Keep The Faith vs Cry

Which is better?

• Keep The Faith

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Cry

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
Hmm to be honest I was never a huge fan of these type of songs by MJ. Keep the Faith gets my choice simply because Cry's lyrics kinda confuse me.

Last edited:
Hmm to be honest I was never a huge fan of these type of songs by MJ. Keep the Faith here my choice simply because Cry's lyrics kinda confuse me.

How do they confuse you out of interest? I think they're very underrated and very inspirational. The kind of lyrics for all the people struggling in life.

Keep The Faith for me. Such an inspiring and beautiful song, especially the begining and the first and the second verses.... Cry is also good, but I believe the lyrics are kind of sketchy. I also believe that it was MJ's attempt of recreating Man In The Mirror, but unfortunately Cry couldn't live up to the high standards of MITM.

In my opinion it's not evan close. Keep The Faith easily wins

I love Cry but Keep the Faith is miles better. I love everything about it: the arrangement, the lyrics, the way Michael sings passages... it's a great song!

They'r both about 2 different things like cry is about opening peoples eyes to things thats happening in the world and keep the faith is about people who r feelin down or lacking inspiration,confidence and faith.I couldnt choose cos they both mean different things to me.I dont think Cry is just another recreation of MITM at all imo...I really believe Michael doesnt like to recycle stuff although some songs sound familiar they have different meanings which imo is just genius.

Also, with Cry I am kind of confused when Michael sings "I will answer all your prayers." Could somebody please tell me what he is conveying?

Keep the Faith. I have never been a big fan of the R. Kelly songs, although this was the better one (I don't lie YANA much).

Also, with Cry I am kind of confused when Michael sings "I will answer all your prayers." Could somebody please tell me what he is conveying?

I'd be interested in discussing this too.

Maybe the previous line 'When the flag blows, there'll be no more wars - and when all calls' can help. Flag blows suggests the white flag of surrender - implying people giving up. Michael will be there to fulfill the prayers and wishes of the people who love and need him - especially in their darkest hour.

Maybe?

There's no contest. Keep The Faith outruns it by miles.

Cry is a good song, but Keep The Faith is out of this world :)

I don't care about the lyrics in Cry anyway because Michael didn't write them, R Kelly did. So even if they are confusing, ah well! Keep the Faith wins by a mile for me.

Michael's voice is incredible on Keep The Faith! I just love how you can feel his every emotion! Near the end he is putting so much energy into the vocals it sounds as if he is just about to lose his voice. Just a amazing song!

Last edited:
Keep The Faith !! because of its positive thinking which gives us a hope :kickass:

Keep the Faith all day long. Never been a big fan of Cry for some reason.

Back