Indiana Jones
Jurassic Park
Total Recall
Predator
Terminator
Alien
The Godfather
Robocop

and many more. Most remakes are pointless. The best remakes in my opinion are Night of the Living Dead(1990) and King Kong(2005) but of course the original versions are better.

Die Hard
Beverly Hills Cop
Coming To America (Although there has been a planned remake for some time).
Home Alone

The best remakes i've seen are The Thing and The Fly

Remakes sometimes get a bad rep because the original film was excellent, thus their existence is often seen as redundant and clearly deficient in regards to quality. However, this is not always the case. For example, Adrian Lyne's 1997 film, Lolita could be seen as sort of a remake of Kubrick's Lolita, and both are obviously based on the Nabokov novel. Clearly, Lyne's film is the better attempt because it is more faithful to the novel, and Kubrick himself was unhappy with his work, as he felt the censors prevented him from making the film into what he really wanted it to be (i.e. making Lolita seem 14-16 instead of 12, including no sexual scenes). Nabokov's relatives also strongly prefer the 1997 version, because it is far more faithful to the novel than the Kubrick film.

I also strongly prefer Tim Burton's remake Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The original frightens me immensely.

There are also some films which should have never been made, both in original and remake form. Mel Brook's The Producers comes to mind...

Films I would never like to see remade (too lazy to put in italics):

The Last Unicorn
Der Untergang
The Empty Mirror
Quills
The Harry Potter Film Saga
Venus
But I'm A Cheerleader
Onegin
Loving Annabelle
American Beauty
Triumph des Willens (don't see this happening lol)
Edward Scissorhands (Michael ?d this film)
Amadeus

Hollywood:

Double Indemnity (I hope this movie never gets touch.)
Gone With The Wind
Contact
Whatever Happen To Baby Jane? (I so L.O.V.E. Joan Crawford and Bette Davis in this movie.)
Charade
Key Largo
North By Northwest
Somewhere In Time
Bringing Up Baby
Casablanca

Bollywood:

Veer-Zaara
Fanaa
Baazigar
Darr
Raincoat
Gupt: The Hidden Truth
Ram Jaane
Chalte Chalte
Mohabbatein
Devdas (Shahrukh and Aishwarya was beyond perfect in that movie. But I read there are plans for a remake though.)

Generally speaking there is no film I think should be remade.
The only circumstance I could suggest that it would be fine is if the film was made by a director very early in his career, and with hindsight and more money they wish to remake the film themselves to realise its potential.
I definitely would not like any film made by Bergman, Godard, Von Trier, Woody Allen, Antonioni or Bela Tarr remade. But they are just a few directors I wouldn't like to see their work re made.
I couldn't care less about the hollywood garbage, I didn't watch Spielberg the first time round, I ain't going to watch it the second time round too. So do what you like with that stuff.

Remake that is better than the original would probably be Dr Dolittle.

Oh, and Mean Girls. That sequel they tried to do was AWFUL. Thus, any attempt to remake this Hollywood masterpiece would probably go over just as well.

Any good Jackie Chan film...........

.......Other actors wouldn't even think of attempting some of Jackie's stunts

Back