PDA

View Full Version : Paris Jackson begins acting career - Lundon's Bridge - Summary of the book @pg42

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

KingMikeJ
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/280mhab.png

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2011/12/paris_jackson_-_thursday_december_8_2011.php#.TtpZ3283BNA.faceboo k

http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/Photoshoot/2011/FilmParis/51LDekBDV6L.jpg

http://lundons.com/meet.html

MsCassieMollie
03-12-2011, 06:11 PM
You have got t be f*cking kidding me? The Jacksons have no shame!!!! Let her, Prince, and Blanket be children!!!!!

Michael wouldn't have wanted this....

MsCassieMollie
03-12-2011, 06:13 PM
On a brighter note, at least the interview is with Ellen. She a cool chic and loves MJ which is good.

ivy
03-12-2011, 06:16 PM
According to IMDB the movie is in development and set to release in 2013. They have been trying to do this movie since 2007.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1250981/

http://youtu.be/TMRPzVgqHi0

CinnamonGirl
03-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh wow...

MsCassieMollie
03-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Michael didn't mind that his children wanted to be in showbiz (actor/director). I have no problem that Paris wants to be an actress but not this soon. You see how a career as a kid affected Michael deeply? I think Paris should focus on her childhood/education and when she turns 18 she could focus on her career. PPB are not stars!

Paris is already getting criticized/attacked. The more the Jacksons put the kids in the spotlight the more they are vulnerable to attacks.

Nonetheless the movie sounds nice and Paris wanted to be involved for obvious reasons. Hopefully filming won't conflict much with her education.

Anyway I wish her the best.

Hazard
03-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I can't believe Jackson family are using these kids to make money.. They should all be ashamed of themselves.... Michael did not in a million years want this to happen to his kids. He wanted them to enjoy their childhood and do all the things that he couldn't do. What the hell is wrong with this family?

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them

JMie
03-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Woah!

MJJ7777
03-12-2011, 06:39 PM
:bugeyed:o , Are you kidding me??? Now thats too much! They're barely in high school!
Michael didn't want this :no:, History in repeat mode, Im done.

la_cienega
03-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Does who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them

The family need this tattooed over some very visible part of their bodies.

Vici
03-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Since the movie is coming out in 2013 Im sure this is not to promote the movie so why is she going on Ellen to discuss how her life has been since MJ passed?

We have had Toya, Janet and Jermaine on Ellen since MJ passed away... why put his child there? This is so wrong.

Im a bit dissapointed in Ellen.. at least Oprah acknowledgesd on the "behind-the-scenes" that how they should approach the kids knowing MJ wouldnt have wanted it....

Ben
03-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I must admit this bugs me less than the modelling thing. Of course, she's still very young, but others actors started young as well, i.e Jodie Foster who is far from being a feather-head. It all depends on how much time she spends on sets and how much importance she gives her education, I guess. Most of all, it depends on who takes care of her in this, and we all know what to think here...

Re-the interview, I agree with Vici. Is it about promoting a movie yet to be made, or to know the intimate details of how Michael was as a dad and what happened since he passed? <_<

MJJ7777
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I must admit this bugs me less than the modelling thing. Of course, she's still very young, but others actors started young as well, i.e Jodie Foster who is far from being a feather-head. It all depends on how much time she spends on sets and how much importance she gives her education, I guess.
Where Michael's coming from, he would have seen that differently but oh well IDK not my business, my heart just aches for MJ and his cherished views on a childhood lost. I guess they'll see what he meant when its probably too late. What a shame.

la_cienega
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
According to IMDB the movie is in development and set to release in 2013. They have been trying to do this movie since 2007.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1250981/

http://youtu.be/TMRPzVgqHi0

What's the studio behind this?

Did he just film this in his house? LOL

Oh I see... it sounds like it'll be a Who Framed Roger Rabbit type animated movie.

jaydom7
03-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 07:14 PM
13 years is too soon to start any carrier. I understand every teenage girl is dreaming about acting or modeling but family should stop it until time. Can't believe they allowed her

tricia70
03-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't see a problem with this. Michael knew they wanted to go into showbusiness so she is getting an opportunity. This movie seems nice for her. Look Michael started his career much much younger, she is 13, this in no way is interfering with her childhood imo. I can't wait to see her blossom as an actress. I'm glad she didn't go the modeling route.

HIStory
03-12-2011, 07:18 PM
This is what I found about it:

Larry and Shawn King have joined other Hollywood heavyweights in helping to launch a new franchise of children's books and a forthcoming live action motion picture franchise where 50% of all profits go directly to schools across the United States. The man responsible for this revolutionary concept is best-selling author and producer Dennis Christen, author and creator of Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys. As author and creator of Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys, released this month, this will be the first in a series of five books penned by Christen, based on a story by Christen and Craig Zukowski. Christen along with the Kings and other public figures are taking a stand against the rapid deterioration of today's school system. Imagine if half of all the Harry Potter profits went to schools? Christen has done exactly this and with the support of the Hollywood community the Lundon's Bridge franchise is giving 50% of all book sales, 50% of all film tickets sales and 50% of all merchandising to our schools. This 50% is from gross revenue.

The motion picture Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys will begin production in the spring of 09 and is being produced by Sandman Studios (Principals worked on Shrek, The Game Plan, Race to Witch Mountain and Pushing Daisies) and C-It Entertainment Group. In an unprecedented and unique opportunity in casting, children between ages 5-10 years old are being encouraged and invited from every city in America to submit their own home-made audition videos via the internet. For detailed information regarding auditions please visit www.lundonsbridge.com.

The Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys book and film franchise is a modern day fantasy adventure for the whole family with a moral message of family love, importance of family in society and cleaning up our environment. This story, filled with adventure after adventure uses family love and the magic of belief as weapons to fight a war between the land and the sea. The main character, Lundon, is a young girl from Clearwater, Florida who loves and believes so strongly in her father that her love and belief cannot be stolen from her.

http://www.beverlyhillspeople.com/pages/Larry_King.html

maral
03-12-2011, 07:21 PM
i don't know what say. i wish her the best but 13 is too young

Sunflowers
03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't think we should judge on the acting thing so fast. What if Michael was here and she had gotten this opportunity and told her dad she really wanted to do this. Would he have said no straight away? I'm pretty sure he would have looked into the project, contemplated things and spoken to Paris about this. The subject of the moving looks very good to me. It's a fitting movie. If this is what she aspires.... I just hope the family keeps a close eye.

As too the appearance on Ellen. Yeah well....... it's defo not to promote the movie. So I think she should have been kept away from it. But better Ellen then Oprah.

prettygirlmj
03-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Time to join the family buisness kids and make us some $$$

MsCassieMollie
03-12-2011, 07:28 PM
MUZIKfactoryTWO MUZIKfactory2
@ParisJackson U supposedly know ur dad better than us. Do u really think u would be in that film @this age or on twitter IF HE WAS ALIVE?
15 minutes ago

ParisJackson Paris Jacksoη
@MUZIKfactoryTWO yes he would keep encouraging me for this, especially since it's about saving the planet…
11 minutes ago

@ParisJackson But love, YOU come before any cause. I know u've been strong but not sure if u r prepared IF (I hope not) this flops
9 minutes ago
in reply to ↑

@ParisJackson
Paris Jacksoη
@MUZIKfactoryTWO ur not sure, i am…
8 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

prismsagainst5live
03-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't see a problem with this. Michael knew they wanted to go into showbusiness so she is getting an opportunity. This movie seems nice for her. Look Michael started his career much much younger, she is 13, this in no way is interfering with her childhood imo. I can't wait to see her blossom as an actress. I'm glad she didn't go the modeling route.

I agree. Michael startesd at 5 and his career was FULL ON. Doing the odd movie might be ok, and Paris is now a teenager, she has had a great childhood in her young years, these are her teenage years. So the situation is not directly comparable.
And I agree re Jodie Foster etc, not all teen stars are doomed to Lindsay Lohan route, her problems stem from more than her young fame imo.
Paris is smart and well grounded (thanks to michael) have a bit of faith in her, the things michael taught her have not gone out the window, no matter how hard the family try.

Ben
03-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Where Michael's coming from, he would have seen that differently but oh well IDK not my business, my heart just aches for MJ and his cherished views on a childhood lost. I guess they'll see what he meant when its probably too late. What a shame.

I understand the way you feel. I'd rather she stayed in school personally.

KingMikeJ
03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
@ParisJackson U supposedly know ur dad better than us. Do u really think u would be in that film @this age or on twitter IF HE WAS ALIVE?

No one should ever talk to any of Michael's children like this.

Vici
03-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I agree. Michael startesd at 5 and his career was FULL ON.

Yeah and look how much he suffered from it....

I know we cant compare her life to Michaels but still... we know how much starting his career at a young age affected him and MJ would never have wanted the media or public to harass them

maral
03-12-2011, 07:40 PM
i may be wrong but it feels like a slap in Michaels face on KJ's part.

ivy
03-12-2011, 07:41 PM
This is a subject that I'm having mixed feelings.

I think Paris really wants this - acting - attention - spotlight - fame.
I also ask myself why now? Why wouldn't an adult say "it's too early. Wait till you are 16 -18."
I'm not sure if Michael would be okay with it at this age.

In addition : although Paris's belief and confidence in herself is nice , it doesn't mean a thing. Example: My cousin when 15 decided to drop out of high school to pursue a career in music. My uncle was adamant that he had to finish high school and get his diploma and then he could do whatever he wanted. Guess what? He couldn't do a career in music and he needed that diploma. Kids might think that they know what they want and what is best for them - but that might not be true.

MattyJam
03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I feel sorry for those kids because everyone feels like they have a right to judge every move they make. Everyone thinks they know what's best for them, rather than just letting them do what feels right.

Maybe Paris wants to do this for her own reasons. Just because MJ had a bad experience why should that hold Paris back? The situation with Michael was completely different, he was much younger and he was made to practise in fear of a beating. I see no reason why Paris should have to answer herself to a bunch of self-righteous MJ fans who think they know what's best for her when they've never even met her.

missred07
03-12-2011, 07:43 PM
m~~~~I don't know what I should think and actually it's not my business. MJ said he doesn't mind whether his kids going in the showbiz. He just wanted to make sure they knew all the things they had to deal with before they step in. I just hope MJ already had enough time to explain all those things already. If this is what Paris really wants to do and she knew all the consequence to be in the showbiz, I do think MJ would support her and hope she can be a successful actress. It would be hard for MJ's kids in showbiz but I think maybe acting would be better than singing. lol Their Dad set the bar too high for anyone to reach. I really hope if this is what she wants, she is having enough talent and strength to survive through this business. Not every child star were doomed and not every celebrity kids were doomed.

and I think Ellen would be a nice host. She is always funny in a respectful way and she obviously loved MJ in certain way. I think it's way better than Oprah or some other host who have grunge toward MJ.

ivy
03-12-2011, 07:43 PM
edited to add

http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/Photoshoot/2011/FilmParis/51LDekBDV6L.jpg

Vici
03-12-2011, 07:45 PM
edited to add

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

MattyJam
03-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I feel sorry for those kids because everyone feels like they have a right to judge every move they make. Everyone thinks they know what's best for them, rather than just letting them do what feels right.

Maybe Paris wants to do this for her own reasons. Just because MJ had a bad experience why should that hold Paris back? The situation with Michael was completely different, he was much younger and he was made to practise in fear of a beating. I see no reason why Paris should have to answer herself to a bunch of self-righteous MJ fans who think they know what's best for her when they've never even met her

ivy
03-12-2011, 07:51 PM
http://lundons.com/meet.html

So Paris is the only human character that's the main character.
Shawn King is the voice of Queen Dalina
Dennis Christen is the voice of Jumper
Larry King is the voice of King Pom
Ted Lange is the voice of Wart
Joey Fatone is the voice of Paco

and video showing Paris

http://youtu.be/teMYYm2aaZw

and amazon is selling the book - with Paris on cover

http://www.amazon.com/Lundons-Bridge-Three-Keys-1/dp/097181516X/

MJJ7777
03-12-2011, 07:53 PM
The Entertainment Industry is no joke, its a trap, young stars especially are prone to exploitation of the worst kind and end up being messed up in the end as a result. All I can say is if this is what she really wants be prepared,be strong, I hope and pray for the best.:pray:

elusive moonwalker
03-12-2011, 07:55 PM
No one should ever talk to any of Michael's children like this.agree. That person needs to remember they are talking to a child.wonder how much money the family are getting out of this?and no child should be on t.v talking about the last two years.aint nothing more than abuse.how long before that child is going to be asked about the horrendous things she saw and said on that day. is anyone protecting themso they have been trying to get this off the ground since 09 and paris is the only human character in the film. sounds like they are using her in hope of finalky getting it off the ground.sounds like that dodgy film mj did with stoller that i cant even remember the name of part two

prismsagainst5live
03-12-2011, 07:56 PM
looks...amateurish....this doesn'r strike me as a huge launch vehicle in manner of Jaden Smith Karate kid etc...

justnat
03-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I do have mixed feelings about it. While Michael clearly wanted his children to pursue their dreams, including successful careers in arts if they wish so (it is actually very clear from "Honoring the Child Spirit" book which I would never buy but strongly recommend as a free reading), he also was very clear about his position regarding child stars. The age is still a question. From the other hand, when this film will be finishes, Paris will probably be around 15 years old. Many movie actors started at this age. This does not make them "child stars". Actually, real "child stars" are normally fading at that age if they were not lucky enough to make successful transition because they are actually no longer children (Macaulay Culkin, anyone?)
The material that film is based on seems age-appropriate. Paris herself is pretty clear that her dad encouraged her interest in acting.
I will wait and see. And I will support Paris.

ivy
03-12-2011, 07:58 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/11gkmmr.jpg

Ramona122003
03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
When I hear fans say, 'well she wants to do this', I actually wonder how many of you are parents? I don't mean this in a demeaning way, but seems some of you really believe that a 13 years old is able to make such choices about their lives.

A 13 years old girl is not an adult. This is the problem I had with some fans during the tribute. She is still a little good who just recently lost her only parent in the world. Are you honestly going to tell me that she is mentally ready to really jumped into the spot light? What if this movie bombs or worst, she isn't a very good actress? What if she, for the lack of better words, sucks and is ripped apart by the media? Is she prepare for all of that? She is really prepare to be on Entertainment Tonight where she will be really judge on her looks, personality, and her acting skills? How do you know she is even getting this role based on her talent and not just because she's Michael Jackson's daughter?

There's allot of 'what ifs' here and we should just throw it under the rug because she wants to do this. Kids and teenagers what to do allot of things. They want to stay up late, eat junk food, skip school, play video games all day, ect. Just because they want to do it, doesn't mean they should. That is what parents are for.

I am not saying this film role is either good or bad. I'm just saying that this is an important moment and should be respected as such. Paris is not an adult and I wish fans and some people in that family would stop treating her as one.

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 08:00 PM
This is a subject that I'm having mixed feelings.

I think Paris really wants this - acting - attention - spotlight - fame.
I also ask myself why now? Why wouldn't an adult say "it's too early. Wait till you are 16 -18."
I'm not sure if Michael would be okay with it at this age.

In addition : although Paris's belief and confidence in herself is nice , it doesn't mean a thing. Example: My cousin when 15 decided to drop out of high school to pursue a career in music. My uncle was adamant that he had to finish high school and get his diploma and then he could do whatever he wanted. Guess what? He couldn't do a career in music and he needed that diploma. Kids might think that they know what they want and what is best for them - but that might not be true.

I think EVERY girl her age is dreaming about showbiz and want to act or model. They sure they want it more than anything else. But not every child can appraise the situation correct. Not every child can have a deal with lure of showbiz. Let's hope Paris will make the best decision and her family will help her to find herself.
But I still have a feeling MJ wouldn't be happy that his little girl goes to showbiz before time. All his thoughts and rememberings were about his lost childhood. I hope Paris won't go through this

Vici
03-12-2011, 08:00 PM
This girl is going overboard

"MUZIKfactoryTWO MUZIKfactory2
@ParisJackson I am eeeelated you are on a film. Next you should exactl what ur aunts did and run away at 16 then pose for Playboy"

elusive moonwalker
03-12-2011, 08:01 PM
That pic of paris is so photo shopped doesnt even look like her

prismsagainst5live
03-12-2011, 08:01 PM
the movie seems to be in aid of schools, thats a nice twist.

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 08:02 PM
When I hear fans say, 'well she wants to do this', I actually wonder how many of you are parents? I don't mean this in a demeaning way, but seems some of you really believe that a 13 years old is able to make such choices about their lives.

A 13 years old girl is not an adult. This is the problem I had with some fans during the tribute. She is still a little good who just recently lost her only parent in the world. Are you honestly going to tell me that she is mentally ready to really jumped into the spot light? What if this movie bombs or worst, she isn't a very good actress? What if she, for the lack of better words, sucks and is ripped apart by the media? Is she prepare for all of that? She is really prepare to be on Entertainment Tonight where she will be really judge on her looks, personality, and her acting skills? How do you know she is even getting this role based on her talent and not just because she's Michael Jackson's daughter?

There's allot of 'what ifs' here and we should just throw it under the rug because she wants to do this. Kids and teenagers what to do allot of things. They want to stay up late, eat junk food, skip school, play video games all day, ect. Just because they want to do it, doesn't mean they should. That is what parents are for.

I am not saying this film role is either good or bad. I'm just saying that this is an important moment and should be respected as such. Paris is not an adult and I wish fans and some people in that family would stop treating her as one.

Totaly agree.

Ramona122003
http://i41.tinypic.com/11gkmmr.jpg

This looks cheesy.

Is a professional movie company even making this this thing? It would if her first feature was a cut, paste, edit heck job, Red Box movie.

MsCassieMollie
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/Photoshoot/2011/FilmParis/parisssss.JPG
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/Photoshoot/2011/FilmParis/3z78gagu.jpg
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/Photoshoot/2011/FilmParis/gggg.JPG
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/Photoshoot/2011/FilmParis/parisss.jpg

KingMikeJ
03-12-2011, 08:04 PM
MUZIKfactoryTWO
MUZIKfactory2 @ParisJackson And it would be grave mistake for you to act like a SPOILED BRAT! This is exactly what ur dad didnt want! Remember?

@ @MUZIKfactoryTWO how am i acting this way? i am just protection the people i love from a person that is cyber harassing them :(

MUZIKFACTORY is insane.

elusive moonwalker
03-12-2011, 08:04 PM
The concern is there is no one with the kids best intrests at heart. we know what the family care about. if it were the opposite and their were ppl around that saw the kids as something more than cash cows fans might not be as concerned. but who exactly had the kids intrests as a priority

prettygirlmj
03-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Why are people on twitter talking to Paris like that? Leave her alone. This is not her fault. Go talk to Katherine about this exploitation.

elusive moonwalker
03-12-2011, 08:06 PM
And the above is why paris should not have a public twitter account.once again where are the adults. that fool should be ashamed of themselves. do they even think about how mj would feel.

MsCassieMollie
03-12-2011, 08:08 PM
MUZIKfactoryTWO
MUZIKfactory2 @ParisJackson And it would be grave mistake for you to act like a SPOILED BRAT! This is exactly what ur dad didnt want! Remember?

@ @MUZIKfactoryTWO how am i acting this way? i am just protection the people i love from a person that is cyber harassing them :(

MUZIKFACTORY is insane.
She has HUGE history of insanity. The worst part is Paris is getting hurt by her :(

justnat
03-12-2011, 08:10 PM

Well, OK, I am a parent. Moreover, my daughter is 22 now and finishes her Masters this year. So I guess I have some experience in that regard.
We are not talking about "stay up late, eat junk food, skip school, play video games all day, etc." We are talking about the young teenager who wanted to be an actress for some time. She did improvs with her dad. She took acting lessons. She is pretty persistent.
Yes, the role of the parents is to decide what's good and what's bad. But the role of the parents is also encourage the dreams and help achieve them. I know enough people who lost their dreams because of parents' practical approach. "It is too early", "you are not good enough", "this is not practical"
There is a great poem by Philip Larkin called "This be the verse". I cannot post it hear, it has a bit of colourful language. However, I do recommend it as food for thought.

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
agree. That person needs to remember they are talking to a child.wonder how much money the family are getting out of this?and no child should be on t.v talking about the last two years.aint nothing more than abuse.how long before that child is going to be asked about the horrendous things she saw and said on that day. is anyone protecting themso they have been trying to get this off the ground since 09 and paris is the only human character in the film. sounds like they are using her in hope of finalky getting it off the ground.sounds like that dodgy film mj did with stoller that i cant even remember the name of part two

That's why family shouldn't allow them to have an access to Internet. Everytime i see it i can't but feel sorry about this children. I think nothing's bad would happen with them if they wouldn't go to twitter. Yes they are just a kids but they are special children also and every sick man could talk with them like that. There are so many fun in the world but surf the net

JMie
03-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I just hope Paris doesnt get hurt in the end. I hope this film is being done by professionals and we dont end up getting a Wales tribute part 2 with this.

Ramona122003
03-12-2011, 08:15 PM
MUZIKfactoryTWO

MUZIKFACTORY is insane.

Seriously, where are the guardians? Posters like this should be blocked.

I don't mind Paris having a twitter account, but she needs to be monitor. She isn't some teenager from down the block, she is a well known figure and they're people who will harm her both mentally and physically because of who her father was. Someone needs to twits the Jacksons an tell them to start acting like guardians to these children.

justnat
03-12-2011, 08:18 PM
That's why family shouldn't allow them to have an access to Internet. Everytime i see it i can't but feel sorry about this children. I think nothing's bad would happen with them if they wouldn't go to twitter. Yes they are just a kids but they are special children also and every sick man could talk with them like that. There are so many fun in the world but surf the net

Disagree again. Internet is a part of modern live. It it, but all means, NORMAL for a teenager to have twitter. I personally might like it or not. This does not change the fact that if you shield the children too much, they will have no notion of a real word out there. And the cyber word, sadly, is the part of this real word.
I read Paris twitter several times. Generally, she handles challenges quite well. As an average teenager.

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Someone needs to twits the Jacksons an tell them to start acting like guardians to these children.

They sooner push children to another tribute or tv-show or movie than warn, monitor or protect them from haters.
IMO

ivy
03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
actually just reading her recent conversation with Muzikfactorytwo showed me that she's still a kid.

Although I think what Muzik wrote was harsh and not needed, it's also obvious that Paris doesn't understand where she was coming from. She went from a dismissive know it all teen to you're bad, you hurt me kid stand. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not saying this in a negative way, it's totally normal for a kid her age. Just to me it shows that she's not ready to be under public scrutiny .

God forbid if her acting receives negative reviews would everyone be "haters"?

Ramona122003
03-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Well, OK, I am a parent. Moreover, my daughter is 22 now and finishes her Masters this year. So I guess I have some experience in that regard.
We are not talking about "stay up late, eat junk food, skip school, play video games all day, etc." We are talking about the young teenager who wanted to be an actress for some time. She did improvs with her dad. She took acting lessons. She is pretty persistent.
Yes, the role of the parents is to decide what's good and what's bad. But the role of the parents is also encourage the dreams and help achieve them. I know enough people who lost their dreams because of parents' practical approach. "It is too early", "you are not good enough", "this is not practical"
There is a great poem by Philip Larkin called "This be the verse". I cannot post it hear, it has a bit of colourful language. However, I do recommend it as food for thought.

I do agree to an extent, but there is a balance, like everything in life.

I am not a parent, but given my age I do remember being a teenager. At that age there was allot of stuff I thought I could do if I just work hard enough for it. My parents, however, taught me at an early age to focused on school, get an education, and then go after your dream. They did this not because they didn't believe in me, but because they knew that I might need a fall back if things didn't pan out.

For example, my brother wanted to be a game programmer and went to school for that field. My mother and father also wanted him to get a degree in teaching because that is a somewhat steady job and his field tended to have low employee and high lay off rates. He didn't think going for education was important and focused on his field. When he got out of school, the technology field in general went down and no one would hire him because he didn't have five years with of experience. He had to go back to school and get that teaching degree that he thought he didn't need. So, just because you want something and believe you can get it, doesn't mean it's going to happen. A teenager isn't really mentally prepare for that kind of reality. That's just a fact, not matter how mature they maybe.

Also, the main question is, how do you she's even good as an actress? This family doesn't have the best record of telling the truth about their children's talent. You can be as presence as you want, but if you don't have 'it', you really doesn't matter. Just asked Jermaine and Toya.

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Disagree again. Internet is a part of modern live. It it, but all means, NORMAL for a teenager to have twitter. I personally might like it or not. This does not change the fact that if you shield the children too much, they will have no notion of a real word out there. And the cyber word, sadly, is the part of this real word.
I read Paris twitter several times. Generally, she handles challenges quite well. As an average teenager.

Let's don't remember they are NOT just a normal teenagers. They are special children.
And i don't really think if some kid haven't twitter account he'd be out of touch. It's in general.
I don't think they shouldn't have net at all. But somebody have to watch it. It's not bad when you are just 13 years old

twinklEE
03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
With influences like Latoya, Randy, Janet, Rebbie, Jermaine, Genevie, Stevanna, Tito's overgrown old son's. Marlon, Jackie, Joeseph, there is no surprise why this child, (yes at 13 you are a CHILD) is sooo keen on fame, she obviously has no idea of what early fame and celebrity can do to a person, nor is there one single adult who would tell her that. SMDH. All that is left to do now is to to hope Michael looks after her, cuz God knows nobody else is doing that, certainly not her guardian.

Diplomate
03-12-2011, 08:29 PM
And the above is why paris should not have a public twitter account.once again where are the adults. that fool should be ashamed of themselves. do they even think about how mj would feel.

They are not monitored, so you can see the result...

And the problem with the crazy Muzikfactorytwo is that many people are thinking the same.. x_x

prismsagainst5live
03-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I worry that people are going to hate on nher acting simply because they hate MJ...

Sophielo
03-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I just find this dreadfully sad. Michael was so adamant that his children have a childhood. Yes, of course I'm sure she really wants this but I wanted loads of stuff when I was 13; doesn't mean that it was all good for me. I just have the family are encouraging this for the wrong reasons.

Misayko
03-12-2011, 08:38 PM
i dont understand why shes playing in such a cheap production. if it would be a good movie at least..

twinklEE
03-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I just find this dreadfully sad. Michael was so adamant that his children have a childhood. Yes, of course I'm sure she really wants this but I wanted loads of stuff when I was 13; doesn't mean that it was all good for me. I just have the family are encouraging this for the wrong reasons.I'm willing to bet my life on that. That child is going to end up like Miley Cyrus by the time she's 18/19, and the Jackson family is not going to stand by, they're going to sell her out, like they've sold her father out. Life is messed up, when your own family is your biggest enemy, especially if they only, solely view you as a cash cow.

ETA: My words may sound harsh now, but they're the truth, I can already see how many of her ''beloved'' relatives; uncles, aunts, cousins etc, sell her down the river in 4/5/6 years, it's bound to happen and it's going to happen.

elusive moonwalker
03-12-2011, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=prismsagainst5live;3551437]I worry that people are going to hate on nher acting simply because they hate MJ...[/QUOTof course they will just like all the sick comments she gets about mj. if she wants to have a twitter account then it should be private. but no adults in that family give a dam unless its making them money and paris is gonna grow up thinking the fans are nut jobs when ibfact many of them are the only ppl who truely give a dam about those kids

Ben
03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
With influences like Latoya, Randy, Janet, Rebbie, Jermaine, Genevie, Stevanna, Tito's overgrown old son's. Marlon, Jackie, Joeseph, there is no surprise why this child, (yes at 13 you are a CHILD) is sooo keen on fame, she obviously has no idea of what early fame and celebrity can do to a person, nor is there one single adult who would tell her that. SMDH. All that is left to do now is to to hope Michael looks after her, cuz God knows nobody else is doing that, certainly not her guardian.

We all know the values of this family, and education id certainly not one of them. As for Paris' guardian, I have the strong feeling it's become Latoya.

soulmum
03-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Just wanted Paris and her brothers to enjoy their childhood first before joining the grown up world. Feel a little sad about this.

twinklEE
03-12-2011, 08:51 PM
We all know the values of this family, and education id certainly not one of them. As for Paris' guardian, I have the strong feeling it's become Latoya.

Same here, Latoya's influence is very clear, it's a shame that a mentally disturbed person as her is allowed to be near minors. Latoya is not up to good, people mistake her stupidity/lack of education for dumbness, but behind that mask of illiteracy there is a cunning manipulative woman, who is willing to say and do anything, this very fact makes her extremely dangerous imo.

prismsagainst5live
03-12-2011, 08:51 PM
i know they have enjoyed their childhood, they are teenagers, this is their teenagehood, different to both child and adulthood.

myosotis
03-12-2011, 09:01 PM
This does look a bit of a 'string and brown paper' production...and the title is horribly clunky (So Paris is playing 'Londun'!)

It is more than likely that her offer to 'star' in this is because of who her father is (not how good an actress she is )..which is the difference between her and other young actors at her age eg Macauley and the 'Harry Potter' actors. It may be fine if it is successful, but I think it is quite troubling if she is not really wanted 'for herself' and her acting skills....if this is a poor production and bombs, her name as an actress will bomb with it, and so will the chance of future 'good' offers, as opposed to endless 'tacky offers which will appeal to the lowest common denominator ie the 'minor celebrity lets watch the latest 'career car crash' crowd.

max000
03-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Get your concerns about kids and show biz. Quite a few of them come out on the other side, you know. Jodie Foster, Brooke shields, started as pups and got Ivy Leagues degrees. Reese witherspoon and many others have college degrees too.

Need more information about the people behind this project. But at first glance, like the feel and message of the movie. Ellen will take care of Paris.

Ben
03-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Get your concerns about kids and show biz. Quite a few of them come out on the other side, you know. Jodie Foster, Brooke shields, started as pups and got Ivy Leagues degrees. Reese witherspoon and many others have college degrees too.

That was my first thought, and it could happen.
I still think the people who are supposed to care for her wont push her in that direction, but rather to the glittery side of show biz.

MJsSusie
03-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Matty i couldn't have said it better even though i have tried. We supported Michael in everything he tried why cant we do the same for paris? Paris is 13 she is not 5 years old being pushed into show biz by her greedy father unlike Michael. Paris studied acting and for her to take on this movie as a first only proves that she has her mind right.

How do we know what Michael would or wouldn't want from his children? How do we know this is KJ or Joe pushing them? This could be something (heaven forbid) that the kids ACTUALLY WANT TO DO ON THEIR OWN. couldn't that be? We have no say in their lives. If they make mistakes growing up they will learn from them. We can not keep sitting here and saying you disagree with this or that. you think everything these kids want to do is pushed at them from the family. well like i said and will keep sayin they have minds of their own. Prince and Paris both want to do acting and if this is what they want why not support them as we did Michael?

maral
03-12-2011, 09:19 PM
the thing is i'm sure Michael would support her. but he would also pepare her, teach her, WARN her about the negativity, the sharks that come with this. mostly he'd get involved and supervise as any parents should. i'm not so sure these kids are getting the guidance HE would give them.

Ramona122003
03-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Same here, Latoya's influence is very clear, it's a shame that a mentally disturbed person as her is allowed to be near minors. Latoya is not up to good, people mistake her stupidity/lack of education for dumbness, but behind that mask of illiteracy there is a cunning manipulative woman, who is willing to say and do anything, this very fact makes her extremely dangerous imo.

I think you give Toya too much credit.

She is definitely has no good intentions for the kids, but I wouldn't call her cunning. She is too in your face and talks too much to be any real danger. If she was really clever, she wouldn't have five stories about how Michael died and shifting the blame between the estate, AEG, and shadow people every month. If I call anyone cunning, it would be Randy because he talks little and appears to anyone who doesn't pay attention as a concern brother who only wants the best for Michael's legacy.

I will agree that Toya is manipulative, specially to the kids. I am certain she plays the part of the concern aunt very well to the children and Paris maybe believe her to the point that she tells her certain things that ends up in the Tabs. However, Toya always ends up given herself away and I'm sure the kids will see through her one day.

To me, Toya is mentally unstable and is more of a danger to herself than anyone else.

Diplomate
03-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Genevieve Jackson must be pissed :lol: Her young cousin got a role at 13! :lol:

dmehta
03-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Before we rush to criticise, maybe Paris wants to do this? If she's being pushed into it then that is obviously wrong, but to me it seems that acting is something Paris wants to do in the future.

As long as they are protected and not pushed into doing too much too soon, then i don't see too much of a problem with it.

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 09:32 PM
The difference between Jodie Foster and Paris Jackson is the Jacksons Jodie's mother gave a damn. The Jacksons? Well when they were informed someone was sending sexual tweets to Paris they did not do much so

twinklEE
03-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I think you give Toya too much credit.

She is definitely has no good intentions for the kids, but I wouldn't call her cunning. She is too in your face and talks too much to be any real danger. If she was really clever, she wouldn't have five stories about how Michael died and shifting the blame between the estate, AEG, and shadow people every month. If I call anyone cunning, it would be Randy because he talks little and appears to anyone who doesn't pay attention as a concern brother who only wants the best for Michael's legacy.

I will agree that Toya is manipulative, specially to the kids. I am certain she plays the part of the concern aunt very well to the children and Paris maybe believe her to the point that she tells her certain things that ends up in the Tabs. However, Toya always ends up given herself away and I'm sure the kids will see through her one day.

To me, Toya is mentally unstable and is more of a danger to herself than anyone else.I didn't say Latoya's nonbrain was behind this, I say her attention whoring ways are a bad influence on Paris and the two boys in general.

13 year old's want to do a lot of stuff, I'm sure billions of 13 year olds all over the world, would love the idea of becoming a star/a celebrity, so what? The difference here lays in the the fact that the Jackson's don't give a damn, they are not going to step in case things get out of hand, they are going to sell out, just like they sold her father out. They're not there to look for the good, they are there to exploit in whatever way possible. There's 13 year old's who want to become hookers, I don't see rational people arguing ''oh well let's let them, if that is what they want, they are 13 not 5, just because x amount of hookers died, it doesn't they'll die too''. I have 13 year old sister sitting at home, who wants to do all kinds of things, but she's not let loose to do whatever she pleases, if my sister were to come tomorrow and say I wanna drop out of school, my mom wouldn't let her, she wouldn't say ''oh well maybe u still become someone/turn out alright, just because 99 per cent of school drop out's lives sucks, doesn't mean urs will too, ur old enough to decide''.
Paris age, and the lack of genuine people in her life is the main problem here. Her guardian doesn't give a damn, all her guardian is concerned about is to get tat big fat paycheck at the end of the month, and how to make even more money to distribute among her useless senior children.

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Before we rush to criticise, maybe Paris wants to do this? If she's being pushed into it then that is obviously wrong, but to me it seems that acting is something Paris wants to do in the future. As long as they are protected and not pushed into doing too much too soon, then i don't see too much of a problem with it.Since when do children get to do what they wanted? What if Paris can't act? Critics will kill her. But she wanted to do it so..

max000
03-12-2011, 09:36 PM
This does look a bit of a 'string and brown paper' production...and the title is horribly clunky (So Paris is playing 'Londun'!)

It is more than likely that her offer to 'star' in this is because of who her father is (not how good an actress she is )..which is the difference between her and other young actors at her age eg Macauley and the 'Harry Potter' actors. It may be fine if it is successful, but I think it is quite troubling if she is not really wanted 'for herself' and her acting skills....if this is a poor production and bombs, her name as an actress will bomb with it, and so will the chance of future 'good' offers, as opposed to endless 'tacky offers which will appeal to the lowest common denominator ie the 'minor celebrity lets watch the latest 'career car crash' crowd.

Really? A famous last name always get you in the door. You think fearless Paris will allow a minor set back to kaput her ambition.?

Ramona122003
03-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Matty i couldn't have said it better even though i have tried. We supported Michael in everything he tried why cant we do the same for paris? Paris is 13 she is not 5 years old being pushed into show biz by her greedy father unlike Michael. Paris studied acting and for her to take on this movie as a first only proves that she has her mind right.

How do we know what Michael would or wouldn't want from his children? How do we know this is KJ or Joe pushing them? This could be something (heaven forbid) that the kids ACTUALLY WANT TO DO ON THEIR OWN. couldn't that be? We have no say in their lives. If they make mistakes growing up they will learn from them. We can not keep sitting here and saying you disagree with this or that. you think everything these kids want to do is pushed at them from the family. well like i said and will keep sayin they have minds of their own. Prince and Paris both want to do acting and if this is what they want why not support them as we did Michael?

I think you're underestimating the gravity of her choice. We're talking about a 13 years old girl going into show business where she will be judged, mocked, analysis, and gawk at. This isn't like her deciding whether she wants to join the cheering squad or something. This business is heartless and isn't for the ill prepare, not matter what your age is.

We also have to remember that she lost her only parent. I don't think most understand this, but this isn't the same as it would had been if Michael was still alive. She is much more vulnerable now and needs more guidance and care, now more than ever. This isn't about what she may wants, but what's best for her well-being and mental growth. People like Brook Shields had both of her parents, Paris doesn't.

I keep saying this, but 13 years old is not an adult. She's still mentally a child and should be treated her age. She has all the time in the world to go into acting, it isn't like it's going to just disappear.

Ramona122003
03-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Sorry, misread your post.

In that case, I completely agree.

Sorry, meant to quote Bitter_finalEE_twinklEE.

elusive moonwalker
03-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Its only two years since everything happened and the trial etc. She is and will be in a very difficult place. u dont want anything to happen that could mentally push her over the edge in some way. thsts why now more than ever she needs adults who care around her

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 09:43 PM
To hear the family tell it she is better off so who cares

AngieJ
03-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Does anyone seriously think this film will be released in theaters?

I hope there's something we're not aware of like Will Smith or someone with credibility is producing or is someway involved in this film.

ivy
03-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I looked to the companies involved in this.

Paralight Films is the main company. These are their projects

SOL (2010 / 2011) independently financed and produced science fiction film currently seeking distribution for a release.

http://youtu.be/lYf4jdLpg5E

Humbug - A Christmas Carol, Beau and Beanstalk and Speed of Light are books in screenplay format.

There are a lot of other screenplays as well.

Their website shows Lundon's Bridge as a movie to be done for schools / shown in schools. It also says that it was to start in May 2009 and be shown at schools in 2010. It's apparent that it didn't happen and their plans have changed and became bigger.

This is from 2009 article

With an unconventional marketing strategy inspired by Dennis Christen, Sandman Studios plans to show the movie only in elementary school cafeterias transformed for an evening of fundraising into a "theater," Cross said. Schools will collect 50 percent of the admission price.

With actors like Shawn King , Larry King's wife, and Joey Fatone, formerly of 'N Sync, slated to participate in the project, Sandman Studios is certain "Lundon's Bridge" will be a hit.

"It's a good story," Cross said. "It's something I would want my children to see."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705291111/A-fundraising-Bridge-for-schools-Students-to-market-book-education-gets-cut-of-profits.html?pg=2

The other companies involved provide side services : such as Sandman studios is a company that does animation and GMT studios makes stages/studios for the movies. Both are decent firms. Sandman studios animation work can be seen below

http://youtu.be/mmmAVGazdeg

dmehta
03-12-2011, 09:50 PM
15 minutes ago

@MUZIKfactoryTWO yes he would keep encouraging me for this, especially since it's about saving the planet…
11 minutes ago

@ParisJackson But love, YOU come before any cause. I know u've been strong but not sure if u r prepared IF (I hope not) this flops
9 minutes ago
in reply to ↑

@ParisJackson
Paris Jacksoη
@MUZIKfactoryTWO ur not sure, i am…
8 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Some people should stop harassing her on twitter.

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
this is unbelievable...Michael wouldn't like this at all. Child stars always end up going down the drain...again..WHY....because they dont have a childhood. I am highly disgusted about this whole thing. I really would think that Katherine..her guardian..the one that is INCHARGE of this kids mental and physical well being would of said NO...not until she turns 18. But AGAIN Katherine proves her LACK of parental judgement...what a damn failure she is as a guardian. I am afraid for her future.. have been since June 25th...and decisions like this continually.... prove our instincts right. Just because Paris a CHILD says...I want to be an actress,,,Grandma..who is SUPPOSE to be in control...DOESN'T need to say YES to everything. Obviously we can see WHO is in control...and that IS NOT the adult. To bad...:(

ivy
03-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Does anyone seriously think this film will be released in theaters? .

Honestly it looks like straight to DVD type of movie. The initial goals was even "only in elementary schools". Currently I feel like they are going with "major motion picture" route just because they signed up Paris. I can't help but think they are banking on Paris and Michael's popularity. If the movie flops or receives negative criticism it would be mostly placed on Paris because she's the only human actor - rest are just participating as voice talents.

prismsagainst5live
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
othet issue...she being paid upfront or on a movie-profit basis?

Ashtanga
03-12-2011, 10:11 PM
:wtf:

Many are saying OK to it.... But do not forget: Michael is not here to guide Paris. Look at who is around her, Prince and Blanket. :fear: Think about it. If Michael were here, we would not be worried. FACT!

Well, a new nightmare is about to begin, fasten your seat belts.... :(

HumanNature2210
03-12-2011, 10:12 PM
First and foremost, I think she is still too young and should concentrate on school but then it could be a one-off project say during the summer holidays, I don't know. I do kind of agree a little bit about Ivy's observation about Paris liking attention but then again, I feel Paris's over riding motive as to carry on Michael's massage especially helping kids and the environment (or at least I hope so).

Kids have always talked about Michael's passion for film and how they want to do it together and who knows maybe they want to realise some of those dreams. We cannot compare Michael situation with Paris situation here. Michael to a certain extend was forced to perform (of course he also loves it) to earn a living for the family whereas Paris's could be more for what she like to do (she does not have to worry about money for the rest of her life). Also, I was looking at the article that "respect" posted, it seems like a noble cause and spreading a very meaningful message that Michael has been championing all his life. The character requires a kid, hence, I don't think Paris can still do it when she reaches 18. All I hope is she stay level headed, remembers what Michael taught her, do good with her gift (acting in this case) and do not get swept away in the madness of Hollywood. Good Luck!!!

MJJ7777
03-12-2011, 10:14 PM

Many are saying OK to it.... But do not forget: Michael is not here to guide Paris. Look at who is around her, Prince and Blanket. :fear: Think about it. If Michael were here, we would not be worried. FACT!

You got it.:clapping:

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I agree that the difference between Paris and actresses like Jodie Foster, Tatum O'Neal and Brook Shilds is adults who stand up behind their back. That girls had strong parents, fathers or mothers, who stand up for them. What about Paris? Michael was A SINGLE parent who raised her, cared about her and hide her from public attention like very tenderly. He passed away just a couple of years ago. The whole her life changed. Who's now in charge for Paris? Who would protect her, warn her, advice her and stand up for her? There're a lot of people around her. If it's LaToya or a lot of cousins who are sick for public attention themselves, we can't be sure for her, really.

Hazard
03-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I fear for her. I hope she doesn't go through the same pain that her father went through in his life.

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 10:26 PM

You are absolutely right. You expressed my thoughts!

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree that the difference between Paris and actresses like Jodie Foster, Tatum O'Neal and Brook Shilds is adults who stand up behind their back. That girls had strong parents, fathers or mothers, who stand up for them. What about Paris? Michael was A SINGLE parent who raised her, cared about her and hide her from public attention like very tenderly. He passed away just a couple of years ago. The whole her life changed. Who's now in charge for Paris? Who would protect her, warn her, advice her and stand up for her? There're a lot of people around her. If it's LaToya or a lot of cousins who are sick for public attention themselves, we can't be sure for her, really.

exactly...the problem here,,,,is that Paris is being raised ..now...by the same people that raised Michael...and LOOK what they did to him. This really is such a damn shame.

max000
03-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Honestly it looks like straight to DVD type of movie. The initial goals was even "only in elementary schools". Currently I feel like they are going with "major motion picture" route just because they signed up Paris. I can't help but think they are banking on Paris and Michael's popularity. If the movie flops or receives negative criticism it would be mostly placed on Paris because she's the only human actor - rest are just participating as voice talents.

No matter. She has to get expierence somewhere. Criticism/Flops/Setbacks huge part of show Biz. Paris like everyone, especially her dad will have to suck it up and move on.

I am out of here. "The sky is falling" crowd taking over.

marebear
03-12-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't know what to say. I think she should be 16-18 before doing anything serious. I am sure Ellen will be kind to her. I just don't know. I will be praying for her and her brothers. It would be different if Michael was here. He would protect them.I just hope everything will be okay.

HumanNature2210
03-12-2011, 10:40 PM
And before anyone jumped on me saying "she is still to young to t know what she wants" and "Michael will not want this", I will say I have two kids, a son same age as Paris and a daughter same age as Blanket. My son is very matured and level headed and is very clear what he wants in life. He has his dreams charted out since he is 9 years old although I continuously tried to persuade him to go into studying business and finance like me which I feel have better job prospect but he strongly disagree with me. Also, we don't know whether Michael will or will not agree. And perhaps it is good that she learn early whether she is good in acting or not, one has to face reality sooner or later (and yes, Michael will not be around to guide her which is very sad). But at least I am glad that she her first acting role is something very positive, spreading positive message and raising fund for school, rather than some shoddy story line.

maral
03-12-2011, 10:42 PM
exactly...the problem here,,,,is that Paris is being raised ..now...by the same people that raised Michael...and LOOK what they did to him. This really is such a damn shame. exactly! THIS sums it up

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 10:43 PM
So let's break this down:

1. So far this has NOTHING to do with the Jackson family. There is no reports of them getting Paris into this. This seems to be her own decision. So stop with the "they're just trying to make money off her!!" bs.

2. We all know Paris wants to be an actress. She takes acting classes. That's just what she wants to do, and I respect that.

3. Michael said himself in Moonwalk that if his children want to get out there and act/sing/dance/whatever, he'd step aside and let them do it. So again, calm yo tits people and stop saying, "THIS ISN'T WHAT MICHAEL WANTED!!"

4. We're fans. We're only fans. We're not part of the family. We don't speak for Michael. Stop putting words in his mouth.

5. Paris is Michael's daughter. Support her. I've already seen the disgusting comments MJ fans have directed towards her on twitter. I can't believe this is what the fan community has come to. Leave her alone.

Edit: Just saw the comment "Paris is being raised by the same people that raised Michael, yadda yadda yadda", to which I will say:

Michael has said himself many times that his parents did NOT push him into show business. He wanted to sing. And I'll be damned if Joseph didn't do a good job of promoting those kids and getting them all the way to being signed at Motown. That's determination and hard work. Yes there's some messed up things that happened later, but Joseph played a major role in the early development of the Jackson 5.

Ashtanga
03-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Who's now in charge for Paris? Who would protect her, warn her, advice her and stand up for her?

:(

Michael, of course. Only he could guide PPB in the right way. :( I do not trust anyone. :nono: Now, is in the hands of God. May He protect them and guide them to right path. :pray: *big sigh*

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 10:48 PM
dont know if this is already posted

http://youtu.be/teMYYm2aaZw

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/teMYYm2aaZw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

marebear
03-12-2011, 10:49 PM
If she really is serious about this then I hope maybe Janet can guide her. She has experience in acting. The others do not and are in the music business.

ivy
03-12-2011, 10:54 PM
No matter. She has to get expierence somewhere. Criticism/Flops/Setbacks huge part of show Biz. Paris like everyone, especially her dad will have to suck it up and move on.

True but have you seen her twitter responses today?

she responded to someone saying "you don't know me personally" and labelled them as "hater".

The reality is when you put yourself on the public spotlight by being an actress, you need to realize that people that doesn't know you personally will criticize you and you have to be prepared for it.

That's why I believe she's not realizing what she's getting herself into as she doesn't realize the reality of "public opinion" and is offended by it. Once she becomes an actress her world wouldn't only consist of "people who know her personally", it would include a whole a lot of public.

Ashtanga
03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
The reality is when you put yourself on the public spotlight by being an actress, you need to realize that people that doesn't know you personally will criticize you and you have to be prepared for it.

That's why I believe she's not realizing what she's getting herself into as she doesn't realize the reality of "public opinion" and is offended by it.

Exactly! :(

Well, actually, now, certainly some of the Jackson family will guide Paris. Sure! :fear: *big sigh*

AngieJ
03-12-2011, 11:00 PM

1. So far this has NOTHING to do with the Jackson family. There is no reports of them getting Paris into this. This seems to be her own decision. So stop with the "they're just trying to make money off her!!" bs.

2. We all know Paris wants to be an actress. She takes acting classes. That's just what she wants to do, and I respect that.

3. Michael said himself in Moonwalk that if his children want to get out there and act/sing/dance/whatever, he'd step aside and let them do it. So again, calm yo tits people and stop saying, "THIS ISN'T WHAT MICHAEL WANTED!!"

4. We're fans. We're only fans. We're not part of the family. We don't speak for Michael. Stop putting words in his mouth.

5. Paris is Michael's daughter. Support her. I've already seen the disgusting comments MJ fans have directed towards her on twitter. I can't believe this is what the fan community has come to. Leave her alone.

Edit: Just saw the comment "Paris is being raised by the same people that raised Michael, yadda yadda yadda", to which I will say:

Michael has said himself many times that his parents did NOT push him into show business. He wanted to sing. And I'll be damned if Joseph didn't do a good job of promoting those kids and getting them all the way to being signed at Motown. That's determination and hard work. Yes there's some messed up things that happened later, but Joseph played a major role in the early development of the Jackson 5.
Why bother spinning this? The most obvious thing is, this wouldn't be happening to any other celebrity kid. With other celebrity kids it's all about having the best surrounding them, not having them work with no names and has beens. Who's not going to be saying WTF to this news.

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Why bother spinning this? The most obvious thing is, this wouldn't be happening to any other celebrity kid. With other celebrity kids it's all about having the best surrounding them, not having them work with no names and has beens. Who's not going to be saying WTF to this news.

Because it's the truth? LOL! I admit that I was surprised at the news, but ultimately this is her first film and I think it has a really good message that Michael would've liked. Not everything has to be big budget.

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 11:07 PM
So the Jacksons have nothing to do with this well someone had to give Paris permission. Someone had to signed a contract he's a minor. How to get permission to use her picture? Michael was never pushed into show business? I guess he took his own clothes off but oil on his body and whipped himself. Whatever

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:08 PM
^ Want me to give you quotes from Michael himself? Because I will, LOL. Of course Katherine would've signed something for her, but I think this is Paris' decision. She evidently loves acting and this is what she wants to do.

Edit:

"I remember my childhood as mostly work, even though I loved to sing. I wasn't forced into this business by stage parents the way Judy Garland was. I did it because I enjoyed it and because it was as natural to me as drawing a breath and exhaling it. I did it because I was compelled to do it, not by my parents or family, but by my own inner life in the world of music."

- Page 9, Moonwalk

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 11:10 PM
^ Want me to give you quotes from Michael himself? Because I will, LOL. Of course Katherine would've signed something for her, but I think this is Paris' decision. She evidently loves acting and this is what she wants to do. Michael said a lot of things. You just ignore the ones you don't like

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Michael said a lot of things. You just ignore the ones you don't like

LOL! Oh please. Seriously? He says a lot of times through Moonwalk that singing was HIS choice. Yes his life was hard, but he was never forced. That was my point. In fact he says this further in Moonwalk on the same page as the last quote:

"When you're young and you're working, the world can seem awfully unfair. I wasn't forced to be Michael the lead singer - I did it and loved it - but it was hard work".

You're just ignoring the parts you don't like either. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Ashtanga
03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
:sigh:

Oh God.... :doh:

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 11:15 PM

All I am gonna say to this post is this.. YOU are entitled to YOUR opinion as to what Michael would WANT for his children..we have heard him say time and time again WHAT he would want..and THIS is not it. Further more you come off VERY rude and arrogant with your yadda yadda yadda Bullshit....YOU have expressed your opinion...and I have expressed mine..and so has everyone else in this thread...there is NO need to get all pushy with YOURS. Joe and Katherine were BAD parents for what they did to Michael...I really dont care what YOU or anyone else has to say about THAT. We heard it out of Michael's own mouth. "Have you seen my childhood" It DOESN'T take a rocket scientist to figure out what HIS views would be on this...so for you to say that we DONT know WHAT he would say,,,Sorry...you lose this time...HE WOULDN'T put his kid infront of a camera at 13 years old. That is STILL a child.

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Oh my God, seriously LOL

That's okay, I'll just sit here and pretend that I haven't been a fan for the past four years or anything. Or that Michael never said that he saw his Mother as a saint. Or that he forgave his father.

That's cool. You just keep thinking that the fans know best. Because hey, they obviously knew him better than he did. Cool beans.

You people make me laugh LOL. Especially since you've put "we" as a collective group and I'm somehow an outsider? Oh, okay LOL. I thought this community was meant to be accepting and loving. Guess not, if you have a differing opinion. If I don't worship Michael obviously I'm not a real fan, right?

LMAO

maral
03-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Michael would support his children yes, he said that. BUT not by letting them do whatever they wish, i'm sure. he supported her by letting her learn the craft of acting but would he allow his 13 year old to suddenly be exposed? i'd say NO!

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 11:20 PM
^ Want me to give you quotes from Michael himself? Because I will, LOL. Of course Katherine would've signed something for her, but I think this is Paris' decision. She evidently loves acting and this is what she wants to do.

Edit:

"I remember my childhood as mostly work, even though I loved to sing. I wasn't forced into this business by stage parents the way Judy Garland was. I did it because I enjoyed it and because it was as natural to me as drawing a breath and exhaling it. I did it because I was compelled to do it, not by my parents or family, but by my own inner life in the world of music."

- Page 9, Moonwalk

how about THIS from Michael's OWN mouth. "I could see and hear the children laughing and playing on the playground,,,I wanted to go and play and have fun to..BUT Joe wouldn't let me...I had to practice...I had to sing until I got it right. Do you remember Michael saying THAT???

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 11:20 PM

I don't agree. If Michael wanted this fate for his young child (Paris IS a child, she's a less age), he wouldn't appoint guardian for her.
So you want to say Joe didn't push Michael into showbiz? Yes, Michael loved to perform. But he hated the fact he have to work hard beeing kid, he felt himself like "in the trap" ect. He acknowleged that being successful means working very hard. That experience was too bitter for him. He talked about it the whole his life.
Of course he would support Paris but when she would be a bit older and finish her school. Now it's before time and there is no strong caring person who would protect her! Don't you think Catherine would do something with her wish to be actress? She didn't even protect her young children from cruel beating. I don't blame her but i'm sure she won't stand up behind Paris back. Well maybe Joe would? I don't think Michael'd feel ok with it. Who else?

And you don't have to be so rude in your post, really. We all love Paris and wish her good. It's not BS. It's scoring.

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
how about THIS from Michael's OWN mouth. "I could see and hear the children laughing and playing on the playground,,,I wanted to go and play and have fun to..BUT Joe wouldn't let me...I had to practice...I had to sing until I got it right. Do you remember Michael saying THAT???

I sure do because it came RIGHT before the quote I posted in Moonwalk.

Have a seat.

KingMikeJ
03-12-2011, 11:22 PM
The way people are acting here you'd think it was a movie about the Jackson 5 written by La Toya that Paris is starring in. I really think that if Michael was still alive this movie deal would still be here.

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh my God, seriously LOL

That's okay, I'll just sit here and pretend that I haven't been a fan for the past four years or anything. Or that Michael never said that he saw his Mother as a saint. Or that he forgave his father.

That's cool. You just keep thinking that the fans know best. Because hey, they obviously knew him better than he did. Cool beans.

You people make me laugh LOL. Especially since you've put "we" as a collective group and I'm somehow an outsider? Oh, okay LOL. I thought this community was meant to be accepting and loving. Guess not, if you have a differing opinion. If I don't worship Michael obviously I'm not a real fan, right?

LMAO

4 years??? Try 34 years for me. anyway,,,,of course you are a fan of Michael...but you are also a family supporter..and you dont find anything wrong in anything that they do...even if that means putting one of Michael's OWN children at risk. ..THAT is not cool

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:24 PM
OH GOD NO

I LIKE JANET JACKSON

I THINK LATOYA IS CUTE

I LIKED JERMAINE'S BOOK

QUICK MJ FANS LOCK ME AWAY I'M OBVIOUSLY SUCH A BAD PERSON!!!!!!!!!

Girl please.

xthunderx2
I sure do because it came RIGHT before the quote I posted in Moonwalk.

Have a seat.

so why didnt you quote THAT???....and let me tell you one thing young lady you are rude and ignorant...now YOU have a seat!!

Staffordshire Bullterrier
I don't really understand why you guys are complaining so much, maybe its her decision, and nothing but? :). Please don't get mad at me, but Michael always said he wanted a normal childhood for his children, she had a pretty normal one if you ask me. Michael also said in a interview, i think it was with Barbara Walters that if his children wanted to follow him, or just be in the showbizz as well, think about the good and bad things...and if you still want it, then good luck and get out there.

So unless i missed something, this is how i think about.

KingMikeJ
There is a difference from Michael working every day since the age of 5 recording music from Paris doing one movie at the age of 13. She might not even star in another movie for a year or longer.

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
We don't know how Michael would feel. Are if he would have said yes to this. But was not that long ago we heard him talk about a lost childhood. Someone else heard it too and we can tell she did not listen

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
so why didnt you quote THAT???....and let me tell you one thing young lady you are rude and ignorant...now YOU have a seat!!

And you chose to ignore the part that I DID quote.

Let me tell you something: you do NOT know Paris. You did NOT know Michael.

And I will be as rude as I need to be when I see bullshit by people like you.

Edit:

"A lot of celebrities say that they don't want their children to go into show business. I can understand their feelings, but I don't agree with them. If I had a son or a daughter, I'd say, "by all means, be my guest. Step right in there. If you want to do it, do it."

- Page 282, Moonwalk.

KingMikeJ
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
http://esl-library.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/sit-down.jpg

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
You can't tell me anything have a nice day

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
"A lot of celebrities say that they don't want their children to go into show business. I can understand their feelings, but I don't agree with them. If I had a son or a daughter, I'd say, "by all means, be my guest. Step right in there. If you want to do it, do it."

- Page 282, Moonwalk.

I'm gonna keep posting this.....

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 11:31 PM
As I said I hope she can act

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 11:31 PM
And you chose to ignore the part that I DID quote.

Let me tell you something: you do NOT know Paris. You did NOT know Michael.

And I will be as rude as I need to be when I see bullshit by people like you.

Edit:

- Page 282, Moonwalk.

thats ok..all it does is show me your immaturity,

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:34 PM
thats ok..all it does is show me your immaturity,

You do know when you feel the need to call out someone's "immaturity" it says a lot about you? Instead of treating me as an equal you've used belittling phrases and your age to make yourself feel more important and relevant to this conversation. Unfortunately, your tactic is not flying and comes off as incredibly stupid and self-worthy.

I gave you strong arguments based on quotes from Michael himself. You attempted to use a quote, however you did not use his exact words or provide a source. I provided a source from his own Autobiography. To me, your argument is only based in emotion. You need to take the emotion out of it if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm sure you're a very nice lady but I cannot continue to debate with you if you won't even give me a strong argument, and instead reduce yourself to calling me immature. That's not how the world works.

Justthefacts
03-12-2011, 11:41 PM
You used the word bullshit at some one and you are upset because you were belittled?

xthunderx2
03-12-2011, 11:42 PM
You do know when you feel the need to call out someone's "immaturity" it says a lot about you? Instead of treating me as an equal you've used belittling phrases and your age to make yourself feel more important and relevant to this conversation. Unfortunately, your tactic is not flying and comes off as incredibly stupid and self-worthy.

I gave you strong arguments based on quotes from Michael himself. You attempted to use a quote, however you did not use his exact words or provide a source. I provided a source from his own Autobiography. To me, your argument is only based in emotion. You need to take the emotion out of it if you want to be taken seriously.

I'm sure you're a very nice lady but I cannot continue to debate with you if you won't even give me a strong argument, and instead reduce yourself to calling me immature. That's not how the world works.

as I stated in my previous posts...you are entitled to your opinion...therefore..that makes me entitled to mine. If it makes you feel awhole lot better about yourself to get the last word on a subject..then honey,,,I am gonna let you do that..I wont sit here and debate you any longer,,if I want to debate a gal with an attitude,,,I have kids of my own..probably your age to boot...possibly older. So I will say,,,you have one this ..and give you the last word..after all...it is apparent you wont stop until it IS you that has final say. Have a nice day..:)

kindofdisco
03-12-2011, 11:47 PM
as I stated in my previous posts...you are entitled to your opinion...therefore..that makes me entitled to mine. If it makes you feel awhole lot better about yourself to get the last word on a subject..then honey,,,I am gonna let you do that..I wont sit here and debate you any longer,,if I want to debate a gal with an attitude,,,I have kids of my own..probably your age to boot...possibly older. So I will say,,,you have one this ..and give you the last word..after all...it is apparent you wont stop until it IS you that has final say. Have a nice day..:)

These are problematic. You cannot use these words against someone in an argument. It belittles yourself and it belittles me. And yes I will have the last word because you cannot see what you're doing. You are taking an attitude that is far greater than the one you percieve me to have. You're coming across as nothing more than a Mother who is telling their child, "well you're wrong and that's that".

I am your equal. This is the internet. You are not my Mother LOL. You are certainly NOT my superior.

And that said, my opinion was based strongly in fact on what Michael had said himself from DIRECT QUOTES from his book. You had absolutely nothing. I was trying to have an intelligent debate with you and you brought it down to a level which I will not sink to. I did not belittle you, I did not insult you. You have done BOTH towards me. That makes you the lesser person here and I'm actually quite hurt that you would say these things. I hope you don't treat your children like this. My Mother would never say such awful things.

Again, I never meant anything personal against you. We are talking about something that yes, does concern personal issues but this is the internet and if you make it personal, you will get hurt. This for me is not a personal argument (until you questioned my maturity and age) and I apologise if it is for you.

I really have lost a great deal of respect for you right now and I think you need to think about what you have said to me.

Edit: As far as the "bullshit" comment goes. How is that personal? The word bullshit is not personal. It refers to someone's opinion, which to me is not an accurate reading of their personality. It is simply how they feel. If you can't seperate yourself from your opinion then that's your problem, not mine. For me, my opinion on Michael Jackson does not colour who I am. Or who I am outside of the internet. In fact we'd probably get along very well outside of this argument! But again, do you see how you are making things personal without need be?

Ramona122003
03-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I am beginning to wonder if they some kind of culture clash here. Maybe in some countries it's all well and good for a 13 years to decide they want to act and the parents go along with it without taking into account the girl's age or lack or real world experience.

No one still haven't answered the question of what would happened if Paris truly sucks? With this family, she will most likely end up like Toya.

MJsSusie
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Wow... smh

Mirabella76
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Friends please keep quiet and respectful to each other. We don't have to battle about it. Michael loved his daughter and would warn her a lot of times before support her idea.

BW: Michael, if this little boy says: Daddy I want to go on the stage? After what you've been through?
MJ: I would say: Hold on now. Hold on. If you do go that way, expect this, expect that, expect this (counting on the fingers)
BW: You'd lay it all out?
MJ: I'd lay it all out. See you gonna get all this, all this and all this. You ready to do that? Anf if he says yeah I can't wait, then I would say: Go and do it better than I did.
BW: But know what you're in for
MJ: But know what you are in for.

But Michael isn't with us anymore so many people have concerns about her because her daddy won't help her, teach her and care about her if something goes wrong with her career. I believe it's easy to understand and please don't call it BS!

Anniesnotokmj
03-12-2011, 11:59 PM
What MJ said in "Moonwalk" was in the 80's, what MJ said about his children was in the 2000's...When he became a father, his opinions and feelings evolved, as they should have. Sure, the Jacksons ARE getting a cut from this. Check the contract. I bet Paris never sees ANY profits she may be entitled to from this thing, not even any put in a TRUST for HER. These family supporters appear as delusional as the Jacksons. MJ was a grown man who cried like a baby over his lost childhood...to insinuate that he would abdicate this for his own child, is ignorant imo.

bluesky
04-12-2011, 12:04 AM
i dont understand why shes playing in such a cheap production. if it would be a good movie at least..

It's her first role, she has to start from somewhere i guess.

AngieJ
04-12-2011, 12:07 AM
It's her first role, she has to start from somewhere i guess.
Or maybe this is the beginning of her just having a z-list career. With this family, it's really hard to not think the worse.

Ramona122003
04-12-2011, 12:09 AM
What MJ said in "Moonwalk" was in the 80's, what MJ said about his children was in the 2000's...When he became a father, his opinions and feelings evolved, as they should have. Sure, the Jacksons ARE getting a cut from this. Check the contract. I bet Paris never sees ANY profits she may be entitled to from this thing, not even any put in a TRUST for HER. These family supporters appear as delusional as the Jacksons. MJ was a grown man who cried like a baby over his lost childhood...to insinuate that he would abdicate this for his own child, is ignorant imo.

If we want to get kind of dark, he also cried about this when he was under the influence of drugs. Even at the end of his days, he was still hurt about the stuff he went through being a child star. Why would he wished the same thing on his kids. Sure, things could had been different if Michael was still here and he could used his own painful experiences to help his kids avoid the pitfalls of stardom. But, Michael isn't here.

The people who are guiding this child are the same people who 'guided' Michael and his siblings. If you go by their record, it isn't pretty. Michael had life-long mental scars and some of his siblings; Jermaine, Toya specially, live in denial about their lack of talent and continue to chase a faded dream because no one in that family kept it real with them. This same kind of denial filters down to the next generation with some trying to go into the music scene since the 90s, while others don't have any real talent and should go into other areas to thrive in.

But, who cares. She wants it. There are old sayings that goes, 'be careful what you wish for' and 'you got what you wanted, but you lost what you had.'

ExoticPrincess
04-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Rudeness seems to be a trait for this individual, the only way it seems they can express themselves.

Anyway, all I have to say about this is, if Michael were still here I would'nt have an issue with this as it would be clear to me that his judgement and advice to her would've been a deciding factor. I am not sure about the judgement of those who are supposed to be in charge given their actions over the past two years. I wish her the best and hopes it all turns out well. I sincerely hope the people who are supposed to be looking out for her well being are doing just that.

maral
04-12-2011, 12:27 AM
i can't believe that the difference between being someones child and being a child is overlooked when quoting MJ. he never said he would let them go into the business WHILE BEING a child.

bluesky
04-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Or maybe this is the beginning of her just having a z-list career. With this family, it's really hard to not think the worse.

we don't know - it would depend on her and the guidance, mentoring that she received.
if she's passionate or sure about this , then it would be a good experience or learning ground .

Anniesnotokmj
04-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Exactly! These are the same people who "raised" MJ and the 8 other delusionals, and look at how that turned out. MJ turned out better, not because of Katherine or Joe, but because of Mrs. Fine, who was more of a mother to him than his own. When you hear or see him speak of her, you can't miss that love in his eyes, heart, or voice. Mrs. Fine taught him to love and show compassion, and that there was more important things to life than just fame and money. She showed him that the people he were related to, were not made of the same ilk as he. MJ cherished her so, he provided for her to the day she died. Liz Taylor would be second, which is why the Jackson's didn't really like her, truth be told.

If we want to get kind of dark, he also cried about this when he was under the influence of drugs. Even at the end of his days, he was still hurt about the stuff he went through being a child star. Why would he wished the same thing on his kids. Sure, things could had been different if Michael was still here and he could used his own painful experiences to help his kids avoid the pitfalls of stardom. But, Michael isn't here.

The people who are guiding this child are the same people who 'guided' Michael and his siblings. If you go by their record, it isn't pretty. Michael had life-long mental scars and some of his siblings; Jermaine, Toya specially, live in denial about their lack of talent and continue to chase a faded dream because no one in that family kept it real with them. This same kind of denial filters down to the next generation with some trying to go into the music scene since the 90s, while others don't have any real talent and should go into other areas to thrive in.

But, who cares. She wants it. There are old sayings that goes, 'be careful what you wish for' and 'you got what you wanted, but you lost what you had.'

Ramona122003
04-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Exactly! These are the same people who "raised" MJ and the 8 other delusionals, and look at how that turned out. MJ turned out better, not because of Katherine or Joe, but because of Mrs. Fine, who was more of a mother to him than his own. When you hear or see him speak of her, you can't miss that love in his eyes, heart, or voice. Mrs. Fine taught him to love and show compassion, and that there was more important things to life than just fame and money. She showed him that the people he were related to, were not made of the same ilk as he. MJ cherished her so, he provided for her to the day she died. Liz Taylor would be second, which is why the Jackson's didn't really like her, truth be told.

Sorry, but how is Mrs. Fine?

love is magical
04-12-2011, 12:52 AM
As a fan, all I can do is to keep her in my prayers. It's premature to determine whether starring in this film is beneficial or bad for Paris. I don't know the scale of production. I don't know if it's a one-off project. I just don't have enough information to form an opinion.

If the film is well-received, then it's a good opportunity for Paris to work on her talents.

If the film is to be received negatively, then it's a learning experience for Paris. Just like every one of us, Paris will hopefully learn from setbacks and failures. It's not the end of her world. She's so young. She will explore other possibilities in life or further work on her acting.

I realize that Michael's children may not follow the path Michael envisioned. It's the brutal reality I have to accept. Michael is not here anymore and the children's future will never be the same. I told myself to keep an emotional distance from the children.

I think the worst thing a fan can do is to tweet Paris, talk to her like he/she knows exactly what Michael's thought was and voice disapproval before understanding the situation.

Lisha
04-12-2011, 01:06 AM
As a fan, all I can do is to keep her in my prayers. It's premature to determine whether starring in this film is beneficial or bad for Paris. I don't know the scale of production. I don't know if it's a one-off project. I just don't have enough information to form an opinion.

If the film is well-received, then it's a good opportunity for Paris to work on her talents.

If the film is to be received negatively, then it's a learning experience for Paris. Just like every one of us, Paris will hopefully learn from setbacks and failures. It's not the end of her world. She's so young. She will explore other possibilities in life or further work on her acting.

I realize that Michael's children may not follow the path Michael envisioned. It's the brutal reality I have to accept. Michael is not here anymore and the children's future will never be the same. I told myself to keep an emotional distance from the children.

I think the worst thing a fan can do is to tweet Paris, talk to her like he/she knows exactly what Michael's thought was and voices disapproval before understanding the situation.

I think you are keeping a really good perspective on this, love is magical.

I think it is not an easy thing some times for fans to "keep an emotional distance from the children" because they loved Michael so much and know how much he loved, cared for, and protected his children. It brings out the mother hen (and maybe even the lioness) in a lot of fans, I think. :) But keeping it in perspective and knowing a fan's place, and, like you say, keeping a bit of an emotional distance, seems like wisdom.

But again, I understand how hard that is to do. It's because fans care about the kids and worry.

Anniesnotokmj
04-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Are you asking WHO is Mrs. Fine Ramona?

If so, she was MJ's private teacher. She was there all the time with and FOR MJ. She made him love reading, as she encouraged him to read. She comforted him when Joe would beat him, or force him to get on planes, when he KNEW MJ was terrified of flying. Mrs. Fine, was in my eyes, his MOTHER. Not just some "employee".

raz2911
04-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Its obvious to me this is what Paris wants, to be an actress, as she said on Oprah she used to do improv with MJ and has been taking acting lessons for some times, MJ must have known this is what she wanted to do. At the end of the day, none of us know whether MJ would have approved or not, because he once said he would be fine if his children wanted to go into showbiz but would inform them of what could happen, but we all know how much he wanted them to have a normal upbringing.

I honestly don't know what to think of this role, one part of me thinks she is too young, and as someone else pointed out very well could she handle the backlash if the film flopped or she isn't the best actress, because it would be much worse for her than any other actress or actor of her age as she's MJ's daughter, the press will have an opinion on everything. But on the other hand, I think there have been many more child actors and actresses who started out much younger than Paris and have lead perfectly normal lives, but then I think again this is MJ's daughter and her every move is watched and commented on.

I'm happy she's going on Elen rather than all the other tasteless shows she could have been on, Ellen is a wonderful woman and I'm sure she will pay Paris a lot of respect. Overall I think maybe it's too soon, but I wish her all the success in the world if this is truly what she wants.

Anniesnotokmj
04-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi, Love is magical. I understand what you are saying, but its hard and should be hard for anyone to watch the blatant disrespect for MJ and his wishes for his children his family has been doing since June 25, 2009. Problem is, the Jacksons want fans to 'mind their business", but YET, court these same fans (MJ fans), when the want money or attention. You can't have it both ways. Fans respected MJ's wishes for his kids privacy, etc. because he made his feelings known, and didn't use his children, even during 2005, as a prop for attention or money, no matter how high the price. He did what a FATHER should do: Look out for the best interest of his children, emotionally and psychologicaly, even when they thought they knew what their best interests were.

I think the worst thing a fan can do is to tweet Paris, talk to her like he/she knows exactly what Michael's thought was and voice disapproval before understanding the situation.

mdiegee210
04-12-2011, 01:18 AM
looks like the jackson's have forgotten how the media treated Michael, what makes them think the media is goning to respect his childrens?

bluetopez
04-12-2011, 01:24 AM
I wish her the best of luck, the movie has a postive message. So that's nice to know. Doesn't matter if it flops or not since not everything goes to number 1 and she has to learn from that too. Hollywood is a scary place so I hope seeing and hearing all that her father went through she will have in the back of her mind to stay strong. MJ knew evenually that this day would come too, not sure this early but, it would have come since the children been wanted this since he was alive. So again best of luck to her. And what is up with that ediot attacking Paris on Twitter? Just because she don't agree with what Paris dream is doesn't mean they should call her names. Last thing I want is some MJ fans in the future hattin on MJ kids because they feel their life choices MJ would disagree with. O_o

love is magical
04-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Hi, Love is magical. I understand what you are saying, but its hard and should be hard for anyone to watch the blatant disrespect for MJ and his wishes for his children his family has been doing since June 25, 2009. Problem is, the Jacksons want fans to 'mind their business", but YET, court these same fans (MJ fans), when the want money or attention. You can't have it both ways. Fans respected MJ's wishes for his kids privacy, etc. because he made his feelings known, and didn't use his children, even during 2005, as a prop for attention or money, no matter how high the price. He did what a FATHER should do: Look out for the best interest of his children, emotionally and psychologicaly, even when they thought they knew what their best interests were.

Trust me, I understand fans' concerns. I worry too. I have mixed feeling about Paris acting in a film and going to Ellen. I also feel it's too much too soon. I'd rather the children lead a more low profile life for now. But, I understand living anonymously is impossible and is not what Paris wants anyway.

What can we do? Although we feel we are connected to Michael. we are still fans, not his family. I don't think Katherine exercised good judgements in the past. But, at the end of the day, she's the guardian, not I or you. We can't expect the children to live according to Michael's wishes. After his passing, nothing will gonna be the same.

I'm not being passive. I guess I'm just being realistic. Nothing I do would change the people surrounding the children.

Anniesnotokmj
04-12-2011, 01:40 AM
I agree with most of what you've said, however, I have to disagree about the FAMILY part. A family is more than just someone you share blood with, a family could be friends. I know many people, who have no relationship with their blood family for their own reasons, but they consider their friends, their family. In essence, a family is what you make it. It's not about expecting the children to live according to MJ's wishes, its the adults in this situation exploiting minor children for profit and attention. IMO, Katherine is an unfit guardian, as she and her husband screwed up all of their children. But, alas, that is my opinion, but one must look at, that opinion is well-founded based on what we know to be true, and what we have seen. Motown did to MJ and the J5, what others are doing to these kids, turning a blind eye to exploitation in the name of profit, be damn any emotional or psychological scars that may occur. Good thing I am not their guardian, as these children would have supervised visitation with the Jacksons for their well-being.

Trust me, I understand fans' concerns. I worry too. I have mixed feeling about Paris acting in a film and going to Ellen. I also feel it's too much too soon. I'd rather the children lead a more low profile life for now. But, I understand living anonymously is impossible and is not what Paris wants anyway.

What can we do? Although we feel we are connected to Michael. we are still fans, not his family. I don't think Katherine exercised good judgements in the past. But, at the end of the day, she's the guardian, not I or you. We can't expect the children to live according to Michael's wishes. After his passing, nothing will gonna be the same.

I'm not being passive. I guess I'm just being realistic. Nothing I do would change the people surrounding the children.

Victory22
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
The Jackson family is wasting no time starting the kids in the business so the money will pick up where Michael left off. Can't you just hear them telling Paris the same thing they told Michael? We are the reason you are a big star so you owe us!

Ashtanga
04-12-2011, 01:57 AM
OMG! http://www.hornedhalo.org/images/kermit.gif

I really think that if Michael was still alive this movie deal would still be here.

BUT everything would be completely different. FACT! -_- The problem is that some people are not achieving understand. -_- The question is very simple: Michael is not here!!!!!!! :shout: :doh: If Michael were here you can be sure that he would be who would take care of career of Paris and guide it. FACT!!!!!!! Now I can imagine who is behind caring career of Paris..... Joe? La Tonta? Janet? Randy? Jerma? WHO???? I have chills just thinking. :fear:

I just ask God to take care of Paris, just that. :pray:

Ramona122003
04-12-2011, 02:09 AM
I agree with most of what you've said, however, I have to disagree about the FAMILY part. A family is more than just someone you share blood with, a family could be friends. I know many people, who have no relationship with their blood family for their own reasons, but they consider their friends, their family. In essence, a family is what you make it. It's not about expecting the children to live according to MJ's wishes, its the adults in this situation exploiting minor children for profit and attention. IMO, Katherine is an unfit guardian, as she and her husband screwed up all of their children. But, alas, that is my opinion, but one must look at, that opinion is well-founded based on what we know to be true, and what we have seen. Motown did to MJ and the J5, what others are doing to these kids, turning a blind eye to exploitation in the name of profit, be damn any emotional or psychological scars that may occur. Good thing I am not their guardian, as these children would have supervised visitation with the Jacksons for their well-being.

I have to say that the concept that family is your blood is more of a western idea.

Now, before I get blasted for saying this, hear me out. In the eastern culture it is more of a belief that your family are the people you bond with and not so much the people you are related to. I am not sure how many here watch Japanese anime and I am going to sound like a real geek in a moment. But, in almost all animes the ongoing concept is about how friends through hardship and adversity can become more of your family then your mother or father. You can call someone your brother or sister and have no relations with them what so ever and you would still be recognized as siblings. The same as calling someone you're not related to uncle, aunt, cousin, and even mother of father.

So, I do agree that family isn't about blood. It's about love and support and to be honest, some of Michael's friends were more of a family than his blood relatives.

prettygirlmj
04-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Looking at the film's website, it looks like a B movie, straight to DVD. But we all have to start somewhere and at least it's a positive film. That's all I will say.

Rhilo
04-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Dear God I wake up to this. Michael's children are intelligent, and I hope this early thrust into showbiz doesn't deny them a solid academic education later on. As you know was the case with Joe and Katherine's children, and some of them certainly would have benefitted from it. Only two of them had what it takes to launch and sustain successful adult solo careers.

I also hope Paris is not doing this because certain family members have been whispering the wrong things in her ear. I hope she's not being ill-adviced by a bunch of adults who have nothing, but their own interests at heart. And why is she in some B-grade low budget production? If you look at the few child stars who have become successful adult stars, most of them had strong positive family influences around them - Protective Guardians with their best interests at heart, making sure no one takes advantage of them. e.g. Leonardo DiCaprio.

Are the Jacksons that way? I don't think so.

As Ivy said, by her reactions on twitter it's clear that Paris is not as mature and strong as some people make her out to be in this thread. Namely the family supporters. They forget she is a minor. They will defend the family at all costs. I don't think Paris is mature enough to accept negative criticism and move on. It's this disillusionment that leads child stars on a path of self destruction later in life.

And with a bunch like Joe and Latoya around giving a lot of poor advice, there is more room for wrong career moves. However, it's not just good advice, one needs talent too to get far. She may or may not have acting chops, and I hope the adults around her are not just pushing her into this on the notion that family name alone is suffice to get ahead. I hope I'm wrong here, but the Jackson family and the sense of entitlement they carry due to their name (e.g. Taj) is very likely to rub off on Michael's kids.

Finally the argument that this is what Michael wanted for his children is irrelevant now because he's no longer here. Anyone who believes that Michael, who distanced himself from his family and their showbiz deals as much as he could, would want his children to be guided and led into the very business by his family is delusional. Period.

love is magical
04-12-2011, 03:02 AM
I have to say that the concept that family is your blood is more of a western idea.

Now, before I get blasted for saying this, hear me out. In the eastern culture it is more of a belief that your family are the people you bond with and not so much the people you are related to. I am not sure how many here watch Japanese anime and I am going to sound like a real geek in a moment. But, in almost all animes the ongoing concept is about how friends through hardship and adversity can become more of your family then your mother or father. You can call someone your brother or sister and have no relations with them what so ever and you would still be recognized as siblings. The same as calling someone you're not related to uncle, aunt, cousin, and even mother of father.

So, I do agree that family isn't about blood. It's about love and support and to be honest, some of Michael's friends were more of a family than his blood relatives.

I agree with you that family isn't about blood. It's about unconditional love. That's for sure. However, I don't think I agree with the concept that family is your blood is a western idea. I'm Chinese. I was born and raised in Hong Kong. I came from oriental culture. There is a Chinese saying "Blood is thicker than water.". Many Chinese people still see your kins as your blood. This explains why there are so many family businesses in China, or at least in Hong Kong. Chinese people trust their own family members more so than non-family members. So many would rather have their own offsprings to run the companies than hiring more capable outsiders.

I came to the States for collage education and have lived in the U.S. for 15 years. In my mother's eyes, I'm "Americanized". I told her I don't think her sisters are my family, as I almost never communicated with them. She's upset and thought I have no family value.

ExoticPrincess
04-12-2011, 03:07 AM

Ever since June 25, 2009, all Michael Jackson's wishes for his children went out the window. No longer is it about what Michael would want or approve of, its about what they want and whats in their best interest.

As for Paris being on Ellen, given a choice I would chose her over that mistake Oprah any day. It should be a fun segment.

CherubimII
04-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Katherine Jackson is obviously a believer in "child labor".
Michael Jackson would only have allowed Paris to be in a movie at 13 years of age if he, Micheal Jackson,
was going to be 100% in absolute total control of every aspect of the movie production.
Nevertheless, let us all give Paris Jackson all our love and support for this project and all her upcoming other endeavers; :angel:
because with a family like "these Jacksons" she is going to need us. :flowers:

Loveliness
04-12-2011, 03:13 AM

Here's (http://alchrista.tumblr.com/post/11905538647/rose-fine-a-jewish-woman-who-was-my-beloved) a bit of info about her from Michael.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltmfymOLPd1qcqvito1_500.jpg
… Rose Fine, a Jewish woman who was my beloved childhood tutor and who traveled with me and my brothers when we were all in the Jackson Five.

MJ: After the show I would run into Rose’s room. We’d read and have warm milk and I needed that so badly. She would always say to me, “The door’s open”, and she would leave her door open.

You think she saw you as her son?

MJ: She called me her son…

Did she show you unconditional love?

MJ: Yes.

So you think unconditional love can be shown even by two people who are not related by blood?

MJ: Oh my God, yes, of course. I think I learned it through her and I have seen it and I have experienced it. It doesn’t matter with blood or race or creed or color. Love is love and it breaks all boundaries and you just see it right away. I see it in the children’s eyes. When I see children, I see helpless little puppies. They are so sweet. How could anybody hurt them?

Rose Fine, although she wasn’t your biological mother, was able to show you a lot of motherly affection?

MJ: And boy did I need it. I was never with my mother when I was little, very seldom, and I had a wonderful mother. I see her as an angel, and I was always gone, always on tour, doing back-to-back concerts, all over America, overseas, clubs, just always gone. Rose was with us all the way from the very first professional tour of the Jackson 5 until I was eighteen.

And she would teach you during the day?

MJ: Aha.

Regular subjects? Mathematics? English? She taught all the five of you together?

MJ: Yes, together, three hours. She taught Janet, all of them.

MJ: Rose died this year, Janet and myself, we paid for her nurse and her hospital care, or if her television broke down or the electricity, or there was anything wrong with the house, we would cover the bills. Now her husband is sick, so I am taking care of him, and because we felt she is our mother and you take care of your mother…

You really felt like that?

MJ: Absolutely. She was more than a tutor and I was so angry at myself that when she died I was far, far away. I couldn’t get there.

… it hurt when I came to the door to see her and I went, “Mrs. Fine, it’s Michael”, and she would go, “You are not Michael”… That hurts so much. Growing old is not always pretty. It’s sad.

As for Paris, I wish her all the success and happiness in the world. The interview will likely go fine, as Ellen seems to like MJ and tends to be kid-friendly and polite to her guests. However, I worry about the media changing their tune in the future. I'm also worried about users surrounding Paris (as I would about any young person entering the entertainment industry). From what I can tell thus far, quality-wise, this film wouldn't get much publicity without having a major-name attached to it. This seems like the type of project an "unknown" would do just to get their identity out there. Paris already has name recognition, but if she's looking for a successful, long-term, acting career, she needs to stay focused on credibility — something you tend to loose if you're seen as a celebrity first and foremost (this is where keeping a low profile is beneficial, which Michael was well aware of). You're lucky to have a career last 10 years in Hollywood. Young people, more often than not, tend to burn out quick if they don't have solid people around to guide them.

Meryl Streep is considered one of the most respected actresses of the contemporary era (16 Academy Award nominations alone) and she didn't start her professional career until after she graduated Yale Drama School and was approximately 22 for her stage debut and 28 for film. I don't want Paris to inadvertently cheapen herself by being in third-rate movies or giving away too much of herself on twitter or to the media. At 13, she's still too young to understand all the in's and out's of the business.

People like to call Michael crazy, but he knew what he was doing with shielding his kids from the media spotlight. Having grownup in the spotlight himself, he was more aware than most of the damage it can cause. After hearing that recording of Michael (amongst all the other times he spoke of the hardships of his childhood), and knowing what has gone down in the lives of other members of the Jackson family in the quest for fame, as a guardian I would be very weary about sending kids down that path while they were still young. I think honing her talent in a nurturing environment and staying low out of the public eye would be more beneficial in the long run. Opportunities and interest will still exist for her at 18 as much as they do now. Here's hoping for the best though.

AngieJ
04-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Here's (http://alchrista.tumblr.com/post/11905538647/rose-fine-a-jewish-woman-who-was-my-beloved) a bit of info about her from Michael.

As for Paris, I wish her all the success and happiness in the world. The interview will likely go fine, as Ellen seems to like MJ and tends to be kid-friendly and polite to her guests. However, I worry about the media changing their tune in the future. I'm also worried about users surrounding Paris (as I would about any young person entering the entertainment industry). From what I can tell thus far, quality-wise, this film wouldn't get much publicity without having a major-name attached to it. This seems like the type of project an "unknown" would do just to get their identity out there. Paris already has name recognition, but if she's looking for a successful, long-term, acting career, she needs to stay focused on credibility — something you tend to loose if you're seen as a celebrity first and foremost (this is where keeping a low profile is beneficial, which Michael was well aware of). You're lucky to have a career last 10 years in Hollywood. Young people, more often than not, tend to burn out quick if they don't have solid people around to guide them.

Meryl Streep is considered one of the most respected actresses of the contemporary era (16 Academy Award nominations alone) and she didn't start her professional career until after she graduated Yale Drama School and was approximately 22 for her stage debut and 28 for film. I don't want Paris to inadvertently cheapen herself by being in third-rate movies or giving away too much of herself on twitter or to the media. At 13, she's still too young to understand all the in's and out's of the business.

People like to call Michael crazy, but he knew what he was doing with shielding his kids from the media spotlight. Having grownup in the spotlight himself, he was more aware than most of the damage it can cause. After hearing that recording of Michael (amongst all the other times he spoke of the hardships of his childhood), and knowing what has gone down in the lives of other members of Jackson family in the quest for fame, as a guardian I would be very weary about sending kids down that path while they were still young. I think honing her talent in a nurturing environment and staying low out of the public eye would be more beneficial in the long run. Opportunities and interest will still exist for her at 18 as much as they do now. Here's hoping for the best though.
Excellent post.

Anniesnotokmj
04-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Thank you so much Loveliness for adding this interview for Ramona :) Mrs. Fine was a good woman and MJ loved her. Your sentiments are spot on.

People like to call Michael crazy, but he knew what he was doing with shielding his kids from the media spotlight. Having grownup in the spotlight himself, he was more aware than most of the damage it can cause. After hearing that recording of Michael (amongst all the other times he spoke of the hardships of his childhood), and knowing what has gone down in the lives of other members of the Jackson family in the quest for fame, as a guardian I would be very weary about sending kids down that path while they were still young. I think honing her talent in a nurturing environment and staying low out of the public eye would be more beneficial in the long run. Opportunities and interest will still exist for her at 18 as much as they do now. Here's hoping for the best though.

Hachi
04-12-2011, 05:05 AM
I honestly dont understand the way some of you think.

Alayasha
04-12-2011, 06:13 AM
I've finally read through all the posts and I'm a bit confused about the movie. Is it in production, pre-production or simply in the "story board" stage until they have enough funding? I will stay out of the debate about whether Paris should be participating in this or not and I will focus on the positives. I think the message of the film (based on the trailer) is great and I would love to see it become wildly successful because of that message and 50% of the profits going to schools. I agree with those who say it looks dirt cheap right now. Perhaps Paris' involvement will draw more mainstream people and funding to the movie. I have no say in how she is being raised so I can only wish her much success and hope she has tons of fun living out her dream. I do hope her desire for attention is because she is an outgoing child and not because she is compensating for the loss of attention she received from her dad.

passy001
04-12-2011, 07:15 AM

Need more information about the people behind this project. But at first glance, like the feel and message of the movie. Ellen will take care of Paris.

Brooke shields and Jodie Foster did not come from greedy families seeking to exploit everything that moves. If the Jacksons were included in MJ's will, they would not have even fanthomed this. So the question remains: How much do the Jacksons get out of it? Because in the end, it's always about the Benjamins. and how much is Paris getting out of it? or she's been told "Do this for your father. He'd be very proud" and not been given even 1 penny. Pretty much like the fake tribute. KJ got her cash so she could feed her overgrown, uneducated, and unemployed children.

The only reason the Jacksons are pushing these kids is so obvious: every contract is signed by the guardian (KJ) and we all know what that means. KJ get the cash so she could feed her entire village. Oh sorry I meant clan. The kids won't get a penny. Never will until they maybe turn 18. so what we have here is 5 more years of blatant exploitation.

Rhilo
04-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Brooke shields and Jodie Foster did not come from greedy families seeking to exploit everything that moves. If the Jacksons were included in MJ's will, they would not have even fanthomed this. So the question remains: How much do the Jacksons get out of it? Because in the end, it's always about the Benjamins. and how much is Paris getting out of it? or she's been told "Do this for your father. He'd be very proud" and not been given even 1 penny. Pretty much like the fake tribute. KJ got her cash so she could feed her overgrown, uneducated, and unemployed children.

The only reason the Jacksons are pushing these kids is so obvious: every contract is signed by the guardian (KJ) and we all know what that means. KJ get the cash so she could feed her entire village. Oh sorry I meant clan. The kids won't get a penny. Never will until they maybe turn 18. so what we have here is 5 more years of blatant exploitation.

Hopefully they won't be able to steal all of it because of the California Child Actor's Bill. They can still use emotional blackmail to make her share whatever she gets upfront, and doesn't go in the trust fund by Law.

max000
04-12-2011, 07:36 AM

Rubbish.!!! Want to bet about Foster and Shields background.?????

passy001
04-12-2011, 07:51 AM

[Quote]1. So far this has NOTHING to do with the Jackson family. There is no reports of them getting Paris into this. This seems to be her own decision. So stop with the "they're just trying to make money off her!!" bs.

Please stop being so naive. The jacksons make money off this kid. the contact is signed by KJ as the guardian and the cash goes straight to her and she'll distribute to her other jobless children. This happened with the fake MJ tribute. $100,000 gone into a fake trust fund the kids will never see in their lifetime.

Sure, we all have dreams. But like everything in life it's is about timing. so far the timing isn't right. get the kids to focus on their education until they are 18/21. The one reason the Jackson are jobless today is because they have no education, no qualification, and simply nothing to offer.

You are taking his words out of context. when he spoke of his kids , he was referring to them as adults not as kids.
he certainly never wanted his kids to go into showbiz at 13 given that he's been moaning about his lost childhood.

Wish you could take your own advice.

This is the perfect example of emotional blackmail. people have the right to form an opinion whether you like it or not.

So why was MJ alsways complaining about NOT having a childhood?

passy001
04-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Rubbish.!!! Want to bet about Foster and Shields backgrounds.?????

Dude this is NOT about Brooke shields et al. It's about a 13 years old kid being exploited for what she's worth.
It's obvious you don't understand the issues at play here.

twinklEE
04-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Michael Jackson was nearly 51 years old, filled up with Benzodiazepines, propofol and God knows what other drugs, and he was STILL complaining about the lack of childhood, all the pain he went thru and still had. Yet ignorant stans are dismissing his own words?! I know that some Jackson Leeches supporters would defend anything they do, even if they were to kill one of the children and sell it off as an accident, they'd come here and say ''oh well it wasn't accident the gun went just off, stop criticizing. Michael Jackson when briefly interviewed for his 50th birthday by GMA in August 2008, was talking about the sacrifices he had to make, about loosing his childhood, about not having a childhood, he said he was emotional while seeing his kids doing regular kids stuff, because he wasn't able to do so, yet some of u ignorant minds have the nerves to get in this thread and dismiss Michael's own words and pain when it's clearly that he had severe mental and emotional issues due to what his greedy parents put him through?! Seriously smdh

Michael was talking about his kids entering showbiz when they were adults not as young teens. And even if Michael were here and his daughter would want to join the film industry, Michael would GUIDE AND PROTECT her, because he didn't have an ULTERIOR MOTIVE, unlike KAtherine and the rest of the useless clan. He wouldn't let his child work so that he could be lazy sitting at home screwing women left and right, not lifting a finger, selling occasional interviews. He'd be there with her on every step, he'd make sure he'd make that child realize that fame, early fame has positive AND negative aspects, it's not just about getting your mug out posing for pictures, having paparazzi stalk ur ass, having people scream you name, it's about loosing every inch of privacy, it brings along scrutiny, media hatred. The way Paris has been acting on her twitter for nearly a year clearly show her immaturity and age, she is not aware of the fact that she'll be judged and put under the magnifying glass once she goes out there. In three years from not the media will not be as soft on her as today, they won't be giving her pass. They'll tear her up, and chew her head off, and when that happens and it's going to happen this girl will be in for a rough awakening cuz guess what, if Michael were here he'd help her pick up the pieces, get her help, protect her, but the Jackson's won't be doing so. This family she fights so hard for is going to kick on her while she's down in 5 years from now, you just wait and watch. These children have become free meat for them, and they will do anything they can to exploit them to the fullest, they won't be here to help them pick up their pieces though once the media is done with tearing them apart. Paris is in for a Z grade career and horrendous media coverage, the Jackson's don't give a **** about her career, or if she's going to end up like La Loony Tune, they're in for themselves only. And what they can get out of any possible deals.

KingMikeJ
04-12-2011, 10:07 AM
BUT everything would be completely different. FACT! -_- The problem is that some people are not achieving understand. -_- The question is very simple: Michael is not here!!!!!!! :shout: :doh: If Michael were here you can be sure that he would be who would take care of career of Paris and guide it. FACT!!!!!!! Now I can imagine who is behind caring career of Paris..... Joe? La Toya? Janet? Randy? Jerma? WHO???? I have chills just thinking. :fear:

Well I hope that Janet is guiding Paris about an acting career. You said it yourself, Michael isn't here. Regardless of your opinion of Janet, you can't deny that she has had a very successful acting career and she definitely would have some good advice for Paris.

We could argue about this for the rest of our lives; "Michael wouldn't want this" "Michael said this:..." "Michael would have...". The thing we all have to accept is that Michael is not here. As Love is Magical has said, the children's lives will not be the same as they would have been had Michael not died.

We, as fans, need to stop thinking we know what is best for the children. We need to realise that we are not in charge of their personal lives or their future careers. When so-called "concerned fans" tweet Paris calling her a spoilt brat and insulting her family which she loves, these fans look delusional. You all call the Jackson family delusional but look at what Paris must think Michael Jackson fans are like. I'll say it again: We are fans of Michael Jackson. We are not involved in the lives of his children. We can not do anything to stop them following their dreams, and personally I don't think we should anyway.

If Michael's daughter Paris wants to be an actress, as a fan of Michael Jackson I will support her decision.

Diplomate
04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
If Michael's daughter Paris wants to be an actress, as a fan of Michael Jackson I will support her decision.

And if she wants to do porn movie? You'll support her?
If she takes hard drugs , drink alcohol in the streets, you'll support her ?

You'll support this girl JUST BECAUSE SHE'S MIKE'S DAUGHTER?

Rhilo
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
^'As a Michael Jackson Fan', no one is obliged to support each and everything the Jackson family embarks on. All of us have been blessed with intelligence. Use it. Use reason and logic to know what is in line with individual beliefs and morals. Even Michael didn't support many of the family's projects. smdh...

It's your right to support the Jackson family in everything they do. Likewise, it's the right of those who are disappointed in their actions, and don't choose to support them, to express their views. I don't agree with harassing Paris on twitter, but we are free to express our opinions here.

Btw, Janet doesn't seem to be too involved with the kids. She's too busy with her career, new fur clothing line and all. I can bet, from the two aunts, Latoya is more present and involved in their lives. This is quite evident by the way Paris interacts with her on twitter. Plus Latoya's career and wealth aren't on the same sphere as Janet's, giving her more time and reason to suck up to Michael's kids. If you know what I mean...

Ben
04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
All we are doing here is expressing opinions about a situation. No one pretended to change those kids' guardian (too bad), or make any changes in their lives or decisions because we dont have any power over this. It doesnt mean we cant talk about it. It's the very purpose of this place after all.

We have all read, heard Michael talk about his lack of a real childhood and how much he suffered from it. It's nothing new. But even if he's gone, and obviously if his own family doesnt give a crap about his wishes for his kids, as reasonable and thoughtful people, we can assess what we think is best for any kids, and these in particular, based on our values, principles, and what we know Michael wanted (or not) for his children.

I dont support any decision a kid (or adult actually) makes, and I wont agree with each and every choice those kids make, just because their dad means so much to me. I didnt agree with everything Michael did either.

My feeling on this, is maybe Michael would have let his daughter start at 13. But he would have been there every step of the way, and made sure she didnt forget about her education; he would have made sure she would have worked with professionals, in proper projects.
Does anyone know who these people making the movie are? It doesnt seem very professional to me, and considering the kind of people/deals the Jacksons have involved those children in so far, I'm getting a bit paranoid.

Rhilo
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
^Ben, it's some B-grade low budget production. I hope for Paris' sake it doesn't turn out be a GLE type of production company or a flop like the tribute.

elusive moonwalker
04-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Personally im more concerned as to why a 13 year old is going on a chat show talking about the last two years. are they looking for a memorial moment where she bursts into tears. its totally unnecessary that any child should be out there after what she has gone
through. rehab infront of millions where everyone can watch her talk about what she has been through.

abd as others have said if she was doing this film and mj were here he would be guiding her and protectibg her and would only have her best intrests at heart. u think the same can be said by those that are around her now?

Mirabella76
04-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I see Walgren who kept children from public testimomy paid more attention to them than their own family who seems doesn't care what they are doing, why, how and what for. 13 years old want to be in films right now, and no one from the family coment on it or express any thoughts about. They rather would coment on alleged fake songs, complaine about fake justice or advertise their own books or tributes.
EDIT: And nobody seems to care about what Michael told and dreamt for them.
I think there could be the only one way for her to go into showbiz in such early age: WITH HIM and UNDER THE CARE OF HIM. He was talking about making films with his children.But unfortunately it's impossible.

la_cienega
04-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Haven't seen this posted, Nestanix on LSA did some sleuthing:

So lets look at more stuff about this movie...

Hollywood is Calling!
Your child could have a chance to star in the next big family movie alongside Larry King, Shawn King, Joey Fatone and Ted Lange! Visit www.lundonsbridge.com to find out how you can send your tape or video for posting on their website. Visitors to the site will get to vote for the winner!
So basically its being made by this guy Dennis Christen and his friends, Larry king and his wife.

I looked him up and his record is not that great

Quote:
Producer/Writer/Actor (2 titles)
2007 Hollywood Goes to School (video short) (producer)
1987 Soldiers of Innocence (producer)
Thats all he seems to have done when it comes to movies.

About this video short he made in 2007, "Hollywood Goes to School"...

Quote:
The author invites students from a participating school to join him while he tries to find the lead character in this story. Not being able to find her, he and the students look in the novel to try and find clues of her whereabouts.
Quote:
Plot Summary for
Hollywood Goes to School (2007)
This Promo Video introduces the story of "Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys" to American students. It shows that an 8 year-old little girl and a 15 year-old boy use the magic of love and belief in their parents to win the war between the land and the sea. Lundon (the little girl) and Waxer (the teenage boy) end up on many magical adventures during their quest to save the world from pollution. A dolphin turns into a beach bum and a jellyfish queen turns into a human fairy godmother. Written by Dennis H. Christen
So basically he made some kind of intro to this movie in 2007?

And look what else...
go to this link and see the picture...
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2977805056/nm1194118
Quote:
Dennis and Paris during dinner at Larry King's home on Michael's 2nd Anniversary of his passing.

So this guy Dennis Christen who is responsible for this movie, he supposedly works at a company called "C-It Entertainment Group, LLC." The name of this company appears at the bottom of the movie's website.

There is no information about this company online! It doesnt seem like they have produced anything even mildly significant...

And there is hardly any information on Dennis. Ironic, considering he was described as a "Best Selling Author and Film Producer."

MyLifeMJ
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
i cannot believe in this. if Michael was here, those people couldn't dare this. Paris is too young to be in show business. Katherine Jackson must open her eyes anymore, doesn't she know how her own son had lost his childhood and this made her own son sad and sad? And also Michael always says how happy he is that his kids live regular lives. First Oprah, then Ellen. I think Ellen loves Michael and won't ask ugly questions, but this movie and this show is not proper for Paris as a kid. La Toya is not a role model for Paris, but unfortunately i see that she is.. :cry:

I don't care what the reason is these kids shouldn't be in the public eyes, shouldn't be in this dirty show business until they will be adults. Michael is crying now, i'm sure he is crying. :cry: :cry: because unfortunately sooner or later Paris will be sad, these things will make her unhappy. Because noone protects her as Michael did. i cannot believe in this. before June 25, 2009 people even couldn't take photos of these kids, couldn't see their faces, today they are everywhere... this hurts me :cry: :cry:

Jackson family should do the right thing anymore and please keep PPB away from the cameras. Michael's kids are not money machine!!! Their father's money is enough for them and even for their kids(Michael's grandchildren :cry: ) Some family members should make their own money on their own, work and earn your own money, ok???

ps:sorry for my poor English.

with L.O.V.E.

ivy
04-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Michael Jackson was nearly 51 years old, filled up with Benzodiazepines, propofol and God knows what other drugs, and he was STILL complaining about the lack of childhood, all the pain he went thru and still had.

Just wanted to quote this for truth.

Although I believe Michael would have allowed his children to go into show business and he would have supported them to the max. I don't think he will allow that when they were still children.

I see Walgren who kept children from public testimomy paid more attention to them than their own family who seems doesn't care what they are doing, why, how and what for. 1

I was thinking about this yesterday as well. The way walgren avoided to include the children on the trial - because it was public and gaining attention I guess shows his character.

Haven't seen this posted, Nestanix on LSA did some sleuthing:

Thank you. I had a post somewhere on this thread as well about the companies involved. The main company that does the movie has only finished one project which is looking for distribution. The animation company is decent but the main companies involved in this seems to not have any experience or success.

Sunflowers
04-12-2011, 02:32 PM
The thing I'm worried about is that the Jackson family often gets involved in weird business deals. With (no offence) pretty much low life companies. I hope they don't drag these kids into these deals. The more I read about the movie company the less confidence I have in this to have a good ending.

I really wish Janet would be more involved as she has learned how to do good business, unlike the others in the family. She could teach them a lot about showbusiness. Something they would have learned from their father. But she doesn't really seem to be in the picture. She doesn't even live in LA right?

Ben
04-12-2011, 02:42 PM
abd as others have said if she was doing this film and mj were here he would be guiding her and protectibg her and would only have her best intrests at heart. u think the same can be said by those that are around her now?

Well, I think we sadly all know the answer to that one...

twinklEE
04-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Although I believe Michael would have allowed his children to go into show business and he would have supported them to the max. I don't think he will allow that when they were still children.

I was thinking about this yesterday as well. The way walgren avoided to include the children on the trial - because it was public and gaining attention I guess shows his character.

When Walgren was on InSession with Brazil, they asked him if he ever considered putting the kids on the stand and Walgren clearly said that he wanted to avoid the situation, because he didn't want them to go through scrutiny a high profile case as that brings along, that alone speaks volumes imo, unlike their own guardian, he actually tried to protect them somewhat and spare them from scrutiny.

LastTear
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
I can't remember the exact quote but KJ on Oprah said something about PPB not going into showbiz at a young age because of how Michael expressed how it effected him, I guess a lot has changed since that interview.

I would like to know how Paris got involved with this project, did she apply or was she courted to gain interest/ money for a project that wasn't getting off the ground.

Part of me thinks that Paris is going to have to figure it out for herself now, if it flops then it's too easy to blame us and if it is a success then she can be proud that it is on her own merit and not because of her fathers fans supporting her regardless.

raz2911
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
The thing I'm worried about is that the Jackson family often gets involved in weird business deals. With (no offence) pretty much low life companies. I hope they don't drag these kids into these deals. The more I read about the movie company the less confidence I have in this to have a good ending.

I really wish Janet would be more involved as she has learned how to do good business, unlike the others in the family. She could teach them a lot about showbusiness. Something they would have learned from their father. But she doesn't really seem to be in the picture. She doesn't even live in LA right?

Janet lives in LA and New York for the most part, but has a few other properties too. Obviously with her being on tour, she probably hasn't seen them much over the past year, I think she should have a discussion with Paris about the ups and downs of being a child actress as she got her first role at the age of 7 I think, and she's the only other Jackson whose had a very successful career of her own. I agree that she could teach the kids a lot about the business.

rainny
04-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Wow....from veiled for the press to chatting about her life in Ellen in just two-and-a-half years.

Congratulations Katherine.

Sophielo
04-12-2011, 05:50 PM

David Walgren has a son and daughter of his own so I can see how he definitely used his status as a father played a part in this. A lot of lawyers would have put the kids on the stand as they were the only ones there, but Walgren actively made sure they did not feature, which says a lot.

Ben
04-12-2011, 06:32 PM
David Walgren has a son and daughter of his own so I can see how he definitely used his status as a father played a part in this. A lot of lawyers would have put the kids on the stand as they were the only ones there, but Walgren actively made sure they did not feature, which says a lot.

Honestly one line from Walgren's speech carried more emotion than the whole letter from the family, which said a lot too.

The page for the movie is a bit strange to me though. I'm dont care much for the cartoon characters, they dont have the quality of others.

twinklEE
04-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Wow....from veiled for the press to chatting about her life in Ellen in just two-and-a-half years.

Congratulations Katherine.She's outdoing herself these days

KingMikeJ
04-12-2011, 06:43 PM
And if she wants to do porn movie? You'll support her?
If she takes hard drugs , drink alcohol in the streets, you'll support her ?

Yeah, that's exactly the same as starring in a children's movie. :smilerolleyes:

earthlyme
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
It's funny how almost all of us want Paris to live the way we would want her to. We need to stop and realize that her life is hers and eventhough she's young, very young, If she wants to do this, she should, I dont know why we'd have to complain, but I understand. The movie is for a good cause, and if its her dream to be an actress, then let her. The only think I/we can do is pray that she is in good hands and to hope and wish for the best for her and her sibilings… other than that, I think this is out of our control…

Good luck Paris :) We Love you :heart:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

TeharaMJ
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
This has shocked me just as much as it has with some of you guys but I'm sick and tired of fools on twitter addressing the Jackson family directly with these crazed comments. If anyone has the temptation to go '@ParisJackson - proceeding with if your dad was alive he would never....' can you all exercise the greatest restraint. It's blooming ridiculous. Fortunately or unfortunately none of us are their guardians and we need to come to terms with it. sooner the better.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for Paris....hope everything goes well. genuinely hope so.

MsCassieMollie
04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
MJJ-777
‎"Hey all! December 8, 2011 on the Ellen Degeneres Show, Paris Jackson, Michael's daughter, will be introducing the new Second Edition of LUNDON'S BRIDGE AND THE THREE KEYS with the new cover on it. As many of you know we've changed the age of our protagonist in the story from 8 years old to 13, trying to build a more teen-friendly pull with the public. That is thanks to all your comments and support during our last several years of testing it and now Paris has signed on to star in the up-coming movie and is helping us promote the story and character awareness through the book before the movie is even shot. She's a doll and perfect for this story. Hope you'll all tune in to watch her and support me. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1102129138

marebear
04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Janet lives in LA and New York for the most part, but has a few other properties too. Obviously with her being on tour, she probably hasn't seen them much over the past year, I think she should have a discussion with Paris about the ups and downs of being a child actress as she got her first role at the age of 7 I think, and she's the only other Jackson whose had a very successful career of her own. I agree that she could teach the kids a lot about the business.

She is the only one that has real acting experience so you would think she might guide her too. I hope Paris does well but I think she should take things slow and learn her craft. Do school plays and those kinds of things too. I think Michael would support her but I agree with everyone when I think he would want them to be at least adults or a little bit older than 13. We will never know anyways but he was so protective of them that you can't help but think she is still too young for this. We have no control over this. We can just hope for the best and that things will work out okay for her and her brothers.

Ashtanga
05-12-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm also worried about users surrounding Paris (as I would about any young person entering the entertainment industre).

This is the point of this discussion.

Well I hope that Janet is guiding Paris about an acting career. You said it yourself, Michael isn't here. Regardless of your opinion of Janet, you can't deny that she has had a very successful acting career and she definitely would have some good advice for Paris.

We could argue about this for the rest of our lives; "Michael wouldn't want this" "Michael said this:..." "Michael would have...". The thing we all have to accept is that Michael is not here. As Love is Magical has said, the children's lives will not be the same as they would have been had Michael not died.

We, as fans, need to stop thinking we know what is best for the children. We need to realise that we are not in charge of their personal lives or their future careers. When so-called "concerned fans" tweet Paris calling her a spoilt brat and insulting her family which she loves, these fans look delusional. You all call the Jackson family delusional but look at what Paris must think Michael Jackson fans are like. I'll say it again: We are fans of Michael Jackson. We are not involved in the lives of his children. We can not do anything to stop them following their dreams, and personally I don't think we should anyway.

:doh:

Well... I'll say it again: If Michael were here, we would not be discussing it. FACT! The problem is not Paris be doing a movie (if that's what she wants it to go ahead and be successful in this, but it is a fact that all of us would be 10000% OK with that if Michael were here. FACT!) the problem is who is behind the career of Paris and who will guide it.

About Janet, she may even be successful to some extent... but I really can not see it helping Paris. For me, Janet does not care and would rather not get involved in matters families. Of course, Janet is more concerned with her own life and career than with others. You can not expect too much of any member of this family. It is a big illusion to expect for it. -_-

Agree and disagree and move on. -_- Many can clap for this, OK.... But is a fact remains that there is something very worrying happening in the middle of it all. -_- And may God care of Paris and her brothers. :angel:

Let's see WHO will be with Paris in the interview.... Of course, Paris will not be alone, someone will be there with her and I bet it will be some family member. :fear:

We can just hope for the best and that things will work out okay for her and her brothers.

This is what we most desire for them and we are cheering a lot for this.

AngieJ
05-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Rubbish.!!! Want to bet about Foster and Shields background.?????
It is a known fact in the industry that Brooke's mother Teri, was a huge bad ass when it came to protecting her daughter. In a recent documentary about 70's teen idol Leif Garrett, who went on to have a massive drug problem, his mother said that back in the day she used to think Brooke's mother was too strict, but looking back she wishes she had did what Brooke's mom did which was not allow Hollywood leeches to **** with her kid. This is just one of many stories that are out there about Brooke's mother.

It's sad that the same thing can't be said about MJ's family.

MsCassieMollie
05-12-2011, 02:29 AM
http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/12/04/paris-jackson-acting-interview-michael-jackson/#utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

We caught up with Paris, 13, at the Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour launch at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas on Dec. 3rd, and she was so excited to tell us when we would see her professional debut!

“Soon!” she exclaimed!

Ashtanga
05-12-2011, 03:15 AM
http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/12/04/paris-jackson-acting-interview-michael-jackson/#utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:fear:

Anniesnotokmj
05-12-2011, 03:28 AM
At this point, I'm like this : http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/cultist/BabyWorship.jpg

ivy
05-12-2011, 04:29 AM
We caught up with Paris, 13, at the Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour launch at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas on Dec. 3rd, and she was so excited to tell us when we would see her professional debut!

“Soon!” she exclaimed!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lniqe8ewPv1qauweoo1_500.gif

mickson177
05-12-2011, 04:39 AM
MEET THE CAST
http://www.lundons.com/images/meet/meet_bottom_r1_c1_s1.jpg

froggytuff
05-12-2011, 09:05 AM
how much of TALENT was chosen over HER NAME?

Not saying she's a bad actress.

But how much weight was put on it?

I believe this is what she wants vs what Katherine wants.

But are people not just using her NAME?

xo_lola_xo
05-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I wish her the best but she is also young..and Michael had strong views on his children in showbiz.

Big Apple2
05-12-2011, 02:32 PM
WOW!

I know Paris spoke about wanting to be an actor, BUT I was expecting something along the lines of DISNEY or NICKELODEN. You know, an operation that would have some expertise in working with and GROOMING young, up-and-coming actors.

I would have never in a million years thought that Paris' first foray into show business would be along side Ted Lange and a bunch of other Z-Listers.

I did figure that since there were reports that the children were hanging out with Will and Jada's children, that whomever is in charge of Michael's 3-children would have taken a page out of the Smith's "Handbook."

In my opinion, the entire thing does not pass the smell test.

Can anybody say "Michael Forever Tribute Concert."

twinklEE
05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
WOW!

I know Paris spoke about wanting to be an actor, BUT I was expecting something along the lines of DISNEY or NICKELODEN. You know, an operation that would have some expertise in working with and GROOMING young, up-and-coming actors.

I would have never in a million years thought that Paris' first foray into show business would be along side Ted Lange and a bunch of other Z-Listers.

I did figure that since there were reports that the children were hanging out with Will and Jada's children, that whomever is in charge of Michael's 3-children would have taken a page out of the Smith's "Handbook."

In my opinion, the entire thing does not pass the smell test.

Can anybody say "Michael Forever Tribute Concert." saddest part is that Paris really seems to believe she's going to be a big star, a huge star under the guidance of her so called family, Her dreams are going to crushed big time, once she realizes this a Z grade production, at this rate she'll be heading to be as much of a big star as La Loony Tune is.

suzynyc
05-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Give the girl a chance. You have to start somewhere. Jodie Foster started out doing commercials and the Partridge Family.

Ramona122003
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Give the girl a chance. You have to start somewhere. Jodie Foster started out doing commercials and the Partridge Family.

Like or hate the show, it's consider a cult and culture classic so that's hardly a bad launching pad. Plus, both were done with companies with good track records.

twinklEE
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Not sure how true this is, but I read someone on another board claim Howard Mann's going to be her manager? If that's true, then Idk but I'm genuinely lost for words. That would be a new low even for someone like Katherine.

dmehta
05-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Z-list cast or not, Paris has to start somewhere if she wants to get into acting. She can't be parachuted into a big production just because she's Michael Jackson's daughter.

Big Apple2
05-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Z-list cast or not, Paris has to start somewhere if she wants to get into acting. She can't be parachuted into a big production just because she's Michael Jackson's daughter.

Why can't she?

It didn't appear to hurt Jaden Smith's opportunity to score a huge debut with his appearance along side of Jackie Chen in the remake of the Karate Kid.

But if the rumor regarding Howard Mann being her manager is true, then it all makes sense, because a reputable operation would most likely want NO dealings with a person like Howard Mann, which is definitely bad news for Paris. IF that rumor is true.

Ramona122003
05-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Why can't she?

It didn't appear to hurt Jaden Smith's opportunity to score a huge debut with his appearance along side of Jackie Chen in the remake of the Karate Kid.

Not to mention Miley Cyrus who mostly got her role on Disney because her father was a former big country star. The same with Selena Gomez who's mother is a stage actress and her first role was Barney & Friends, which is a popular show even if you hate Barney. How about on the music side with Justin Timberlake and Briney Spears getting their start on the Mickey Mouse Club.

Good early film roles can greatly help you because the person can see what good production is and I don't see why Paris have to do a low line production when she could get her acting chops doing minor roles for Disney or Nickelodeon. Going back to Gomez, she started on Disney as a guest star on The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and had a guest appearance, that later turned into a recurring role, on Hannah Montana before getting her own starring role on Wizards of Waverly Place.

Ben
05-12-2011, 04:27 PM
The sad thing is, if you consider the kind of "business" people the Jacksons attract (aka crooks), it would not even surprise me.

ALso, I dont get the idea behind the movie : it's a 100% american thing then, if they give 50% of the money to US schools?

Graf
05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Not sure how true this is, but I read someone on another board claim Howard Mann's going to be her manager? If that's true, then Idk but I'm genuinely lost for words. That would be a new low even for someone like Katherine.

I hope not but nothing would surprise me with this family -_-

:sigh:

dmehta
05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Guys what is paris's actual twitter page? is it @pariisjaxn or @parisjackson? Very confused...

Big Apple2
05-12-2011, 04:36 PM
True, but those were all LEGITMATE projects.

By the look of those pictures posted above, I would think that this is LESS than a High School production. LOL!

CherubimII
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
The only thing I know for sure is that Paris Jackson is creating a new standard for Beauty.
Paris Jackson is refreshingly beautiful. :bow:

http://www.lundons.com/images/meet/meet_bottom_r1_c1_s1.jpg

Ben
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
The cast is not even complete, and she's already sent in the media to promote that thing. I cant help but remember the way MFT happened : the incomplete line up, and but the kids already involved. :wtf:

ivy
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Don't get mad but I actually ordered the book. So that we can see what this movie /book is about.

Big Apple2
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
The cast is not even complete, and she's already sent in the media to promote that thing. I cant help but remember the way MFT happened : the incomplete line up, and but the kids already involved. :wtf:

In my opinion, they're using her as a means to attract investors.

Just one more reminder as to what would be going on IF Michael had left his family in charge of his Estate. I shudder to think!

Ramona122003
05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
In my opinion, they're using her as a means to attract investors.

Just one more reminder as to what would be going on IF Michael had left his family in charge of his Estate. I shudder to think!

On the bright side, I have to admit I love the models and designs for the CGI characters. As someone who is studying 3D models and texturing, this come across as nicely done given that this is a budget film.

I would also like to add that acting with CGI is much harder than acting with live characters. Since Paris is the only 'real' person in this entire film she will be pretty much playing off herself and cues from the producer about what is supposedly going on. Even for a professional actress this is a tough thing to do, so this isn't the kind of thing I would recommend for a starting film role.

AngieJ
05-12-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't get why this keeps being said. Does no one not notice what other celebrity kids are landing these days? What celebrity kid do you know of would star in something like this?

Bonnie Blue
05-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I think this project sounds horrendous. It's a movie which is meant to be in the works since 07, with that creepy youtube posted at the beginning of the thread of various middle aged men no one's ever heard of, asking children to send in audition tapes so they can star in this motion picture. Obviously nothing's happened since then, so they must be thanking their lucky stars (and scratching their heads) that they;ve landed the king of pop's only daughter as the solo star who's prepared at the age of 13 to go on tv chat shows, days after her father's killer was sentenced, to promote this 'movie'.

I read some blurb about the book where the author had plans back in 09 to get american schools on board and sell it direct to children on a given day. He made some projections of if 10 pupils per class bought it, then they would make $100million and $50m of that would go back to the schools - and presumably he would pocket the remaining $50m. Don't think that worked out. He sounds delusional. Apparently larry king and his wife are involved, jermaine was quite pally with him wasn't he? He was doing the vienna tribute with larry king's wife, before she bailed out. Supposedly that's the family connection with this project.

Haven't got mixed feelings at all about this, it's another really tacky enterprise. So sad paris is connected to it in her sole name.

Ben
05-12-2011, 06:22 PM
You can start with a little part of course, but it doesnt mean you have to start with a crappy production either.

But lucky us... another summary from aunty Ivy!! :P

Big Apple2
05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I don't get why this keeps being said. Does no one not notice what other celebrity kids are landing these days? What celebrity kid do you know of would star in something like this?

I don't even think the Kardishan's Momma would touch this "project," and we all know what attention seekers they ALL are. LOL!

marebear
05-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Larry King is involved in this so it can't be all that bad. Maybe she wants to do this and build up and gain experience. Miley and the others got a show and they have had their issues. I think it's better to do something small and go from there. I would like to see her have a career and not like the Kardashians. I don't know what they do.

Big Apple2
05-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I think it's better to do something small and go from there.

Ain't nothing wrong with starting "small," but small-respectable and small-thrown together with scotch tape are two different things in my opinion.

MsCassieMollie
05-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Paris ..Prince...and blanket being interviewed

http://www.accesshollywood.com/_video_1371729

Prince, Paris and Blanket check out the rehearsals for Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour” in Las Vegas. So, what were their favor parts of the show? Plus, will Paris and Prince follow in their famous father’s footsteps?

Lisha
05-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Don't get mad but I actually ordered the book. So that we can see what this movie /book is about.

That might be a good idea. What the story line sounds like to me, from the little bit that's available, it seems like one that lines up to themes that were very dear to Michael's heart. I am obviously trying to stay optimistic here before totally condemning the project. Of course, this is a separate issue from Paris' involvement.

However, is it possible, knowing how much Michael stayed aware of things, especially projects that he would see as being valuable in awakening the public's awareness to important issues, that he came across this children's book? I believe it came out in ...was 2006? And the first attempt towards making it into a film was back in 2007? Do I have that right?

What if Michael got a hold of this book and read it to his children and that was Paris' first introduction to Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys? Then she would probably think that her dad would support the project, and hopefully her involvement with it, if he were still here. Not saying he would, how would any of us know how he would think, we were never in his head...just how she could possibly see it.

But keep in mind that all I have suggested is due entirely to speculation and shared only to perhaps offer to us here another perspective.

bgz
05-12-2011, 07:46 PM
That might be a good idea. What the story line sounds like to me, from the little bit that's available, it seems like one that lines up to themes that were very dear to Michael's heart. I am obviously trying to stay optimistic here before totally condemning the project. Of course, this is a separate issue from Paris' involvement.

However, is it possible, knowing how much Michael stayed aware of things, especially projects that he would see as being valuable in awakening the public's awareness to important issues, that he came across this children's book? I believe it came out in ...was 2006? And the first attempt towards making it into a film was back in 2007? Do I have that right?

What if Michael got a hold of this book and read it to his children and that was Paris' first introduction to Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys? Then she would probably think that her dad would support the project, and hopefully her involvement with it, if he were still here. Not saying he would, how would any of us know how he would think, we were never in his head...just how she could possibly see it.

But keep in mind that all I have suggested is due entirely on speculation and shared only to perhaps offer to us here another perspective.

Thank you for expressing this, it is something that has gone through my mind as well. It's not to say I approve or disapprove of the project, just a possible explanation for the interest Paris is showing in this.

Ben
05-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I agree it could be a reason why she likes the project. I dont dislike the story itself, which sounds cute and with values I share, but it's the people possibly involved and the way it's organized that make me wince.

marebear
05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with starting "small," but small-respectable and small-thrown together with scotch tape are two different things in my opinion.

I understand. It hasn't been made yet and we don't know how it will turn out. It could end up alright.

Snow White 1937
05-12-2011, 08:40 PM

This is exactly how I feel, I wholeheartedly agree. :)

looks...amateurish....this doesn'r strike me as a huge launch vehicle in manner of Jaden Smith Karate kid etc...
I am also a little surprised by this. Yes, she has to start somewhere but shouldn't her name at least have got her a role in some bigger movie (like Jaden)? I know people complain that she might have got this role only because of her name, but so what, many people do. It's always about who you know in the business.
Who's her manager anyway? Who works out her deals? Who advises her? The Jacksons have proved to be clueless when it comes to business decisions, and I don't want the kids to associated with them. I don't want the Jacksons failure to taint the children's image and reputation. Hopefully we'll find out more on Thursday.

Ashtanga
05-12-2011, 10:04 PM
:*****:

Another interview.... :fear: :doh: :sigh: The press must leave the PPB alone. :perrin:

Bonnie Blue
05-12-2011, 10:19 PM
^^ Thanks for posting that interview (even tho' you don't approve of it!) Gosh, paris is absolutely determined to follow her dad into the entertainment business. Prince seems to be keeping his options open - which you would tend to do if you're 14.

I remember an interview with i;m pretty sure, adam ant (fab 80s uk popstar - kings of the wild frontier) who went to meet mj at hayvenhurst in the early 80s, and mj said to him something like the key to success is to work with the best - which of course is something he did - quincy, swedian, scorcese, etc. It's advice that his children would be wise to follow - of course you prob have to begin small but work with the absolute best in the industry and then you learn and can grow, just like mj did watching james brown at the apollo. Not with some unheard of author, with some 'unusual' marketing ideas and companies which have absolutely no track record in the filmworld.

suzynyc
05-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't even think the Kardishan's Momma would touch this "project," and we all know what attention seekers they ALL are. LOL! No Kardashian would be caught dead doing something as wholesome as this project lol.

twinklEE
05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Becoming a big star seems to be the thing to do for Paris, the girl can't even handle criticism on Twitter, calling everyone a hater, who does not tweet ''I love you Paris'' a million times over. She has no idea what she's putting herself into by getting into the business this early, it seems like she only sees the bright side of stardom which is fame and stardom, but what about the other side? What about millions of people judging her? People are not going to wear gloves just because she happens to be Michael Jackson's daughter, quiet the contrary. What if she can't act? She is a pretty face, but acting actually requires some talent and people expect even more of her considering who her father was. This will not have a happy ending, it's going to turn ugly eventually and she has no single person around her to tell her, to sit her 13 year old ass down somewhere and wait for another few years, or at least wait till she finds a respected production house who is willing to take her in. There won't be anyone here to help her take care of wounds media is going to cause, once she puts herself on a public platform just like that, she won't be able to hide behind the excuse of ''don't judge since u don't know me'', cuz that doesn't fly when u put urself in a position like that. I'm convinced that this is what Paris wants to do, but I can't help but wonder if certain Jackson's haven't played a huge part in filling her head up with delusions of fame and celebrity. Prince seems to be a lot more level headed than she is, I just hope her dreams and hopes don't get shattered too soon, and regardless of what whomever is claiming Michael would have never tolerated this, not when his child is 13 years old. Never.

xthunderx2
05-12-2011, 11:31 PM

Michael would be VERY VERY proud of his children. Bless their hearts.

MsCassieMollie
05-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Prince, Paris and Blanket being interviewed

Youtube link for those who can't view AH links.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YQJ2i3GIulI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>