Unconfirmed Reports: Bad album set for re-release with previously unreleased tracks

dmehta

Proud Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/8879265/Michael-Jackson-Bad-album-set-for-re-release.html

Michael Jackson's Estate are reportedly considering plans to re-release the 1987 album Bad with previously unreleased bonus songs.

The original album sold more than 30 million copies around the world and was the final album he worked on with Quincy Jones.

Jackson is already the top-earning deceased celebrity, with sales of $170 million over the past year, according to a list released last month by financial website Forbes.com. He is also the second highest-earning pop music act this year, dead or alive, behind U2.

According to MTV the reissued Bad album may also be followed by another album of unheard tunes 'from unreleased material left in the vaults after Jackson's death.'

On 21 November, Epic Records will release Immortal – the soundtrack for Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour. That show is generating average ticket sales of $1 million a night.

The 2009 documentary This Is It grossed $200million worldwide and his posthumous album Michael sold more than 500,000 copies. Added to a video game, it has brought more than £1bilion into the estate since Jackson's death in 2009.

When the Immortal show hits Las Vegas in December it will coincide with the annual Michael Jackson Fan Fest (December 3-14). Among the memorabilia on show is Jackson's 10,000 book library from his Neverland Ranch home, including his collection of the poetry of Ralph Waldo Emerson.

In December, in Los Angeles, there will be an auction of Jackson memorabilia from the mansion where Jackson spent his final day.

Re: Reports: Bad album set for re-release with previously unreleased tracks

I think that that won't happen anytime soon. Probably this time next year. Around October/November 2012. And new album of unreleased songs in 2013.

It's gonna happen with the Bad Tour HOPEFULLY!

I'm more looking forward to Bad tour 1988/89 concert release.

dmehta;3532946 said:
The 2009 documentary This Is It grossed $200million worldwide and his posthumous album Michael sold more than 500,000 copies. Added to a video game, it has brought more than £1bilion into the estate since Jackson's death in 2009.

Surely Michael has sold more than 500.000 copies. - Is this figure for UK only or US only? - Worldwide Michael has sold much more than 500.000 copies, right???

Ohh - and BTW.

I soo hope for at least 1 BAD concert released! Hopefully L.A. og Wembley! or MSG maybe.

Just 1 concert released is not enough. :lol:

And it needs to have SOOO much extra material! - I have always been so disappointed that the DWT release has absolutely no extra material! - Imagine that release with DWT The rehearsals as a bonus DVD!!! - Would have been the best music DVD ever released!

unrealesed tracks? YES PLEASE!!!

Im hoping for: Bad 25 2012 with unreleased material. Bad Concert Blu ray, Posthumous album 2013

Dont think the 500,00 copies worldwide is right cos otherwise how would they have gotten over the 1 billion mark ?

??? what else i have street walker and something else on my bad cd lol. what else is there from bad that we haven't heard? Is there snippets?

??? what else i have street walker and something else on my bad cd lol. what else is there from bad that we haven't heard? Is there snippets?

Jackson began recording demos for the anticipated follow-up to Thriller a few months after the 1984 Victory Tour with The Jacksons. Recording took place between January 5, 1987, and July 9, 1987, at Westlake Audio, where a special wooden stage was built to allow Jackson to dance while recording. Jackson wrote a reported sixty songs for the new album and recorded thirty, wanting to use them all on a three-disc set. Jones had suggested that the album be cut down to a ten-track single LP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_(album)

Al Capone, Buffalo Bill, Chicago 1945, Crack Kills, Groove of Midnight, The Price of Fame, Tomboy, What You Do to Me...

unreleased songs???? HELL YEA :wild:

but please without any re re recording from other artists or strange remix sounds in the background. JUST MICHAEL. finished or not!

that would be amazing! hopefully early next year :huh:

i thought Al Capone and Chicago 1945 was alturnate titles for Smooth Criminal...

ok well im ready to hear them!

I hope its a bit more extensive then thriller 25.. While thriller 25 had a couple good remixes.. the track that was released along with it was leaked from the past (well U.S. version).. I'd like to hear someting fully new to us.. And if there will be remixes do them wise

I desperatly NEED unreleased music !!!!!

Surely Michael has sold more than 500.000 copies. - Is this figure for UK only or US only? - Worldwide Michael has sold much more than 500.000 copies, right???

afaik, From This Is It album has been sold (officially) over 5.5 mill. copies worldwide, unofficially over 6.5 mill.

I hope they are unreleased songs we haven't heard before, and yeah I want the Bad Tour first!

I hope they are unreleased songs we haven't heard before, and yeah I want the Bad Tour first!

I'm sure they will be. It would be ludicrous to re-release the album with Fly Away, Streetwalker, Cheater and others we've already heard tagged on the end. Mike reportedly recorded enough songs for 3 albums during that time, so i'm sure there's plenty of songs (finished or unfinished) in the vaults that we've never heard before.

We need Bad Tour 1988 concert dvd.

I would like this and a bad tour dvd too.

Are the Estate actually considering the release of the Bad Tour or is it just wishful thinking on our part?

I hope it would better not just one unreleased song. They always like to hype up thing. I guess I should not expect to much so I won't feel too disappointed. I would prefer the BAD tour. If they do that, I will preorder right away. C'MON! Where is the bad tour. We've waiting too long.

OMG!
kermit.gif
Let's see. :shifty: Waiting... :timer:

Considering Michael wanted all the songs included in the Bad album then I don't know why they can't release a double album of all unreleased songs and call it Bad 2 and 3. I brought Bad so many time's, vinyl, tape, and cd also have all the song's on various albums I want something different now.

Yes!!! Best news I head today. Seems like they have made plans for the Bad album's 25th anniversary. We got the calendar, which has already sold out on Amazon uk. I wonder why? Did they make it in short supply, or did they sell out fast?

I hope a concert footage release is also in their bag of plans, and maybe other merchandise - Bad era posters? :dropdead:

This is US sales only. Worldwide it's expected to have sold somewhere between 2.6 - 3.0 million copies.

This is US sales only. Worldwide it's expected to have sold somewhere between 2.6 - 3.0 million copies.

THX Korgnex, your inside info is always appreciated.

Can you share ANY info regarding Bad 25th, Bad Tour, or other 2012 projects?

Last edited:

I hope they don't include Streetwalker as one of the new songs as that's already been on the special edition.

THX Korgnex, your inside info is always appreciated.

Can you share ANY info regarding Bad 25th, Bad Tour, or other 2012 projects?

He isn't an insider. Those sales figures are widely known.

^
Of course he is, i KNOW it & i'm not the only one!
Don't try to school me!

Back