MTV's Teen Mom thread

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Okay so lets get caught up in this drama... First off Jenelle Evans is a loser shes is the one that keeps getting arrested & just recently she got arrested & charged with assault on some young girl.

Heres the TMZ link: http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/28/teen-...ng-investigation-north-carolina-kieffer-delp/

Kailyn is the cute blonde with Isaac and Jonathons the a$$hole dad.
Leah & Corey are the two who belong to each other - with the twin girls!! They are so in love it makes me sick lol.
289e728.jpg

Anyway I don't really care for the other two girls ; they are spoiled, immature snots.
what else does everyone think of Teen Mom & 16 & Pregnant?

PS- IMO, MTV should not have anything to do with Jenelle Evans' lawsuits. They are two separate things. I do think its stupid that teen followers of the show, would want to get pregnant just to be on the show- yes thats what I heard.

Last edited:
Re: Teen Mom thread

If they are grown up enough and got the sense then i dont see a problem:no:

Well, that pretty harsh to say... Losers or not. We're nothing to be judging them and calling them out like that. Or.. it shouldn't be our business, I guess, it's their life. If their children are in danger, and these teenage mothers are not ready for them or can't provide for them, then they should consider giving them to adoption, at least until they are able to mature. ...

But these people need to be more strong and reduce their sex drive or choose really firm protection to avoid becoming mothers at an age where they themselves are still children, basically. .. They should have sex later. Yeah, tough thing to ask some, but it's the safest, and it's nobody's fault but the mothers' and/or the fathers' for the mothers getting pregnant..Afterall, kids are so caught up in the middle and have no voice, it's so sad. ..I doubt a teen mother could ever be prepared to become a parent at that age.

i guess im lucky that i dont have a clue about who u are talking about.!?

I'm 16, and I can't believe girls in my age gives birth to a child in that age o_O...
I mean they are still children in that age. Their life are not the same as before, because now you have to take care of a child rest of your life... And what about their education? Jesus christ.
Having a child in that age is NOT a good life.

I'll never have a child until I'm TOTALLY ready to have the responsibility for a child. I may have a child in the late 20s or 30s.

I'm 16 and I unfortunately know of a girl in my school who had a child about a year or two ago. Without being cruel or anything, the child is never talked about and it's probably safe to assume that the child is probably in the care of her parents. I don't know much about it, I haven't talked to the girl in a long time.

The way I see it, most teenage pregnancy is not planned, if at all and therefore, there is hardly any time to realize the reality of the situation before having a child thrust upon you.

I'd only ever have a child if I know that he/she can be raised in a loving, stable environment. I don't want him/her to grow up without the love and attention that they deserve. My father hardly paid any attention to me, and I don't want the same to happen to my children when I decide to have one.

So disgusting. People should be doing something about preventing these people from ending up thus. Glamourizing this social disgrace is something I refuse to support.

Sadly, it's what MTV believes "sells". Funny, in the UK there is now MTV and MTV Music. I guess they're trying to appeal to the key demographic... At any cost.

Any shows that is on MTV or RTV what I think it should be called now. When was the last time they had played music on that station? Any way I do not watch at all. I would rather watch paint dry than to watch a show on MTV especially a show that glamorizes teen pregnancies. I think it is horrible of what they are doing. Especially since these shows are making teens to want to get pregnant so they can be on those shows. I heard about it in the news recently. Plus back during the HIStory era when I was in high school I knew of a girl who was my age got pregnant and I remember her bringing her baby son to school. And I can't even begin to imagine what her life has been like now after having that child so young. Then there are my 2 little half sisters who also had babies at a young age. I haven't seen them since the Dangerous era. But I can only imagine what it has been like for them now. Shows about teen pregnancies I think are horrible and should not be shown at all. And it makes me hate MTV even more for showing something like this.

I was still a teenager when I had my oldest daughter and I thought I was ready and all that sheet but now she is around the same age or a little older than I was when I had her and I still think of her as a child and if she came home pregnant I would be worried as hell as there is no way I believe she could cope she is too damn immature! Guess I am seeing it all through my own mothers eyes now or maybe people are taking longer to grow up these days as in the old days it was normal to get married and have babies real young.

So disgusting. People should be doing something about preventing these people from ending up thus. Glamourizing this social disgrace is something I refuse to support.

Excuse me? There are plenty of teenage parents who do very well and work hard to provide their child(ren) with all the love and care it needs. It's a shame these type of shows only confirm the stereotype of teenage parents being naive, immature and unprepared but I guess that makes for "entertaining" television. It's not always like that though, and I should know because my sister was a teen (18) when she got pregnant. She was with her boyfriend for about 2 years at that point. They both had incredibly difficult childhoods so they were both estranged from their families (my sister only had contact with me and my brother, her boyfriend had no contact with his family at all) and life wasn't easy for them. But when my sister found out she was pregnant, she reconciled with her family even though they hurt her so much because she wanted her child to have grandparents etc. She and her boyfriend got married and moved to a nice rural area, 5 minutes from where we lived so we could stay in touch. Her husband (also 18) worked incredibly hard, study and job, to get his diplomas so he could provide for his family and now he has a very good job. Although his family are pretty much scum (alcoholics, criminals etc.) he is so different from them, just the most soft, wonderful person who reminds me a lot of Michael. He has the same child-like spirit too. On the 25th of April, he and my sister will be married for 6 years and they are still very happy together :) They even had another child who just turned 3. And I know more successful cases like this... just to show that not every teen pregnancy is a "social disgrace". Some people are more ready than others. Although I have to say, I love being an aunt but I couldn't imagine having kids myself now (I'm 21) :p

Excuse me? There are plenty of teenage parents who do very well and work hard to provide their child(ren) with all the love and care it needs. It's a shame these type of shows only confirm the stereotype of teenage parents being naive, immature and unprepared but I guess that makes for "entertaining" television. It's not always like that though, and I should know because my sister was a teen (18) when she got pregnant. She was with her boyfriend for about 2 years at that point. They both had incredibly difficult childhoods so they were both estranged from their families (my sister only had contact with me and my brother, her boyfriend had no contact with his family at all) and life wasn't easy for them. But when my sister found out she was pregnant, she reconciled with her family even though they hurt her so much because she wanted her child to have grandparents etc. She and her boyfriend got married and moved to a nice rural area, 5 minutes from where we lived so we could stay in touch. Her husband (also 18) worked incredibly hard, study and job, to get his diplomas so he could provide for his family and now he has a very good job. Although his family are pretty much scum (alcoholics, criminals etc.) he is so different from them, just the most soft, wonderful person who reminds me a lot of Michael. He has the same child-like spirit too. On the 25th of April, he and my sister will be married for 6 years and they are still very happy together :) They even had another child who just turned 3. And I know more successful cases like this... just to show that not every teen pregnancy is a "social disgrace". Some people are more ready than others. Although I have to say, I love being an aunt but I couldn't imagine having kids myself now (I'm 21) :p
this show mostly is 16 year old girls that are getting pregnant. ..personally if MY daughter who is now 17 came home pregnant..I would want to know what it is I am doing wrong...teens have sex..that has to be recognized....I thought mine would NEVER have sex at a young age..we have a very close relationship and I talked to her about sex since she was 12...and unfortunately....they have minds of there own...I thank God that I am close to her and was smart enough to ask about her relationship with her boyfriend. Alot of parents today have no idea what their teens are doing..I see it everyday. I just wanted to say that..if they are having sex as underage teens..it is the parents responsibility to teach them how NOT to get pregnant. and I am happy for your sister that all worked out well....she is the exception though..not the rule.

this show mostly is 16 year old girls that are getting pregnant. ..personally if MY daughter who is now 17 came home pregnant..I would want to know what it is I am doing wrong...teens have sex..that has to be recognized....I thought mine would NEVER have sex at a young age..we have a very close relationship and I talked to her about sex since she was 12...and unfortunately....they have minds of there own...I thank God that I am close to her and was smart enough to ask about her relationship with her boyfriend. Alot of parents today have no idea what their teens are doing..I see it everyday. I just wanted to say that..if they are having sex as underage teens..it is the parents responsibility to teach them how NOT to get pregnant. and I am happy for your sister that all worked out well....she is the exception though..not the rule.

I don't believe that. As I said, I know plenty* of cases where teenage pregnancy turned out well. Actually, these parents are often glad they had their children at a young age because they feel closer to them and are still able to do activities when their kids are older and such. To me, it's much worse when people at a very late age decide to get children. There was a case in the news a few weeks ago of a single woman who got pregnant at the age of 63 (she went to a doctor in Italy to get the treatment as this is illegal in my country at that age). That child will probably be an orphan before he becomes an adult. His mother will never see him get married, his kids won't have grandparents. Isn't that sad?

I'm not advocating teen pregnancy btw. It's just that I don't agree with the stereotype that (late) teenagers are by definition unfit parents.

Edit: *By plenty I mean 4, it sounds a bit weird the way I wrote it lol.

Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Teen Mom thread

Excuse me? There are plenty of teenage parents who do very well and work hard to provide their child(ren) with all the love and care it needs. It's a shame these type of shows only confirm the stereotype of teenage parents being naive, immature and unprepared but I guess that makes for "entertaining" television.

Some of the teenage moms on the show are mature beyond their years! and very responsible and very mature!! Take Maci from the first season and also Kailyn and Leah especially- since Leahs got twins shes workin overtime & shes a great mother. Not all are immature, unprepared and naive.

The fact they get paid a good amount of money for this ... I just don't know. I understand if the teen mom is trying to go to school, trying to pay for classes, trying to pay rent, trying to pay bills...etc. Take Leah & Corey- only he works right now for the water co. I do appreciate the fact that if they both are getting paid by MTV or just Leah, that she can provide for her family & maybe even take that money & take some classes or something.

I don't believe that. As I said, I know plenty* of cases where teenage pregnancy turned out well. Actually, these parents are often glad they had their children at a young age because they feel closer to them and are still able to do activities when their kids are older and such. To me, it's much worse when people at a very late age decide to get children. There was a case in the news a few weeks ago of a single woman who got pregnant at the age of 63 (she went to a doctor in Italy to get the treatment as this is illegal in my country at that age). That child will probably be an orphan before he becomes an adult. His mother will never see him get married, his kids won't have grandparents. Isn't that sad?

I'm not advocating teen pregnancy btw. It's just that I don't agree with the stereotype that (late) teenagers are by definition unfit parents.

Edit: *By plenty I mean 4, it sounds a bit weird the way I wrote it lol.
I understand what it is you are trying to say..I to heard of that story about the 63 year old woman...that is very sad. you are right in the sense that not all teens that have children at young ages are bad parents...I think the problem is they are immature,,,,and in most of the cases.the parents of the teen end up raising the child...here in the US...if a teen has a child....research shows that most of those teens cannot handle their children as I said the grandparents become the care provider..I guess it is up to the individual teens

I think it depends on the individual. I don't think it's right to judge someone for being a young mum without knowing the circumstances. Assumptions are too easy. There may be more to it than meets the eye.

We'll see how it goes. There are some who are the exception, in that they do well. However, teenagers are not prepared to have children--not economically, at least. They'd be nothing without the support of their families. I worked at a supermarket and baby items were easily among the most expensive things in the store. I'd like to see some teenage girl/couple afford all that plus a place to live, etc. on minimum wage.

Moreover, I think it is obvious I was talking generally when I said it was a social disgrace. Your sister wouldn't even be considered a pregnant teenager, since you say she got pregnant when she was 18. Most teenage (we're talking 13-17) parents do not do incredibly well, and end up struggling financially throughout their lives. Your sister, by contrast, was not a teen when she got pregnant. You say she was 18--she was a legal adult, and a fully-developed female. When one says teen pregnancy, we're talking about girls as young as 13 being pregnant and having to drop out of school to take care of their kid. That, to me, is a social disgrace. It's welcoming the new welfare. Without even a high school diploma, they're destined to be poor, under normal circumstances--and who will pay for their mistakes? We, the people, as taxpayers, of course.

That doesn't sound at all like your sister. Your sister got pregnant young, yes, but she wasn't a teen, and she (assumingly) finished High School, or at least has a husband who did. It is also noteworthy that most boys who impregnate a girl are generally pretty cowardly about the consequences of their behaviour, and I'm glad to see your sister's husband wasn't one of them.

Last edited:
talk about Glamourizing something that shouldnt be.

Back