wil.i.am Talks About The MJ Tracks on RoveLA

Thanks for that. His last sentence, just standing ovation for that!

I do respect him for the thing he said in the end.

"Friendship is more important than trying to profit on somebodys past!!"

Meh, he can donate everything to charity....he knows full well these songs are what fans want, getting sick of his refusal to let the world hear what they created (if anything at all.....)

Prob didnt do anything substantial that could be released. so by saying this he keeps the mystery going

What if nothing was recorded? we know Mike and Will sat down and listened, but are the tracks releasable...and even if release them as free demos in lossless format

All the respect to Will ...at least someone cares about, understands and respects Mike's musical legacy ;)

hey as much as I want to hear those, I respect his decision, he has a point.

But maybe Michael wanted those to be released.

Or maybe there's nothing at all lol

If he doesn't want to profit from the songs, then all proceeds could be donated to charity.

Prob didnt do anything substantial that could be released. so by saying this he keeps the mystery going

Agreed.

Will.i.am is full of it. For all we know they might just be a bunch of instrumentals. If they were that good, he would WANT to share the songs, for his sake as well as Michael's. They're obviously half-baked ideas that MJ probably never had any intention of returning to (after all, the will.i.am songs were nowhere to be found on the recently leaked list of song titles).

Don't forget that by 2009 almost three years had passed since the initial 2006 sessions in Ireland and will.i.am was desperate to resume work on these tracks but Michael wasn't returning his calls - he admitted as much during an interview shortly before 25/6.

Last edited:
I do respect him for the thing he said in the end.

"Friendship is more important than trying to profit on somebodys past!!"
TRUE THAT! I respect Will.I.am for saying this too. He knows all this ish MJ went through alive and what people will say and do to make money off this man still even in death.

We should respect his decision. The last time snippets that were not completed were released, it caused a huge controversy (Cascio songs). Let him learn from that mess and keep any unfinished, incomplete, halfbaked snippets to himself. If he releases them as complete songs with an impersonator filling in the missing parts, most people will be upset, so let him do the right thing.

I see he cut his hair--nice.

Don't know what status of those songs. If they are really unfinished, no need to put them out. Look what happened to the Cascios tracks. They should stop to think they can use technology to fill the missing part. I don't mind they reproduced and tried finished the almost unfinished tracks, but it would be better to release the original demo so we can compared.

Honestly, I think those songs will I am had might be really unfinished.

i feel like any posthumous release will not affect michael's legacy negatively, it can only affect it positively, if the track is subpar then all you have to say is MJ didnt get to finish and give final approval, if the track is hot then its just another MJ song lol

Why do some think he is lying about some songs? What does he gain from doing that? Clearly NOT profit. lol The only thing I see him gaining is some angry fans and I doubt that's what he wants to do.

Last edited:
I respect his decision. Of course I would love to hear them but I guess he has a point.

And if Will had decided to release the songs, the same people who are complaining now would be calling Will a backstabber for profiting from Michael's death.

The last sentence is perfect for Cascios and others....

Great Will i am, great.

The thing is Will.I.Am doesn't need to profit off of them. Why not release them and then every disc/digital sale can go to a charity of choice? How about one of the charities Michael supported throughout his life?

People can berate me all they like, but we as the fans deserve to hear these tracks. We deserve to hear what Michael had planned for us. We understand it's not going to be exactly how Michael envisioned the final cut to be - but it doesn't make them any less special. If we don't hear them within the next 10 years I'm going to be bitterly disappointed. These songs should not die with the producer.

Some may say he's being noble, and I appreciate the notion - but I feel they should be released. They should be celebrated. They should be loved. By the people who loved Michael. These songs deserve more than to be kept on a hard-drive/kept in a safe for decades gathering dust.

Remember, Michael released numerous demos throughout his career of his work in progress. These songs are in essence - demos. Why is releasing something like this such an issue?

We don't deserve anything, the amount of songs Michael has given to us throughout his life is incredible. And I don't think Will's issue is making money, I think his issue is that he doesn't think Michael Jackson songs should be released without Michael Jackson's approval.

We don't deserve anything, the amount of songs Michael has given to us throughout his life is incredible. And I don't think Will's issue is making money, I think his issue is that he doesn't think Michael Jackson songs should be released without Michael Jackson's approval.

Truth be told, no one knows what Michael would have wanted. Sure, if he was still alive - of course he wouldn't want anything released before the tracks' time was due, but circumstances have changed now obviously. Who's to say Michael wouldn't want these tracks released? IMO Will.I.Am comes across as selfish and single-minded.

Oh yeah. And Seth MacFarlane can fuck off. He has no respect for those who have passed on or anyone for that matter. What a gormless twit. I feel for Will being put in that situation, where people are dragging Michael's name through mud on national television in front of him.

I respect his decision. Of course I would love to hear them but I guess he has a point.

And if Will had decided to release the songs, the same people who are complaining now would be calling Will a backstabber for profiting from Michael's death.

EXACTLY.
Funny. I wonder if there are fans who are mad for both people releasing books with things Michael didnt want to be known, and with Will.I.Am for not releasing tracks Michael might have not wanted to be released lol

I think people have this ill-conceived idea since the album 'Michael' that unreleased tracks can't be done in the right way. What happened with the Cascio songs is not going to happen with every release. Michael's material can be released in the right manner and in the spirit that Michael intended. Take a look at Hold My Hand (Akon) or All In Your Name (Barry Gibb). If Will.I.Am's material recorded with Michael is in its very infant phases like some people believe it is - then of course it shouldn't be released. What would be the point? I certainly don't want to see vocals chopped and changed/cut and pasted to fill in the blanks for the song... But if these tracks are in their later stages, if they are the final cut, or if Michael left specific instructions of what he wanted to do with the tracks - then they should eventually be released. That's just my opinion.

Back