Is Kenny Ortega Lying in court?

kasume

Proud Member
Someone showed me kenny's tweets, and I found something odd :scratch:

http://twitter.com/kennyortegablog

Walgren asked, "Following this meeting (June 20th.) Was there rehearsal that day?"

Kenny said, "No. Rehearsals resumed June 23rd.

Kenny Ortega
KennyOrtegaBlog Kenny Ortega
Have a Rockin Weekend my friends. Off to rehearsal and another day of magic and living the dream!
3:25PM 20 Jun 09

Kenny also said "Rehearsals resumed June 23rd"....

Kenny Ortega
Tommorrow's rehearsal brings us another day closer to the dream!
June 21 2009 3:50 PM

Kenny Ortega
Yes! REHEARSALS TODAY :)
June 22 2009 10:26 AM

Last edited:
Good point.. If Michael was so out of it according to Kenny why in the hell was he tweeting as if he was happy and excited? at the prelim he said he was scared for Michael because he looked out of it on the 20th right? I am confused

maybe THEY had rehearsals..but Michael didn't. attend ....it was fathers day dont forget...on one of those days..20th..21t?

EDIT....fathers Day was on the 21st..that was a Sunday.

The definitely had a rehearsal right before or on the Sunday. This was shown in This Is It.

Kenny mentions "have a beautiful sunday" after Michael lectures and everyone holds hands. During this rehearsal, MJ wore a blue shirt; this may be either on the 20th or the 21st. It is known rehearsed Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror and Black or White (shown in bonus footage) on this day.

Why are people still intimating that Kenny is doing something wrong? I still firmly believe he has and didn't do anything wrong.

Like thunder said there was rehearsal but maybe mj wasnt there. Did kenny say have a nice sunday.wasnt fathers day the day lee was called about mj being hit and cold at home.and i doubt mj would rehearse and not be with his kids on that day

The definitely had a rehearsal right before or on the Sunday. This was shown in This Is It.

Kenny mentions "have a beautiful sunday" after Michael lectures and everyone holds hands. During this rehearsal, MJ wore a blue shirt; this may be either on the 20th or the 21st. It is known rehearsed Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror and Black or White (shown in bonus footage) on this day.
I'm still puzzling over the date of this rehearsal. KO said Michael wasn't feeling well on June 19. Then when did the rehearsal shown in TII happen? Maybe they edited it somehow and the footage where KO wished everyone a beautiful Sunday was from the day when Michael wasn't there? It's confusing :scratch:

edit: I've rewatched the episode...my supposition was wrong. Of course Michael was there. It's been a long time since I've seen the movie.

Last edited:
Thoughts of guilt do exist about actions and as much about non actions.

Kenny Ortega might didn't really do something wrong. But maybe he also didn't really do what he could have.

Sometimes someone is not really lying while still also not telling the whole truth.

I think it's not up to me to really judge Mr. Ortega. But from his twitters and his words in court it obviously seems he is trying to fool himself or hiding the whole truth.
However he probably has to judge himself again and again on that cuz he'll find peace about that only the day he'll might meet Michael again and first time our creator... he'll not be able to hide or not see himeself the whole truth finally then.
It's surely good and a peace giving action to be prepared for that in telling everything already in this life but I assume many ppl chose to not do so.

Usually with a healthy clear soul you can't fool yourself and also others... as often as you try you'll end up seriously in trouble.

Karma is a bitch at times.

Wasn't it that TDCAU rehearsal on 23 June and Thriller and Earth Song on 24 June? And Kenny's tweets say nothing about MJ attenting it or beiing in great health. I think the rehearsals went on without MJ because he was sick and continued with MJ on 23 June. Kenny could have mean anything with those tweets. I would not take those tweets so seriously.

Mike shot seven works in Culver Studios in Culver City from June 1 to 11: Smooth Criminal where Mike was inserted into the classic 2D black and white film noir chase sequence, Thriller 3D movie starting in a haunted house then moving to a graveyard, Earth Song 3D short film featuring the little girl in the rain forest, TDCAU 2D film with the sea of soldiers, MJAir 3D movie with a 707 jet, the Final Message 3D movie of a little girl embracing a globe, and TWYMMF 2D with background featuring construction workers.

Got this from timeline.com for whatever it's worth.

I found this 'interesting' fragment of an interview Smokey Robinson with Larry King on June 25 (or 26, '09):

“I was in London about a month (before his death), and that was where he was going to have the 50 initial concerts that he said would probably be his last (…) concerts. But I knew that probably he was going to go around the world with those concerts. And I was in London, and the promoter who was promoting those concerts, I was talking with him. And he said, "Well, we have to cancel the first five concerts, because Michael isn't feeling well." So I said, "OK, fine, everybody is entitled not to feel well." And -- but the proof of him being Michael Jackson, who he will always be, is the fact that he was going to do 50 concerts. And the place he was playing is a big arena-type place over in London. OK? Ten minutes or so after the tickets went on sale, they were all sold out. […]”

[William "Smokey" Robinson, Jr., American singer-songwriter, record producer, and former record executive; sources: www.cnnasiapacific.com, Larry King Live, http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/]

Is he talking about Randy Philips, right..? Anyway, that was an interesting mention I haven't heard before, and I'm assuming he means he was in London in May of '09 when he allegedly learned that Michael wasn't well... I don't see why Smokey would be lying, though. I just wished we knew exactly what went on those months, all of the off things and situations.. ):.

Wasn't it that TDCAU rehearsal on 23 June and Thriller and Earth Song on 24 June? And Kenny's tweets say nothing about MJ attenting it or beiing in great health. I think the rehearsals went on without MJ because he was sick and continued with MJ on 23 June. Kenny could have mean anything with those tweets. I would not take those tweets so seriously.

I'm not taking them seriously either. Tweets are often vague.. It also may mean nothing in the grand scheme of things the impression they gave me, and how I felt no Michael in them, whatever that may mean.. But still, Karen Faye was just as 'excited', only afterwards feeling that wasn't the case?... Whatever, I'm sick of all these contradictions and inconsistencies....

Way back in Aug or Sep 2009 reports were that the meeting with Randy and Co at Michael´s house were on June 17 or 18

maybe THEY had rehearsals..but Michael didn't. attend ....it was fathers day dont forget...on one of those days..20th..21t?

No it wasn't fathers day, (like ur edit states) but you know in the MJ world the answer is never as simple... I agree with ur post btw :)

Wouldn't Ortega just have answered yes, but Michael wasn't there, or it was a limited rehearsal? He answered "no".

I remember him tweeting about the day's rehersals as well and holding that little dog in his arms. It escapes me now how we got that footage but most likely TMZ !

Michael was happy and excited-you can see it with your own eyes in This is it...Murray was the one that made Michael sick with all this drugs...and in the end he killed him:-(

Michael was happy and excited-you can see it with your own eyes in This is it...Murray was the one that made Michael sick with all this drugs...and in the end he killed him:-(

yep... I said that from the beginning.. Mike looked strong and healthy in March 2009 when he announced the shows. He started losing weight and looking quite worn out when he started visiting Klein and Murray. Murray killed Michael, but I also believe Klein was giving unnecessary treatments as well

when he started visiting Klein and Murray. Murray killed Michael, but I also believe Klein was giving unnecessary treatments as well

he was seeing klien long b4 the march conference so what u say doesnt fit..

I have strong suspicions that Kenny may have pushed Michael a bit too much perhaps, I just get this feeling. I don't think he meant to cause him any harm but he was probably told by AEG to get the most out of him and push him to his absolute limit. Kenny should have realised that although Michael was still more than capable of performing a sell out concert from start to finish, he was also a lot older than his last tour and that should have been taken into account.

I don't think Kenny is a bad person at all but I do wish he would've said something to someone that actually cared about MJ when he thought MJ wasn't well.. He said MJ didn't look right to him during that rehearsal. I wish he would've taken MJ to the hospital or something.

StacyJ;3357279 said:
I don't think Kenny is a bad person at all but I do wish he would've said something to someone that actually cared about MJ when he thought MJ wasn't well.. He said MJ didn't look right to him during that rehearsal. I wish he would've taken MJ to the hospital or something.
Mr Ortega knew Michael had a doctor and I believe he thought the doctor could take care of Michael.
That´s what the doctor was supposed to do.

MIST;3357649 said:
Mr Ortega knew Michael had a doctor and I believe he thought the doctor could take care of Michael.
That´s what the doctor was supposed to do.

well obviously that doctor wasn't helping if MJ was still looking unwell. I think they all should've taken MJ to emergency. It should've been obvious that Murray was messing up big time or wasn't helping at all.

well obviously that doctor wasn't helping if MJ was still looking unwell. I think they all should've taken MJ to emergency. It should've been obvious that Murray was messing up big time or wasn't helping at all.
it is impossible to force a 50 year old man to go to the hospital if he doesnt want to go. If person says no....you cannot pick them up and drag them to a hospital...Michael was not in a situation were he could not make his own decisions...he was of soundmind...if he wanted to go to a hosptal ..I am sure he would of went.

And how "they all should've taken MJ to emergency" if MJ did not want to go to the emergency? Last time I checked, Michael was a full-grown adult and as such could not have been taken to the emergency against his will.

it is impossible to force a 50 year old man to go to the hospital if he doesnt want to go. If person says no....you cannot pick them up and drag them to a hospital...Michael was not in a situation were he could not make his own decisions...he was of soundmind...if he wanted to go to a hosptal ..I am sure he would of went.

Not really... we all know MJ didn't make the best decisions, and that sometimes he needed protection from the outside world. The fact that Murray was pumping MJ with propofol demonstrates how MJ needed protection because of his bad decisions and the willingness of others to take advantage of him.

Not really... we all know MJ didn't make the best decisions, and that sometimes he needed protection from the outside world. The fact that Murray was pumping MJ with propofol demonstrates how MJ needed protection because of his bad decisions and the willingness of others to take advantage of him.
I understand what it is your are trying to say.....but ..believe me..a man of Michael's age cannot be forced to go to a doctor if he doesn't want to..believe me I know.my husband is 50 he had pneumonia last year...I fought with him to go to the doc and he was stubborn and he said no..well know what ....he almost died...he waited to long the doc said that 12 more hours the fluid in his lung would of crushed his heart....see a person has to want to be seen by medics...you cannot force them...no is no.

Back