Paris Jackson begins acting career - Lundon's Bridge - Summary of the book @pg42

Re: Paris Jackson to appear on Ellen - December 8th (Begins acting career)

Oh my God, seriously LOL

That's okay, I'll just sit here and pretend that I haven't been a fan for the past four years or anything. Or that Michael never said that he saw his Mother as a saint. Or that he forgave his father.

That's cool. You just keep thinking that the fans know best. Because hey, they obviously knew him better than he did. Cool beans.

You people make me laugh LOL. Especially since you've put "we" as a collective group and I'm somehow an outsider? Oh, okay LOL. I thought this community was meant to be accepting and loving. Guess not, if you have a differing opinion. If I don't worship Michael obviously I'm not a real fan, right?

LMAO

Michael would support his children yes, he said that. BUT not by letting them do whatever they wish, i'm sure. he supported her by letting her learn the craft of acting but would he allow his 13 year old to suddenly be exposed? i'd say NO!

^ Want me to give you quotes from Michael himself? Because I will, LOL. Of course Katherine would've signed something for her, but I think this is Paris' decision. She evidently loves acting and this is what she wants to do.

Edit:

"I remember my childhood as mostly work, even though I loved to sing. I wasn't forced into this business by stage parents the way Judy Garland was. I did it because I enjoyed it and because it was as natural to me as drawing a breath and exhaling it. I did it because I was compelled to do it, not by my parents or family, but by my own inner life in the world of music."

- Page 9, Moonwalk

how about THIS from Michael's OWN mouth. "I could see and hear the children laughing and playing on the playground,,,I wanted to go and play and have fun to..BUT Joe wouldn't let me...I had to practice...I had to sing until I got it right. Do you remember Michael saying THAT???

So let's break this down:

1. So far this has NOTHING to do with the Jackson family. There is no reports of them getting Paris into this. This seems to be her own decision. So stop with the "they're just trying to make money off her!!" bs.

2. We all know Paris wants to be an actress. She takes acting classes. That's just what she wants to do, and I respect that.

3. Michael said himself in Moonwalk that if his children want to get out there and act/sing/dance/whatever, he'd step aside and let them do it. So again, calm yo tits people and stop saying, "THIS ISN'T WHAT MICHAEL WANTED!!"

4. We're fans. We're only fans. We're not part of the family. We don't speak for Michael. Stop putting words in his mouth.

5. Paris is Michael's daughter. Support her. I've already seen the disgusting comments MJ fans have directed towards her on twitter. I can't believe this is what the fan community has come to. Leave her alone.

Edit: Just saw the comment "Paris is being raised by the same people that raised Michael, yadda yadda yadda", to which I will say:

Michael has said himself many times that his parents did NOT push him into show business. He wanted to sing. And I'll be damned if Joseph didn't do a good job of promoting those kids and getting them all the way to being signed at Motown. That's determination and hard work. Yes there's some messed up things that happened later, but Joseph played a major role in the early development of the Jackson 5.

I don't agree. If Michael wanted this fate for his young child (Paris IS a child, she's a less age), he wouldn't appoint guardian for her.
So you want to say Joe didn't push Michael into showbiz? Yes, Michael loved to perform. But he hated the fact he have to work hard beeing kid, he felt himself like "in the trap" ect. He acknowleged that being successful means working very hard. That experience was too bitter for him. He talked about it the whole his life.
Of course he would support Paris but when she would be a bit older and finish her school. Now it's before time and there is no strong caring person who would protect her! Don't you think Catherine would do something with her wish to be actress? She didn't even protect her young children from cruel beating. I don't blame her but i'm sure she won't stand up behind Paris back. Well maybe Joe would? I don't think Michael'd feel ok with it. Who else?

And you don't have to be so rude in your post, really. We all love Paris and wish her good. It's not BS. It's scoring.

Last edited:

how about THIS from Michael's OWN mouth. "I could see and hear the children laughing and playing on the playground,,,I wanted to go and play and have fun to..BUT Joe wouldn't let me...I had to practice...I had to sing until I got it right. Do you remember Michael saying THAT???

I sure do because it came RIGHT before the quote I posted in Moonwalk.

Have a seat.

The way people are acting here you'd think it was a movie about the Jackson 5 written by La Toya that Paris is starring in. I really think that if Michael was still alive this movie deal would still be here.

Oh my God, seriously LOL

That's okay, I'll just sit here and pretend that I haven't been a fan for the past four years or anything. Or that Michael never said that he saw his Mother as a saint. Or that he forgave his father.

That's cool. You just keep thinking that the fans know best. Because hey, they obviously knew him better than he did. Cool beans.

You people make me laugh LOL. Especially since you've put "we" as a collective group and I'm somehow an outsider? Oh, okay LOL. I thought this community was meant to be accepting and loving. Guess not, if you have a differing opinion. If I don't worship Michael obviously I'm not a real fan, right?

LMAO

4 years??? Try 34 years for me. anyway,,,,of course you are a fan of Michael...but you are also a family supporter..and you dont find anything wrong in anything that they do...even if that means putting one of Michael's OWN children at risk. ..THAT is not cool

OH GOD NO

I LIKE JANET JACKSON

I THINK LATOYA IS CUTE

I LIKED JERMAINE'S BOOK

QUICK MJ FANS LOCK ME AWAY I'M OBVIOUSLY SUCH A BAD PERSON!!!!!!!!!

Girl please.

I sure do because it came RIGHT before the quote I posted in Moonwalk.

Have a seat.

so why didnt you quote THAT???....and let me tell you one thing young lady you are rude and ignorant...now YOU have a seat!!

I don't really understand why you guys are complaining so much, maybe its her decision, and nothing but? :). Please don't get mad at me, but Michael always said he wanted a normal childhood for his children, she had a pretty normal one if you ask me. Michael also said in a interview, i think it was with Barbara Walters that if his children wanted to follow him, or just be in the showbizz as well, think about the good and bad things...and if you still want it, then good luck and get out there.

So unless i missed something, this is how i think about.

There is a difference from Michael working every day since the age of 5 recording music from Paris doing one movie at the age of 13. She might not even star in another movie for a year or longer.

We don't know how Michael would feel. Are if he would have said yes to this. But was not that long ago we heard him talk about a lost childhood. Someone else heard it too and we can tell she did not listen

so why didnt you quote THAT???....and let me tell you one thing young lady you are rude and ignorant...now YOU have a seat!!

And you chose to ignore the part that I DID quote.

Let me tell you something: you do NOT know Paris. You did NOT know Michael.

And I will be as rude as I need to be when I see bullshit by people like you.

Edit:

"A lot of celebrities say that they don't want their children to go into show business. I can understand their feelings, but I don't agree with them. If I had a son or a daughter, I'd say, "by all means, be my guest. Step right in there. If you want to do it, do it."

- Page 282, Moonwalk.

sit-down.jpg

You can't tell me anything have a nice day

"A lot of celebrities say that they don't want their children to go into show business. I can understand their feelings, but I don't agree with them. If I had a son or a daughter, I'd say, "by all means, be my guest. Step right in there. If you want to do it, do it."

- Page 282, Moonwalk.

I'm gonna keep posting this.....

As I said I hope she can act

And you chose to ignore the part that I DID quote.

Let me tell you something: you do NOT know Paris. You did NOT know Michael.

And I will be as rude as I need to be when I see bullshit by people like you.

Edit:

- Page 282, Moonwalk.

thats ok..all it does is show me your immaturity,

thats ok..all it does is show me your immaturity,

You do know when you feel the need to call out someone's "immaturity" it says a lot about you? Instead of treating me as an equal you've used belittling phrases and your age to make yourself feel more important and relevant to this conversation. Unfortunately, your tactic is not flying and comes off as incredibly stupid and self-worthy.

I gave you strong arguments based on quotes from Michael himself. You attempted to use a quote, however you did not use his exact words or provide a source. I provided a source from his own Autobiography. To me, your argument is only based in emotion. You need to take the emotion out of it if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm sure you're a very nice lady but I cannot continue to debate with you if you won't even give me a strong argument, and instead reduce yourself to calling me immature. That's not how the world works.

You used the word bullshit at some one and you are upset because you were belittled?

You do know when you feel the need to call out someone's "immaturity" it says a lot about you? Instead of treating me as an equal you've used belittling phrases and your age to make yourself feel more important and relevant to this conversation. Unfortunately, your tactic is not flying and comes off as incredibly stupid and self-worthy.

I gave you strong arguments based on quotes from Michael himself. You attempted to use a quote, however you did not use his exact words or provide a source. I provided a source from his own Autobiography. To me, your argument is only based in emotion. You need to take the emotion out of it if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm sure you're a very nice lady but I cannot continue to debate with you if you won't even give me a strong argument, and instead reduce yourself to calling me immature. That's not how the world works.

as I stated in my previous posts...you are entitled to your opinion...therefore..that makes me entitled to mine. If it makes you feel awhole lot better about yourself to get the last word on a subject..then honey,,,I am gonna let you do that..I wont sit here and debate you any longer,,if I want to debate a gal with an attitude,,,I have kids of my own..probably your age to boot...possibly older. So I will say,,,you have one this ..and give you the last word..after all...it is apparent you wont stop until it IS you that has final say. Have a nice day..:)

as I stated in my previous posts...you are entitled to your opinion...therefore..that makes me entitled to mine. If it makes you feel awhole lot better about yourself to get the last word on a subject..then honey,,,I am gonna let you do that..I wont sit here and debate you any longer,,if I want to debate a gal with an attitude,,,I have kids of my own..probably your age to boot...possibly older. So I will say,,,you have one this ..and give you the last word..after all...it is apparent you wont stop until it IS you that has final say. Have a nice day..:)

These are problematic. You cannot use these words against someone in an argument. It belittles yourself and it belittles me. And yes I will have the last word because you cannot see what you're doing. You are taking an attitude that is far greater than the one you percieve me to have. You're coming across as nothing more than a Mother who is telling their child, "well you're wrong and that's that".

I am your equal. This is the internet. You are not my Mother LOL. You are certainly NOT my superior.

And that said, my opinion was based strongly in fact on what Michael had said himself from DIRECT QUOTES from his book. You had absolutely nothing. I was trying to have an intelligent debate with you and you brought it down to a level which I will not sink to. I did not belittle you, I did not insult you. You have done BOTH towards me. That makes you the lesser person here and I'm actually quite hurt that you would say these things. I hope you don't treat your children like this. My Mother would never say such awful things.

Again, I never meant anything personal against you. We are talking about something that yes, does concern personal issues but this is the internet and if you make it personal, you will get hurt. This for me is not a personal argument (until you questioned my maturity and age) and I apologise if it is for you.

I really have lost a great deal of respect for you right now and I think you need to think about what you have said to me.

Edit: As far as the "bullshit" comment goes. How is that personal? The word bullshit is not personal. It refers to someone's opinion, which to me is not an accurate reading of their personality. It is simply how they feel. If you can't seperate yourself from your opinion then that's your problem, not mine. For me, my opinion on Michael Jackson does not colour who I am. Or who I am outside of the internet. In fact we'd probably get along very well outside of this argument! But again, do you see how you are making things personal without need be?

I am beginning to wonder if they some kind of culture clash here. Maybe in some countries it's all well and good for a 13 years to decide they want to act and the parents go along with it without taking into account the girl's age or lack or real world experience.

No one still haven't answered the question of what would happened if Paris truly sucks? With this family, she will most likely end up like Toya.

Wow... smh

Friends please keep quiet and respectful to each other. We don't have to battle about it. Michael loved his daughter and would warn her a lot of times before support her idea.
BW: Michael, if this little boy says: Daddy I want to go on the stage? After what you've been through?
MJ: I would say: Hold on now. Hold on. If you do go that way, expect this, expect that, expect this (counting on the fingers)
BW: You'd lay it all out?
MJ: I'd lay it all out. See you gonna get all this, all this and all this. You ready to do that? Anf if he says yeah I can't wait, then I would say: Go and do it better than I did.
BW: But know what you're in for
MJ: But know what you are in for.

But Michael isn't with us anymore so many people have concerns about her because her daddy won't help her, teach her and care about her if something goes wrong with her career. I believe it's easy to understand and please don't call it BS!

What MJ said in "Moonwalk" was in the 80's, what MJ said about his children was in the 2000's...When he became a father, his opinions and feelings evolved, as they should have. Sure, the Jacksons ARE getting a cut from this. Check the contract. I bet Paris never sees ANY profits she may be entitled to from this thing, not even any put in a TRUST for HER. These family supporters appear as delusional as the Jacksons. MJ was a grown man who cried like a baby over his lost childhood...to insinuate that he would abdicate this for his own child, is ignorant imo.

i dont understand why shes playing in such a cheap production. if it would be a good movie at least..

It's her first role, she has to start from somewhere i guess.

It's her first role, she has to start from somewhere i guess.
Or maybe this is the beginning of her just having a z-list career. With this family, it's really hard to not think the worse.

What MJ said in "Moonwalk" was in the 80's, what MJ said about his children was in the 2000's...When he became a father, his opinions and feelings evolved, as they should have. Sure, the Jacksons ARE getting a cut from this. Check the contract. I bet Paris never sees ANY profits she may be entitled to from this thing, not even any put in a TRUST for HER. These family supporters appear as delusional as the Jacksons. MJ was a grown man who cried like a baby over his lost childhood...to insinuate that he would abdicate this for his own child, is ignorant imo.

If we want to get kind of dark, he also cried about this when he was under the influence of drugs. Even at the end of his days, he was still hurt about the stuff he went through being a child star. Why would he wished the same thing on his kids. Sure, things could had been different if Michael was still here and he could used his own painful experiences to help his kids avoid the pitfalls of stardom. But, Michael isn't here.

The people who are guiding this child are the same people who 'guided' Michael and his siblings. If you go by their record, it isn't pretty. Michael had life-long mental scars and some of his siblings; Jermaine, Toya specially, live in denial about their lack of talent and continue to chase a faded dream because no one in that family kept it real with them. This same kind of denial filters down to the next generation with some trying to go into the music scene since the 90s, while others don't have any real talent and should go into other areas to thrive in.

But, who cares. She wants it. There are old sayings that goes, 'be careful what you wish for' and 'you got what you wanted, but you lost what you had.'

Rudeness seems to be a trait for this individual, the only way it seems they can express themselves.

Anyway, all I have to say about this is, if Michael were still here I would'nt have an issue with this as it would be clear to me that his judgement and advice to her would've been a deciding factor. I am not sure about the judgement of those who are supposed to be in charge given their actions over the past two years. I wish her the best and hopes it all turns out well. I sincerely hope the people who are supposed to be looking out for her well being are doing just that.

Back