Will the simpsons ever get better ?

Nirvana

Proud Member
2301 Jackson street , i know your jealous
I've been watching episodes from the 90's and it was a killer show now 3/4 of the episodes are sooooo bad one in particular i remember about a year ago was when homer goes on a fishing trip and nealry dies, It's just soooo bad and it's a major shame seeing as they have such a variety of characters. They have about 50 individual characters all uniqe and that leaves plenty of room for literally thousands of unique great episodes don't you agree

Ohhh and i have another question, Who's your favourite character. Mine is Laura powers and i dont even know why

I stopped watching The Simpsons years ago. It's a great show, but IMO it's run it's course.

You can do the same story line for only so long. It's been on TV since 1989 and Bart is still in the 4th grade, Lisa in the 2nd or 3rd grade, and Maggie is still an infant who can't talk.

Time for the show to make the kids older, or be put out to pasture.

Well exactly there are still as i said thousands of great epidodes that could be made with lots of characters there could be so many episodes starring them and THEN they could get older.....so much potential

I still like The Simpsons. Is it has good as it used to be? Of course not but i still find the show to be entertaining and watchable.

I still watch the Simpsons sometimes and still laugh at it. Not all the episodes are that funny though I agree. These days I tend to laugh more at Family Guy.

You are right in saying that the quality of the show has decreased over the years, however, it is still the best comedy show as far as animated shows for an adult audience go. It's more sophisticated than Family Guy and South Park--the crass humour and vulgarity in the latter two shows makes it all too easy to just sum them up as what they are, cheap humour. The Simpsons, however, still maintains a certain degree of respectability and 'intelligent' humour [by American standards...] Their incorporation of pop culture is also superior to that of the other two shows I named, so, in the end, it is still the best satirical show there is. I love The Simpsons, even if they have 'sold out', for lack of a better term, a bit over the years.

Having said that, my favourite character would have to be:

Mr%2BBurns%2BEvil%2BLaugh.png

I used to really L.O.V.E. the Simpsons I remember first watching them on the Tracey Ullman Show. Now I would very rarely decide to watch an episode of them. The show just dosen't appeal to me anymore. I am so far behind with that show I still think Ned Flanders still has his wife. I was very surprise to have read that she was killed in an accident or something. But my favorite Simpsons characters is still Bart, Homer, and Lisa.

it was nice when I was a kid.. it's boring as phuck nowadays and has been this way for a couple of years now.

Pfft! big deal, I still watch "The Simpsons". I don't care how boring it is.

If they made the kids actually grow up it might be more interesting. I mean come on no one stays lil that long! LOL

I don't see it getting better. The main focus now seems to be securing big-name guest stars rather than a good hook in the story. Shame, it used to be brilliant.

*resuscitating this Simpsons thread*

The show's way beyond its prime, imo.

Since its decline (starting at around sesson 10), the show has never matched its golden age (seasons 3 to 9) - only exception are the few episodes from late 18th/early 19th season, which were really fantastic.

The “Simpsons“ should’ve ended already, but no they just kept going until they couldn’t keep up. Most of those who worked on it were already aging. I already quit the the moment those 3 idiots (Groening, Jean and Brooks) killed off “Stark Raving Dad“ episode which is still an idiotic move. I even wished the Estate would just remove The Simpsons scene at the end of “Black Or White” as retaliation, like whenever I watched “Black Or White”, I always skipped The Simpsons scene is retaliation to show my disgust towards the show. Ans they’re the real reason why I’m boycotting Disney+ and never touched it.

I’m never defending The Simpsons anymore. I don’t even care anymore.

Back