Jackson family tribute concert / October 8th, 2011 / Initial details @ post 87

Do you plan to attend Michael Forever Tribute?

• Yes

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 162 91.0%

• Total voters

qbee

Proud Member
Members of Michael Jackson’s family have called a press conference for Monday in Beverly Hills to announce a concert tribute to the late pop star that will benefit charities in the U.S. and the United Kingdom.

Jackson’s mother, Katherine, will be joined at the Beverly Hills Hotel by his siblings Marlon, Tito, Jackie and LaToya to reveal details of the tribute, with strong hints in the press release that it will focus on Jackson’s “Thriller” album.

The press release issued Thursday referred to the concert as a "thriller of an event," which is being coordinated by the family members and promoter Global Live Events, not Jackson's estate.

A spokeswoman for the event said no other information is available until Monday’s press conference. Pop & Hiss will carry more details after the announcement.

Source http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...jackson-thriller-tribute-benefit-concert.html

Re: Michael Jackson family to announce at Press conference 'thriller' of concert tribute

I wonder if the Estate will comment on this

Re: Michael Jackson family to announce at Press conference 'thriller' of concert tribute

Interesting, thanks for posting qbee :)

I am so sick and tired of these people!! Once again, they're thumbing their noses at MJ's Estate, thinking they can do whatever they want, but I wish Branca would just say fuck it, and let the lawsuits fall and fly where they may! How much we want to bet, that Global whatever will be getting served by the Estate, then the family will try and feign innocence, as if they didn't know they had NO authority?

It seems that Katherine and Howard may be behind this and the siblings are showing support for it

Im not sure Estate has to approve this first of all is touted as a charity event (no Profit) also many people do
MJ tribute shows around the world. They may had already cleared with the Estate _ I hope thats one of the
questions asked at the Press conference

The only thing I question is the Use of the Thriller Name but Ive seen many tribute shows using it. Other than that
I wish them luck. Im sure many will enjoy the show. I just wish they could put on a show to highlight their talent
wihout Using Michael or his songs.

I really have no desire to hear the Jackson's singing Michael's Thriller songs.

Would they ever just go away and stop embarrassing themselves? This will go nowhere just like all the other hairbrained ideas

But...who's the "charity", Jackson pockets? So, they're getting a profit from somewhere, just like they tried to pull that scam in Gary by claiming the Jackson Family Foundation was a non-profit charity, but got caught when it was found that they hadn't applied for, nor registered it as a charity...the only charity was going to be their pockets or purses...This is true, many people do Tribute shows, but from most that I've seen, and asked about, the performer said they asked for permission of the Estate, out of respect-as it should be, not out of a feeling of authority. Now, qbee, when have they EVER tried to clear anything with the ESTATE? It's funny though, that this came out under the radar...that makes my antenna's go up. For the last point you mentioned, I can't wish them luck, becaue all they're doing is once again, riding the back of a dead man, brother or not, the facts remain the same...they claim they "made" MJ with the J5, but I've yet to see them stand on their own 2 perfectly fine feet, without piggybacking off of MJ, to show anyone that they themselves have/had any potential to begin with...God placed his hand on MJ's head and blessed him, that's something they can't seem to grasp, accept, and get over.

Im not sure Estate has to approve this first of all is touted as a charity event (no Profit) also many people do
MJ tribute shows around the world. They may had already cleared with the Estate _ I hope thats one of the
questions asked at the Press conference

The only thing I question is the Use of the Thriller Name but Ive seen many tribute shows using it. Other than that
I wish them luck. Im sure many will enjoy the show. I just wish they could put on a show to highlight their talent
wihout Using Michael or his songs.

I really have no desire to hear the Jackson's singing Michael's Thriller songs.

Jackie works with the estate at times so maybe he helped clear the way? i just wish his family would focus on the trial right now and do things later. It's really sad that we have to guess if this is a genuine thing or something shady because how they have acted since Michael died.

If anything, Jackie may feel pressured by Katherine to attend and be involved...We know how she use to manipulate and guilt Michael into doing things for the family that he didn't want to do, so...

I doubt the family will be allowed to do this "thiller" thing without the estate 's sayso

But...who's the "charity", Jackson pockets?

I hope that we won't hear HTWF or Jackson Family Foundation.

^ i have a feeling we might

Exactly Ivy, they've pulled this stunt before...anyone remember Vienna ala Jermangey?

Oh dear, here we go again. How many tributes did this family talk about that never became a reality. Well we will see abut this one. Maybe this will be the one that will take place.

Oh dear, here we go again. How many tributes did this family talk about that never became a reality. Well we will see abut this one. Maybe this will be the one that will take place.

this many

Jackson family 'to stage tribute concert' | Metro.co.uk
Quote:
5th July, 2009
Jackson family 'to stage tribute concert'

Michael Jackson's brothers and sisters are planning to get together for a tribute gig in London, where the star was set to launch his comeback.

Quote:
Date Set For Michael Jackson Tribute Concert

August 13, 2009
Michael Jackson Tribute Concert In Vienna's Schoenbrunn Palace Is Set For September 26 | Showbiz News | Sky News
Quote:
Jackson Family to Perform at Michael's Tribute Concert?

Report Email
Written by BangShowbiz on Sep-10-09 6:02pm
Jackson Family to Perform at Michael's Tribute Concert? - Michael Jackson - Zimbio
Quote:
http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/j...ncert-in-gambia

Famous American celebrity, Jermaine Jackson Tuesday announced his intention to stage a music concert in The Gambia on May 29th, 2010.
Quote:
The Jacksons to reform for Michael Jackson tribute show with A.I.

Brothers to reunite on stage in Tokyo in October; Two new Jacksons songs planned for next year
By Robert Michael Poole 29 November, 2010
Quote:
March 29, 2010 (WLS) -- A Michael Jackson fan convention will be held for the first time in Merrillville, Ind., in August.
The event was announced Monday in Merrillville at the Radisson Hotel and Star Plaza Theatre, which will host the event from August 26-29. Thousands of Michael Jackson fans are expected to flock to northwest Indiana for the event.
August 29 would have been Jackson's 52nd birthday.
The MJFanvention will feature performances from the next generation of Jacksons, including Michael's niece, Genevieve Jackson. "My Uncle Mike used to tell me how he loved it here in Indiana back in the day so that's why it's great to have the convention here because it's so special, it's such a special place to my family," said Genevieve Jackson.
It is the first tribute event endorsed by the Jackson family who hail from nearby Gary, Indiana. Tickets got on sale on March 29 at 8:58 p.m. on the MJFanvention Web site.
www.mjfanvention.com.
Quote:
Michael Jackson's most loyal Midwestern fans are celebrating the life and legacy of the King of Pop native state this weekend.
But the turnout for the first ever "MJ Fanvention", taking place at the Radisson Hotel at Star Plaza in Merrillville, Indiana through Sunday, is less than stellar.
As of Friday morning, fewer than 100 people hadregistered for the four-day event. The event's organizer hope northwest Indiana will turn into a mini-Graceland, and become a tourist destination.
"We're hoping this event will begin to inspire what Elvis has done in Memphis, Tennessee," said Don Thompson, the event's organizer. "That it becomes the nucleus of people coming together, carrying out the legacy of Michael Jackson his humanitarianism and his philanthropic interests in that regard."

Oh I forgot about the fanvention. Meanwhile Cirque has one in Vegas and several of us have already got tickets. The lesson her is that if you want something to work, do not use "the Jacksons" as a headliner.

l.o.l

Oh God please help us :doh:

qbee;3440768 said:
Members of Michael Jackson’s family have called a press conference for Monday in Beverly Hills to announce a concert tribute to the late pop star that will benefit charities in the U.S. and the United Kingdom.

Jackson’s mother, Katherine, will be joined at the Beverly Hills Hotel by his siblings Marlon, Tito, Jackie and LaToya to reveal details of the tribute, with strong hints in the press release that it will focus on Jackson’s “Thriller” album.

Oh Boy, here we go again!

First of all, they will need some REALLY BIG NAMES to pull this off. Otherwise nobody will be interested, in my opinion.

I mean, Marlon, Tito, Jackie and LaToya (LOL). Is that "supposed" to be the list of entertainers? I wonder how come Jermaine's name is not listed.

As for the REALLY BIG NAMES, no offense, but I just don't see folks wanted to be involved with the Jackson family on a business level. And I have a feeling that the RECORD LABELS behind those really big names feel the same way. Just saying!

I just hope that Michael's fan take a stand and tell the family that we want a "ENDORSED BY THE ESTATE" concert. If not they do not have our support.

Last edited:

I have tickets for 3 Immortal shows. I want to hear Michael here. I don't want to hear Jermaine doing "Human Nature"

Yes, let's hope the estate have cleared this otherwise it will cause more embarrassment. Nothing against the family but I really am not that interested in seeing any family members singing anything Thriller related.

IMO we probably will... :sigh:

Oh my God, No. Please don't direspect Michael by butchering his songs, and there's nobody left in that family who has the vocal range or ability to do Michael's songs.

Purrlease, as if. This is not about a tribute or charity. This is just another scheme to make money for the family, and like everything before it, I expect this to be a total flop.

Good luck Katherine and kids!

Out of respect for Michael Jackson and his final wishes, I will only support estate sponsored events.

PERIOD.

They can go to hell! They don't respect neither Michael nor his children! I'm ashamed that he is related to this shameful family!

Back