Did Murray notice?

StacyJ

Proud Member
How is it that Michael was so frail and thin according to the EMT that he looked like a hospice patient but no one around MJ did anything about it?

I am also questioning why didn't Murray recommend some weight gain products to MJ? Murray even said MJ was frail so why as his personal physician did he not help him?

because if he did he would have brought it to attention and that might have caused murray to lose some of that precious money he was getting. Not to mention hes a dumbass.

Its because he wasn't as frail and thin as is being made out.

He wasn't? He seemed to be at a healthy weight in 2001 during the promotion of Invincible, but in This Is It he looks like a stick. He lost a lot of weight over those 8 years...

Guess why. Money.
In my opinion....Michael really, really needed to gain some weight. No matter how powerfull he is, and no matter that he performed his whole life....
He was thin, yes. Even that could be dealth with if he had the right people around him.
Imo....Michael was tired.

Guess why. Money.
In my opinion....Michael really, really needed to gain some weight. No matter how powerfull he is, and no matter that he performed his whole life....
He was thin, yes. Even that could be dealth with if he had the right people around him.
Imo....Michael was tired.

I agree.. Just looking at him you could tell he needed to gain some weight.. Performing he would've lost weight and Mike didn't need to lose any more weight. Murray should've had him on a weight gain regime instead of drugging him up with sleep aids. Who in the hell was caring and looking out for MJ? Did he have anyone that cared?

Michael has always been thin, he's never been a big bulky guy. I also thought that Michael looked much better during This Is It than what he did during the 30th Anniversary concert back in 2001.

Michael has always been thin, he's never been a big bulky guy. I also thought that Michael looked much better during This Is It than what he did during the 30th Anniversary concert back in 2001.

Mike didn't look well in 2001 but at least he was thicker and heavier.. He had something going on that whole year with his lips and mouth. His eyes didn't look right to me either and during TII he wore sunglasses the majority of the time so I have no idea how his eyes looked but the folks around could see something was happening negatively to him and they did nothing. Karen and Kenny knew.. Where was Frank Dileo? couldn't he tell something wasn't right? I hate them all because they saw MJ deterioriating and did nothing at all

How is it that Michael was so frail and thin according to the EMT that he looked like a hospice patient but no one around MJ did anything about it?

I am also questioning why didn't Murray recommend some weight gain products to MJ? Murray even said MJ was frail so why as his personal physician did he not help him?

Weight gaining products oh yeah they would have helped. Why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that there was nothing wrong with Michael's weight and Michael did not die because he was underweight. How is it that the coroner can get on the stand and say Michael was in excellent health and you still act like he was not? You keep going on and on about Michael's weight tell us what your weight is so we can tell you what is wrong with you?

Weight gaining products oh yeah they would have helped. Why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that there was nothing wrong with Michael's weight and Michael did not die because he was underweight. How is it that the coroner can get on the stand and say Michael was in excellent health and you still act like he was not? You keep going on and on about Michael's weight tell us what your weight is so we can tell you what is wrong with you?

I'm going by what the EMT's said on the stand. They said MJ looked like a hospice patient very pale and frail. If MJ was looking that bad then why didn't Murray give him some real help?

I'm going by what the EMT's said on the stand. They said MJ looked like a hospice patient very pale and frail. If MJ was looking that bad then why didn't Murray give him some real help?

Why don't you go by what the coroner said you know the doctor who did is autopsy the one who looked at his organs the one who weighed him?

Why don't you go by what the coroner said you know the doctor who did is autopsy the one who looked at his organs the one who weighed him?

The coroner didn't testify at the preliminary hearing.

He wasn't? He seemed to be at a healthy weight in 2001 during the promotion of Invincible, but in This Is It he looks like a stick. He lost a lot of weight over those 8 years...

Mike didn't look well in 2001 but at least he was thicker and heavier.. He had something going on that whole year with his lips and mouth. His eyes didn't look right to me either and during TII he wore sunglasses the majority of the time so I have no idea how his eyes looked but the folks around could see something was happening negatively to him and they did nothing. Karen and Kenny knew.. Where was Frank Dileo? couldn't he tell something wasn't right? I hate them all because they saw MJ deterioriating and did nothing at all
I agree with the above. MJ was always slim but in this is it, he looked too slim to be starting a tour. If you go look through the years he was always bigger before a tour and toward the end very slim, buut he always usually fattened back up by the time the tour was about to begin. Also MJ is older so 130 pounds on a 50 year old doesn't look as good as it would on a man in his 20's or 30's.I wonder how much he weighed during the early 2000's. I think he looked much better with the weight on(excluding MSG, and invincible promo)

I must disagree with you on that. Of course he was never a big guy, but you forget that the show did not even start and Michael was so thin.
And we know he had sleeping problems, because of all that stress.
He looked amazing, yes he did. He allways did. I am trying to be objective here and my most honest opinion is that 20 more pounds would have been perfect on him to start and endure 50 shows.( without him traveling...I know. )
It is uselles to compare the tours before, so I am not gonna.
I just had a strong feeling that he was tired.

I'm i the only person here who doesn't think that MJ's weight was a problem during This Is It? I think the autopsy said that Mike weighed 136 pounds and that's not to bad in my opinion. Back in the 80's it's been said that Mike weighed around 120 pounds. I know that he was at his heaviest during the early 00's but i think that he looked better when he was lighter.

Last edited:
I'm i the only person here who doesn't think that MJ's weight was a problem during This Is It? I think the autopsy said that Mike weighed 136 pounds and that's not to bad in my opinion. Back in the 80's it's been said that Mike weighed around 120 pounds. I know that he was at his heaviest during the early 00's but i think that he looked better when he was lighter.

No, I agree with you :)

I don't think his weight was a problem as far as him not being healthy. It's just that he was about to start a tour and was gonna lose more weight which wouldn't be healthy. Also 130 pounds in your 20's looks fine but as you get older more weight looks better on people. Also you have to remember camera adds weight

your twisting the medics words again. he said he thought it was a hospice paitent based on everything he saw. ie the iv stand the dr being in the room etc etc. he didnt just look at him and thought he looks so ill he must be a hospice paitent. have u all forgotten the night it happened is documented in the TII film. did he look like a hospice paitent during thriller or earth song.

seriously u need to stop repeating yourself non stop. and if u want an asnwer to your question its the same reason as to why fans like you kept having a go at mj for not working and spending to much time with his kids. all they and you cared about was being entertained by the artist and not bothered about what the human being wanted

your twisting the medics words again. he said he thought it was a hospice paitent based on everything he saw. ie the iv stand the dr being in the room etc etc. he didnt just look at him and thought he looks so ill he must be a hospice paitent. have u all forgotten the night it happened is documented in the TII film. did he look like a hospice paitent during thriller or earth song.

seriously u need to stop repeating yourself non stop. and if u want an asnwer to your question its the same reason as to why fans like you kept having a go at mj for not working and spending to much time with his kids. all they and you cared about was being entertained by the artist and not bothered about what the human being wanted

what did the human being want? are you saying MJ didn't want to do these shows in London?

what did the human being want? are you saying MJ didn't want to do these shows in London?

to be treated like a person to be able to raise his kids wihtout ppl like u complaining that he spent to much time with them and should be working instead. u and others didnt care about the mj the person just mj the entertainer. aslong as u were happy or they were making money nothing else mattered. so dont be acting like these ppl who were around mj should have noticed and cared (if there was anything to notice) cause fans like you would and were just the same

exactly

The coroner didn't testify at the preliminary hearing.

yes, he did, and he said that MJ was in excellent health. So his weight was not an issue, as far as his health was concerned.

Hospice patients do not usually give such brilliant performances as we saw in "This Is It"? Or am I wrong?

Okay, speaking of weight, Michael's chef, Kai Chase, said he wanted to be eating healthy because he was in training (or words to that effect). So she has a good idea of what he was eating and probably how much. Also seems that the doctor would/should have been able to talk to her to ensure that Michael had a certain calorie intake to maintain/increase his weight. I wonder what his average daily calorie intake was. Not that we'll ever know.
I know Michael was well experienced in knowing what he needed to do but it had been a long time since he had to rehearse like this, he was older and under a lot of stress for all sorts of reasons. He may have been WNL for his weight, etc. but he was at the low end. It wouldn't have taken much for it to drop too low as the shows progressed.

Yeh when i saw the press conference on tv i knew something wasnt right, something inside me was telling me he wasnt well

Back