing in the final years!??

If MJ suffered Glaucoma how come that he was able to inject himself with anything !
Ofcourse, that night he was not wearing his glasses which we saw him wearing in the final years!??

I didnt see the autopsy say he was blinded by glaucoma
many people have it and can see well_ any pics of his eyes
were clear. so it must have been in beginning stages and
it is also controlable.

I know MJ wore glasses for reading

Where did you see that he had glaucoma? Ive never heard that before.

I believe the Coroner's Report listed Glaucoma medication found in the bedroom.

But, even a diagnosis of Glaucoma doesn't mean automatic blindness, or that he was unable to see at all.

He was 50, it's pretty natural to be wearing AT LEAST reading glasses. Judging by the glasses he wore in Japan in 2006 in that gym, he did have quite a strong prescription though.

Glaucoma can make you blind if you don´t take your medication, but it takes time.
I wonder if he got it because of all the lights that was directed towards him during his concerts and all these flashes from paparazzis cameras.

When you are 50 the letters somehow get smaller and it´s common to have glasses at least when you read.

I know that he was not blind ! but i also know that when you need glasses to read after 50 you also need them to inject a needle in a small tube or in a small vein !

MJ was using his glasses even when he goes shopping which means he needed them for more than reading but maybe he was not able to see certain (small or/far or/near) things !

so injecting a small thing like a needle is something needs glasses !(or increasing the amount of the drip )

well maybe i'm wrong but what i'm saying is just a brain stroming not medical facts !

Blindness is one possible result of glaucoma, but I think medication can usually control it. Glaucoma medication was listed in the coroner's report.

maybe i could not make my idea clear !

Murray said MJ injected himself , the corner report say MJ was using Glucoma medications , MJ was using his glasses for reading , shopping which means that he also needed them to do anything like using a medical needel ,,,can this help MJ as many say that he was a drug addict who may injected himself but the fact that he was not able to do this becuase he was not wearing his glasses !

maybe i could not make my idea clear !

Murray said MJ injected himself , the corner report say MJ was using Glucoma medications , MJ was using his glasses for reading , shopping which means that he also needed them to do anything like using a medical needel ,,,can this help MJ as many say that he was a drug addict who may injected himself but the fact that he was not able to do this becuase he was not wearing his glasses !

I see your point, but -- were glasses found in his bedroom, or not? I recall a glasses case being on the nightstand, though.

In my work I take a lot of bloodsamples but I don´t need glasses to see.When I read books I use glasses, but it also depends on how big letters there are in the book and how dark it is.

But it seems like Michael was afraid of needles and didn´t want to look.

That explains why there was pot found there....Glaucoma :|

The police report lists ( among other prescription meds that weren't used much if at all) some empty vials of Latanoprost, which is eyedrops against glaucoma. Glaucoma is more common in African Americans. As long as the eyedrops are taken faithfully every day, sight can be retained. It's a disease that, if left untreated,gradually eats away eyesight starting peripheral until a small area in the middle is left. ( And even that will eventually, without any treatment disappear).But again, with eyedrops blindness doesn't ever have to occur in an individual suffering from glaucoma.

The other well-known cause for blindness is cataract, when the lens in the eye becomes cloudy, something Michael did not suffer from.

Now, as we age the lens becomes less flexible so we will need reading glasses for nearby stuff. How soon this happens and how much compensation is needed in the form of stronger reading glasses differs from person per person.

The autopsy report did state the items found in the bedroom where he died, and his reading glasses were on the nightstand.

What Ohood was saying is that if it was even possible to self inject ( I have heard and read many times that he was scared of needles so that seems unlikely) he would have had to use his reading glasses, but not necessarily of the glaucoma, but because he was 50.

Just thought I'd give a little background information if that's okay.

at 50 it is normal to wear glasses..and Michael looked great with them;-)

Glaucoma is treatable disease. If it's not treated in time it can lead to blindness. I don't think it was the case with MJ if he really had the disease. Never read anything about him having it. It's usually a condition that affects the elderly.

i know its lega:)l but mj wouldnt do that :no:

You cant say what MJ would or wouldnt do. Im not saying that pot was for MJ either. But you would have said that MJ would never have had propofol to get to sleep too.

stop with the pot thing becuase MJ lungs were almost dameged he was using oxygen before going to bed ,,,using the pot has no logical basis !

the question is an over does of propophol can kill a person in matter of seconds, MJ glasses were on the night stand , he was not wearing them , he was a 50 years old man who needed to wear his glasses to inject himself there is also signs that he suffered from Glaucoma,,,so the possibility that he injected himself is 0,000001 %

Latanoprost is also used at times to grow hair

Yes, I heard that too (for eyelashes).

A question: Another fan reminded me that Latanoprost was among the list of medications presented by Klein in his bill to the Estate.

But in AR I did not find that particular medication mentioned, but I found in Medical Evidence 3A en "parafernalia": "small tube of "Ultravate" ointment".
Searching for "Ultravate", I found this:
"This medication is used to treat a variety of skin conditions (e.g., eczema, dermatitis,allergies, rash). Halobetasol reduces the swelling, itching, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is a very strong (super-high potency) corticosteroid.
How to use Ultravate Top
Use this medication on the skin only. Do not use it on the face, groin or underarms unless directed to do so by your doctor.
Before applying the medication, clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin film of the medication to the affected area and gently rub in, one to two times daily or as directed by your doctor. Do not wrap, cover or bandage the area unless directed to do so by your doctor. If used in the diaper area on an infant, do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
After applying the medication, wash your hands unless you are using this medication to treat the hands. If applying this medication near the eyes, avoid getting it in the eyes as this may worsen or cause glaucoma.

Can anyone confirm if Latanoprost was mentioned in other coroner's papers and where? Or if it is another name for "Ultravate" as it appears in Medical Evidence 3A?

Ohood: Remember the defense in their sub-real hypotheses were talking about "port injections" in the IV tubing and not having been directly injected in the vein (so the point of whether glasses should have been needed, unluckily for this matter, is not useful).

But don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of arguments against the absurd speculations from the defense against the victim.

The marajuana found in Michael's room was so old it looked like it had been there for years so is generally considered to have been something that was in the house before Michael moved in.

umm i dont think mj used pot for anything because if he did he would eat constantly. where i live pot is everywhere and every time someone uses it you can tell. Michael wouldnt have been as thin as he was and he was normal weight for his age. And i dont think he would have it in the house with his children there be it legal or not.

Yes, I heard that too (for eyelashes).

A question: Another fan reminded me that Latanoprost was among the list of medications presented by Klein in his bill to the Estate.

But in AR I did not find that particular medication mentioned, but I found in Medical Evidence 3A en "parafernalia": "small tube of "Ultravate" ointment".
Searching for "Ultravate", I found this:
"This medication is used to treat a variety of skin conditions (e.g., eczema, dermatitis,allergies, rash). Halobetasol reduces the swelling, itching, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is a very strong (super-high potency) corticosteroid.
How to use Ultravate Top
Use this medication on the skin only. Do not use it on the face, groin or underarms unless directed to do so by your doctor.
Before applying the medication, clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin film of the medication to the affected area and gently rub in, one to two times daily or as directed by your doctor. Do not wrap, cover or bandage the area unless directed to do so by your doctor. If used in the diaper area on an infant, do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
After applying the medication, wash your hands unless you are using this medication to treat the hands. If applying this medication near the eyes, avoid getting it in the eyes as this may worsen or cause glaucoma.

Can anyone confirm if Latanoprost was mentioned in other coroner's papers and where? Or if it is another name for "Ultravate" as it appears in Medical Evidence 3A?

Ohood: Remember the defense in their sub-real hypotheses were talking about "port injections" in the IV tubing and not having been directly injected in the vein (so the point of whether glasses should have been needed, unluckily for this matter, is not useful).

But don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of arguments against the absurd speculations from the defense against the victim.

i see !! like i said in a previous post it was brainstorming !

anyway, thank you very much for the explanation .

2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.

Glaucoma is usually caused by an increase of pressure inside the eye. At the front of the eye, there is a small space called the anterior chamber, which lies between the iris and the cornea. Clear fluid flows in and out of the chamber to bathe and nourish nearby tissues. In most cases of glaucoma, for unknown reasons, the fluid drains too slowly out of the anterior chamber of the eye. As the fluid builds up, the pressure inside the eye rises. Unless this pressure is controlled, it can damage the optic nerve and other parts of the eye, leading to loss of vision.

There are several forms of glaucoma. The most common ones include:

Open-angle glaucoma —Fluid can sometimes drain through the drainage angle of the eye too slowly, which leads to a fluid backup and a gradual but persistent elevation in intraocular pressure (IOP). The angle between structures of the eye appears normal or open. This is the most common type of glaucoma.

Angle-closure glaucoma —Drainage from the eye becomes physically blocked when eye structures occlude an already narrowed angle of exit. This traps fluid in the eye and leads to an increase in IOP. Angle-closure glaucoma may be acute, subacute, intermittent, or chronic. Acute angle-closure glaucoma is a medical emergency that must be treated quickly to prevent visual loss or blindness.

Normal or low-tension glaucoma —The optic nerve is damaged even though the IOP is not elevated. This form is poorly understood.

Congenital glaucoma —This type of glaucoma occurs either at birth or within the first few years. It is usually related to defects in the eye that slow the normal drainage of fluid.

Secondary glaucoma —This type of glaucoma can develop as a complication of another medical condition. Examples include tumor, inflammation, diabetes, eye injury, or long-term corticosteroid therapy.

Sign up to the LifeScript newsletters below and get a FREE daily dose of news, advice, free samples, coupons and tips for better living, as well as LifeScript Daily
Deals e-mails. Healthy Advantage
Diet & Fitness
Daily Reflections
Daily Horoscope
Diabetes
Healthy Appetite
Enter Email Address

Send To A Friend! Please use the form below to email this article.

TOOLS:
GUIDE Diagnosis of GlaucomaIn her own words: living with glaucomaReducing Your Risk of GlaucomaResource Guide for GlaucomaRisk Factors for GlaucomaScreening for GlaucomaSymptoms of GlaucomaTalking to Your Doctor About GlaucomaTreatments for Glaucoma
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that can damage the eye’s optic nerve and result in visual loss or blindness. The optic nerve is a bundle of more than 1 million nerve fibers. It connects the retina with the brain. The retina is the light-sensitive layer at the back of the eye; it contains millions of cells called rods and cones. When the rods and cones pick up light, a chemical reaction takes place. This sends an electrical impulse from the retina, through the optic nerve, and to the brain. This is the sensation of sight. A healthy optic nerve is essential for good vision.

Normal Anatomy of the Eye

© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.

Glaucoma is usually caused by an increase of pressure inside the eye. At the front of the eye, there is a small space called the anterior chamber, which lies between the iris and the cornea. Clear fluid flows in and out of the chamber to bathe and nourish nearby tissues. In most cases of glaucoma, for unknown reasons, the fluid drains too slowly out of the anterior chamber of the eye. As the fluid builds up, the pressure inside the eye rises. Unless this pressure is controlled, it can damage the optic nerve and other parts of the eye, leading to loss of vision.

Glaucoma

© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.

It is estimated that 4 million Americans have glaucoma—and half of these people do not know they have it. Glaucoma is the second leading cause of legal blindness in the US, and the first leading cause of blindness in African Americans.

There are several forms of glaucoma. The most common ones include:

Open-angle glaucoma —Fluid can sometimes drain through the drainage angle of the eye too slowly, which leads to a fluid backup and a gradual but persistent elevation in intraocular pressure (IOP). The angle between structures of the eye appears normal or open. This is the most common type of glaucoma.

Angle-closure glaucoma —Drainage from the eye becomes physically blocked when eye structures occlude an already narrowed angle of exit. This traps fluid in the eye and leads to an increase in IOP. Angle-closure glaucoma may be acute, subacute, intermittent, or chronic. Acute angle-closure glaucoma is a medical emergency that must be treated quickly to prevent visual loss or blindness.

Normal or low-tension glaucoma —The optic nerve is damaged even though the IOP is not elevated. This form is poorly understood.

Congenital glaucoma —This type of glaucoma occurs either at birth or within the first few years. It is usually related to defects in the eye that slow the normal drainage of fluid.

Secondary glaucoma —This type of glaucoma can develop as a complication of another medical condition. Examples include tumor, inflammation, diabetes, eye injury, or long-term corticosteroid therapy.

12345678910Post CommentNext: Diagnosis of Glaucoma

References:

American Academy of Ophthalmologywebsite. Available at: http://www.aao.org/ .

Glaucoma Research Foundationwebsite. Available at: http://www.glaucoma.org/ . Accessed August 18, 2008.

Mayo Clinic website. Available at: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/glaucoma/DS00283/DSECTION=1 .Accessed Feb 1, 2007.

National Eye Institutewebsite. Available at: http://www.nei.nih.gov/ .

Weinreb RN, Khaw PT. Primary open-angle glaucoma. Lancet. 2004;363:1711.

I wonder which type of glaucoma did Michael.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back