Jimmy Jam - Recording 'Scream'

I remember an interview with Janet Jackson where she said that they are a very competitive family.

thank you for posting...yes,,Michael was VERY competitive,,and that is ok,,,as stated,,,it's healthy,

Last edited:
This is from the UK Janet documentary "Taking Control" which aired just over a month ago. If you ever see it listed, it's quite a good doc.

For anyone interested, I posted a download link here a few weeks ago.

A Clip from Janet: Taking Control (BBC4), where Jimmy Jam (Jam & Lewis, Flyte Time) tells a story of Janet and Michael recording Scream... And re-recording it.

DOWNLOAD

So interesting, because in my opinion Janet's vocals on the track are her best to date in her entire career. I've never heard her go for notes and really get into the grit as much as she did there. I think Michael definitely brought out the best in her and I can see why he wanted to rerecord his part; she really does ace it!

sorry would anyone be able to tell the story here? i tried to look at the video but it says its unavailable :(

sorry would anyone be able to tell the story here? i tried to look at the video but it says its unavailable :(

I was about to say the same thing. It says the video/user has been removed due to copyright or something.
Could someone tell the story here?

I was about to say the same thing. It says the video/user has been removed due to copyright or something.
Could someone tell the story here?

Yes the link has been removed....please could someone tell the story here? Thank you

Back